HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 5/9) *Part III*

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 02:12 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Minnesota dressed Parenteau as the extra skater. 11 forwards and 7 D. Parenteau can play forward and defense.

https://twitter.com/GopherHockey/sta...163520/photo/1

Minnesota is losing 1-0 early in the 2nd period

Old
03-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

2-0 Yale right now. This is single elimination, correct?

Old
03-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
2-0 Yale right now. This is single elimination, correct?
Correct.

03-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

2-2. Minnesota ain't going down that easily.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:23 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

NCAA Hockey tourney is some of my favorite action of the year.

Although, wish this game wasn't on so early. Thank you Slingbox.

03-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

LOL that was fast.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Joey Bones

Wow sucks to be #10 on Minnesota. Congrats to Yale!!

Old
03-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Joey Bones

Skjei didn't look bad out there. Very unnoticeable, but otherwise solid.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2835
That Minnesota loss screwed up my bracket. I never did one before, but the winner gets $100 on USCHO.com.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:14 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Skjei didn't look bad out there. Very unnoticeable, but otherwise solid.
Didn't see the ice alot. He didn't have to do much, play didn't seem to come to him much, or at all.

I feel bad for Marshall coughing up the puck on wet ice to start the OT. I still think Skjei would not have been any worse than Marshall, a guy I watched all season and didn't like.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Skjei's disappointing season ends with another disappointment. Not writing him off because he's only 19, but the kid better work his butt off this summer and come back in the fall looking like a beast who's ready to kill just to win the game. Without a lot of hard work, I am not excited about his future.

Someone needs to explain to him (and to all the other kids) the difference between riding the bus for $70k a year and retiring around 27 because bus riding is too debilitating only to go looking for a middle class job for $30k a year... and flying on a private airplane while making $4M a year for a dozen years, then spending the rest of his life on a private 90-foot yacht. In scenario A, you retire to become a server/assistant to someone else. In scenario B, you have others serving you for the rest of your life. Now go work your butt off, Brady!

Old
03-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Skjei's disappointing season ends with another disappointment. Not writing him off because he's only 19, but the kid better work his butt off this summer and come back in the fall looking like a beast who's ready to kill just to win the game. Without a lot of hard work, I am not excited about his future.

Someone needs to explain to him (and to all the other kids) the difference between riding the bus for $70k a year and retiring around 27 because bus riding is too debilitating only to go looking for a middle class job for $30k a year... and flying on a private airplane while making $4M a year for a dozen years, then spending the rest of his life on a private 90-foot yacht. In scenario A, you retire to become a server/assistant to someone else. In scenario B, you have others serving you for the rest of your life. Now go work your butt off, Brady!
Damn, where do I sign up? I want that life.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:46 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post

Terrible season for him through and through. Got cut off WJC team that won Gold without him, H-scratched frequently, etc. Gophers fans hate this guy with a passion lol.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Terrible season for him through and through. Got cut off WJC team that won Gold without him, H-scratched frequently, etc. Gophers fans hate this guy with a passion lol.
He wasn't frequently scratched. Are you a RAnger fan? Why would you call our last number one pick "this guy" when you should be rooting for him?

Old
03-29-2013, 09:00 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
He wasn't frequently scratched. Are you a RAnger fan? Why would you call our last number one pick "this guy" when you should be rooting for him?
im also pretty sure gopher fans dont hate him.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
im also pretty sure gopher fans dont hate him.
I don't read Gopher boards so i don't know where that came from. I think he's pretty good; i watched about 8 or 9 games.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:56 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Minnesota was alternating the 2 freshman-Skjei and Reilly with Parenteau. Then in the 3rd,Minnesota cut down to 4 D sitting the 2 freshman. They received the odd shift but it was mostly 4 D. Marshall-Hagelson. Schmidt-Alt. They weren't a great team. Their fans didn't have any patience with the freshman. They wanted to win this season. The Marshall-Hagelson pair coughed up the GWG. Poetic justice.

Old
03-30-2013, 08:07 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Don Lucia is coaching the US WJC team in December. Both Brady Skjei and Boo Nieves should be on that team. Both Ryan McDonagh and Derek Stepan didn't make the WJC team the first year after they were drafted. McD played for the US under 18 team in 07 and then wasn't on the 2008 US WJC team. Same thing with Skjei. Brady went to the US program in Ann Arbor. McD decided to stay in high school than leave for Michigan. Stepan wasn't on the radar for 09 WJC team but was the best player and team leader in 2010. Boo needs to add some weight to his frame.

Old
03-30-2013, 08:20 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I can say with a fairly (extremely) high confidence level that by and large Gopher fans do not hate Skjei. Don Lucia on the other hand...

You look at some of the dmen who were "ranked ahead of him" (what does that even mean really?) and it is a bit of a head scratcher.

I've been against the UofM program for years now though (from an NHL standpoint). See the draft thread. Gophers are the Rangers of the NCAA. All the talent. All the preseason hype. No results in 10 years now. U of Stagnation.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Dorado*

Get him out of there and into JR then AHL .

Old
03-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Kershaw

Lindberg 1g on the PP for Skelleftea today so far. Heading to OT.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Lindberg 1g on the PP for Skelleftea today so far. Heading to OT.
Excited to see this kid play next season.

03-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Get him out of there and into JR then AHL .
This would be best. Skjei will never get playing time, especially since they are getting top state dman Vannelli next yr, who is undoubtedly a more complete player than Skjei.

He could go to Regina next yr (they own his CHL rights). It would've been nice if he went there this season and played a big role with them.

Old
03-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
This would be best. Skjei will never get playing time, especially since they are getting top state dman Vannelli next yr, who is undoubtedly a more complete player than Skjei.

He could go to Regina next yr (they own his CHL rights). It would've been nice if he went there this season and played a big role with them.
Exact same stuff people were saying about Kreider when he wasn't getting the minutes people wanted him to in college.

It's not always up to the organization.

Old
03-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Minnesota was alternating the 2 freshman-Skjei and Reilly with Parenteau. Then in the 3rd,Minnesota cut down to 4 D sitting the 2 freshman. They received the odd shift but it was mostly 4 D. Marshall-Hagelson. Schmidt-Alt. They weren't a great team. Their fans didn't have any patience with the freshman. They wanted to win this season. The Marshall-Hagelson pair coughed up the GWG. Poetic justice.
Marshall and Helgeson EARNED those spots, Skjei did not. Ranger fans complain about his icetime, well, he didn't earn it. I agree that Marshall was only slightly better than Skjei this season, but the spot goes to the player with seniority. Thier fans don't dictate anything.

Quote:

Look what Schmidt said to Skjei, he was playing as a forward his freshman year. Now he's the most sought after Dman coming out of college.

Patience, Skjei was not drafted to make the team in 2013.

Closed Thread