Lucic to Ducks for Bobby Ryan, Horton to Calgary for Iggy

BIG BAD BRUINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:15 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
Lucic has only 17 shots in the last 11 games. For the year Seidenberg and Boychuk both have more then him. He's dead last among the b's top 6 forwards in sog. Peverley has taken more then him. It's kind of weak that your highest paid forward has only 4 goals for the year and habit of making extremely bad plays.
Agree. If he's not shooting, he's only hitting. And really we don't need him hitting for 6M.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:36 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Agree. If he's not shooting, he's only hitting. And really we don't need him hitting for 6M.
Maybe this is what you're trying to say, but he needs to do both, and he needs to do them effectively and productively.

If he's only doing one or the other, and neither very well, then some reevaluation of what he is bringing to the table -- as opposed to what he's taking away ($6M) -- needs to be done.

ReggieMoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
One of those goals last night (the Grabovski one) was on Lucic as far as I am concerned. All he had to do was take Grab's body along the boards and he separates him from the puck; scoring chance eliminated. Instead he just gives him a nudge as Grab's goes by and the rest is in the scorebooks.

I really don't care what Lucic's hit stat is. My eyes tell me he is an ineffective power forward who is not hitting hard enough. He has a problem!
Lucic got caught covering the point against a fast player. Never going to be his forte.

Two other players were in position to stop him. Krejci flailed at him like a helpless mite for 5 minutes and permitted Grabovski to stand stationary and pick the corner b/c he wasn't strong enough, or didn't have the wherewithal to simply lift his stick. He wasn't up against Eric Lindros there.

How a/b when Lucic barrels down the wing on a dead play, picks off Franson's clearing attempt, banks it to Krejci coming over the line, takes a smoking from Franson that would have put Krejci in the hospital. So permitting Krejci to sets up a wide open Horton who....takes....theeeeee.....longeeeeest.....wind. ...up.....since 1988, and drills a slapper into Riemer's crest.

That happened twice actually. Horton got set up from behind the net by Lucic who beat 2 defenders, Reimer even went down and Horton.....couldn't....oh wait.....wait...almost.....get.....a.....shot off.

Lucic has had no shortage of help in regard to that line being completely ineffective. This is not the first time we've seen this from this line, either.

Quote:
BIG BAD BRUINS Lucic to Ducks for Bobby Ryan, Horton to Calgary for Iggy
Trade Lucic? I hope they do. It will be ****ing hysterical. Especially if he ended up w/ a big dominant center, like Getzlaf, and didn't spend all his time chasing the puck. He'd probably pot 35 while we sit around and wonder why Bobby Ryan is always on the perimeter absorbing hits.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Bruwinz37

Both of these guys are really the issue with the team right now. You cant have two big top line wingers mailing it in before the puck drops each night.

Quite frankly I am only really dissapointed in Lucic. Horton is and has always been lazy as sin and only likes the physical play when he reaches a boiling point....as in revenge only and never a proactive physical game.

Its upsetting that Horton gets a free pass from Julien. He should be the 4th line RW now...nothing more. If you want to shake up the team and send a message that the effort isnt there you dont do it by benching Peverly...take real action.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:30 PM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Lucic got caught covering the point against a fast player. Never going to be his forte.
In his role with the team, he has to make that hit, whether it's his forte or not. True, Krejci didn't look a whole lot better, and there were plenty of other breakdowns, but none of those happen if he makes the initial hit. No argument regarding your other points, either.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
In his role with the team, he has to make that hit, whether it's his forte or not. True, Krejci didn't look a whole lot better, and there were plenty of other breakdowns, but none of those happen if he makes the initial hit. No argument regarding your other points, either.
He was caught on D. I actually think the smart play was to back up, get body position, stay w/ him, and slow him down. Going for the hit at all was the mistake.

After Siedenberg, a Dman, gets torched on one play like a pylon, then gets blown up by Orr on another, both leading to goals. I'm not going to eat Lucic's lunch for getting schooled in a position he shouldn't have been in. Especially when two other players also flunked "what would Ray Bourque do 101" before the goal was scored.

Not putting the puck in the net? Not coming up w/ pucks? Forcing passes instead of taking another two strides, or shooting? Yup, fair game. But it seems to me anything and everything that can be blamed on Lucic, is. Including the play, or lack thereof, of his two linemates.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Both of these guys are really the issue with the team right now. You cant have two big top line wingers mailing it in before the puck drops each night.

Quite frankly I am only really dissapointed in Lucic. Horton is and has always been lazy as sin and only likes the physical play when he reaches a boiling point....as in revenge only and never a proactive physical game.

Its upsetting that Horton gets a free pass from Julien. He should be the 4th line RW now...nothing more. If you want to shake up the team and send a message that the effort isnt there you dont do it by benching Peverly...take real action.
Why he didn't drop Horton down. Because he knows he'd be even more useless. Lucic can actually produce w/ those linemates.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:18 PM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
He was caught on D. I actually think the smart play was to back up, get body position, stay w/ him, and slow him down. Going for the hit at all was the mistake.
He wasn't caught playing D. He was a forward in front of the play. He had a defenseman and a center behind him. He should have simply angled him into the boards and ended it there.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:29 PM
DarrenBanks

I've always thought Lucic needs to fight every so often, Always seems when he goes a while between fights his game drastically drops off. Also never been a fan of him & Horton on the same line, they're to similar, thought both need fast wingers working the other side.

DarrenBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Lucic needs to watch some tape of Esposito.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:25 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Lucic needts to watch some tape of Esposito.
Watch that goal Jamie Benn assisted on last night. When has he or nate ever crashed the net?

Looch should watch clarkson and Simmonds videos. He needs to stop being so perimeter.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:37 PM
slasher911

For all of the **** Lucic has taken here, he's made at least one or two brilliant passes in each of the last few games that were completely shanked by Horton.

Blame Lucic all you want, it's not his fault Horton can't be bothered to put his stick on the ice every once in awhile. I'm not letting Lucic off the hook, but all of this "trade Lucic!" talk is mind boggiling.

slasher911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:19 AM
chippa13*

Quote:
Anyone who happens to give an opinion that isnt absolutely glowing about a Bruin you attack. You are an absolute fan girl and pretty much drag down any conversation here. If you cant see that Lucic and Horton are doing nothing more than going through motions than that pretty much proves everything.

The whole idea of "if you dont like it then turn it off" is about as juvenile as it gets.
Ha ha.....I just made love to these words....

Thanks BJ!

chippa13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:32 AM
chippa13*

Love how Artemis calls me a troll.....Guess I have made the big time

You see
I love laughing at posters that like hockey cause "bruinz playerz are so cutez" and they can never do any wrong...

So HAHAHHAHHHAHHHA

Old
03-25-2013, 05:33 AM
chippa13*

Quote:
Anyone who happens to give an opinion that isnt absolutely glowing about a Bruin you attack. You are an absolute fan girl and pretty much drag down any conversation here. If you cant see that Lucic and Horton are doing nothing more than going through motions than that pretty much proves everything.

The whole idea of "if you dont like it then turn it off" is about as juvenile as it gets.

Thanks BJ!

Old
03-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post

Thanks BJ!
Twice in 15 minutes...

ahhh, l'amour.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:47 AM
chippa13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Twice in 15 minutes...

ahhh, l'amour.
I am so quick that I had to do it x2

Old
03-25-2013, 11:24 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:

I know I've been away from this place a few days, but this is one of the most classic posts, I've read in about a year !!!

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:42 PM
rainone99

Can we finally and seriously be honest about making a move with these 2 players?

Horton won't be here next year and a Chicago or Anaheim may wanna add a piece like him for a stretch run. So get something for him now. Trade him to Pittsburgh even, they seem to be in the market for rentals

As for Lucic, he is not and will never be the player he was 3 or 4 years ago. Time for a change for Looch and get some real scorers to play with Krejci.

I think patience is wearing thin for these 2 guys, and Chia needs to clean up his 6 million dollar mess. The tough and rough identity is long and gone, they don't scare anyone anymore especially the way these 2 guys have turned out.

rainone99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainone99 View Post
Can we finally and seriously be honest about making a move with these 2 players?

Horton won't be here next year and a Chicago or Anaheim may wanna add a piece like him for a stretch run. So get something for him now. Trade him to Pittsburgh even, they seem to be in the market for rentals

As for Lucic, he is not and will never be the player he was 3 or 4 years ago. Time for a change for Looch and get some real scorers to play with Krejci.

I think patience is wearing thin for these 2 guys, and Chia needs to clean up his 6 million dollar mess. The tough and rough identity is long and gone, they don't scare anyone anymore especially the way these 2 guys have turned out.
Why, so Krejci can pass the puck to the opposition at the blueline some more? If that line is going to succeed it needs wingers that can do it all. Carry the puck up the ice, be responsible defensively, score, and hit everything that moves because although the center can do no wrong for some reason and is completely immune to criticism, he doesn't really contribute a whole lot to their game.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:47 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Why, so Krejci can pass the puck to the opposition at the blueline some more? If that line is going to succeed it needs wingers that can do it all. Carry the puck up the ice, be responsible defensively, score, and hit everything that moves because although the center can do no wrong for some reason and is completely immune to criticism, he doesn't really contribute a whole lot to their game.
Not sure who Krejci gets lost in all this. I am a big DK fan, but he is one of those God awful lazy ass streaks he has...Easy to blame the wingers, but THEIR CENTER CREATES NOTHING right now...nothing..

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
We attack at 11.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Not sure who Krejci gets lost in all this. I am a big DK fan, but he is one of those God awful lazy ass streaks he has...Easy to blame the wingers, but THEIR CENTER CREATES NOTHING right now...nothing..
Horton and Lucic both had pretty good games when they were centered by Spooner.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:50 PM
rainone99

Quote:
I'm not a huge Krejci fan, but he is playing a lot better than Lucic an Horton. I think it's difficult for him right now cause he is trying to do too much. That line is base on getting pucks in deep and working the boards, but the wingers are not winning those battles an are not getting to lose pucks he may be trying to do too much, but Lucic has lost many pucks in his own end that have ended up in the back of the net, so your argument of giveways do not help you.

rainone99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:51 PM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

Horton and Lucic are so soft, that they've been invited on tour this summer with Christopher Cross. Saaaiiiiiiillllliiiingggg.....

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote