HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LIII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Dont Poke Subban

vCash: 500
anyone watching the peewee game on thescore? never seen one before! man, they play like adults, just less speed and no hitting.

so fun to watch kids play hockey!

Old
03-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
The best part about Lucic...his caphit goes up to 6 million next season for 3 more years!
And people on this board want Lucic with that cap hit?!? Insane!

Old
03-30-2013, 03:37 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
What I love most about iginla applying the veto was how Boston fans felt he was born a bruin and would love it there. They've been wanting him for yesrs(mind you, who hasn't?) and when time came he said no thanks. That killed a lot if them, some hate him now.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:37 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
And people on this board want Lucic with that cap hit?!? Insane!
I would take him for that cap hit. So would 28 other teams. It's ridiculous to downplay the global quality of a player because of a rough stretch. He's still the best power forward in the game.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
I would take him for that cap hit. So would 28 other teams. It's ridiculous to downplay the global quality of a player because of a rough stretch. He's still the best power forward in the game.
You have to be kidding me?!? I hope you aren't really serious about that.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:43 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
No, I'm not kidding. And yes, I'm actually serious about that. Lucic might be sleeping from time to time, but when he's on his game, he's a great power forward. You have to be severely biased to not take a guy like him on your team.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:45 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
We pay 5 for gointa and 4+ for kaberle. Lets not kid ourselves Lucic is overpaid but not end of the world.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
So did Iginla score in his debut for the Big Bad Bruins? He surely owes them one for costing them the game against the Habs, distracting his -now- current team with the trade rumors?
I think you have it wrong. The Bruins entered the game in a good frame of mind, looking forward to polishing off the Habs and getting Iginla to fortify them against the Penguins in the playoffs. The denouement didn't take place until after the game. His current team (the Penguins) had no problem.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Rosso Scuderia

So what excuse will Julien use today for the loss? Still affected about the Iginla trade?

Old
03-30-2013, 03:54 PM
Et le But

Quote:
No, I'm not kidding. And yes, I'm actually serious about that. Lucic might be sleeping from time to time, but when he's on his game, he's a great power forward. You have to be severely biased to not take a guy like him on your team.
I'd take him on my team, like everyone else would, but he was overhyped after one great season. He's not the second coming of Cam Neely the way Bruins fans were talking him up as. Even his toughness is inconsistent. And no, he's not the best power forward in the game, sorry.

I remember a general board poll asking if you would rather have Pacioretty or Lucic on your team...so many people who responded with Lucic say it "wasn't even close"

Old
03-30-2013, 03:55 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
So what excuse will Julien use today for the loss? Still affected about the Iginla trade?
I don't know, but tonight is a must win. I want no part of Toronto, Ottawa or Boston in the playoffs. In fact, the team I'd like to play against the most in these three would be Boston. But then again. I'd feel more comfortable against NJ or NYR. We match up better against them.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:58 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'd take him on my team, like everyone else would, but he was overhyped after one great season. He's not the second coming of Cam Neely the way Bruins fans were talking him up as. Even his toughness is inconsistent. And no, he's not the best power forward in the game, sorry.

I remember a general board poll asking if you would rather have Pacioretty or Lucic on your team...so many people who responded with Lucic say it "wasn't even close"
If given the choice to pick between Lucic and Pacioretty, I still think I'd go with Lucic. To act as if Lucic was heads and shoulders above Pacioretty as a player is ridiculous, but Lucic brings a lot of intangibles and is not a bad player himself.

He's not the second coming of Neely, but let's be honest, nobody is as far as I'm concerned, and Lucic still is the most intimidating power forward in there.

Boston made one hell of a pick. There isn't one player comparable to Lucic in terms of style of play in this league. Just like there just isn't anyone in this league who plays the game like Subban. No kidding. Both of these players are very special, are unique in their own way, and that's why each of both fanbases hate the player on the other team so much.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Et le But

I agree you can't just judge Lucic by his stats but he hasn't even been fighting or anything. His last fight was against Prust a month ago

I don't think he's that special. He's a big, tough second-line quality scorer with a good shot and no puck skills beyond that. If anything he's a liability against the Habs because our defense can outskate and outthink him, and he loses his cool far too easily. There's other Bruins I both hate and fear more.

I'd take a possession driver like Pacioretty over Lucic, though admittedly it's something I'd have to think about.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:27 PM
thewall

Can't believe one team from the South East will be making the playoffs... All thoses teams are awful !!!! The Sabres would probably be winning that division and they are the bottom feeders of the North-East!

Old
03-30-2013, 04:43 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
I know I shouldn't, but starting to feel bad for the Bruins.

Somebody slap me.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Cant wait to hate him even more this Sunday

Old
03-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
He mumbled something about the fact that this season being a very different one and a condensed schedule. But he mainly kept it about the team under-achieving, he had glasses on so I think it's fair to say things are pretty bad in Bean town.

Old
03-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I agree you can't just judge Lucic by his stats but he hasn't even been fighting or anything. His last fight was against Prust a month ago

I don't think he's that special. He's a big, tough second-line quality scorer with a good shot and no puck skills beyond that. If anything he's a liability against the Habs because our defense can outskate and outthink him, and he loses his cool far too easily. There's other Bruins I both hate and fear more.

I'd take a possession driver like Pacioretty over Lucic, though admittedly it's something I'd have to think about.
I'd take Patches over him any day of the week. Lucic is a one dimensional player. I said this a few years ago, the way he plays he won't last long in the NHL. And it's happening much shorter than I expected. Take out the goonism and there isn't much there in respect to skill.

Old
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
He mumbled something about the fact that this season being a very different one and a condensed schedule. But he mainly kept it about the team under-achieving, he had glasses on so I think it's fair to say things are pretty bad in Bean town.
You'd think a condensed season would help them. Guess he is running out of excuses at the moment.

Old
03-30-2013, 05:18 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
They finally got a schedule that compares to the rest of the league and unsurprisingly their level of play went down. **** them.

Old
03-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
They finally got a schedule that compares to the rest of the league and unsurprisingly their level of play went down. **** them.
That was one of my points early on in the season when they were "winning". They had a skate schedule where they played minimal games. I said the real challenge would be when they started to play like everyone else. Low and behold we are seeing that they aren't as good as they thought they were now. Montreal passed the test and continues to pass the test. Tonights game is HUGE!

Old
03-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Ron grilling Iggy.

I wonder if the CBC Bruins people are going to bash him tonight.

Old
03-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I would still take him for 3years, but he is overpaid. I mean, no way this guy deserves more cash than Plekanec if you want to make comparisons.
I disagree about him being the best PF too. I don't think he's even close to being that dominant. Still would be a great addition, especially on our team, but no he's not THAT good.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:58 PM
sharks9

Leafs up by 2 over Ottawa, but Ottawa is definitely the better team out of those two.

Old
03-30-2013, 08:02 PM
ChoseLa

Lucic on the Habs would be amazing.

Closed Thread