HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LIII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 02:49 PM
No More Subban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
I know I shouldn't, but starting to feel bad for the Bruins.

Somebody slap me.
you softie.. lol. would a real bruins fan feel bad for our team? cmon man. its always a good day when bruins lose.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Hannibal
Fear the Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Bruins fans calling for a blow up of the team! That includes the "premier" best power forward in the league...Lucic. well so they claim.

I called this last year. Lucic is NOT a a #1 or #2 line player. He was a flash in the pan. Had one real good year and now back to the same stupid lug head that we all know him as.

Good to see the Bruins fan whining even more about their team than the opponents. Whats he excuse for todays game?!?
I remember reading that he arrived at the camp out-of-shape. Maybe that's why he can keep up with the play this season?

Old
03-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
All those guys were weeks away from walking for nothing, which can't be forgotten. It was a different economic time with no cap, a low canadian dollar, TV revenue having not exploded, the Molson company running the team on a tight budget, etc.

Pick 1 of about 6 players that went on to solid NHL careers instead of Hossa and the Damphousse trade is viewed as a solid return. We also got a 2001 2nd rounder in that deal that was sent to CBJ to have them take Chabot in the expansion draft instead of one of our goalies.

We received Souray+the immortal Josh DeWolf+a 2001 2nd rounder for Malakhov. That 2001 2nd rounder then went in the Zubrus/Linden for Bulis/Zednik/2001 1st (Perezhogin) trade.
I am fully aware of the situation the team was in, I just don't see how it changes anything from a fan perspective to see 3 of your favorite players dealt away for scraps. At least the godawful Turgeon trade got us a player that was much appreciated here beforehand in Corson.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Hackett
BAKAMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
And Toronto two points behind Ottawa (although with an extra game). In theory, four teams in the NE could be separated by three points by night's end. Bizarro World season...
yeah, its actually a pretty big game between the sens/leafs. While not impossible, the leafs will have a very tough time making up 4 points with an extra game played at this time of the season.

Although, one may figure that its better to finish 6th than 5th... so maybe the leafs have the upper hand after all

Old
03-30-2013, 02:53 PM
pine*

Jordan Leopold to the Blues - per @DarrenDreger

Old
03-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Et le But

The Sabres trade Jordan Leopold to the Blues for draft picks.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:57 PM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I remember reading that he arrived at the camp out-of-shape. Maybe that's why he can keep up with the play this season?
Didn't guy have a kid? It's a different element I bet. I'm too young to know but I'm sure his mind isn't always on the game anymore.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Davebo*
BeepBeep!

Quote:

Somebody slap me.
What.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:58 PM
overlords
#FakeBlous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Didn't guy have a kid? It's a different element I bet. I'm too young to know but I'm sure his mind isn't always on the game anymore.
Throwing shoes at toddlers isn't half the workout throwing shoes at full grown women is.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
I just can't believe Philly is in line for a top 5 pick. They are much better team than that and quite frankly, the possibility of them adding one of Jones/McKinnon/Barkov/Druin frightens the Hell out of me.
The win today pushed them to 5th worst...2 points away from 10th worst. Hopefully they play slightly better than .500 the rest of the way and get far away from the bottom 4.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:02 PM
WhiskeySeven
Expect the expected

vCash: 300
Quote:

Somebody slap me.
They won the cup.

Marchand won the cup. Chara won the cup. Lucic won the cup. Campbell won the cup. Boychuck won the cup. Claude Julien won the cup.

Never feel sorry for them.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
They won the cup.

Marchand won the cup. Chara won the cup. Lucic won the cup. Campbell won the cup. Boychuck won the cup. Claude Julien won the cup.

Never feel sorry for them.
Ever wonder if someone 'not named' Colin Campbell wouldn't have been chief of NHL's disciplinary machine we would all be saying that ?

Remember, this is the man who called Chara's hit a 'Hockey Play'

Old
03-30-2013, 03:05 PM
bib
#believe

Yeah sorry guys, guess I'm just that tired.

I'm gonna take a nap, wake up, then slap myself.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The Sabres trade Jordan Leopold to the Blues for draft picks.
For a 2nd in 2013 and a conditional 5th.

STL has been looking for a 2nd pairing LD for a long-time.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:06 PM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Throwing shoes at toddlers isn't half the workout throwing shoes at full grown women is.
I lol'd.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Lshap
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Badabing!

I'm not a fan of generalizations or cheap insults, but whenever some juvenile Bruins fan wrings out the tired '9-11' cliche or talks about the Habs having 'no class' or 'no respect', I am so tempted to remind them of those racist tweets and Lucic's disgusting personal behaviour.

Thing with Lucic is his game is based almost entirely on his strength when driving for the net. He's a bowling ball, only not as smart. He seems to lack the I.Q. to compensate when his brute force is minimized.

Old
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKZO View Post
Ever wonder if someone 'not named' Colin Campbell wouldn't have been chief of NHL's disciplinary machine we would all be saying that ?

It would be the same thing. I actually attribute refs putting away whistles in game 7 vs TBL as a bigger reason they advances. TBL having the deadly powerplay were put at ES all game and still lost only 1-0 I believe. Imagine if they got a single PP they deserved.

Old
overlords
#FakeBlous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKZO View Post

Love the avy/name change.

That hit was totally Kah-kah-kah-clean.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:08 PM
No More Subban

I really hope someone picks up Kaberle.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:11 PM
LyricalLyricist
Retired

Quote:
Badabing!

I'm not a fan of generalizations or cheap insults, but whenever some juvenile Bruins fan wrings out the tired '9-11' cliche or talks about the Habs having 'no class' or 'no respect', I am so tempted to remind them of those racist tweets and Lucic's disgusting personal behaviour.

Thing with Lucic is his game is based almost entirely on his strength when driving for the net. He's a bowling ball, only not as smart. He seems to lack the I.Q. to compensate when his brute force is minimized.
I agree with you on the bruins fan portion. The worst part being I don't even know of anyone who called 911 so the insult is entirely ignored. Even with vancouver and montreal's riots boston has a higher crime rate so meh. It's essentially just noise for me when someone doesn't want to talk hockey.

As for Lucic, he's a unique player but not perfect. The reason Lucic will not be as effective going into the future is fairly simple. He's human. The guy is strong and a good physical player but bruises and injuries happen. No way this guy continues to play on the edge until he's 35. His body can't handle it. That's why he's slowing down for the good of his health and the longevity of his career.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Tuggy

The best part about Lucic...his caphit goes up to 6 million next season for 3 more years!

Old
03-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

So far the Bruins and their fans have had a lovely week, haven't they?

Old
03-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Leopold traded for all of a 2nd and a conditional 5th this season.

The market for d-men really advantages sellers. We have to accept parting ways with one of our 2nds.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:33 PM
roy munson

Quote:
Badabing!

I'm not a fan of generalizations or cheap insults, but whenever some juvenile Bruins fan wrings out the tired '9-11' cliche or talks about the Habs having 'no class' or 'no respect', I am so tempted to remind them of those racist tweets and Lucic's disgusting personal behaviour...
With them it's always 'do as I say, not as I do'.

What great times for Bruins haters: embellishment city, they were leading us by 2 (twice) then lost, they almost didn't care because Iginla was coming to Boston and they lose another game today. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
Always love it when the Bruins lose. I remember when they were going on about their "games in hand".
I remember some threads on the main board about our good start and some of them simply replying "3:3". Finishing first in the east was a pure formality for them. Good times.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:33 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
So did Iginla score in his debut for the Big Bad Bruins? He surely owes them one for costing them the game against the Habs, distracting his -now- current team with the trade rumors?

Closed Thread