HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dmitri Jaskin - Signed to 3 year deal by Blues

Old
03-23-2013, 09:11 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Moncton lost 3-0 in their opening playoff game.Frk is having a hell of a night for Halifax, 5 goals and 3 assists.
Wasn't a good showing for Moncton. Victoriaville came out and outworked them last night. Jaskin was wearing a player or two the entire night(especially Delisle). He also took alot of stick work from them. Danny Flynn has to change up his game plan for tonight. Give Victo credit , they're a big , physical team that shut down our top players and their 1-3-1 caused havoc for the Cats! Game two tonight!

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Jaškin with an assist tonight in a 6-5 OT loss, Veilleux with a couple of goals.

Pathetic third from the Wildcats where they blew a 5-1 lead with about 12 minutes left.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:20 AM
stlweir

Moncton shut out 1-0 last night. Now down 3-1 in the series. Next game on Friday. Jaskins season could be over. Will we see him in Peoria?

Portland up 2-1. Rattie with a goal last night.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:01 AM
stlweir

Moncton eliminated last night. Jaskin with a goal and an assist. What's next for Jaskin?

Old
03-30-2013, 06:44 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Moncton eliminated last night. Jaskin with a goal and an assist. What's next for Jaskin?
I'd be surprised if he played any more hockey this season. There isn't a great deal to gain from him being in Peoria with his current situation. I suspect we'll wait until after the trade deadline and then try and get his contract situation sorted out in the next couple of weeks.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:17 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Pretty disappointing playoffs for the team. I look forward to him being in Chicago next season(I hate saying that).

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Alklha

Is the Chicago move been confirmed? I know that has been the most popular rumour, but there has been talk that the Blues might simply move the franchise.

Yeah, Moncton sucked in the playoffs. Had comfortable leads in a couple of the games they went on to lose as well.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Is the Chicago move been confirmed? I know that has been the most popular rumour, but there has been talk that the Blues might simply move the franchise.

Yeah, Moncton sucked in the playoffs. Had comfortable leads in a couple of the games they went on to lose as well.
I read that The Blues are selling the FRANCHISE. That mewans, to me, that the only question is whether or not The Blues have a working agreement with The Chicago Wolves, or a working agreement with another AHL team. I doubt that they'll open another AHL franchise in a new city, or buy another, existing AHL franchise.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I read that The Blues are selling the FRANCHISE. That mewans, to me, that the only question is whether or not The Blues have a working agreement with The Chicago Wolves, or a working agreement with another AHL team. I doubt that they'll open another AHL franchise in a new city, or buy another, existing AHL franchise.
The popular rumour is that we are selling the franchise to the Canucks. However, alternative rumours have been floating about in recent weeks about a potential relocation to Indianapolis/Kansas City and not a sale.

If we do have an agreement in place to sell them to the Canucks, then we will be working with Chicago Wolves next season. Which isn't ideal.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
The popular rumour is that we are selling the franchise to the Canucks. However, alternative rumours have been floating about in recent weeks about a potential relocation to Indianapolis/Kansas City and not a sale.

If we do have an agreement in place to sell them to the Canucks, then we will be working with Chicago Wolves next season. Which isn't ideal.
I believe that I read on an official Peoria Rivermen statement that The Blues are, indeed SELLING the franchise. I read all the rumours as well. As far as I know this statement came from the official source that the final decision had been made.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I believe that I read on an official Peoria Rivermen statement that The Blues are, indeed SELLING the franchise. I read all the rumours as well. As far as I know this statement came from the official source that the final decision had been made.
Thanks. More hope that it wasn't going to be the case.

I haven't seen the financials, so I can't be too critical of the decision. From a player development standpoint, selling the franchise hurts.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:41 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

From a player development standpoint, Peoria has been pretty horrible. Way too few bright spots. Hard to imagine how anything could be worse than the status quo. (Though, with this franchise, I'm prepared to imagine such things.)

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:07 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

A little off topic but Danny Flynn was relieved of his duties as Moncton's head coach , he'll remain as director of player operations (GM).

http://moncton-wildcats.com/article/...ncton-wildcats

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Alklha

Yeah, I seen Bob McKenzie retweeting that earlier tonight. I wouldn't have thought it a huge surprise considering their playoff exit.

Old
04-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Fwiw, on the trade rumors board, there is a tweet saying the Blues have signed Jaskin to his ELC(3yrs-711,000 AAV)

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:17 AM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Renaud Lavoie‏@RenLavoieRDS5m
Dmitrij Jaskins (Blues 2nd round pick 2011) signed a 3 year / 711 000 avg (2 way) played for Moncton this season. #transactions2013

LINK

Also put it in the prospect thread.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Wiems35*

Odds he makes the Blues' roster next year?

Wiems35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:35 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiems35 View Post
I think he will definitely be given a chance to make it during training camp, but a lot depends on what our roster looks like at that time. My bet is that he spends next year in the AHL.

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

So does he report to the AHL now then?

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
From a player development standpoint, Peoria has been pretty horrible. Way too few bright spots. Hard to imagine how anything could be worse than the status quo. (Though, with this franchise, I'm prepared to imagine such things.)
I think this is overstated. Who do you feel they failed to develop. A lot of our young top players skipped the ahl and made the jump to the nhl.

Mcrae. And that is a maybe. His jr play was not jaw dropping. Guys like polak and cole have developed fine. Woywitka may have only ever been a journeyman. Zackarov did stick arround and too early for wannastrom and andronov.

I think we can't look at player development until they have uad real players.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
stlweir

Frenzy totally agree. Backes, Stepniak, McClement all played in the minors. Oshie, Berglund, Perron, Pie all went directly to the big club.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:23 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
I think he will definitely be given a chance to make it during training camp, but a lot depends on what our roster looks like at that time. My bet is that he spends next year in the AHL.
This. it's nice to have Jaskin signed, could have dragged on well into the summer.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiems35 View Post
Opening day roster? I would say close to none.

Even if we were to trade Perron, I find it highly unlikely that we are going to go with 3 wingers with less 80 games in the League. If we trade a winger in the summer, then I suspect we'll look for an experienced stop-gap in FA (Bričre?).

Armstrong likes to slow-play trades as well (Bouwmeester & EJ trades were months in the making). Wouldn't surprise me at all if we made another big move in the middle of next season that created space for Jaškin on the roster.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:13 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Based on what we learned on the Schwartz situation, you could potentially call him up to the NHL this year, burn Year 1 of his ELC BUT not lose a year toward seven years til UFA. So he would hit his bridge contract before his production has really elevated him to big $$ status.

In an emergency, just saying.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Based on what we learned on the Schwartz situation, you could potentially call him up to the NHL this year, burn Year 1 of his ELC BUT not lose a year toward seven years til UFA. So he would hit his bridge contract before his production has really elevated him to big $$ status.

In an emergency, just saying.
Slightly different situation here. Since Jaškin wouldn't be eligible for a slide rule contract, we have almost certainly signed him to a pre-dated ELC that won't start until July 1. So even if we get a raft of injuries, no chance of Jaškin getting a call up this season.