HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan DeKeyser Signs with Detroit 2 years 1.35m cap hit

Old
03-30-2013, 12:05 PM
WesNichols14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtones520 View Post
I'll give you Z and Drew Miller, so find 7 more.
Franzen every 10-12th game..... how does this team hold any games under 8 goals against, if you go player by player our defense is horrible

WesNichols14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:09 PM
dtones520

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
Franzen every 10-12th game..... how does this team hold any games under 8 goals against, if you go player by player our defense is horrible
Imo, coaching and players buying into the coaches system.

Angry Babcock posts in 3, 2, 1....

dtones520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:12 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 1 min
Lidstrom helped lure DeKeyser to Detroit with a phone call.
Re-tweeted by Malik.

Never heard of this guys so don't know reliability.

edit.

Quote:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 49 s
DeKeyser said his idol, Nicklas Lidstrom, called him couple days ago to talk about playing for organization.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Spitfire11

Lidstrom for coach/GM !!!

Spitfire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:18 PM
SoupGuru

Welcome to the HF Wings board where every prospect is better than the starting lineup. Just bring Tatar in and put him on the top line - instant 50 goal scorer. Nyquist, the next Crosby. DeKeyser straight from the CCHA to Norris.

I mean, I know your thought process - can we really make things worse by playing some young talent and getting them experience?

Yes. Yes, we can make things worse. This team has its struggles but it is performing as well as can be expected, if not better.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:23 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
http://instagram.com/p/XfH5W_x4y9/

Dekeyser on his first practice.
As expected he does look kind of thin, hopefully he bulks up a bit now in the pro's.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:00 PM
icKx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Welcome to the HF Wings board where every prospect is better than the starting lineup. Just bring Tatar in and put him on the top line - instant 50 goal scorer. Nyquist, the next Crosby. DeKeyser straight from the CCHA to Norris.

I mean, I know your thought process - can we really make things worse by playing some young talent and getting them experience?

Yes. Yes, we can make things worse. This team has its struggles but it is performing as well as can be expected, if not better.
Actually, all anyone ever suggested is that Tatar and Nyquist might be better than turds like Abby and Cleary.

But hey we finally strung together a couple of wins, so no sense in rocking the boat by replacing a stud like Brian Lashoff, right?

icKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:08 PM
joe89

If DeKeyser is what he's made out to be, and can make the jump right away he should just take Lashoff's spot. Let Lashoff go back with the Griffins and play the AHL playoffs, we have Cola to sit in the press box.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:14 PM
14ari13

Quote:

+1
I think prospects are overrated on this board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
If DeKeyser is what he's made out to be, and can make the jump right away he should just take Lashoff's spot. Let Lashoff go back with the Griffins and play the AHL playoffs, we have Cola to sit in the press box.
I can sit in the press box for 2,5M. If he can't beat anyone for a spot in the lineup, then it is a terrible signing by Holland.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:20 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
I can sit in the press box for 2,5M. If he can't beat anyone for a spot in the lineup, then it is a terrible signing by Holland.
Well Cola is only the 5th best paid defenseman on the team, we can agree Kindl and Smith stay in, and now we have DeKeyser. That very easily makes him the odd man out.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:27 PM
wingfan

Quote:

Nobody said anythig like that. Tatar put up 4 goals/7 points in 18 games averaging around 10 minutes a game. The kid can play. Do you really believe that Detroit is a better team with a 3rd line of Cleary/Andersson/Brunner than it is Tatar/Andersson/Brunner?

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Syckle78

Quote:

Wow, talk about load of ********. Because we want young players injected into to the lineup we think they are all super stars? Awesome story, broham!

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:32 PM
sepster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
Kronwall - Ericsson
Lashoff - Smith
Kindl - White

Huskins, CC, Dekeyser, Quincey

Quincey is injured, CC is in Grand-Rapids until Sunday, but won't play until Monday at the earliest and Huskins is our 7th defensemen. So my guess is Dekeyser watches a couple of games, subs in for Lashoff for a couple of games and when/if White or Filppula gets traded, he fills in.
Huskins just got moved to Philly for a 7th and I'm betting Colaiacovo will get himself injured either down in GR or within 2 games of making it back into the Wings lineup, and they can send Lashoff back to GR to for a week or so until the roster limits open up. That's 3 spots opened, rotate Quincey and DeKeyzer as the 6/7th Dman and they're all set.

sepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Just trade CC for a 4th round pick.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:10 PM
sepster

I would be thrilled by that, for sure.

Between CC, Sammuelsson and Bertuzzi, those 3 will never significantly contribute to the Wings success again and they account for $7.6 mil in cap space sitting on the sidelines. I understand Bertuzzi, he is at the end of a contract and there is always a possibility of injury but CC and Sammy should never have been signed, let alone, signed for 2 seasons. Absolute waste.

sepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Detroit Sports
NMC aka LOL -Jimmy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepster View Post
i would be thrilled by that, for sure.

Between cc, sammuelsson and bertuzzi, those 3 will never significantly contribute to the wings success again and they account for $7.6 mil in cap space sitting on the sidelines. I understand bertuzzi, he is at the end of a contract and there is always a possibility of injury but cc and sammy should never have been signed, let alone, signed for 2 seasons. Absolute waste.
qft.

Detroit Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Detroit Sports
NMC aka LOL -Jimmy H

https://twitter.com/Bill_Roose/statu...314048/photo/1

''i should be playing instead of lashoff...''

Detroit Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:45 PM
WesNichols14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Sports View Post

source? of him saying that

WesNichols14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Sports View Post

I think the purpose of DD practicing his way onto the team is essentially so Lashoff doesn't get mad when he loses his spot later this season. It would rightfully have been BS to have plugged DD in immediately at Lashoff's expense, but I think ultimately that'll be the consequence of DD being on the roster. This way, the Wings can say the two guys competed for the job and DD won.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:35 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
source? of him saying that
I think the poster is making a joke.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:02 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
Woah, I guess he won't rot in the AHL
That's probably what took so long to sign him. Kenny was probably like "You know Danny, Grand Rapids is lovely this time of year. And the Griffins are poised to have a deep run in the playoffs. What's not to like?"

DeKeyser and his agent were like "well we have 12 offers that guarantee I'll be on the NHL club's roster. So we're not signing any contract that doesn't guarantee a spot in the NHL."

So they ended up guaranteeing DeKeyser a roster spot in Detroit but could not guarantee ice time. Worked out just fine, Babcock will play him if he's good enough, we know that based on the ice time Lashoff has gotten this season. Smith has also always been in the lineup when healthy. Oh and Big E had developed into our #1 d-man with Babcock as coach.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
That's probably what took so long to sign him. Kenny was probably like "You know Danny, Grand Rapids is lovely this time of year. And the Griffins are poised to have a deep run in the playoffs. What's not to like?"

DeKeyser and his agent were like "well we have 12 offers that guarantee I'll be on the NHL club's roster. So we're not signing any contract that doesn't guarantee a spot in the NHL."

So they ended up guaranteeing DeKeyser a roster spot in Detroit but could not guarantee ice time. Worked out just fine, Babcock will play him if he's good enough, we know that based on the ice time Lashoff has gotten this season. Smith has also always been in the lineup when healthy. Oh and Big E had developed into our #1 d-man with Babcock as coach.
Nope. DeKeyser decided earlier but he wanted time to personally call all of the other teams who he wasn't going to.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Nope. DeKeyser decided earlier but he wanted time to personally call all of the other teams who he wasn't going to.
Good move on his part.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:17 PM
chances14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Good move on his part.
yup. no need to burn bridges with other teams before you have even played a single nhl game

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:23 PM
19Yzerman19

vCash: 692

1st post practice interview

19Yzerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote