HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators | 7.00PM EST March 30th | CBC

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Daisy Jane
trust the vision

vCash: 500
Well didn't Eakins say he was ready? Some things you learn only by playing in the NHL, yes?

Old
03-30-2013, 11:40 AM
LeafOfBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
I'm in Montreal. Will CBC show this game online? For some reason they are showing the Habs/Rangers.
You should be able to find the game online on CBC.

Looking forward to this game, we need to be ready in case it goes to a skills competition though, Sens are the master of grinding it out to one goal/shootout victories.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:41 AM
shakes
Pep City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
From pre-game thread:

Kostka is miles better defensively than Gardiner. It's not really close. Kostka, if used in any situation except PP, is never a liability. He does little things right. Gardiner just lets player walk right by him. Unacceptable in NHL.
And Gardiner moves the puck better than Kostka. Kostka is never a liability? Wow. You make him sound better than Phaneuf. It's not a matter of development, it's a matter of Kostka being forced into th lineup and having a 20 game head start in getting up to game speed. Even then, Gardiner hasn't been nearly as bad as some are suggesting. He hasn't cost the team any games and the team needs puck movers.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
@ian_mendes: Kadri on tonight's game: "It's always fun to come to Ottawa. It's almost like a home game for us."
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
You've ruined my day.
Yea...it's going to suck having no games till thursday. Wednesday is trade deadline so we can't be even sure if the same group will be there for thursday

03-30-2013, 11:58 AM
kesleaf

Quote:
I'm in Montreal. Will CBC show this game online? For some reason they are showing the Habs/Rangers.
CBC has always shown HNIC games online with crystal clear HD quality (probably 720p or more).

Just google search for CBC sports, and you'll see a yellow link to the game near the top of their website.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:00 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Four day break would be good. They would have time to make trades and allow players to adjust in the new environment. And I can catch up with my school work before exams start.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

This has been Kessel best month so far. I wouldnt be surprised to see him break out this game, he was just a man possessed on Thursday. He's been producing and getting better game by game.

Old
Penalty Kill Icing*

Quote:
It shouldn't be that hard to figure. Why would CBC show any other game than Habs/Rangers in Montreal?

Anyways, here is the link for Leafs game, viewable across Canada:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...#id=2277790001

Old
Lebanese Leaf

From my yahoo fantasy team:

"Neil will play Saturday against Toronto.
Recommendation: Neil caught a skate-blade from New York's Anton Stralman in the ankle Thursday night. Neil left the game for a bit, but returned and notched two points. It's unlikely you're playing him, but if you are, you'll be glad to know he isn't going to be sidelined after the cut.
(Rotowire.com)"

Old
03-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
I think Kassian and Orr or McLaren go at it in the first five minutes, setting the tone for a rough and tumble night. Really looking forward to this one.
I hope that's not the case. I mean i like a good fight, but not in the opening minutes of a game. That's anachronistically pointless.

Gonna go for a long shot prediction and say we win in the shootout.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
And Gardiner moves the puck better than Kostka. Kostka is never a liability? Wow. You make him sound better than Phaneuf. It's not a matter of development, it's a matter of Kostka being forced into th lineup and having a 20 game head start in getting up to game speed. Even then, Gardiner hasn't been nearly as bad as some are suggesting. He hasn't cost the team any games and the team needs puck movers.
I re-read my post and it looks like I was too harsh on Gardiner. We all know how good Gardiner is with the puck. But as a defender, first job is to retrieve the puck from the opposition. And Gardiner has struggled with this. Maybe sophomore slump, maybe lack of technique, but it is an undeniable fact.

Lastly, my post was response was someone saying "In no way is Kostka better than Gardiner. Even with Gardiner struggling." which I believe is not quite the case.

As far as head start is concerned, by now, Kostka should be one of the more tired players as he has been playing for longer than others. But his play has been acceptable to say the least.

I am not in love with Kostka by any means, but he has been invisible lately; and for a Leafs defenseman, that mostly means that he hasn't done stuff wrong (for the most part).

Old
03-30-2013, 12:08 PM
KarlSen
EK65

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
didn't he come back and play after the injury??
He came back with about 3 minutes left in the game but was limping badly after the game.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:18 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavsson50 View Post
I was at the game against hurricanes and honestly gunner looked so shaky. I think they should bench him for a game or 2.
Why Gunnar, who's injured and it's clear to see not close to 100%, is playing instead of Gardiner again is unfathomable. Gunnar has been brutal. yeah, Gardiner has been bad defensively, but Gunnar's lack of clearances and giveaways are just as bad if not worse than Gardiner, and his injury has decimated his mobility. On top of those factors, Gardiner is a far better skater on Gunnar's best day and has infinitely better offensive ability.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:20 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
It shouldn't be that hard to figure. Why would CBC show any other game than Habs/Rangers in Montreal?

LOL!

Old
03-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Daisy Jane
trust the vision

Kaberle has been put on waivers. Even though he's not the same Kaberle 2002 era,would he be something we'd be interested in?

Old
03-30-2013, 12:21 PM
kesleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
@ian_mendes: Kadri on tonight's game: "It's always fun to come to Ottawa. It's almost like a home game for us."

Old
03-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

@ACC i'll post the link to the cbc stream along with ourleafsblog spot if you need it my man.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesleaf View Post
that is one freaking awesome gif

Old
03-30-2013, 12:24 PM
SeenSchenn2
Itchin' For Mitch

GoLeafs Gooooo

Keep moving forward

Old
03-30-2013, 12:26 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Why Gunnar, who's injured and it's clear to see not close to 100%, is playing instead of Gardiner again is unfathomable. Gunnar has been brutal. yeah, Gardiner has been bad defensively, but Gunnar's lack of clearances and giveaways are just as bad if not worse than Gardiner, and his injury has decimated his mobility. On top of those factors, Gardiner is a far better skater on Gunnar's best day and has infinitely better offensive ability.
Gunnar hasn't had the best of seasons but I don't think it's a coincidence that Phaneuf has been a +6 since Gunnar replaced Holzer on the top pairing. We really don't have a better option to play with Phaneuf right now.

03-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
Gunnar hasn't had the best of seasons but I don't think it's a coincidence that Phaneuf has been a +6 since Gunnar replaced Holzer on the top pairing. We really don't have a better option to play with Phaneuf right now.
Agreed. You can still see Gunnar's skating is off several times when he makes the casual turns. It's definitely due to his hip injury. As henny has said, it's not going to be a hundred percent this season and he'll have to play with it. Giving Phaneuf an even more of a stable partner will make him excel even further. However gunnar is doing well.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:28 PM
LeafShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
Kaberle has been put on waivers. Even though he's not the same Kaberle 2002 era,would he be something we'd be interested in?
I'd be interested, but I'd be more interested in Kaberle for Komi straight up. We need a vet D to go alongside with Phaneuf. I honestly think we don't get anywhere near the cap next year, so I'm not concerned with the extra salary. We need vet D more than we need a vet G IMHO... and Kaberle's stats aren't that bad.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafShark View Post
I'd be interested, but I'd be more interested in Kaberle for Komi straight up. We need a vet D to go alongside with Phaneuf. I honestly think we don't get anywhere near the cap next year, so I'm not concerned with the extra salary. We need vet D more than we need a vet G IMHO... and Kaberle's stats aren't that bad.
Kabs time is over here. I love the guy but it's done. I'd be more interested in finding someone who can hold the fort, as an ironman to play along side with Phaneuf as well.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:

you don't think he was serious do you?

Old
03-30-2013, 12:34 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
Yeah, a Gunnar (though I'm not nearly as high on him as some are) @ 70% is better than Holzer @ 100% when it comes to top line minutes, no question.

Man, it'd be nice to snag a RD minute-muncher to be able to shut Gunnar down for awhile to have his surgery. I don't know how well he'd hold up if we're in the POs.

Closed Thread