Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012/2013 Abbotsford Heat Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 12:29 AM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

vCash: 50
Irving had surgery and is out at least 2 weeks. No word on the type of surgery just that it was "elective".

I'm not completely sure, but that means he has an injury and could have waited for surgery without risking it getting worse but the discomfort (and his contract situation) was enough to convince him to have surgery now. Or maybe it could mean laser eye surgery, a butt implant, or laser tattoo removal of Troy G. Ward's name over his heart.

100 Third Graders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:33 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Well Abby is barely hanging on to the 8th spot and they have played way more games than everyone else. It's not looking good
They are done stick a fork in them hopefully Ward is shown the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Irving had surgery and is out at least 2 weeks. No word on the type of surgery just that it was "elective".

I'm not completely sure, but that means he has an injury and could have waited for surgery without risking it getting worse but the discomfort (and his contract situation) was enough to convince him to have surgery now. Or maybe it could mean laser eye surgery, a butt implant, or laser tattoo removal of Troy G. Ward's name over his heart.
He probably figured he wasn't going to play anyway.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:38 AM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
They are done stick a fork in them hopefully Ward is shown the door.

He probably figured he wasn't going to play anyway.
I still wish I knew details on the injury. Can't help but wonder if it affected his play.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:58 AM
YMCMBYOLO
Flames Six Show ****

vCash: 879
Baertschi had a goal and two assists last night. Let's hope this helps build his confidence!

YMCMBYOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 01:10 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Baertschi had a goal and two assists last night. Let's hope this helps build his confidence!
One assist was taken away and given to Horak I believe

Old
03-18-2013, 01:52 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
One assist was taken away and given to Horak I believe
Therapy for Baertschi?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Fleury14
Remember the Kipper

vCash: 500
WHL season ended for '12 4th rounder Brett Kulak, so he's now in Abbotsford on a TO.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:16 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Heat sign dman Steven Seigo to an ATO.

http://www.abbotsfordheat.com/news/r...article_id=469

Quote:
Abbotsford Heat General Manager Jay Feaster announced today that defenceman Steven Seigo (SIGH-goh) has signed to Amateur Try-Out (ATO).

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:56 AM
F l a m e s
#winitforgio

Highlights from tonights Heat win : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCNCo...ature=youtu.be

Baertschi with a beauty goal, and an even better set up in OT! Great to see him regaining his confidence, and playing with passion!

F l a m e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:28 PM
FlamesFreak4
PLOFFS BABY

vCash: 8454
Not exactly on topic, but its regarding the abbotsford heat, so im posting it here.
I work at the Keg Steakhouse & Bar in Hamilton and currently the Heat are in town to play the Bulldogs. So pretty much the whole team(or most atleast) came in tonight for dinner. My Manager came up to me and told me they were there and off the top of his head he knew Akim Aliu, Leland Irving and Danny Taylor(celebrating his birthday) were among them, but didnt recognize the others, i... ofcourse being all excited, asked if he knew if Sven Beartschi was there, he said he didnt think so, so naturally i was a little dissapointed.

After work i sat down in the bar to grab something to eat and noticed 2 guys at the end of the bar, who turned out to be Max Reinhart and Roman Horak. Found it odd they both opted to sit in the bar apart from the rest of the team. shortly after i notice someone go up to them, and look over a couple times, and i realized it was Sven! So now im super excited, the Flames top prospect is standing some 10 feet away.

As he walked away from them he saw me looking over at them and i nervously said hey and nodded my head and he stopped and i mentioned i was a big flames fan and i ended up having a conversation with him about their road trip, Iginla, and how hes really hoping after the deadline he gets called back up to the big team.

Not a bad night

FlamesFreak4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:36 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFreak4 View Post
Not exactly on topic, but its regarding the abbotsford heat, so im posting it here.
I work at the Keg Steakhouse & Bar in Hamilton and currently the Heat are in town to play the Bulldogs. So pretty much the whole team(or most atleast) came in tonight for dinner. My Manager came up to me and told me they were there and off the top of his head he knew Akim Aliu, Leland Irving and Danny Taylor(celebrating his birthday) were among them, but didnt recognize the others, i... ofcourse being all excited, asked if he knew if Sven Beartschi was there, he said he didnt think so, so naturally i was a little dissapointed.

After work i sat down in the bar to grab something to eat and noticed 2 guys at the end of the bar, who turned out to be Max Reinhart and Roman Horak. Found it odd they both opted to sit in the bar apart from the rest of the team. shortly after i notice someone go up to them, and look over a couple times, and i realized it was Sven! So now im super excited, the Flames top prospect is standing some 10 feet away.

As he walked away from them he saw me looking over at them and i nervously said hey and nodded my head and he stopped and i mentioned i was a big flames fan and i ended up having a conversation with him about their road trip, Iginla, and how hes really hoping after the deadline he gets called back up to the big team.

Not a bad night
Interesting Story, Congrats on meeting him and having a conversation. The closest I got to Sven was he ran by me while he was warming up for a preliminary WJC game. Definitely a memorable night for yourself I would say.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

vCash: 2500
So where does Sven think Iggy will end up?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:05 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFreak4 View Post

Not a bad night
Awesome story, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
Interesting Story, Congrats on meeting him and having a conversation. The closest I got to Sven was he ran by me while he was warming up for a preliminary WJC game. Definitely a memorable night for yourself I would say.
Since we are talking Baertschi stories, I was lucky enough to go with a friend for the Jets return to Calgary with ice level seats.

Which, also happened to be Bart's first game....Saw Baertschi skate out for his first shift and took a cheapshot elbow from Kane (which the refs missed) I banged on the glass because I was already fairly inebriated. Sven looked over at me and we made eye contact, It was magical and then he strode away into the sunset

Old
03-27-2013, 11:02 AM
FlamesFreak4
PLOFFS BABY

vCash: 8454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
So where does Sven think Iggy will end up?
I only built up the courage to ask him if he thinks Iggy's gone by the trade deadline and he confidently shook his head and said 'oh yeah'

Afterwards I was thinking about how I shouldve asked where he thought he would end up, but oh well hah

FlamesFreak4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:49 AM
YMCMBYOLO
Flames Six Show ****

vCash: 879
Baertschi with a goal and assist last night. He was also a +2.

YMCMBYOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Flames92

Baertschi with another goal so far today, hes heating up

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:00 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Baertschi with another goal so far today, hes heating up
Gotta say, I'm liking the highlights I've seen of bartschi lately. Been a big fan of this kid since day 1, with a little more muscle he should be the real deal.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:39 PM
F l a m e s
#winitforgio

Really happy/excited to see Baertschi regaining his confidence and finding the back of the net. I hope we keep him in Abby while this mess/turmoil is sorted out. Give him a top-6 spot next year, and let him fly!

F l a m e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:54 PM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Gotta say, I'm liking the highlights I've seen of bartschi lately. Been a big fan of this kid since day 1, with a little more muscle he should be the real deal.
Don't know how much more muscle his frame could realistically carry without being a detriment; if he really is 5'10 and 180+, he's already a pretty tanky kid.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:08 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Don't know how much more muscle his frame could realistically carry without being a detriment; if he really is 5'10 and 180+, he's already a pretty tanky kid.
His legs are weak. He could really build more strength through his lower body to be more effective down low. just look at what Brodie did this past offseason. Baertschi will never be the strongest guy but he has to find ways to best larger opponents along the boards.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:46 PM
TychoFan

So I just checked some AHL stats, isn't the AHL season 72 games? It kind of looks like we didn't make the playoffs this year. How are the players there though?

TychoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:58 AM
bigchief12

Any Heat superfans have a report on Nemisz? This was his final year of current contract I think and I keep waiting for him to take the next step. Is he going to be a bust?

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:05 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
Any Heat superfans have a report on Nemisz? This was his final year of current contract I think and I keep waiting for him to take the next step. Is he going to be a bust?
He has not had a great year. He has had zero puck luck this year and injury problems to start the year. He is the Heat's best player along the boards, he goes to the net and is a major factor in Reinhart's emergence. Defensively and on the penalty kill he is as good or better than anyone.

Also Nemisz was always believed to be a long term project because it takes power forwards longer to develop. This year has been the first of his development where he did not improve considerably from the year before, so I would definitely give him a 1 year contract to show that this year was no more than an off year for him.

As for being a bust, no one ever thought he would be more than a 3rd liner with PK time, he could still easily reach that.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:24 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
Starting to look like a "career AHL" guy..could still top out as an average, gritty 3rd liner but 4th liner is more likely.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:26 PM
bigchief12

I actually though he was a solid second line hopeful. Good to know he's still potentially in the mix.

Blair Jones has me wondering too. Did he deflower an owner's daughter or something? He wasn't great but not terrible either and was banished under a cloak of mystery. Especially given current circumstances, you'd think he might get called back up?

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote