Lucic and Horton

Old
03-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainone99 View Post
I'm not a huge Krejci fan, but he is playing a lot better than Lucic an Horton. I think it's difficult for him right now cause he is trying to do too much. That line is base on getting pucks in deep and working the boards, but the wingers are not winning those battles an are not getting to lose pucks he may be trying to do too much, but Lucic has lost many pucks in his own end that have ended up in the back of the net, so your argument of giveways do not help you.
Really, cause Krejci has done this more then a few times himself, more then Lucic and Horton combined with strange little passes in front of his net or up the boards. He did it a couple of times today again as well near the end of the first. I always thought Krejci was rather solid defensively, not sure what has happened to that aspect of his game the last two seasons but it isn't near good enough.

Lucic and Horton actually had pretty good games today I thought, Set Krejci up a couple of times perfectly... Horton in particular did more to create offense today then either of the other two.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:01 PM
rainone99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Really, cause Krejci has done this more then a few times himself, more then Lucic and Horton combined with strange little passes in front of his net or up the boards. He did it a couple of times today again as well near the end of the first. I always thought Krejci was rather solid defensively, not sure what has happened to that aspect of his game the last two seasons but it isn't near good enough.

Lucic and Horton actually had pretty good games today I thought, Set Krejci up a couple of times perfectly... Horton in particular did more to create offense today then either of the other two.
I am not going by today's game only, if I did that I'd still be watching the Washington Boston game 2 weeks ago... On the whole Krejci does a lot more for this team than Horton does...

If i just looked at today's game Bergeron would be sent down to the minors... Gotta be honest, cap situations and all, Horton will not be back next year, this team is not challenging anyone for the cup at this point, time to get an asset for him.

rainone99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
DougiesGoingDeep

Wonder if the Kings would give up Toffoli for Horton

DougiesGoingDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:13 PM
hemispheres

Quote:
Can we finally and seriously be honest about making a move with these 2 players?

Horton won't be here next year and a Chicago or Anaheim may wanna add a piece like him for a stretch run. So get something for him now. Trade him to Pittsburgh even, they seem to be in the market for rentals

As for Lucic, he is not and will never be the player he was 3 or 4 years ago. Time for a change for Looch and get some real scorers to play with Krejci.

I think patience is wearing thin for these 2 guys, and Chia needs to clean up his 6 million dollar mess. The tough and rough identity is long and gone, they don't scare anyone anymore especially the way these 2 guys have turned out.
second that motion

hemispheres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:53 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Horton and Lucic are so soft, that they've been invited on tour this summer with Christopher Cross. Saaaiiiiiiillllliiiingggg.....
Need to split them up. Nate is turning Looch softer then Murray did Jumbo Joe.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
HORTON and FERENCE

could indeed be traded as I feel PC essentially hinted toward that when he related that pending UFAs as rentals are a valuable trading asset this season, including our own, or words to that effect, during the post IGINLA trade presser. Bruins are in good standing point wise but there's something wrong with this team right now (chemistry, coaching, fat cat syndrome, who knows) and I don't see them making it very deep into the playoffs. I suspect some of the guys who played within their strengths in 11, think they are more skilled then they really are and have abandoned what made them successful in the first place. PC is a patient guy but I would think he's probably not very pleased with the teams efforts of late and is contemplating substantial changes.

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24 View Post
could indeed be traded as I feel PC essentially hinted toward that when he related that pending UFAs as rentals are a valuable trading asset this season, including our own, or words to that effect, during the post IGINLA trade presser. Bruins are in good standing point wise but there's something wrong with this team right now (chemistry, coaching, fat cat syndrome, who knows) and I don't see them making it very deep into the playoffs. I suspect some of the guys who played within their strengths in 11, think they are more skilled then they really are and have abandoned what made them successful in the first place. PC is a patient guy but I would think he's probably not very pleased with the teams efforts of late and is contemplating substantial changes.

OMG didnt you know that Nathan Horton has a NTC!?!?? Good thing Peter Chiarelli doesnt read this board. We should never trade any Bruins ever never ever!11!1

/artemisrant

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
I am not going by today's game only, if I did that I'd still be watching the Washington Boston game 2 weeks ago... On the whole Krejci does a lot more for this team than Horton does...

If i just looked at today's game Bergeron would be sent down to the minors... Gotta be honest, cap situations and all, Horton will not be back next year, this team is not challenging anyone for the cup at this point, time to get an asset for him.
Nor am I, I've seen multiple examples of Krejci coughing up pucks in his own zone, at times in front of his own net and at times leading directly to goals. I've seen more situations where his creativity causes issues for that line through the neutral zone and at the opposing blue line... it's his tendency to float silky smooth passes through multiple defenders, and when it works it's absolutely beautiful. When it doesn't, and that seems to be the norm of late, it creates bad situations for the Bruins. I have no idea why Jack and Brick were so up Krejci's ass today but it seems to have caught on, Horton is the only on that line who should get a freebie today.

Agree about Horton overall though, he's had a horrid start to the season. He's picked it up the last couple of games though so hopefully we're starting to see him turn it around... concussions are a hell of a thing and have slowed down better players for longer. I'd take issue with Julien for not splitting up that line, because my head tells me it's long long over due... but Julien has a tendency to make me look pretty dumb anytime I criticize him so I've learned my lesson.

And if I just looked at todays game I most certainly would not send Bergeron to the minors, even when he isn't creating offensively he's rock solid in his own end.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:37 PM
mattbnh

There is no shortage of wrong with this team right now, but it starts with the injury to Kelly.
The ripple effects of that - Pandolfo for one and Caron for another, allow other teams to concentrate against the top six. Can you remember a Pandolfo shot on goal? Hint - he has had 7 in 14 games. That is a career low shot rate for him. Caron has 7 shots in 11 games. Caron has career-ending linemates for gosh sakes. Peverly might as well not know Caron's name and number - he ignores his existence and tries to be a one man line.

That is not to absolve Lucic and Horton by a long shot. Horton has spurts of consciousness, sometimes during which the opposition forgets he can actually move, and so he scores an occasional goal, like today. Most of the time, "third man high" might as well be literal, because Horton plays and puckhandles like he was in a stupor. I'm surprised he doesn't have the munchies on the bench. Unlike Peverly, Krejci plays like he has two linemates, but the net result is turnovers 50% of the time, since Horton watching cartoons in his brain and watching the ads on the boards melt.

Solution? They need to find someone to substitute for Pandolfo and make other teams respect the third line, otherwise the first two will continue to get smothered. Maybe move Horton to line three and move Seguin up to Krejci's line, put Caron on line two, and put Daugavins on line three or four (maybe Paille-Pevs-Horton to try something different. Try it in the Buffalo game - it can't hardly be worse.

mattbnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:21 PM
kytem2

Horton was just like this pre-concussion, why do you think Florida traded him for Dennis Wideman ?

Posters here are asking if they have ever seen a Pandolfo shot on goal (a rare sighting, sure), but has anyone ever seen Nathan Horton actually complete a successsful stick handle around anyone ?

kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post
Horton was just like this pre-concussion, why do you think Florida traded him for Dennis Wideman ?

Posters here are asking if they have ever seen a Pandolfo shot on goal (a rare sighting, sure), but has anyone ever seen Nathan Horton actually complete a successsful stick handle around anyone ?
Yes. This year, in fact.

Sir Richard 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:34 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Richard 37 View Post
Yes. This year, in fact.

This is about as common as seeing Hailey's Comet.

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:40 PM
DougiesGoingDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
This is about as common as seeing Hailey's Comet.
Not to mention that could easily be a nominee for "worst team defensive effort for a goal allowed" this season.

Although I do remember watching that game and thinking horton was certain to turn the corner from that point on and go back to his pre-concussion form

DougiesGoingDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Neely08

Problem w/ this line is they are so slow out of their end, it's always stacked up against them.

Saw at least four times today where Lucic ran someone over on the forecheck, makes a pass, they either flub the chance, or cycle it to the point, who hesitate, miss the net, make a terrible pass, cough it up.

Ever notice it isn't so hard for other teams to get shots on Tuukka and look for rebounds? Nope. It's all a/b cycling it on the perimeter, until you have no where left to cycle it to, and the whole line is gassed.

Yeah, trade Lucic. That will be hysterical. That will be full out awesome for Krejci's possession game.

They need speed, period. Try Seguin or Peverley.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:46 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Problem w/ this line is they are so slow out of their end, it's always stacked up against them.

Saw at least four times today where Lucic ran someone over on the forecheck, makes a pass, they either flub the chance, or cycle it to the point, who hesitate, miss the net, make a terrible pass, cough it up.

Ever notice it isn't so hard for other teams to get shots on Tuukka and look for rebounds? Nope. It's all a/b cycling it on the perimeter, until you have no where left to cycle it to, and the whole line is gassed.

Yeah, trade Lucic. That will be hysterical. That will be full out awesome for Krejci's possession game.

They need speed, period. Try Seguin or Peverley.
It's really that simple...They just someone with some speed to back the D in a little bit so they can cross with possession. No idea why Claude is so stubborn...but then again he already lost a job being that way...

Old
03-30-2013, 08:41 PM
kytem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Richard 37 View Post
Yes. This year, in fact.

Wow, you do have a great memory, back in January, Horton actually moved around some other player, without getting the puck moved off his stick.

Must not have been checking his blackberry or something.

kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:47 PM
chizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Need to split them up. Nate is turning Looch softer then Murray did Jumbo Joe.
And slowing him down too. Plays a faster game with Seguin and is more involved.

chizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:22 PM
WBC8

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...-two-reactions

Julien recognized that Horton and David Krejci were probably his best forwards on the day,

Old
03-31-2013, 01:04 AM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
It's really that simple...They just someone with some speed to back the D in a little bit so they can cross with possession. No idea why Claude is so stubborn...but then again he already lost a job being that way...
Speed would help, but with Satan they weren't speedy and everything was fine. Lucic and the current version of Horton are complementary top 6 foward imo. That's great if there's one complementary playing with two legetimate top 6. But here it's not the case. This line hasn't enough skill so they needs to grind it out for alot of their goals. Lucic and Horton can't grind it every game at 100%, even to 4th line who's there just for that can't to it every game. It's just too taxing on the body and with age, money, security, etc. players tend to be less agressive, it's totally human.

Speed is never a bad idea, but first and for most they need a guy with legitimate top 6 skills imo.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:06 AM
doakacola*

Lucic
Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Speed would help, but with Satan they weren't speedy and everything was fine. Lucic and the current version of Horton are complementary top 6 foward imo. That's great if there's one complementary playing with two legetimate top 6. But here it's not the case. This line hasn't enough skill so they needs to grind it out for alot of their goals. Lucic and Horton can't grind it every game at 100%, even to 4th line who's there just for that can't to it every game. It's just too taxing on the body and with age, money, security, etc. players tend to be less agressive, it's totally human.

Speed is never a bad idea, but first and for most they need a guy with legitimate top 6 skills imo.
Lucic - Krejci - Horton proved in the 2011 PO they can be a force. Don't think for one second that
Julian will attempt to trade off Seguin and Horton before the PO start or until FORCED to in the PO. Claude will always revert to the reality of the 2011 PO. Who the hell can blame him? That was reality, not faceless armchair GM here and I certainly include myself.

They will add to the 3rd line and get a clear upgrade from Johnson, Krug or Bartkowski. I do believe PC
is ok with that.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:12 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post

Everything was fine?

Krejci 40gp 10g 21a 31pts
Satan 38gp 9g 5a 14pts
Lucic 40gp 7g 8a 15pts

That's those three players stat lines in the regular season once Satan was acquired. Doesn't really look fine.

Sure Satan and Krejci looked pretty good in the Buffalo series mind you, but that's a 6 game sample size and most players tend to get up for matches against their former team. Lucic actually performed better that year after Krejci went down against Philly. I don't believe he scored a goal up until that point in that post season, then scored 5 goals in 6 games.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:43 AM
Montreal Shadow

You guys are still looking to trade Horton? I think Montreal would be really interested in him. The wings need some meat and grit. He's a better version of Erik Cole who isn't looking for a retirement home. No way you'd deal him to a division rival but I understand his contract ends this year, correct? What are the chances of Boston resigning him?

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
You guys are still looking to trade Horton? I think Montreal would be really interested in him. The wings need some meat and grit. He's a better version of Erik Cole who isn't looking for a retirement home. No way you'd deal him to a division rival but I understand his contract ends this year, correct? What are the chances of Boston resigning him?
There would be a lot of teams interested in Horton, we suffer from the grass is always greener syndrome over here.

Luckily our GM more often then not doesnt

Old
03-31-2013, 08:55 AM
SPLBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Unless he finishes up strong I doubt Boston resigns him, guy shows up about once every 7-8 games, dosen't use his size anymore, loses puck battles all over the ice and just dosen't seem to care. I was a Horton supporter earlier in the season as I thought that Boston really couldn't afford to lose his size and skill package, but after watching his act I think we need to replace him with someone who at least puts out the effort on a regular basis.

SPLBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

vCash: 1004
I don't understand how a player (Horton) can play this lazy under a team he was once content (hopefully, still is. But the way he plays can differ) is playing so lazy and careless.

Yes, I understand that he hasn't played in a year before the season began. And he isn't playing like "Nasty Nate" that we all love to watch - most likely because of his concussion. But this is his year (UFA at the end of the season). You would think he would play with more energy. And if he's not playing aggressive ala "Nasty Nate" you would think he would find other ways to bring his "A" game.

I really do hope he finds his energy before it's too late because he, like Lucic, are very important to the bruins style.

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote