HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Isles for #15

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 02:45 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

vCash: 50
Link to confirm that today was the last day that we'll wear those navy blue spawns of Satan???

Old
03-30-2013, 02:46 PM
madinsomniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNick View Post
++ That i am fairly certain this referee group lost a lot of money in Atlantic City today.

++Vokoun.
Yes some ref is getting his legs broken tonight, lol

Old
chethejet

Big plus was the Pens physical play. That is huge. Finally had enough of the Iles with Martin and Cartner. This is the missing dimension from the 2009 team. This will serve them well for a cup run.

Old
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by shureshot66 View Post
Granted, actually. This was their last time ever wearing them.
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Old
Candyman

After today, Vokoun is 8th in save percentage among goalies playing more than 10 games.

Fleury is 12th.

Love it!

Old
03-30-2013, 02:47 PM
SidTheKid8787

Such an up and down day but the Pens just keep on rollin'.

I so wish that pass to Iginla wasn't picked off and he scored an EN'er.
That little smirk as Iginla went off the ice to end the game. Welcome aboard Sir.

Now i wait to see the verdict on Sid...

Old
vodeni

++Voukun. I usually hate games in which our best player is our goalie, bit this was a different kind of game, so more credit to him. When the team was shellshocked by Sid's injury he picked them up and just carry them all day long. amazing.
good overall effort, I will just mention Morrow, I watched him closely, I am so happy now with his pick up, he is just so solid, he must play with Neal and Geno, move Dupper to the third, and Iggy to the first.
Nisky had two bad plays, but he had solid game
DB please don't ever ever again keep Iggy off the first PP unit, proved nothing

Old

Not sure if you guys caught the Islanders feed but they really stuck it to the Pens and their fans. Talking about diving, calls going their way and the fans booing to much for Kunitz getting tossed.

I know it must be hard to stay sober when they have to cover a team that only sells Tavares and a bunch of half naked teenage girls every night but try to be a pro.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:48 PM
billybudd

+Cooke

+Vokoun

+team D

-Orpik. Don't shoot slapshots in the air in lanes your guys are in. He should know better by now.

Old
JimsDoors

Quote:
Minus

Nothing. I think the team effort was tremendous. Let's hope Sid is okay.
QFT....

Old
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

+ Cooke. What a game. Unbelievable two-way play today, especially on the Penalty Kill. He was finishing checks, blocking shots, shutting down lanes, and taking away time and space. Unbelievable game, the goal doesn't hurt either!

+ Shero's acquisitions. First off, Eaton has been a stud ever since he signed. The guy is not getting enough credit for his play over this span of games. I thought Eaton was superb today, as he has been all year for us. All of Murray, Morrow, and Iginla were winning one-on-one battles all over the ice. Just love that Murray is clearing out space in front, and winning battles in the defensive zone and turning that into transition offense. Morrow continues to win battles one on one and creating space for his teammates. What a pick-up he has been. Not to mention Iginla played pretty well today, doing more of the same.

+ Vokoun. The guy is playing stellar hockey, and keeping the Penguins in games where they have no business in doing so. He has been by far a top-3 pick-up over the summer in the NHL. Another underrated move by Shero. The guy's been lights out lately, and today was just an exclamation on that point.

+ Neal. Sure, scoring the goal and getting rid of that snake-bite was good to see, but the way he did about it was fantastic. He was getting physical and engaging. We need to see more of the same.

+ Team's overall mindset. The team is thinking defense first, and it's showing up on the scoreboard. This team has no quit, even when the top-2 leading scorers in the league are out of the game. Unbelievable effort. That's what winning in the playoffs is all about. With the trades over the last week, we are now one tough team to play against in any aspect of the game.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:49 PM
bathroomSTAAL
Tylenol and beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Not sure if you guys caught the Islanders feed but they really stuck it to the Pens and their fans. Talking about diving, calls going their way and the fans booing to much for Kunitz getting tossed.

I know it must be hard to stay sober when they have to cover a team that only sells Tavares and a bunch of half naked teenage girls every night but try to be a pro.
Wait what? Suddenly the Isles don;t sound so bad

Old
SidTheKid8787

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodeni View Post
++Voukun. I usually hate games in which our best player is our goalie, bit this was a different kind of game, so more credit to him. When the team was shellshocked by Sid's injury he picked them up and just carry them all day long. amazing.
good overall effort, I will just mention Morrow, I watched him closely, I am so happy now with his pick up, he is just so solid, he must play with Neal and Geno, move Dupper to the third, and Iggy to the first.
Nisky had two bad plays, but he had solid game
DB please don't ever ever again keep Iggy off the first PP unit, proved nothing
Iginla will be on it once he gets some practice in. I have no doubt. Wait...this is DB...so yea i guess theres doubt.

Old
gopens66
#pintailonwinger

Everyone sees Murray's big hits, but what I'm noticing is that when the puck comes within his range, he gets it, he wins it, or he takes it after creaming somebody. He seems to always get a play on the puck, and not once have I noticed a "weak" play with the puck. I haven't noticed him turn it over. He may have, but if he did I didn't notice it.

Old
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

This team is suddenly a very physical, nasty group to play against. I'm liking it.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Earl Mann

He did One From the Heart
it was a march of the penguins joke

Old
03-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Defender1970

+ Another shut-out from Voukun! WTG man!!

Old
03-30-2013, 02:51 PM
SundanceKid

+Cooke
+Voukun
+Malkin line (break that neal curse)
+Coaching for working with the lines during multiple injuries
+15 wins in a row

-orpik quit giving up 5 on 3s. That's two nights in a row he takes a penalty during a PK.
- 15 naps in a row for my gf.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:51 PM
sf expat71

I wonder if this is what shero meant when he said he wants us to be a tough team to play against...
+ we were seriously some tough sum-o-*****es to play against today, all the way from cooke to geno!
+ despres looks like he is already a top 4 d-man

Old
03-30-2013, 02:52 PM
catdaddy
Maatasaurus Rex

Man, I loved everything about this game except Sid's injury and the misconduct call on Kunitz. Vokoun and Cooke were just amazing!!!

Now, can we please donate those 3rd unis to the North Korean army hockey team?

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chraa View Post
+ Vokoun, Cooke - awesome
+ Physical play
+ Perfect month of Mars
Oh God yes, especially after killing off the major. That's really a relatively unheralded part of the three pickups. You're now going to FEEL a 7 games series against the Pens like you haven't since 2009 (maybe even 2008).

Old
bingobangobongo

+ The Penguins once they started playing and stopped feeling sorry for themselves because of what happened to Crosby.

- Josh Bailey. I hope you are OK but you did a bad job there. You can't force the other 9 skaters on the ice to stop playing because you decide to take it easy. Soft meet hard. You got rolled. Players who are ready to get hit rarely get injured.

Old
billybudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Ok.

Listening on the radio and the Tribs ad said 'when you read the Trib you read things that the Pens have not told anyone else.'

I know that they realize that Rossi makes everything up. But they seem to be proud about it.
There's another blurb like that where Rossi's bragging about how edgy he is and how much digging he does. Yohe comes on sounding all tired and he's like "uh, well when people see my name I'd rather they think I'm reporting the truth." Haha

Old
03-30-2013, 02:53 PM
bathroomSTAAL
Tylenol and beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf expat71 View Post
I wonder if this is what shero meant when he said he wants us to be a tough team top party against...
+ we were seriously some tough sum-o-*****es to play against today, all the way from cooke to geno!
+ despres looks like he is already a top 4 d-man
Yeah I'm sure when Geno and Neal see the new guys Murray and Morrow killing guys out there they're inspired to step it up themselves. Shades of '09 there.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Fire Shero

Nothing to complain about except Tanner Glass will never be scratched. I had to listen to some of the game on the radio, I forgot how terrible mike Lange is.

Hopefully Crosby is okay

Closed Thread