HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino Niederreiter to Calgary

Old
03-30-2013, 03:13 AM
Isles_Guy*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
I just don't see these two teams as good trade partners. I'd do Nino and Kitchton or Pedan for your 1st but that doesn't make much sense other than value wise.
id do that just for the chance at Seth Jones

but Calgary wouldnt nor should they

imagine a defense with Jones, Hamonic, Reinhart, Mayfield, Pedan, and Pelech? they'd call Hamonic ..........Shorty haha

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:29 AM
mitchy22

AMac, Nino and Reasoner for Gio and Glencross. ;-)

By the way, is there even any chance these guys are listing the Islanders? I also know that Glencross will most likely be remaining. Reasoner is a warm body and a contract off us. I figure AMac will probably be cost-controlled, but it's hard to value for me so I figured I'd toss it out there. Helps the Islanders mix at forward and defense, but there's no reason to force the trade right now (even as I realize it's unlikely anyways.)

As far as Mad Mike is concerned, we're talking about one prospect here, not resetting the whole rebuild. I also favor Nino less than Nelson or Strome, so I'll show my cards on that one.

I may as well add that I'm perfectly fine standing pat or adding depth, but I'd rather hit the ground running into 2015 and it'll be easier on the kids that get here before then if we upgrade the current roster. Having said that, if Strome is about to land in Bridgeport, I don't need to rush a trade like this. The Islanders may be better served considering this season as gravy even if their "built more like a .500 hockey club" might sneak into the playoffs. No reason why they won't look to free agency and trades once the purse opens up. There's also little reason for them to rush Nino out the door without a 1A goalscoring center or top line RW coming back. I do think the Isles should get closer to next year's floor before free agency hits. It wouldn't be good for us to look desperate to add salary at that time.

Edit - I'd see us more likely to add salary at the draft. I also think it'll be more like the Visnovsky deal unless the perfect piece is coming our way.

Mitch

Last edited by mitchy22: 03-30-2013 at 03:35 AM.
mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Stryker Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaveras4pres View Post
Nino 26G/19A AHL All-star at 22

Mark Giordano 3G/5A -4 30 yrs old
Nino had 36 points (19g, 17a) in his first 39 games, hence the all-star nod.

He then requested a trade from the Isles.

Since that point, he's got 9 points (7g, 2a) in 24 games.

Just something to keep in mind.

Giordano and 2013 1st round pick (from PIT) for Neiderreiter would be as much as I'd be willing to give up.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:06 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post

Giordano and 2013 1st round pick (from PIT) for Neiderreiter would be as much as I'd be willing to give up.

And yet Snow and Nino's rep still say Nino won't be dealt. Snow has been in attendance for Nino's games, all post trade demand games and Nino's played very well in all three, auditioning for Snow.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 50
Quote:

Hello no. Let the Islanders keep El-nino. We can get good value on the trade market for Gio...

Easily a 1st + Decent prospect. I would never give up Gio + late 1st in a deep draft for Nino.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Riddick

i'd do gio+ for nino, not straight up tho. Not even going to ask for the usual 2nd(tho it would be apprpriate), a 3rd maybe. I like giordano a lot.

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:43 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Nino has looked average at best in the AHL this year. Easy pass for me.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:58 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Nino has looked average at best in the AHL this year. Easy pass for me.
Considering his 45 pts would lead on your team's AHL affiliate, that's pretty telling

Old
03-30-2013, 04:00 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Considering his 45 pts would lead on your team's AHL affiliate, that's pretty telling
I strongly disagree with him and have wanted Nino for a long time but Tory Ward could make a prime Gretzky below a ppg he is terrible.

I think Gio for Nino is fair and fits both teams needs.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I strongly disagree with him and have wanted Nino for a long time but Tory Ward could make a prime Gretzky below a ppg he is terrible.

Agreed.

Hell, Leopold just landed a 2nd + 5th. Giordano, signed to a good contract will easily land a 1st +.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:14 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post

Snow's got some solid, 2nd tier prospects like Ullstrom and Sundstrom I'd rather see him move if he's looking to add a blueline vet.
Moulson is a ufa in 2014 and the isles are trying to find a homegrown answer, at 1st line rw. Not interested in moving any of the top young forwards until seeing Strome/Nino/Nelson competing for those spots.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Quote:
Gio is a good player but not worth a top 5 pick like Nino

most id give for him is a 2nd

Why do some Isles fans have no patience?

We're moving in the right direction

either you believe in Nino, Strome, Nelson and Reinhart etal or you dont but at least be patient enough to see what they can be first

youd think Chara, Bertuzzi, Spezza, Luongo, McCabe, and the like would have taught us something.....

our fans must be the dumbest in the NHL if it hasnt
Douglas Murray got 2.

2 2nd round picks.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:20 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Snow's got some solid, 2nd tier prospects like Ullstrom and Sundstrom I'd rather see him move if he's looking to add a blueline vet.
Moulson is a ufa in 2014 and the isles are trying to find a homegrown answer, at 1st line rw. Not interested in moving any of the top young forwards until seeing Strome/Nino/Nelson competing for those spots.
Again I understand it seems like alot for Gio but for most Flame fans feel Gio is alot for Nino.

Gio is a #2 physical defenseman signed to a great contract it is very fair value you won't be getting a better defenseman on a better contract than Gio for 2nd tier prospects.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:24 PM
ichabod13

Quote:
id do that pretty quickly.
i dont care if nino is setting the AHL on fire or not, id do it.
mitch lamoureax used to tear up the AHL too.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Good god... why.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Stryker Island

Not saying that's the deal I would try to run with, I think it's fair value to move the two players straight across. Just saying that if Snow insisted on a top prospect, I'd offer Pitt's first rather than include Baertschi or Gaudreau.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Not saying that's the deal I would try to run with, I think it's fair value to move the two players straight across. Just saying that if Snow insisted on a top prospect, I'd offer Pitt's first rather than include Baertschi or Gaudreau.
???????

If he insisted on either of those two we laugh, and hang up.

Adding a 1st to an established #3 D at a good contract/age is not worth it!

Old
03-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Kershaw

Absolutely laughable that a 1st rounder is needing to be added to a top pair defender for a prospect who's struggled since turning pro. The funniest thing I've read on here.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:58 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post
AMac, Nino and Reasoner for Gio and Glencross. ;-)

By the way, is there even any chance these guys are listing the Islanders? I also know that Glencross will most likely be remaining. Reasoner is a warm body and a contract off us. I figure AMac will probably be cost-controlled, but it's hard to value for me so I figured I'd toss it out there. Helps the Islanders mix at forward and defense, but there's no reason to force the trade right now (even as I realize it's unlikely anyways.)

As far as Mad Mike is concerned, we're talking about one prospect here, not resetting the whole rebuild. I also favor Nino less than Nelson or Strome, so I'll show my cards on that one.

I may as well add that I'm perfectly fine standing pat or adding depth, but I'd rather hit the ground running into 2015 and it'll be easier on the kids that get here before then if we upgrade the current roster. Having said that, if Strome is about to land in Bridgeport, I don't need to rush a trade like this. The Islanders may be better served considering this season as gravy even if their "built more like a .500 hockey club" might sneak into the playoffs. No reason why they won't look to free agency and trades once the purse opens up. There's also little reason for them to rush Nino out the door without a 1A goalscoring center or top line RW coming back. I do think the Isles should get closer to next year's floor before free agency hits. It wouldn't be good for us to look desperate to add salary at that time.

Edit - I'd see us more likely to add salary at the draft. I also think it'll be more like the Visnovsky deal unless the perfect piece is coming our way.

Mitch
If we were trading Glencross alone and he agreed to waive his nt to go to the Islanders he would bring back Nino and a draft pick. The price in him is that high.

A package of Gio and Glencross would bring back a 1st and a high prospect from any team. There is a overwhelming over pricing on Nino.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
id do that pretty quickly.
i dont care if nino is setting the AHL on fire or not, id do it.
mitch lamoureax used to tear up the AHL too.
so did oleg Kvasha and mark Parrish, which cost us Luongo and Jokinen and Gaborik, how many times must we learn the same lesson over and over?

Thats the point he's 20, he was a top 5 selection and he's developing nicely. We either believe in who we draft or we dont. getting rid of them willy nilly before we even know what we have, for the flavor of the month, is idiotic

I swear its like our fans base everything on doing better than the Rangers because it gives them relief from teasing or something

this is why I think Garth Snow has been a very good GM. he doesnt fall prey to the whim of the moment, id venture to say if our fans had any say John Tavares would have been traded 2 weeks after we drafted him

Old
03-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Absolutely laughable that a 1st rounder is needing to be added to a top pair defender for a prospect who's struggled since turning pro. The funniest thing I've read on here.
so did rick middleton, and how did that turn out for you?

Old
03-30-2013, 05:51 PM
ichabod13

Quote:
Thats the point he's 20, he was a top 5 selection and he's developing nicely. We either believe in who we draft or we dont. getting rid of them willy nilly before we even know what we have, for the flavor of the month, is idiotic
mark giordano is "the flavor of the month"?
you wouldnt take a 29 years old defensive defensman, with 6 years NHL experience AND a late first round pick for a 20 years old kid that had 1 horrible NHL season, but is an AHL allstar?

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:10 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:

No chance in hell that Nino is worth that much.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:34 PM
RA9

vCash: 883
Why not Jaybo? If the Islanders are looking to increase their payroll he would be perfect. A solid, puck moving defenseman, he can eat up to 26 mins a night, and can also add in quite a bit of scoring.

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:39 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA9 View Post
Why not Jaybo? If the Islanders are looking to increase their payroll he would be perfect. A solid, puck moving defenseman, he can eat up to 26 mins a night, and can also add in quite a bit of scoring.
Because Jbo > Gio. If we are only willing to move Gio straight up then NYI have to add for Jbo.