HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#34 - 03/30/2013 | New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL-NET

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
At least the fights would be entertaining. This team is so boring
agree and at least they would show some character and heart. what the heck has it been. Richards reminds me of Chris Drury day by day i wonder if this will ruin his easter sunday

Old
03-30-2013, 02:12 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I would, but it wouldn't make me feel even a little bit better about the state of the team.

We would good last year because our top players were playing like top players, Hank had the best season of his career and a lot of things went our way in terms of luck.
You don't remember much about last year apparently. Please if you will try really hard to remember the fights, the hrd hits, the actual winning battles and oh of course most of all Gabs and rich actually showing up. Lol last year was becauseof Hank and luck. Wish I could have at least had a good laugh out of that

Old
03-30-2013, 02:16 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Should definitely be in over Pyatt. Sigh.
If Asham were in over Pyatt, Gaborik would have to play LW.

03-30-2013, 02:16 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
agree and at least they would show some character and heart. what the heck has it been. Richards reminds me of Chris Drury day by day i wonder if this will ruin his easter sunday
Drury didnothing to show he cared even on the ice and never produced after his first year and a half

Old
03-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Lundsanity30

Lol at a guy with over 100 goals the last 3 years playing 4th line.. you can't make this stuff up

Old
03-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Wolfy

Well Zucc can't help much when it comes to fighting, I'm happy as long as he avoids getting tripped by his own jersey.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:19 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
Yeah you're right best way to treat your 3rd leading scorer on a team that can't score is to put him on the 4th line.
Right 1 game will destroy him for the rest of the season and make him continue not producing. Let's ignore that lines change at a rapid rate around here and that he SHOULD be demoted for a time. Richards was flat out benched once this season, Boyle has been scratched yet Gabs should be immune for some reason. Makes no sense. Not to mention someone will get more ice time and hopefully they will be motivated to perform with it so it may get someone else going for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Lol at a guy with over 100 goals the last 3 years playing 4th line.. you can't make this stuff up
Are you people not watching this season? Ah y'know what who cares if half a stupid message board has noidea what the hell it's talking about go on with the pointless criticisms.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
You don't remember much about last year apparently. Please if you will try really hard to remember the fights, the hrd hits, the actual winning battles and oh of course most of all Gabs and rich actually showing up. Lol last year was becauseof Hank and luck. Wish I could have at least had a good laugh out of that
The fights mean nothing. I agree about the hitting and the puck battles. Its amazing how often we lose battles along the boards this year especially on the PP..

But if Richards and Gaborik were performing, we'd be in the top 4 right now.

Everyone bashes the depth of this roster but if you really look at it, is it that much worse than last year, is it REALLY? not at all. All would look greener if Richards and Gabork were to show up.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Riverdale

Relying on 2 players that much is a disaster waiting to happen. They need to step up, for sure. But having some good depth (which we didn't have last year either when you think about it) is also key.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Zamboner
Your move, creep.

Lines are ass, as usual. RW heavy team, so Torts takes his newest piece, who can play on the left side, and puts him on...the right side. Moron. Boyle still playing on the 3rd line. The joke of Gabby on the 4th (at least he's on the right side!). Not only has Powe badly outplayed Pyatt lately, but you'd think, going to Montreal, where you know for a fact, you're going to have to kill some penalties, you'd take the very good PKer. That'd be a nice tie breaker, you know if Powe and Pyatt were playing equally. We'll forget for a second that Powe has been better, anyway. But even still, it's Pyatt out there. Asham, the only guy in the bottom six that's scored lately -- Scratched. Tortorella is clueless.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Dorado*

Drinking game for those trying to stay sober : take drink everytime Rangers make a tape to tape pass . Or everytime MDZ hits the net

Old
03-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Right 1 game will destroy him for the rest of the season and make him continue not producing. Let's ignore that lines change at a rapid rate around here and that he SHOULD be demoted for a time. Richards was flat out benched once this season, Boyle has been scratched yet Gabs should be immune for some reason. Makes no sense. Not to mention someone will get more ice time and hopefully they will be motivated to perform with it so it may get someone else going for us.

Are you people not watching this season? Ah y'know what who cares if half a stupid message board has noidea what the hell it's talking about go on with the pointless criticisms.
I've watched him play a position he's clearly not confortable at. Play w no talent pos like boyle and miller be thrown around lines yup great way to trear him

Old
03-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:
Its not like were going to win the Stanley Cup because Im coming back. Im not Gretzky, Zuccarello said. But I can try and do my job and maybe create a spark.
At least Zucc realizes it.

Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner View Post
Lines are ass, as usual. RW heavy team, so Torts takes his newest piece, who can play on the left side, and puts him on...the right side. Moron. Boyle still playing on the 3rd line. The joke of Gabby on the 4th (at least he's on the right side!). Not only has Powe badly outplayed Pyatt lately, but you'd think, going to Montreal, where you know for a fact, you're going to have to kill some penalties, you'd take the very good PKer. That'd be a nice tie breaker, you know if Powe and Pyatt were playing equally. We'll forget for a second that Powe has been better, anyway. But even still, it's Pyatt out there. Tortorella is clueless.
Common sense, isn't it?

Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

We're going to win! Let's go..oh, who the **** are we kidding?! I'll be sleeping by the time the game starts.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Drinking game for those trying to stay sober : take drink everytime Rangers make a tape to tape pass . Or everytime MDZ hits the net
or drink for every time they shoot the puck on net on the powerplay

Old
03-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Riverdale

I'm actually pretty anxious for this one. It will either be an incredibly satisfying victory, killing the demons in MTL. Or it will be a terrible loss, and MAYBE get something going. Firing Torts? probably not. Maybe a trade

Old
03-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
Incoming Halpern goal.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:35 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Playaff poosh

Quote:
“It’s not like we’re going to win the Stanley Cup because I’m coming back. I’m not Gretzky,” Zuccarello said. “But I can try and do my job and maybe create a spark.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
At least Zucc realizes it.
I think even the biggest "Zuccers" (as people who know nothing about the NHL or the Rangers and are just Zuccarello fans are called by some in Norway) out there know that he's not likely to be the difference maker.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Incoming Halpern goal.
and Prust hat trick if he plays tonight and first NHL goal for Nathan Beaulieu on his first shift on his first shot on net.. Rangers lose 5-4 regulation

goals by Miller Hagelin (2) Stepan

Old
03-30-2013, 02:38 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Drury didnothing to show he cared even on the ice and never produced after his first year and a half
At least he made it a year and a half. Richards only did it for a year on a longer contract. Thank god for the new cba and amnesty clause.

Can't believe Asham, who actually shows offense is benched in favor of Pyatt, Boyle and Miller. Absolutely brutal coaching.

Gaborik will be traded imo. Torts clearly doesn't give a ****.

I know he hasn't played well this year, but this teams offense is so bad and he puts him out there to rot with our worst offensive guys.

Hope Gaborik gets traded. He's been good for us and doesn't deserve this. Torts has officially lost it. I've been an advocate for him forever, but this is my breaking point. Can't wait to see him gone. His act has worn thin. Just hope he takes Pyatt and Boyle with him wherever he goes

Old
03-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
But... What if I'm thirsty?

Old
03-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
and Prust hat trick if he plays tonight and first NHL goal for Nathan Beaulieu on his first shift on his first shot on net.. Rangers lose 5-4 regulation

goals by Miller Hagelin (2) Stepan
I'm kind of excited to watch Beaulieu in action to be honest. I mean, not at the expense of him scoring on us but just to watch him play in general.

I just think that if we don't come out flying the habs are going to stick it to us good. This will be a good test to see if we can mentally turn ourselves around and win a big game.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
At least he made it a year and a half. Richards only did it for a year on a longer contract. Thank god for the new cba and amnesty clause.

Can't believe Asham, who actually shows offense is benched in favor of Pyatt, Boyle and Miller. Absolutely brutal coaching.

Gaborik will be traded imo. Torts clearly doesn't give a ****.

I know he hasn't played well this year, but this teams offense is so bad and he puts him out there to rot with our worst offensive guys.

Hope Gaborik gets traded. He's been good for us and doesn't deserve this. Torts has officially lost it. I've been an advocate for him forever, but this is my breaking point. Can't wait to see him gone. His act has worn thin. Just hope he takes Pyatt and Boyle with him wherever he goes
it must be to showcase Boyle and Pyatt. otherwise this makes no sense at all

Old
03-30-2013, 02:44 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Incoming Halpern goal.
15-1 odds.

Closed Thread