HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A trade within the battle of Alberta

Old
03-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
No worries, when they get 1st overall this year, they'll get another forward and lose Smid to UFA. It's ok though, we'll still hear about they're going to make a big push for the cup next Spring.
I just don't understand Oiler fans. They have a great opportunity to turn this team into a winner but seem to have an aversion to 2-way forwards (The ones they have get abused constantly, see Horcoff and Jones), trading for an actual NHL starter ( Bishop or Bernier) and grabbing a defenseman who can play against top competition. You can't have 7 forwards on your top PP anyways, so what is the point of continuing down that road?

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
You'd have to add at least another 1st or a VERY good prospect to get their top 2 defensemen.
I don't think we'd move Giordano. You still need leaders in a rebuild/retool. JBo might be better on the ice (at least this year), but there is no question that one of Giordano or Glencross is our future captain.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
We'll take Giordano.
This.

Giordano is a better fit in Edmonton.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
This.

Giordano is a better fit in Edmonton.
No he isn't. He's neither soft, nor a one way player...

Old
03-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Fiddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
No he isn't. He's neither soft, nor a one way player...

So knowing your GM we should be able to trade you a 2nd rounder, Joey LaLeggia and Kellen Jones for him.

Just jokes, please don't take offense.

Fiddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:57 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
I just don't understand Oiler fans. They have a great opportunity to turn this team into a winner but seem to have an aversion to 2-way forwards (The ones they have get abused constantly, see Horcoff and Jones), trading for an actual NHL starter ( Bishop or Bernier) and grabbing a defenseman who can play against top competition. You can't have 7 forwards on your top PP anyways, so what is the point of continuing down that road?
Your analysis of Oil fans is insulting, and incorrect. Oiler fans recognize the need for big two way forwards and defensemen. We also recognize that Jay Bouwmeester has never made a lick of difference on his team, and his contract is 3-4 million overpaid. We don't need those kind of contracts. We need to be the type of team that can take a contract or two from a team with cap trouble this summer. That's how we got Pronger. I don't expect another Pronger level player, but I think we can hope for better than Bouwmeester.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:00 PM
sem1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
What would Bouwmeester do for Edmonton? yes, he would be an upgrade on Whitney and N.Schultz but I don't want to overpay for him either.
I hope you aren't saying the he would only be an upgrade on those two.....he would be edmontons best dman.

sem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Your analysis of Oil fans is insulting, and incorrect. Oiler fans recognize the need for big two way forwards and defensemen. We also recognize that Jay Bouwmeester has never made a lick of difference on his team, and his contract is 3-4 million overpaid. We don't need those kind of contracts. We need to be the type of team that can take a contract or two from a team with cap trouble this summer. That's how we got Pronger. I don't expect another Pronger level player, but I think we can hope for better than Bouwmeester.
I think the point is that Oilers fans (and management, it seems) are picky to a fault about when they come out of the tank. It's like a hibernating bear; it's Spring now, but the Oilers don't think it's warm enough for them, so they're going to hibernate until it's the absolute exact right temperature in their opinions. The problem is that it might be Fall before they come out of it. The Oilers might miss their window because they're obsessed with building the team they want and not the team that's available.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:48 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
What battle of Alberta?

The battle of Alberta has been dead for years on the ice.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Jamin

Quote:
With your attitude you would think the flames werent ya know terrible. Currently 29th in goals against average to Edmonton's 17th. Maybe the op has it opposite and Edmonton should be trading some dmen to Calgary

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
With your attitude you would think the flames werent ya know terrible. Currently 29th in goals against average to Edmonton's 17th. Maybe the op has it opposite and Edmonton should be trading some dmen to Calgary
At the same time Calgary sits 14th in SA/G (Shots against per game) with 28.4 compared to Edmonton's 30th 33.3. Tie in the fact that Edmonton is also 27th in the league with a 34.8% in winning when outshot. So it looks like Calgary D is stopping a hell of a lot more chances than Edmonton.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Kipper playing like an average junior B goaltender is hurting our defense quite a bit. If you're 6 years into a rebuild and Calgary is the benchmark, you need a new measuring stick. I get that we suck and probably will for a few years. But we finally acknowledged our organizational short-comings (at least two years later than we should have), when will you?

Old
03-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Crabapple

vCash: 898
Hasn't J-Bo said he doesn't want to play for Edmonton?

Crabapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:48 PM
haterbehatin

Quote:
Kipper playing like an average junior B goaltender is hurting our defense quite a bit. If you're 6 years into a rebuild and Calgary is the benchmark, you need a new measuring stick. I get that we suck and probably will for a few years. But we finally acknowledged our organizational short-comings (at least two years later than we should have), when will you?
You know your criticisms would be much more well received with brutal analyses and thinly veiled troll attempts. Yes you think Edmonton sucks and they are terrible and the roster is awful, then why would they make a short term overpay to get JayBo when the team is completely awful anyways?

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Paarjavi and your 1st round pick would be pretty dam tempting for me.
Keep dreaming.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
Hasn't J-Bo said he doesn't want to play for Edmonton?
Not sure if he actually said that, but we did try to get him when he was a free agent and he opted for Calgary. Stop trying to send him to us, St. Louis and Detroit are looking for d-men, send him there.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:30 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
We already have smart guy. Jay Bouwmeester doesn't fix any problems in our organization.