HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/29/13 - 7:30PM EDT - New Jersey VS Tampa Bay

Old
03-30-2013, 10:27 AM
kudymen
Sophomore human

vCash: 500
Hey guys, Flyers fan coming in peace. I don't mean to spam this thread or anything - I'm just trying to track Czech prospects, especially D prospects since Czech hockey has lost quite a lot of good Dmen lately (Spacek, degression of Kaberle and Hamrlik etc.). Therefore I'd like to ask how did Sustr look yesterday? And probably also: how does Gudas look so far? (I've read some quotes by Guy Boucher but those look quite irrelevant right now ) Thanks in advance and good luck to your team for the rest of the season!

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:32 AM
Tampacuseforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Hey guys, Flyers fan coming in peace. I don't mean to spam this thread or anything - I'm just trying to track Czech prospects, especially D prospects since Czech hockey has lost quite a lot of good Dmen lately (Spacek, degression of Kaberle and Hamrlik etc.). Therefore I'd like to ask how did Sustr look yesterday? And probably also: how does Gudas look so far? (I've read some quotes by Guy Boucher but those look quite irrelevant right now ) Thanks in advance and good luck to your team for the rest of the season!
Sustr looked surprising good I wasn't expecting much but he looked fine. Way too early to say much though. Now GUDAS love that guy, every team needs a Radko Gudas !!!

Tampacuseforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Mjolnir
Whosoever Be Worthy

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...dagostini-hit/

Looks like he did catch his head a bit but was not targeting it. I can see him sitting for a game or 2 due to wheel of justice.

Mjolnir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:13 AM
FDfranklin
Standclose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...dagostini-hit/

Looks like he did catch his head a bit but was not targeting it. I can see him sitting for a game or 2 due to wheel of justice.
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game or 2. It does not look intentional though.

FDfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:32 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Sustr looked pretty invisible. I'd say thats a good thing for a rookie dman, quietly solid. Passing looked crisp and seemed mobile if slow (thats just probably because I am used to Hedmans skating and so thats compared to Hedman who is an incredible skater). Theres potential there.

Gudas is a beast, the scouting report redline did when he was drafted still sums him up best 'ultra competitive *****'. Physical, doesn't back down, good skater, suprisingly good set of offensive tools. Does anything and everything asked of him. The stat line from last night shows as much, 1 assist, +1, 7 PIM (1 fight), 2 shots, 6 hits and a blocked shot in around 15 minutes TOI.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:32 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game or 2. It does not look intentional though.
zero history probably helps him hope he gets off with just a fine, but i'd say 1 game tops.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:46 AM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
Everyone just played, the over coaching and over thinking was gone. There were set lines for a change. I thought Conacher got over played a little but besides that its all good
That schtick is annoying. Drop it. I don't dislike a single lightning fan on this board but you're testing that.

Btw... Johnson is pretty damn good defensively it seems. I love this team.

The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:53 AM
FDfranklin
Standclose

Seeing the goals Garon let in and knowing there's nothing we can do about goal tending right now until Lindback gets better makes me wan't to grab Miller lol

The penalty shot should have never happened. I would give Jersey maybe one of the other 3 goals and the other 2 should have been stopped. Any decent goalie would have stopped them. We should have won that game by a higher differential.

FDfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:01 PM
zeykshade

Thompson probably get a fine, but since he's a no-name in the league, they may hit him with a suspension. If ever there were a case for keeping your head up, that's it D'Agostini.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
Penchant for stick infractions, and Cherry picking. I thought it was defense. How many stick infractions has he had this year ???? I guess this is a preemptive strike Did you see Panik clear the puck between he legs right in front of our goal to a New Jersey player ? Johnson had two giveaways in the game ? Think he will give them 8 minutes next game ?

Conachers night 8:22. Plus 1. 3 shots. 2 Hits. 1 Blk. 1 Takeaway 0 Giveaways. I'll add 1 goal post hit as well. Stick Infractions, cherry picking ? Your drinking the Kool Aid
Clearly you are so right. One game completely dismisses the notion of him not being a strong enough two way player.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Tampacuseforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Clearly you are so right. One game completely dismisses the notion of him not being a strong enough two way player.
Your right he's a defensive liability.

Last edited by Tampacuseforever: 03-30-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 02:56 PM
daze

I think this win didn't look good technically with Garon's play and whatnot, but what a ****in fun game to be at though. When Killorn scored........

daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Tampacuseforever

Garon will bounce back he's been solid most of the year.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:06 PM
ultra63

Puck Daddy seal ofapproval

"No. 1 Star: Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning

The Lightning found themselves down 2-0 in the second period and then 4-2 early in the third, but fought back to force a shootout where Teddy Purcell and Victor Hedman were the only goal scorers, giving Tampa a 5-4 win. Stamkos scored his 24th and 25th of the season, continuing his quest for a third Rocket Richard Trophy. The win was the first for new Lightning head coach Jon Cooper."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/

ultra63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:32 PM
MattM92

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze View Post
I think this win didn't look good technically with Garon's play and whatnot, but what a ****in fun game to be at though. When Killorn scored........
When Killorn scored the crowd went absolutely ape-****. So nice to hear the sounds of silence from the Devils fan sitting in my row. I wanna find out who that "DESTROY THE (insert away team)!" guy is. He cracks me up

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:35 PM
MattM92

Thompson gets 2 games. Nash gets no hearing. What star treatment?

Old
03-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Thompson gets 2 games. Nash gets no hearing. What star treatment?
The Nash one was just a wrong call. Thompson's call is correct. Most hits to the head get two game suspensions.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:48 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
The Nash one was just a wrong call. Thompson's call is correct. Most hits to the head get two game suspensions.
My point is if Thompson's name was Nash, he wouldn't be suspended. It also helped Nash that the name on the other guys sweater was Kopecky and not Crosby. League is a joke.

Edit: Also, what was fundamentally different about the 2 hits that caused Thompson to get 2 games and Nash not even get a hearing? Both were blindside hits to the head/neck, head/neck was the primary point of contact, both players returned to the game after getting hit. If anything Nash's was worse because he jumped and led with an elbow.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:48 PM
HotPaquette

Quote:
My point is if Thompson's name was Nash, he wouldn't be suspended. It also helped Nash that the name on the other guys sweater was Kopecky and not Crosby. League is a joke.
2 games for playing hockey

HotPaquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Crabby Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
2 games for playing hockey
That wasn't hockey. That was stupid.

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:54 PM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

Quote:

Edit: Also, what was fundamentally different about the 2 hits that caused Thompson to get 2 games and Nash not even get a hearing? Both were blindside hits to the head/neck, head/neck was the primary point of contact, both players returned to the game after getting hit. If anything Nash's was worse because he jumped and led with an elbow.
Even Bob McKenzie said that Nash should have gotten a hearing. The entire league knows that Shanahan messed that up. When Lupul hit Hedman, he got two games. Two games is becoming the standard for hits to the head and I'm fine with that as long as it is consistent.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:15 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
Even Bob McKenzie said that Nash should have gotten a hearing. The entire league knows that Shanahan messed that up. When Lupul hit Hedman, he got two games. Two games is becoming the standard for hits to the head and I'm fine with that as long as it is consistent.
I am not disputing the the suspension, 2 games is about right for that kind of hit. I am calling the consistency into question. Very interesting that 3 similar hits involving 3 different players resulted in only 2 of them getting suspended. The one that didn't just happened to be a superstar. I find that pretty curious.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:17 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
It sucks, but it's kind of expected. Honestly, Nash's was the worst of all of the hits, but whatever. The thing that sucks is we lose a great defensive forward for two games. So it goes.

The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:29 PM
zeykshade

We're missing centers now and PK forwards. Killorn, Pyatt, Johnson, Palat are good at it though. Next two games will be tough as hell without Nate, but I can't be pissed at the decision to ban him 2 games. Should have taken the body, would have been just as devastating.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:07 PM
IdealisticSniper

Sorry but I disagree. If you give Lupul 2 games for purposefully lunging off the ground, leading with the elbow, and hitting Hedman in the head a good 3+ seconds after he moved the puck, giving Thompson 2 is a joke.

The puck was there, he didnt lead with an elbow. Yes he made contact with the head but it was just a body check gone wrong. No intention whatsoever.

1 game at most but really should have just been a fine and done with it.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote