HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part V - The Countdown

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 05:14 AM
  #376
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
Another pair of big goals for Hudon last night. Down 2-0 he scored twice and VIC won 3-2 in OT. 3 SOG, 3 hits, 3rd star and 2 PIM as well. He leads his team with 5 goals in 5 games, tied for 5th in league.

ChadS is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 12:21 PM
  #377
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Another pair of big goals for Hudon last night. Down 2-0 he scored twice and VIC won 3-2 in OT. 3 SOG, 3 hits, 3rd star and 2 PIM as well. He leads his team with 5 goals in 5 games, tied for 5th in league.
We would have to move some contracts to do anything with him. But glad to hear he is having a great playoffs.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:18 PM
  #378
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
Bäckman scored in game 2 of their semi-final series. Was a +1, had 2 PIM and 20:56 icetime. Series tied at 1.

1-0 goal here: http://elitserienplay.se/#/video.2266460246001

ChadS is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:27 PM
  #379
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Bäckman scored in game 2 of their semi-final series. Was a +1, had 2 PIM and 20:56 icetime. Series tied at 1.

1-0 goal here: http://elitserienplay.se/#/video.2266460246001
This man needs a contract...

Trvp Lord is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:44 PM
  #380
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
This man needs a contract...
Agreed. I think if he goes back into the draft this year he's at least a top 20, maybe top 15 pick.

He's playing 1 more year in Sweden but it wouldn't shock me to see him come over and follow the Kronwall path to the NHL.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:52 PM
  #381
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Agreed. I think if he goes back into the draft this year he's at least a top 20, maybe top 15 pick.

He's playing 1 more year in Sweden but it wouldn't shock me to see him come over and follow the Kronwall path to the NHL.
He can't go back to draft this year.

Euro rights are held for 4 years in current CBA.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:53 PM
  #382
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
He can't go back to draft this year.

Euro rights are held for 4 years in current CBA.
I thought that was this starting with this year's draft? If it's not the case then we may be able to sign all of our defensive prospects if we wanted to.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 04:04 PM
  #383
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
I thought that was this starting with this year's draft? If it's not the case then we may be able to sign all of our defensive prospects if we wanted to.
It's starting this summer and that 4 years is only for 18 year olds (or players in their actual draft year). If it's an overager, the rights expire in 2 or 3 years depending on the age of the player. This agreement does not include Russia, so basically rights for Russian prospects do not expire at the moment.

I'm guessing Håkan will get more picks thanks to this change.

ChadS is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 04:06 PM
  #384
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
I thought that was this starting with this year's draft? If it's not the case then we may be able to sign all of our defensive prospects if we wanted to.
That could be possible too. All I've read that it will be 4 years.. maybe it's only for new draftees

edit. yes ChadS said it.

Bäckman needs to be signed.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 04:23 PM
  #385
Frk It
#FireHolland
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
It's starting this summer and that 4 years is only for 18 year olds (or players in their actual draft year). If it's an overager, the rights expire in 2 or 3 years depending on the age of the player. This agreement does not include Russia, so basically rights for Russian prospects do not expire at the moment.

I'm guessing Håkan will get more picks thanks to this change.
Might as well give him all our picks

Frk It is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 04:53 PM
  #386
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 500
Found this on WHL board. Some think it's 50/50 if Tvrdon goes back to juniors or plays in AHL.

Quote:
Shaun Brown ‏@Downtown55Brown 28. maaliskuuta
@SteveEwen Chances of Tvrdon playing with @WHLGiants next season? Good enough for #AHL, but #RedWings do like to take time with prospects.

Steve Ewen ‏@SteveEwen 28. maaliskuuta
@Downtown55Brown @WHLGiants The Red Wings are the one team that make me wonder in that sitaution. Anybody else, slam dunk in AHL.
That is Giants beat writer.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 03:51 AM
  #387
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 500
Quine 1G, +1. Belleville leads series 3-2.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:06 AM
  #388
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
McKee was back last night, missed 6 games. He was a +2, no penalties.

De Haas scored a goal in Penticton's win in game 2 of the second round. They have not yet lost a game in the playoffs.

ChadS is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 10:03 AM
  #389
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
It's starting this summer and that 4 years is only for 18 year olds (or players in their actual draft year). If it's an overager, the rights expire in 2 or 3 years depending on the age of the player. This agreement does not include Russia, so basically rights for Russian prospects do not expire at the moment.

I'm guessing Håkan will get more picks thanks to this change.
So I guess Backman has to be signed then. But if Hakan gets more picks I'm all for it, though I'd rather more Backman's and less Bodin's.


Last edited by DatsyukToZetterberg: 03-31-2013 at 01:45 PM.
DatsyukToZetterberg is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 01:38 PM
  #390
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
So I guess Backman has to be signed then. But if Hakan gets more picks I'm all for it, though I'd rather more Backmans and less Brodins.
Do you mean Bodin's?

Anchor Town is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 01:45 PM
  #391
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Do you mean Bodin's?
Yep my bad, should fix that.

That's what I get for posting at 2:30am.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 03:30 PM
  #392
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
St.Cloud is playing Miami right now on ESPNU. If you don't get it, here's a (bad) stream. Jensen is #14 in red.

http://nowwatchtvlive.com/2011/12/wa...-channel-free/

ChadS is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:13 PM
  #393
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
HUGE hip check by Jensen on the PK. Sent that guy flying.

I really like his play. Skating is great, has high end offensive skills and isn't afraid to play physical. His skating is what will make him a great player, I just hope it's in the Wings organisation.

IMO he's a better prospect than Almqvist, who I guess is an ok comparable since they were chosen in the same draft. Skating and size gives him the advantage. Jensen should probably work on his shot a bit, it would make him even more dangerous with the puck. He shoots a lot of wrister from the blueline.


Last edited by ChadS: 03-31-2013 at 05:18 PM.
ChadS is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:23 PM
  #394
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
HUGE hip check by Jensen on the PK. Sent that guy flying.

I really like his play. Skating is great, has high end offensive skills and isn't afraid to play physical. His skating is what will make him a great player, I just hope it's in the Wings organisation.

IMO he's a better prospect than Almqvist, who I guess is an ok comparable since they were chosen in the same draft. Skating and size gives him the advantage. Jensen should probably work on his shot a bit, it would make him even more dangerous with the puck. He shoots a lot of wrister from the blueline.

This is how he plays every time I have seen him, think he can even be a very fast stay at home guy if his offense doesn't translate to pro. Have no concerns about it at the AHL level, but still wonder in terms of the NHL. Still have remained sky high on this kids NHL potential in terms of someday making the league. He does so many things well and has elite skills in certain areas, he is the best skater in our system in my opinion.

I think his shot will be good for deflections a la Rafalski as the talent level goes up. He doesn't need anymore time in college, SIGN THIS KID NOW!

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:35 PM
  #395
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
This is how he plays every time I have seen him, think he can even be a very fast stay at home guy if his offense doesn't translate to pro. Have no concerns about it at the AHL level, but still wonder in terms of the NHL. Still have remained sky high on this kids NHL potential in terms of someday making the league. He does so many things well and has elite skills in certain areas, he is the best skater in our system in my opinion.

I think his shot will be good for deflections a la Rafalski as the talent level goes up. He doesn't need anymore time in college, SIGN THIS KID NOW!
I really can't see what benefit another year of college would give him. If he joined the Griffins now, he would be at least a top-4 if not a first pair D.

St.Cloud win 4-1 and qualify to the Frozen Four.

ChadS is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:32 PM
  #396
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Sproul's team eliminated from playoffs. Expect to see him in the AHL soon?

Trvp Lord is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:46 PM
  #397
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
Sproul's team eliminated from playoffs. Expect to see him in the AHL soon?
He finished with 5 points in 6 games, but was a -4. How many of those minuses were from EN goals?

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 05:08 AM
  #398
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
He finished with 5 points in 6 games, but was a -4. How many of those minuses were from EN goals?
One was.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:55 AM
  #399
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,956
vCash: 500
Not bad prospective TOP4.

Dekeyser-Sproul
Ouellet-Jensen

Left-Right on both pairings. And then we have Smith-Marchenko...

Henkka is offline  
Old
04-02-2013, 03:15 AM
  #400
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 500
Quine had a goal as Belleville entered to 2nd round, winning 4-2.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.