HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LIII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 03:35 PM
  #676
Dont Poke Subban
Registered User
 
Dont Poke Subban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,013
vCash: 500
anyone watching the peewee game on thescore? never seen one before! man, they play like adults, just less speed and no hitting.

so fun to watch kids play hockey!

Dont Poke Subban is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:35 PM
  #677
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
The best part about Lucic...his caphit goes up to 6 million next season for 3 more years!
And people on this board want Lucic with that cap hit?!? Insane!

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:37 PM
  #678
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,661
vCash: 50
What I love most about iginla applying the veto was how Boston fans felt he was born a bruin and would love it there. They've been wanting him for yesrs(mind you, who hasn't?) and when time came he said no thanks. That killed a lot if them, some hate him now.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:37 PM
  #679
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
And people on this board want Lucic with that cap hit?!? Insane!
I would take him for that cap hit. So would 28 other teams. It's ridiculous to downplay the global quality of a player because of a rough stretch. He's still the best power forward in the game.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:38 PM
  #680
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
I would take him for that cap hit. So would 28 other teams. It's ridiculous to downplay the global quality of a player because of a rough stretch. He's still the best power forward in the game.
You have to be kidding me?!? I hope you aren't really serious about that.

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:43 PM
  #681
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
You have to be kidding me?!? I hope you aren't really serious about that.
No, I'm not kidding. And yes, I'm actually serious about that. Lucic might be sleeping from time to time, but when he's on his game, he's a great power forward. You have to be severely biased to not take a guy like him on your team.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:45 PM
  #682
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,661
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
You have to be kidding me?!? I hope you aren't really serious about that.
We pay 5 for gointa and 4+ for kaberle. Lets not kid ourselves Lucic is overpaid but not end of the world.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:49 PM
  #683
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
So did Iginla score in his debut for the Big Bad Bruins? He surely owes them one for costing them the game against the Habs, distracting his -now- current team with the trade rumors?
I think you have it wrong. The Bruins entered the game in a good frame of mind, looking forward to polishing off the Habs and getting Iginla to fortify them against the Penguins in the playoffs. The denouement didn't take place until after the game. His current team (the Penguins) had no problem.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:53 PM
  #684
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
So what excuse will Julien use today for the loss? Still affected about the Iginla trade?

Rosso Scuderia is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:54 PM
  #685
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
No, I'm not kidding. And yes, I'm actually serious about that. Lucic might be sleeping from time to time, but when he's on his game, he's a great power forward. You have to be severely biased to not take a guy like him on your team.
I'd take him on my team, like everyone else would, but he was overhyped after one great season. He's not the second coming of Cam Neely the way Bruins fans were talking him up as. Even his toughness is inconsistent. And no, he's not the best power forward in the game, sorry.

I remember a general board poll asking if you would rather have Pacioretty or Lucic on your team...so many people who responded with Lucic say it "wasn't even close"

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:55 PM
  #686
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
So what excuse will Julien use today for the loss? Still affected about the Iginla trade?
I don't know, but tonight is a must win. I want no part of Toronto, Ottawa or Boston in the playoffs. In fact, the team I'd like to play against the most in these three would be Boston. But then again. I'd feel more comfortable against NJ or NYR. We match up better against them.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:58 PM
  #687
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'd take him on my team, like everyone else would, but he was overhyped after one great season. He's not the second coming of Cam Neely the way Bruins fans were talking him up as. Even his toughness is inconsistent. And no, he's not the best power forward in the game, sorry.

I remember a general board poll asking if you would rather have Pacioretty or Lucic on your team...so many people who responded with Lucic say it "wasn't even close"
If given the choice to pick between Lucic and Pacioretty, I still think I'd go with Lucic. To act as if Lucic was heads and shoulders above Pacioretty as a player is ridiculous, but Lucic brings a lot of intangibles and is not a bad player himself.

He's not the second coming of Neely, but let's be honest, nobody is as far as I'm concerned, and Lucic still is the most intimidating power forward in there.

Boston made one hell of a pick. There isn't one player comparable to Lucic in terms of style of play in this league. Just like there just isn't anyone in this league who plays the game like Subban. No kidding. Both of these players are very special, are unique in their own way, and that's why each of both fanbases hate the player on the other team so much.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 04:15 PM
  #688
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 500
I agree you can't just judge Lucic by his stats but he hasn't even been fighting or anything. His last fight was against Prust a month ago

I don't think he's that special. He's a big, tough second-line quality scorer with a good shot and no puck skills beyond that. If anything he's a liability against the Habs because our defense can outskate and outthink him, and he loses his cool far too easily. There's other Bruins I both hate and fear more.

I'd take a possession driver like Pacioretty over Lucic, though admittedly it's something I'd have to think about.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 04:27 PM
  #689
thewall
Registered User
 
thewall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
Can't believe one team from the South East will be making the playoffs... All thoses teams are awful !!!! The Sabres would probably be winning that division and they are the bottom feeders of the North-East!

thewall is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 04:43 PM
  #690
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
I know I shouldn't, but starting to feel bad for the Bruins.

Somebody slap me.

SB164 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 04:49 PM
  #691
Sandvich
VERY NICE
 
Sandvich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Cant wait to hate him even more this Sunday

Sandvich is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 04:53 PM
  #692
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,166
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
So what excuse will Julien use today for the loss? Still affected about the Iginla trade?
He mumbled something about the fact that this season being a very different one and a condensed schedule. But he mainly kept it about the team under-achieving, he had glasses on so I think it's fair to say things are pretty bad in Bean town.

Alexdaman is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:12 PM
  #693
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I agree you can't just judge Lucic by his stats but he hasn't even been fighting or anything. His last fight was against Prust a month ago

I don't think he's that special. He's a big, tough second-line quality scorer with a good shot and no puck skills beyond that. If anything he's a liability against the Habs because our defense can outskate and outthink him, and he loses his cool far too easily. There's other Bruins I both hate and fear more.

I'd take a possession driver like Pacioretty over Lucic, though admittedly it's something I'd have to think about.
I'd take Patches over him any day of the week. Lucic is a one dimensional player. I said this a few years ago, the way he plays he won't last long in the NHL. And it's happening much shorter than I expected. Take out the goonism and there isn't much there in respect to skill.

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
  #694
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
He mumbled something about the fact that this season being a very different one and a condensed schedule. But he mainly kept it about the team under-achieving, he had glasses on so I think it's fair to say things are pretty bad in Bean town.
You'd think a condensed season would help them. Guess he is running out of excuses at the moment.

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:18 PM
  #695
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
He mumbled something about the fact that this season being a very different one and a condensed schedule. But he mainly kept it about the team under-achieving, he had glasses on so I think it's fair to say things are pretty bad in Bean town.
They finally got a schedule that compares to the rest of the league and unsurprisingly their level of play went down. **** them.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:21 PM
  #696
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
They finally got a schedule that compares to the rest of the league and unsurprisingly their level of play went down. **** them.
That was one of my points early on in the season when they were "winning". They had a skate schedule where they played minimal games. I said the real challenge would be when they started to play like everyone else. Low and behold we are seeing that they aren't as good as they thought they were now. Montreal passed the test and continues to pass the test. Tonights game is HUGE!

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:50 PM
  #697
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,020
vCash: 50
Ron grilling Iggy.

I wonder if the CBC Bruins people are going to bash him tonight.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:06 PM
  #698
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
I would take him for that cap hit. So would 28 other teams. It's ridiculous to downplay the global quality of a player because of a rough stretch. He's still the best power forward in the game.
I would still take him for 3years, but he is overpaid. I mean, no way this guy deserves more cash than Plekanec if you want to make comparisons.
I disagree about him being the best PF too. I don't think he's even close to being that dominant. Still would be a great addition, especially on our team, but no he's not THAT good.

Kriss E is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:58 PM
  #699
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,786
vCash: 500
Leafs up by 2 over Ottawa, but Ottawa is definitely the better team out of those two.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:02 PM
  #700
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,232
vCash: 500
Lucic on the Habs would be amazing.

ChoseLa is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.