HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Official Injury Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 10:52 AM
dtones520

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Why can't we just go?

8-13-24
51-40-20
14-63-11
17-25-22

55-52
2-18
4-65

Because 8-13-11 and 2-23 is ****ing stupid.
Dekeyser hasn't played hockey in 2 weeks and has been on an NHL roster for 24 hours. Lets just throw him into an NHL lineup that is competing for a playoff spot right away and see how he does. Especially when he would be taking a guys spot who has been in the lineup all year. Great idea.

As for Cleary being on the first line, obviously not ideal, but lets not act. Like Brunner has played well lately. Babcock is making a line that can shut down the opposing teams first line, since they don't have a defensive third line that can.

As for Franzen, I really hope the Wings use their buyout clause on him this offseason. Get that lifetime deal off the books and get that injury prone, heartless player off this team. I don't know what it is, but Franzen does not compete hard, he coasts through 90% of his shifts. He is lucky enough to play with one of the best playmakers in the history of the game, but seems like he could care less. At least Danny Cleary plays hard, he is just horrible.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:19 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 46 s
Babcock said Franzen and Samuelsson cleared to play. They'll decide tomorrow who goes on. Need to clear roster spot before Samuelsson can go
Guess Nyquist goes down soon.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:23 AM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtones520 View Post
As for Cleary being on the first line, obviously not ideal, but lets not act. Like Brunner has played well lately. Babcock is making a line that can shut down the opposing teams first line, since they don't have a defensive third line that can
As its been pointed out several times...

1) Datsyuk has played for years with Holmstrom on his line against many top lines. Holmstrom often being one, if not the team's worst even strength defensive forward

2) Datsyuk would benefit from a player who can help sustain offensive pressure and spend time in the offensive zone rather than forced to play the rover role where he's basically a 3rd defenceman. Cleary is terrible with the puck and team's have no respect for him, thus making him terrible at sustaining any pressure.

3) Cleary is not a shutdown forward. Just because you're not skilled people seem to assume that a player must be strong defensively. Wrong. Cleary is not great defensively and turns the puck over at bad areas on the ice.

4) We don't have another line that's going to score now. Z's line doesn't know how to score at the moment, so where is the offense going to come from? Putting Cleary with Datsyuk is suicide. Detroit is basically going to have to hope for a stellar Jimmy Howard performance, bottom 6 chipping in with a goal or two, and/or a perfect game on special teams.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:25 AM
SoupGuru

Quote:
Dekeyser hasn't played hockey in 2 weeks and has been on an NHL roster for 24 hours. Lets just throw him into an NHL lineup that is competing for a playoff spot right away and see how he does. Especially when he would be taking a guys spot who has been in the lineup all year. Great idea.

As for Cleary being on the first line, obviously not ideal, but lets not act. Like Brunner has played well lately. Babcock is making a line that can shut down the opposing teams first line, since they don't have a defensive third line that can.

As for Franzen, I really hope the Wings use their buyout clause on him this offseason. Get that lifetime deal off the books and get that injury prone, heartless player off this team. I don't know what it is, but Franzen does not compete hard, he coasts through 90% of his shifts. He is lucky enough to play with one of the best playmakers in the history of the game, but seems like he could care less. At least Danny Cleary plays hard, he is just horrible.
Franzen is third on this team for plus/minus. He's been our top goal scorer. Maybe he doesn't play the game you want him to play but he seems to be getting things done out there. Maybe your perception of him is skewed and you're suffering from confirmation bias?

Old
03-30-2013, 11:30 AM
joe89

The time to waive Eaves has come..

Old
03-30-2013, 11:32 AM
detredWINgs

This is a sad, sad day, for I'm actually happy that Samuelsson and his "offensive abilities" will be back in the lineup. What have we become?!?

Old
03-30-2013, 11:39 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
This is a sad, sad day, for I'm actually happy that Samuelsson and his "offensive abilities" will be back in the lineup. What have we become?!?
It'd be nice if we could have Helm and Sammy/Bert in the lineup just once this season. We don't need both of Bert and Sammy but we clearly need one seeing as Abdelkader, Cleary and Miller are getting top six time in their absence.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:44 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Franzen is third on this team for plus/minus. He's been our top goal scorer. Maybe he doesn't play the game you want him to play but he seems to be getting things done out there. Maybe your perception of him is skewed and you're suffering from confirmation bias?
Franzen's PDO is 1050. Highest on the team of all forwards. Rel. Corsi 0.5. Seems more like luck/small sample size.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:53 AM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Franzen is on pace for 58 points and a +27 in 82 games. Need to find something else to complain about.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:59 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
It'd be nice if we could have Helm and Sammy/Bert in the lineup just once this season. We don't need both of Bert and Sammy but we clearly need one seeing as Abdelkader, Cleary and Miller are getting top six time in their absence.
Helm? Sure.
Sammy hurts more than he helps

Old
03-30-2013, 12:04 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Why can't we just go?

8-13-24
51-40-20
14-63-11
17-25-22

55-52
2-18
4-65

Because 8-13-11 and 2-23 is ****ing stupid.
Very true

Quote:

As for Franzen. He is our best winger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post

1) Datsyuk has played for years with Holmstrom on his line against many top lines. Holmstrom often being one, if not the team's worst even strength defensive forward

2) Datsyuk would benefit from a player who can help sustain offensive pressure and spend time in the offensive zone rather than forced to play the rover role where he's basically a 3rd defenceman. Cleary is terrible with the puck and team's have no respect for him, thus making him terrible at sustaining any pressure.

3) Cleary is not a shutdown forward. Just because you're not skilled people seem to assume that a player must be strong defensively. Wrong. Cleary is not great defensively and turns the puck over at bad areas on the ice.

4) We don't have another line that's going to score now. Z's line doesn't know how to score at the moment, so where is the offense going to come from? Putting Cleary with Datsyuk is suicide. Detroit is basically going to have to hope for a stellar Jimmy Howard performance, bottom 6 chipping in with a goal or two, and/or a perfect game on special teams.
Good point about Cleary not being so great defensively.
Z has been cold lately.

The main reason we have been doing good lately is that our PP finally can score us goals (did not score vs Sharks we lost) and our goaltending.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:06 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
Helm? Sure.
Samuelsson with Z is fine.
Samuelsson with Datsyuk, I believe Datsyuk hates playing with him.

Old
03-30-2013, 01:24 PM
14ari13

If Babcock wants to use Abby-D-Cleary as his shutdown line, then I think he should swap Datsyuk and Filppula and in that way he would get several thinkg going.

Old
03-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:

Fair point on Dekeyser.

Only suggest putting Brunner with Datsyuk to try and get Brunner going again. Plus it seems like he's had time with Z then time with the 3rd line. Just want to see what they could do together. I'm fine with Abby with Dats since he wins puck battles and goes to the net. Seems redundant and counter-productive to have both Abby and Cleary with Dats since they do the same thing. I'd put Brunner in Franzen's spot as the triggerman on the line.

Old
03-30-2013, 01:40 PM
FlashyG

Both Franzen and Sammy are playing tomorrow vs Chicago.

No word yet on who goes down, but the odds are that it will be Nyquist.

Link

Old
03-30-2013, 02:34 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
Helm? Sure.
I don't even like the guy, but really? Sammy being in the lineup hurts us more than Cleary/Miller/Abby playing in the top 6?

Old
03-30-2013, 03:22 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
Both Franzen and Sammy are playing tomorrow vs Chicago.

No word yet on who goes down, but the odds are that it will be Nyquist.

Link
Good news.
Franzen-Filppula-Samuelsson
Datsyuk and Z together.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:24 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Good news.
Franzen-Filppula-Samuelsson
Datsyuk and Z together.
Babcock must be drinking again.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post

Top EVS points per 60 mins (minimum of 10 games played):

1. Pavs
2. Tatar
3. Filppula
4. Z
5. Brunner
6. Franzen
7. Andersson
8. Eaves
9. Abby
10. Miller
11. Tootoo
12. Emmerton
13. Danny Cleary
THE END

Tatar should be in Detroit. Not his fault and probably not Babs' fault he's not here. Since Tatar is in Grand Rapids then Andersson probably deserves the Abby/Cleary/Miller top 6 spot seeing as he's right on the edge of top 6 point production despite getting bottom 6 minutes. Unfortunately we have no centers so he's locked into that 3rd line pivot spot until Helm gets healthy. This is part of the reason why I've been pushing for Riley Sheahan to get a shot in Detroit. I'm sure Babs would put him in the lineup if he could get a call up.

Clearly belongs nowhere near the top 6. He's gotten plenty of ice time and is the absolute worst forward on the squad at generating offense. It's plain as day.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:33 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Babcock must be drinking again.
Those are not Babcock's lines, but mine.
I think we should play Z and D together.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post

1. Pavs
2. Tatar
3. Filppula
4. Z
5. Brunner
6. Franzen
7. Andersson
8. Eaves
9. Abby
10. Miller
11. Tootoo
12. Emmerton
13. Danny Cleary
THE END

Tatar should be in Detroit. Not his fault and probably not Babs' fault he's not here. Since Tatar is in Grand Rapids then Andersson probably deserves the Abby/Cleary/Miller top 6 spot seeing as he's right on the edge of top 6 point production despite getting bottom 6 minutes. Unfortunately we have no centers so he's locked into that 3rd line pivot spot until Helm gets healthy. This is part of the reason why I've been pushing for Riley Sheahan to get a shot in Detroit. I'm sure Babs would put him in the lineup if he could get a call up.

Clearly belongs nowhere near the top 6. He's gotten plenty of ice time and is the absolute worst forward on the squad at generating offense. It's plain as day.
Love me some Cleary. Best damn player on the ice!

Old
03-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post

1. Pavs
2. Tatar
3. Filppula
4. Z
5. Brunner
6. Franzen
7. Andersson
8. Eaves
9. Abby
10. Miller
11. Tootoo
12. Emmerton
13. Danny Cleary
THE END
To get the amount of minutes Cleary has gotten given this statistic is a joke. Injuries or not.

We better not re-sign him.
I dont care if he's "good for the room".
He's bad on the ice.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:34 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Those are not Babcock's lines, but mine.
I think we should play Z and D together.
Flip cannot center a line. Especially with Sammy and Franzen being his wingers.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Flip cannot center a line. Especially with Sammy and Franzen being his wingers.
Just like at 2008 that horrible line resulted a Stanley Cup.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:46 PM
petesrw

Closed Thread