Notices

Iginla Leaving Calgary?

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2006, 06:53 PM
iggyrocks12*

vCash: 500
Iginla Leaving Calgary?

Hey guys, long time reader, first-time poster. As someone who's read these sites for quite awhile, I understand how this is going to sound (first post, etc.) Furthermore, while this is one of those posts that's "friend of a cousin's friend," I wouldn't register on this site just to post it if I didn't think it had merit.

Anway, my brother is friends with Stephen Iginla, Jarome's half-brother. My brother has only met Iginla once or twice, as he only met Stephen about three years ago, they didn't grow up together or anything. My brother and Stephen were at a wedding last week, and at the reception the two of them started talking hockey. Stephen told my brother that when Jarome's contract is up, he wants to stay in Alberta, but IF HE FEELS THE OILERS ARE COMPETITIVE at that time, he would have to look long and hard at signing with Edmonton. In fact, his preference, if both teams are competitive, would be to sign closer to home.

As a die-hard Flames fan, I really hope this is just talk, but you never know.

Old
08-13-2006, 07:37 PM
daikan
sad times

Send a message via MSN to daikan
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyrocks12 View Post
Hey guys, long time reader, first-time poster. As someone who's read these sites for quite awhile, I understand how this is going to sound (first post, etc.) Furthermore, while this is one of those posts that's "friend of a cousin's friend," I wouldn't register on this site just to post it if I didn't think it had merit.

Anway, my brother is friends with Stephen Iginla, Jarome's half-brother. My brother has only met Iginla once or twice, as he only met Stephen about three years ago, they didn't grow up together or anything. My brother and Stephen were at a wedding last week, and at the reception the two of them started talking hockey. Stephen told my brother that when Jarome's contract is up, he wants to stay in Alberta, but IF HE FEELS THE OILERS ARE COMPETITIVE at that time, he would have to look long and hard at signing with Edmonton. In fact, his preference, if both teams are competitive, would be to sign closer to home.

As a die-hard Flames fan, I really hope this is just talk, but you never know.
What does this have to do with the Hurricanes though?

Old
08-13-2006, 07:44 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daikan View Post
What does this have to do with the Hurricanes though?
The Stanley Cup Final !

Old
08-13-2006, 07:48 PM
NickHanson

Send a message via AIM to NickHanson
I'd be seriously suprised if he moved from Calgary. Shocked.

Old
08-13-2006, 08:18 PM
DeputyDan

Wonder if he posted on every team site.

Makes no sense to post this here.

Old
08-13-2006, 09:05 PM
abracanada

A little friendly advice iggyrocks, posts like this can get you in trouble. People don't like to hear stuff like this, unless you can verify it somehow. Keep on rockin.

Old
08-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Buddha

Even as an Oiler Fan I wouldn't want this posted without more then drunken talk at a wedding rumour.

Old
08-13-2006, 09:13 PM
The Polak*

I'm an Oiler fan, but if someone registers under the name "Iggyrocks" and his first three posts are on a calgary message board saying how Iginla wants to play in Edmonton (Remember, he heard it from a friend of a friend, it must be true!), I'd say he's just a troll looking to rile up some Flame fans and get some Edmonton vs. Calgary flamewar going.

Just a hunch.

Old
08-13-2006, 09:21 PM
CalgaryFan1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyrocks12 View Post

As a die-hard Flames fan, I really hope this is <a href="just%20talk" onmouseover="window.status='just talk'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">just talk</a>, but you never know.

Seing numerous Iginla interviews, I remember Iginla saying having played for the Flames in the "Battle of Alberta", he wouldn't want to play for the Oilers.....and actually has grown to dislike them.

Old
08-13-2006, 11:46 PM
kruezer

Thats it Iggy, your done.

I'll leave this one as a warning.

Closed Thread