HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 11:20 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Man, I missed out on the auction for the Carnival worn Grossmann jersey last week. Got sniped at the very end... Couldn't pay more for it, as it was getting too high.

But, I did get the game used, autographed sticks for Grossmann and Talbot today. I'm not really amuck of a buyer for autographs. As, I always wonder if they are. However, these sticks were sold by the Flyers charity themselves. So, I gave it a shot.

Ending in midday helped my chances, I think. When they end at night, there is more competition.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:57 AM
Rocky Raccoon

Knockoffs have become extremely popular over the last few years. I went to the Flyers-Devils game a few weeks ago and the stands were filled with them. Every sporting event I go to the stands are filled with them, whether it's hockey, football, or baseball.

Fact is, some sites have gotten really good at getting them right. I remember being on the boardwalk years ago and you could spot them a mile away in those little stands. Colors being way off, shiny numbers, wrong fonts, whatever. But it's not like that anymore. The only reason I can even tell they're not real is because I'm a jersey freak. Otherwise, you'd have no idea with most of them.

Honestly, I don't blame anyone who buys them.

And yes, I own a few myself, but won't be buying anymore because I prefer the real deal.

Last edited by Rocky Raccoon: 03-30-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old
03-30-2013, 10:54 AM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
Knockoffs have become extremely popular over the last few years. I went to the Flyers-Devils game a few weeks ago and the stands were filled with them. Every sporting event I go to the stands are filled with them, whether it's hockey, football, or baseball.

Fact is, some sites have gotten really good at getting them right. I remember being on the boardwalk years ago and you could spot them a mile away in those little stands. Colors being way off, shiny numbers, wrong fonts, whatever. But it's not like that anymore. The only reason I can even tell they're not real is because I'm a jersey freak. Otherwise, you'd have no idea with most of them.

And yes, I own a few myself, but won't be buying anymore because I prefer the real deal.
I don't own a knock off but I can certainly see why people want them. Jerseys, especially the replicas, are stupidly overpriced. You can search ebay for deals but not everyone has the time to do so. So when you're left choosing between a $200 replica or $40 fake, it's not surprising that they take over the majority of games.

People want the piece of mind of not caring what happens to the jersey when they are at the game, bar, tailgating, etc.

Unless replicas decrease in price, fakes will be extremely prominent.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:17 AM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
I don't own a knock off but I can certainly see why people want them. Jerseys, especially the replicas, are stupidly overpriced. You can search ebay for deals but not everyone has the time to do so. So when you're left choosing between a $200 replica or $40 fake, it's not surprising that they take over the majority of games.

People want the piece of mind of not caring what happens to the jersey when they are at the game, bar, tailgating, etc.

Unless replicas decrease in price, fakes will be extremely prominent.
Couldn't agree more. Also, with a team like the Flyers who has had A LOT of roster changes over the last few years, who wants to spend $200 on a player you are NOT sure is going to be on the team for a while?

This trade deadline, I might lose $200 investments on two Briere jerseys, and a Talbot. It's a shame.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:43 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Couldn't agree more. Also, with a team like the Flyers who has had A LOT of roster changes over the last few years, who wants to spend $200 on a player you are NOT sure is going to be on the team for a while?
That's not a huge deal. At games, I see people wearing team jerseys from past players all the time.

When I flew up for the carnival, I wore my away Flyer Jagr jersey. Had several people tell me they liked it. I like wearing that jersey, and he is't on the team anymore

Old
03-30-2013, 12:59 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
That's not a huge deal. At games, I see people wearing team jerseys from past players all the time.

When I flew up for the carnival, I wore my away Flyer Jagr jersey. Had several people tell me they liked it. I like wearing that jersey, and he is't on the team anymore
It's a personal thing. Some people have no problem continuing to wear old players' jerseys, others will never touch them again if a player is traded or leaves as an FA. My father owned one jersey (a Lindros authentic that he bought a year and a half before everything happened) and since he left, my father's 1 flyers jersey has sat idle in the corner of a closet nether to be worn again. When we go to games, he either wears a flyers t shirt or an orange polo. I've tried to get him to take the Lindros jersey out again (tried to get him to wear it to the alumni game) but he said no.

And I've offered to buy him a new jersey several times, but I think the whole experience of shelling out so much money only to have the player leave so soon after really irked him, so he always told me no. I finally bought him a Chinese Giroux knock-off for Christmas (and it's actually really well done, can barely tell the difference). It cost me like $40 and my father is thrilled with it.

Old
03-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Is this legit???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3212-REEBOK-...item5d3c34eaa0

Last edited by Schenn Bros Pizza*: 03-30-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Quote:

I agree. I haven't owned a hockey jersey in over ten years(Lindros) and I want to buy one that's a good deal. But I can't trust anyone on eBay and I want to get a decent deal on it. I have no idea how to tell what ones are fake. Looking for Giroux or Simmonds WC.

Old
03-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

That jersey is genuine.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
03-30-2013, 09:12 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't buy any jersey on ebay - as it's difficult to tell sometimes. I just buy them straight from a specific place. I have a few from the NHL store, before I knew better. Now, I buy from Coolhockey.com. I've been very happy with their work. I have 3 or 4 from them.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:08 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
I don't buy any jersey on ebay - as it's difficult to tell sometimes. I just buy them straight from a specific place. I have a few from the NHL store, before I knew better. Now, I buy from Coolhockey.com. I've been very happy with their work. I have 3 or 4 from them.
Yes... at times they use the stock photo from NHL.com or some place like that, and not the one they are actually selling on auction. It is pretty easy to spot those standard photos though... a sure sign to steer clear. Even if they are selling legit items, they should take a picture of the actual product in a non-professional situation.

Most fakes with actual photos are easy to spot as bogus... Back in the pre-Reebok KOHO/CCM days they were more true with a tipoff being the round hole in letters such as the 'R' in Richards... However, the Replica jerseys were sold with pretty much uniform customization that looked a lot like the on-ice product and were similar size and structure, and were much, much more reasonably priced at full retail... and there were very often much competition and sweet sales and coupons/coupon-matching... Pre-Reebok there were little to no need to go bootleg, and I actually find it difficult to remember any fakes at all.

Sad to say that the Reebok stranglehold on NHL jerseys and their pricing has caused these evil monster bootleggers and the need for fans to seek them out... that said, I have to say that the quality of the official jerseys have improved greatly over the last year or so... BUT... the Wells Fargo Center fan store has among the multi-layered lettered/numbered Gagne jerseys some single layered, smaller numbered ones mixed in -- including some old style leftover roads -- as well as some heat pressed customization among the stitched ones... all for the same price.

Also, at the Kimo 1,000th celebration game they had some god-awful #44s that were obviously made up in a rush... Honestly, I personally would be ashamed to hang them for sale if I managed the store... the numbers were all buckled.

<WOW... it's been a while since I ranted like this here on this subject... I used to do it really often. haha>

Old
03-31-2013, 04:30 AM
Rocky Raccoon

A little off topic but I don't want to start a new thread for this:

Has anyone bought t-shirts from Old Time Hockey? Looking for some shirts on NHL.com and I like their designs but since I've never owned a shirt from them I don't know how they fit. Anyone have an idea? Reebok sizing is always perfect.

Also, are their shirts made with that really thin material some places use now? Think athletic fit or slim fit. Not a fan of those kind of shirts.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:29 AM
Mosetter27

So I've heard whispers that Bauer is making a HUGE! push for NHL's contract. Under Armour and Adidas also have thrown their hat in there..

CONFIRMED!

(had to do it for old time sake)

Old
03-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Flyers845

I like the edge 2.0's I wonder what bauers fit would be like

Old
03-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosetter27 View Post
So I've heard whispers that Bauer is making a HUGE! push for NHL's contract. Under Armour and Adidas also have thrown their hat in there..

CONFIRMED!

Freakin' Awesome.

On a serious note, Adidas is the same as Reebok. Adidas is their parent company.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Freakin' Awesome.

On a serious note, Adidas is the same as Reebok. Adidas is their parent company.
quite possible there might be a seperate department? im not sure but the chatter ive been hearing is pointing twords them 3 companies..

Old
03-31-2013, 10:56 PM
leclair1088

Where does everyone go to get their blanks customized? Philly area...

Old
04-01-2013, 12:46 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
Where does everyone go to get their blanks customized? Philly area...
Depends on the jersey, either Ruberti's or Philly Express/Skate Zones. I actually prefer to use Pro League Authentics, as they handle all the leg work. Tends to be a $10-20 dollar mark up, but it is worth it to have a one stop shop for me.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:56 AM
Rocky Raccoon

Quote:

CONFIRMED!

What exactly would this mean? Reebok wouldn't make uniforms or merchandise anymore?

Old
04-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Mosetter27

Quote:
What exactly would this mean? Reebok wouldn't make uniforms or merchandise anymore?
Correct. Reebok has NHL rights to make all their jerseys and shirts hats etc. I believe in 2 years their contract expires and those companies listed above are what I'm hearing chatter about taking over. Bauer would be very welcomed to me.

Old
04-01-2013, 07:58 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
I used to get my knock-offs at the Columbus flea market. Can't beat getting a jersey for $35. Yes, the lettering is a little large, the color may be slightly off, but I'm not paying $200 for a friggin jersey.

EDIT: My buddy got a Hartnell jersey while we were at the game on Saturday. The authentic Hartnell jersey purchased from the Fan Zone didn't even have the jersey straps. The knock-off Pronger jersey he was wearing did have straps. I thought authentic jerseys had straps, no?

Old
04-01-2013, 10:07 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Bauer would be very welcomed to me.
Yes indeed

Old
04-01-2013, 10:24 AM
GarretWillhelmThe3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
I used to get my knock-offs at the Columbus flea market. Can't beat getting a jersey for $35. Yes, the lettering is a little large, the color may be slightly off, but I'm not paying $200 for a friggin jersey.

EDIT: My buddy got a Hartnell jersey while we were at the game on Saturday. The authentic Hartnell jersey purchased from the Fan Zone didn't even have the jersey straps. The knock-off Pronger jersey he was wearing did have straps. I thought authentic jerseys had straps, no?
Unfortunately that is $200 for a standard replica, sized S-XXL. If it was an authentic, supposedly replicated to what is worn on the ice it would be sized from 46-60. The current authentics are made in Indonesia and are lighter and not as nice as the jerseys worn on ice, they are edge 2.0's. The previous retail authentic was an edge 1.0, made of ultrafil/xtrafil/edge material. Your buddy bought a $200 replica.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

The timing of this is unbelievable... check out Google News for the information on Reebok selling their rights off early on the NHL jerseys... and Bauer striking a deal with the NHL to take it over and keep the rights through 2020-21 season... plus a major Bauer/NHL push to eliminate all knockoffs through strict policing... Great news!!!

Old
04-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

I haven't found anything.

Closed Thread