HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
This thread is hilarious. Most of you can't acknowledge the fact that most of the players called out for a potential trade (i.e Clowe, Talbot, Hartnell, etc) are carbon-copies ir close too of Bourque and Prust. What I mean is that the needs you want to cover is already covered, you just got to be patient.

Every area is covered ib Montreal except 2.

1) a big crease clearing defensmen

2) a heavyweight enforcer to keep teams in check and give us that spark we sometimes need against the tougher teams in oyt division.

That-is-all. We have 3 good offensive lines, we don't need more offense.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
El Cloun.

ROFL.
Anyone using that joke as a source should be banned for life.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
How does his statement imply yours?
Clowe is a friend and golf buddy with Ryder
Knows and played with Josh G as a Shark and before Nhl
Clowe's fav team growin up was Montreal...

Again,if Sharks do deal him or he goes ufa this summer,the things listed above,certainly help Habs.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
This thread is hilarious. Most of you can't acknowledge the fact that most of the players called out for a potential trade (i.e Clowe, Talbot, Hartnell, etc) are carbon-copies ir close too of Bourque and Prust. What I mean is that the needs you want to cover is already covered, you just got to be patient.

2) a heavyweight enforcer to keep teams in check and give us that spark we sometimes need against the tougher teams in oyt division.

Okay first off hartnell and talbot are not carbon copies of bourque and prust (similar but not copies) and what you don't seem to get is we don't need a heavy, we haven't had one all year we play our style of game... Fast pace canadiens hockey our forth line plays what 10-11 mins a night... Why being in a guy who's a defensive liability to play 5? If you want a fighter find one who can play canadiens defensive two way hockey

A crease clearer would work but again not a slow one we have a style and it's working

Old
03-30-2013, 10:47 AM
GallySquared
Habs fan for life

@maxpac, actually I agree with what you said we need (D wise), however I disagree that we don't need more scoring.
Bourque could be out for the rest of the year, which isn't going to help us in the playoffs. We do need more scoring but in the shape of a Callahan/Brown type. I know, it's almost impossible to get someone of that mold, but that is exactly what we need.

I also don't think we need an enforcer, we need someone who can fight, but put up points as well. Ott (I know he's picky on who he fights, but still) or Simmonds type. Again, pipe dream, but enforcers to me are useless. Look at Scott...

Old
03-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Habs

This is one of the weakest trade deadlines I can remember in terms of who is available. I mean TSN is even pumping up JayBo , like he would be some prized addition with that monumental salary. I guess I won't be that sad if MB does nothing ... its a ransom out there.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallySquared View Post
@maxpac, actually I agree with what you said we need (D wise), however I disagree that we don't need more scoring.
Bourque could be out for the rest of the year, which isn't going to help us in the playoffs. We do need more scoring but in the shape of a Callahan/Brown type. I know, it's almost impossible to get someone of that mold, but that is exactly what we need.

I also don't think we need an enforcer, we need someone who can fight, but put up points as well. Ott (I know he's picky on who he fights, but still) or Simmonds type. Again, pipe dream, but enforcers to me are useless. Look at Scott...
You are right. We only have 3 games left against Tor/Bos where we need the full out goon. A Clarkson type player would be nice. We do need an offensive dman if Diaz is unable to return as that 2nd line PP is not good. A big 7th dman would also be nice to have just in case of injuries or to put into certain games.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

Clowe isnt Bourque...Clowe isnt Prust....Clowe has put up how many20 goal seasons?

Clowe 422 games 271 pts...

Habs get Clowe now or offseason,add a guy like John Scott and Bordealu offsesson as ufa's...then were good for anyone.

Big crease clear dman,get Doug Murray as ufa offsesson.

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old
03-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Clowe isnt Bourque...Clowe isnt Prust....Clowe has put up how many20 goal seasons?

Has get Clowe now or offseason,add a guy like John Scott and Bordealu offsesson as ufa's...then were good for anyone.

Big crease clear dman,get Doug Murray as ufa offsesson.
We're not a slow team the only one I'd be okay with is bourdeleau cause surprisingly he isn't that slow the rest too old

Old
03-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
We're not a slow team the only one I'd be okay with is bourdeleau cause surprisingly he isn't that slow the rest too old
Do you remember slow Robert Lang in Montreal....on a blazin fast team at that.

Clowe will fit Habs no worries at all..Prust fits so will Clowe,and Clowe got way better hands for sure.

Doug Murray is a huge dude crease clearer...good enough for Pens not for Habs????ya ok

Bruins seem like a different team when John Scott plays why?ask Thornton,heck even Bgl never dummied him like that.

Habs walkin into beantown with Clowe Scott Prust Bordy....bring it on,show them some real embellishment..lol
Bruins would be a different team vs habs with those guys in our line up.

Also Derek Engelland i would target too.

Engelland
Clowe
Prust
Scott

I like that....

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-30-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old
03-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

How well would Bourque ,Talbot,Hartnell etc do vs Parros?

Clowe vs Parros
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/91440

Clowe vs Kassian

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115390

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-30-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old
03-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't stand these threads. Articulate your ****ing points otherwise all I'm reading is a 6 year old mumbling.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Do you remember slow Robert Lang in Montreal....on a blazin fast team at that.

Clowe will fit Habs no worries at all..Prust fits so will Clowe,and Clowe got way better hands for sure.

Doug Murray is a huge dude crease clearer...good enough for Pens not for Habs????ya ok

Bruins seem like a different team when John Scott plays why?ask Thornton,heck even Bgl never dummied him like that.

Habs walkin into beantown with Clowe Scott Prust Bordy....bring it on,show them some real embellishment..lol
Bruins would be a different team vs habs with those guys in our line up.

Also Derek Engelland i would target too.

Engelland
Clowe
Prust
Scott

I like that....
Different team then the one who lost to us 2 out of 3 times this year? Oh yes I want different from that

Old
03-30-2013, 11:46 AM
ChoseLa

People fail to understand that Clowe is a heavy weight, we dont need a Scott on the fourth if he's on the team, Clowe will take care of all the HW.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:48 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:

Agreed 100%.

Even if Bourque is out all year, the top 9 is set with Paces, Plek, Desharnais, Gallagher, Gionta, Galchenyuk, Ryder, Prust and Eller. If Bourque comes back, bring Prust to the 4th line. Where exactly would someone like Clowe fit? Or Talbot? Even Hartnell.

IMO bringing in someone like Bordeleau for tough games and Zanon or O'Brien from Colorado(same team as Bordeleau) would be ideal. Would be WAY cheaper than anyone else mentionned but actually fit a need.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
This is one of the weakest trade deadlines I can remember in terms of who is available. I mean TSN is even pumping up JayBo , like he would be some prized addition with that monumental salary. I guess I won't be that sad if MB does nothing ... its a ransom out there.
I agree and there's starting to be a trend at trade deadline the big players seem to go before the deadline. I agree though it will be a slow April 3 but maybe mtl might do something considering they just put kaberle on waivers maybe making space for a trade

Old
03-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Different team then the one who lost to us 2 out of 3 times this year? Oh yes I want different from that
Just remember the playoffs vs flyers few years ago...different animal...why did habs lose?
We never had a chance.

Also if bruins want to go ape sheet on habs today,Prust can't save everyone.Habs are still goona get beat down big,look at what Toronto did to Habs,so wake up.

As i said you got a habs line up with Clowe Prust Scott Engelland,i can guarantee you bruins or anyone team aint gonna be running over that line up...as i said bring it on,the habs would have a team who could play any type of hockey you want...fast or rough.

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-30-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Just remember the playoffs vs flyers few years ago...different animial...why did habs lose?
We never had a chance.

Also if bruins want to go ape sheet on habs today,Prust can't save everyone.Habs are still goona get beat down big,look at what Toronto did to Habs,so wake up.

As i said you got a habs line up with Clowe Prust Scott Engelland,i can guarantee you bruins aint gonna be running over that line up...as i said bring it on.
Teams like that only kick our ass when we try to play their game so you wake up Christ!! Idc who you add in that so called "being it on lineup" you got a first line forward on it? Cause lucic and Horton can play 18 minutes a game easy, dyou got a guy who will be on the ice with Chara for 25minutes+ they aren't a team of goons in the bottom six they're a team of goons period!!! No one you add without crippling this team can play those kind of minutes so please wake up and let us be the team we are supposed to be

Old
03-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Halifaxhab

Cody Mcleod - solid bottom 6er. Can play 10-11 mins, scor 5-10 goals, hit, fight, has good speed.

Don't need a goon, just someone who can do what prust does now.

And

A veteran dman, Sarich? (cheap 7th dman). just an example, I am sure there are others.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:00 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Agreed 100%.

Even if Bourque is out all year, the top 9 is set with Paces, Plek, Desharnais, Gallagher, Gionta, Galchenyuk, Ryder, Prust and Eller. If Bourque comes back, bring Prust to the 4th line. Where exactly would someone like Clowe fit? Or Talbot? Even Hartnell.

IMO bringing in someone like Bordeleau for tough games and Zanon or O'Brien from Colorado(same team as Bordeleau) would be ideal. Would be WAY cheaper than anyone else mentionned but actually fit a need.
You wanna trade for Zanon? He's top-5 of the worst d-mem in the league.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Teams like that only kick our ass when we try to play their game so you wake up Christ!! Idc who you add in that so called "being it on lineup" you got a first line forward on it? Cause lucic and Horton can play 18 minutes a game easy, dyou got a guy who will be on the ice with Chara for 25minutes+ they aren't a team of goons in the bottom six they're a team of goons period!!! No one you add without crippling this team can play those kind of minutes so please wake up and let us be the team we are supposed to be
Hey i am fully awake...Ryan Clowe has 271 pts in 422 games...he get that many playin 10mins a night on the 4th line?.what is your problem..

Deryk Engelland plays for Pens on defense 13-15 mins a night....not good enough for Habs? Lol
Engelland fights guys like Colton Orr and wins. ...you gotta problem with that?

I dont remember toronto this year kickin our azz because we tried to play there game.....again wake up .

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-30-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Hey i am fully awake...Ryan Clowe has 271 pts in 422 games...he get that many playin 10mins a night?.what is your problem..

Derek Engelland plays for Pens....not good enough for Habs? Lol
Engelland fights guys like Colton Orr and wins. ...you gotta problem with that?
Oh right the same clowe who hasnt scored a goal allllll year!!!!

And if engelland is so good why would the pens give him up if they know they need to get by the bruins or leafs for the cup too?

Please get off NHL 13 and think logically is clowe worth a good prospect and a 1st in this draft? If you think so then our argument is over because you clearly need your head examined

Old
03-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

And if engelland is so good why would the pens give him up if they know they need to get by the bruins or leafs for the cup too?

Please get off NHL 13 and think logically is clowe worth a good prospect and a 1st in this draft? If you think so then our argument is over because you clearly need your head examined
Lol sorry man,i'm done.
Not worth my time.
Majority are on my side i bet,and will see come this summer if i'm right.
Therrien and Berg goona make this a tough team.......bank it

Clowe needs a new contract in summer so good for habs.

Many here was freakin about the Prust contact too....now what are most sayin?
If habs went right to Prust's house with a jersey to sell him on Montreal,imagine how easy the sell would be to a habs fan like a ufa Clowe..if they loved Prust,you dont think they love Clowe?....

I expect Clowe to be a habs,and the same Prust contact haters to whine until Clowe plays ,then ya shut up just like they did with Prust.

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-30-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

One other thing,

Engelland is comin up to ufa ,current salary of 575,000,Malkin salary comming this summer of 10-12million a yr,means people leavin Pens..

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-30-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 12:43 PM
PATCHESx67

personally i would target Jaybo,he would fit really well with the Habs system.Obviously he woudlnt come cheap but Feaster aint the best GM neither.A top 4 of Subban,JayBo,Markov and Gorges would be awesome.I know he has a cap of 6.6mill but this off season we could easily get rid of Gionta for a pick and JayBo's contract ends next summer also so its not like we would be stuck with hes contract for long,he would deff help the habs this year and next.

Closed Thread