HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Miller on trading block (Millard - Tampa Bay inquiring)

Old
03-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Shoey
Hello.

vCash: 500
the idea that a team is getting Thomas Vanek for anything less than the original Rick Nash price amuses me.

Vanek is one of the most consistent scorers in the league over a period of 8 years now, if you want him... be prepared to send several top prospects, an NHL forward, and multiple 1st round picks to get him. NHL teams do not let go of players like Vanek unless it's an unbelievable package.

Shoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
I disagree. Enroth could easily fill the starter role. I would trade Miller without getting another goalie, but if we could get a Bernier type in a follow up trade, all the better.
Your missing my point....

This isn't the issue of if enroth could play starter and they call up a goalie from Rochester.

I am thinking from the standpoint of price to acquire another goalie.

Say the are trading a package of Stafford + Regehr for a pick and two young players. They still have Miller.

Say they are trading with LA ( this inst a debate above trade value) among other NHL teams....

The LA offer would be bernier + for Stafford and Regehr

--- by trading Miller first they lose the "+" in the deal because ther perceived need of goalie has increased.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:20 PM
camcool21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Your missing my point....

This isn't the issue of if enroth could play starter and they call up a goalie from Rochester.

I am thinking from the standpoint of price to acquire another goalie.

Say the are trading a package of Stafford + Regehr for a pick and two young players. They still have Miller.

Say they are trading with LA ( this inst a debate above trade value) among other NHL teams....

The LA offer would be bernier + for Stafford and Regehr

--- by trading Miller first they lose the "+" in the deal because ther perceived need of goalie has increased.
I don't think a perceived need of goalie will compromise their bargaining position if they appear committed to giving Enroth the rest of the year. It only will if they seem desperate to make a move for a goalie before the end of the year (which would be dumb, and Regier is a pretty crafty dude).

camcool21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcool21 View Post
I don't think a perceived need of goalie will compromise their bargaining position if they appear committed to giving Enroth the rest of the year. It only will if they seem desperate to make a move for a goalie before the end of the year (which would be dumb, and Regier is a pretty crafty dude).
Exactly. And, if they acquire a goalie before moving Miller they would have three on the NHL roster and 6 total under contract. (7 with Makarov?). Therefore making us appear much more desperate to trade Miller and diminishing the return for him.

Digable5 is offline   Reply With Quote