HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Miller, Thomas Vanek, Jason Pominville, Drew Stafford

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 08:35 PM
  #326
Greater Malison
He Knows. You Don't.
 
Greater Malison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Greater Malison
Kings fan here. Can i get a scouting report on Regehr? Is he positionally sound, can he move the puck up the ice ok? We're now starting to learn that Willie Mitchell will not be back this season and the Kings are going to have to acquire at least 1 Dman.

Greater Malison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
  #327
Rhett4
Cassidy Must Go
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greater Malison View Post
Kings fan here. Can i get a scouting report on Regehr? Is he positionally sound, can he move the puck up the ice ok? We're now starting to learn that Willie Mitchell will not be back this season and the Kings are going to have to acquire at least 1 Dman.
He's not the player he used to be. He's slowed down a bit and his turns aren't super sharp. Still, you could do a lot worse if you need a veteran shutdown defenseman. As for your specific questions...he's never really been a puck mover, but he's a solid positional player.

Rhett4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:44 PM
  #328
kings11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
would a 3rd be enough for the Kings to land Regher since Leo went for a 2nd and 5th???

kings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:45 PM
  #329
BCS
Registered User
 
BCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
would a 3rd be enough for the Kings to land Regher since Leo went for a 2nd and 5th???
No. Regehr should be worth more than Leo.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:45 PM
  #330
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,889
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
would a 3rd be enough for the Kings to land Regher since Leo went for a 2nd and 5th???
Hell no.

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:45 PM
  #331
La Cosa Nostra
Eichel welcome 2 BUF
 
La Cosa Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
would a 3rd be enough for the Kings to land Regher since Leo went for a 2nd and 5th???
Regehr would be worth more then Leopold not less.I think Darcy will be able to get a late 1st for Regehr, or a 2nd+good prospect.A 3rd is not even close to enough for Regehr who is one of the best rentals available this season.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:48 PM
  #332
kings11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Iggy went for a 1st and two ok prospects, no way Regher is worth a late first like Iggy let alone a 1st plus...

kings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:49 PM
  #333
Rhett4
Cassidy Must Go
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
would a 3rd be enough for the Kings to land Regher since Leo went for a 2nd and 5th???
No. The thought seems to be that Regehr's worth more to a playoff team than Leopold.

Rhett4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:51 PM
  #334
Rhett4
Cassidy Must Go
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
Iggy went for a 1st and two ok prospects, no way Regher is worth a late first like Iggy let alone a 1st plus...
Iggy's NMC played a role in that since they had a much better offer on the table from Boston but he refused to waive for them. With that said, Regehr also has a clause which could make it tougher to move him. If he doesn't want to go to LA, then it doesn't matter what the deal is.

Rhett4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:51 PM
  #335
kings11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
No. The thought seems to be that Regehr's worth more to a playoff team than Leopold.
i agree but other than the Pens, teams aren't throwing around 1st rounders and thats why this trade deadline is turning into a dud.

kings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:54 PM
  #336
Rhett4
Cassidy Must Go
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
i agree but other than the Pens, teams aren't throwing around 1st rounders and thats why this trade deadline is turning into a dud.
It's a little early to say that. The deadline is days away, at which point GMs become more desperate.

Rhett4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:55 PM
  #337
BCS
Registered User
 
BCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
Iggy went for a 1st and two ok prospects, no way Regher is worth a late first like Iggy let alone a 1st plus...
Gaustad went for a first-rounder at the 11th hour of last year's deadline. Teams panic to fill needs for the playoffs at the last second. Some contending team's GM could view Regehr as a quintessential playoff D-man with his shutdown reputation and physicality, even though his footspeed and puck-moving abilities are nonexistent, and pay through the nose for him at 2:59 on Wednesday.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:58 PM
  #338
kings11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
It's a little early to say that. The deadline is days away, at which point GMs become more desperate.
things should get real interesting real soon. btw good luck to you guys on a quick rebuild i've always liked Buf.

kings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:58 PM
  #339
Rhett4
Cassidy Must Go
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Call Saul View Post
Gaustad went for a first-rounder at the 11th hour of last year's deadline. Teams panic to fill needs for the playoffs at the last second. Some contending team's GM could view Regehr as a quintessential playoff D-man with his shutdown reputation and physicality, even though his footspeed and puck-moving abilities are nonexistent, and pay through the nose for him at 2:59 on Wednesday.
Regehr's NMC is going to make it a little tougher than waiting until the last minute for max value. If you do that and he says "no," then Regier will be stuck with his **** in his hand. Regier needs to trade him early enough that he can trade him again and again if need be. Or he can just say, "Hey, Regehr, you're toast, so give me a few teams you'd accept right now and let's do this."

I'm really curious how this Regehr thing plays out.

Rhett4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:02 PM
  #340
BCS
Registered User
 
BCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,739
vCash: 500
True. Whatever time of day, the point still stands. Let's just hope he agrees to waive.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:03 PM
  #341
kings11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
Regehr's NMC is going to make it a little tougher than waiting until the last minute for max value. If you do that and he says "no," then Regier will be stuck with his **** in his hand. Regier needs to trade him early enough that he can trade him again and again if need be. Or he can just say, "Hey, Regehr, you're toast, so give me a few teams you'd accept right now and let's do this."

I'm really curious how this Regehr thing plays out.
THIS!!! is why players shouldn't have NMC, it should be like baseball with 10/5=years in the league/with the team.teams should be allowed to get the best return possible and speed up a rebuild.

kings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:04 PM
  #342
Dubi Doo
Registered User
 
Dubi Doo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
Iggy went for a 1st and two ok prospects, no way Regher is worth a late first like Iggy let alone a 1st plus...
You do understand you're not trading with Calgary, right?

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:11 PM
  #343
kings11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
You do understand you're not trading with Calgary, right?
you do realize he's not the same player as before he might be worth what Leo got but no more dont fool yourselves

kings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
  #344
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,889
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
you do realize he's not the same player as before he might be worth what Leo got but no more dont fool yourselves
Douglas Murray got two 2nds and Regehr is better than him at this point.

So, yeah. A 1st is not out of the question.

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:15 PM
  #345
kings11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Douglas Murray got two 2nds and Regehr is better than him at this point.

So, yeah. A 1st is not out of the question.
thats debatable

kings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:17 PM
  #346
camcool21
Registered User
 
camcool21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
you do realize he's not the same player as before he might be worth what Leo got but no more dont fool yourselves
Leo is way worse than Regehr. I think he can get a late first or an early second. A seasoned vet with "toughness" who can play top-4 minutes isn't going to be cheap.

camcool21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:17 PM
  #347
kings11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcool21 View Post
Leo is way worse than Regehr. I think he can get a late first or an early second. A seasoned vet with "toughness" who can play top-4 minutes isn't going to be cheap.
2nd and a 5th?

kings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:22 PM
  #348
Husko
Registered User
 
Husko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York, NY
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,994
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
THIS!!! is why players shouldn't have NMC, it should be like baseball with 10/5=years in the league/with the team.teams should be allowed to get the best return possible and speed up a rebuild.
Then maybe teams shouldn't hand out NMCs like they are candy...

Husko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:25 PM
  #349
kings11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husko View Post
Then maybe teams shouldn't hand out NMCs like they are candy...
CBA

kings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:26 PM
  #350
camcool21
Registered User
 
camcool21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
2nd and a 5th?
Closer, but the Kings will probably have a late 2nd, which will maybe be more like a 3rd...

I think a realistic trade will be to a team offering more than that.

camcool21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.