HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No double entendre today | Jets lose 3-1 to Lina

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 06:29 PM
  #51
jetsfan8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsBeCool View Post
You remind me of the callers on 1290 who call in to complain about the forwards we have and expect to get better players out of no where. Where are you going to get better forwards from to replace those guys? The good ol NHL tree? Just for the Jets picking? Oh look a fresh crosby for us to pick up. Get real. This is what the Jets have and for what we have being in the position that we are, I am impressed.
all i want is proper lines
you dont play your two worst players on the second line and give them 20+ minutes of ice time every night
we play a three line system, with jokinen and miteinnen on line #2

i dont ask for new superstars to be yanked in, i ask for common sense on the line creations

jetsfan8 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:33 PM
  #52
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,544
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Weird vibe around here after a loss.

They miss guys like Slater, Wright, & Peluso right now, guys that play a heavier game and bring some effort on the forecheck. That explains why the Jets are going with three lines right now, because one line is missing from the equation. I'd like to see them sign Lowry and at least bring him in to skate with the team; not at all stating they should waste a year of his contract but rather just to bring him in for a look and see if his feet can keep up for a game or two if possible. Call up O'Dell too. An infusion of some youth around a team at this time of year serves to push the pace in-house and motivates vets in the process.

Whatever. Despite all of the warts that some here wish to highlight... they are still leading the pack right now. The Jets current position in the standings beats the heck out of where they stood last season at the same time (comparatively speaking).
I think Wright and Slater are sorely missed, gutless performers like Wellwood, Tangradi, Mittens, Jokinen and Burmi don't bring the intensity to overcome B games by the teams top players.

What O'Dell is still doing in the A is puzzling when your getting basically nothing from a handful of forwards.

sipowicz is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:36 PM
  #53
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka
 
JustBeCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winterpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,958
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
all i want is proper lines
you dont play your two worst players on the second line and give them 20+ minutes of ice time every night
we play a three line system, with jokinen and miteinnen on line #2

i dont ask for new superstars to be yanked in, i ask for common sense on the line creations
Not many options when it comes to second line. Most of the players we have are third liners. Jets need a top 6 right winger bad but not as easy to obtain as most think.

JustBeCool is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:37 PM
  #54
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby
 
DarthMonty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Optimismville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,347
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
all i want is proper lines
you dont play your two worst players on the second line and give them 20+ minutes of ice time every night
we play a three line system, with jokinen and miteinnen on line #2

i dont ask for new superstars to be yanked in, i ask for common sense on the line creations
Fair enough - what player combinations would you consider proper lines? And, how would you manage those lines in a game like this one?

Remember, you've got to match them against the 'Canes lines for the best results, AND you've got to play the D pairings with the 4 line combos you put together. And, don't forget the Jets played almost a quarter of the game short-handed, so you've got to account for the PK players, and keeping them from getting gassed too early.

So with all that, what would be your 4 line combos?

DarthMonty is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:39 PM
  #55
ICdave
HFB Partner
 
ICdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Post-game audio



Jets - Bogosian, Wheeler, Ladd and Pavelec.

To listen click here.



Coach Noel less than pleased.

To listen click here.



Canes: Coach Muller and Eric Staal.

To listen click here.



Guest Host Michael Remis and Analyst Richard Pollock break down the Jets play against the Hurricanes.

To listen click here.

ICdave is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:41 PM
  #56
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,544
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
Fair enough - what player combinations would you consider proper lines? And, how would you manage those lines in a game like this one?

Remember, you've got to match them against the 'Canes lines for the best results, AND you've got to play the D pairings with the 4 line combos you put together. And, don't forget the Jets played almost a quarter of the game short-handed, so you've got to account for the PK players, and keeping them from getting gassed too early.

So with all that, what would be your 4 line combos?
I think with Kulda, Stu back in on D you could play Meech and Clitsome at forward positions and get better results than the anaemic forwards we have in right now.

sipowicz is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:44 PM
  #57
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
all i want is proper lines
you dont play your two worst players on the second line and give them 20+ minutes of ice time every night
we play a three line system, with jokinen and miteinnen on line #2

i dont ask for new superstars to be yanked in, i ask for common sense on the line creations
Olli and Anti played 16:47 minutes and 14:11 minutes tonight. They were +2 and combined for 1g and 1a and 3 shots.

On that note I don't think they have ever played 20 minutes in a game, and have averaged 17:33 and 13:16 per game this season.

It's unusual that you would single them out this game, as they are the only line that produced a goal. I can only assume this just a rage reaction to the loss, bolstered by your well-documented dislike of them.

Also, to respond to your earlier thread, Pavelec did not play badly today. One goal off a deflection off of a skate. The PP goal can not be counted against him. The first goal wan't terrible either. Even if you take away the first goal, the Jets still failed to score 2 goals, so he was not one of the 'big reasons we lost the game'.

Turbofan is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:44 PM
  #58
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
I think with Kulda, Stu back in on D you could play Meech and Clitsome at forward positions and get better results than the anaemic forwards we have in right now.
nope

GermanJetsFan is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:45 PM
  #59
Rook37
Registered User
 
Rook37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 632
vCash: 391
Reality check? Our dreams and the Jets that inspire them were grounded today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Well we got pulled back on the floor/earth today (does this exist in english? ).

Rook37 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:45 PM
  #60
surge1979
Registered User
 
surge1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsBeCool View Post
You remind me of the callers on 1290 who call in to complain about the forwards we have and expect to get better players out of no where. Where are you going to get better forwards from to replace those guys? The good ol NHL tree? Just for the Jets picking? Oh look a fresh crosby for us to pick up. Get real. This is what the Jets have and for what we have being in the position that we are, I am impressed.
And you remind me of someone who started watching hockey again in September 2011 and is just happy to be back in the league. Which is fine, but rather than putting words in my mouth or insulting me, maybe try refuting what I was saying.

Those 7 forwards I named have scored 16 goals in 34 games. If you include Burmistrov (3), Wright (1) and Slater (1) - players that deserve a roster spot but haven't produced offensively - that puts us at 20 goals in 34 games from 10 of 14 forwards.

If you don't think foward depth is a problem on this team, I can't help you. Glad you're following the NHL again though.

surge1979 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:47 PM
  #61
Boreal
Registered User
 
Boreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
If hockey was a non-contact sport, Kyle Wellwood would be awesome. Unforutnately...

Not our proudest effort. Byfuglien was not good. Oddly enough, I thought Mittens had himself a decent evening. If you are getting okay play from Mittens, and you kill 6 penalties, you should be able to get a win off of a 3rd string goalie. Alas, we spent the evening trying to soften his pads, and the puck stayed out of the net.

All things considered, I'm very disappointed.

Boreal is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:49 PM
  #62
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Well we got pulled back on the floor/earth today (does this exist in english? ).
'Fell back down to earth' is the saying you're looking for I think.

Turbofan is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:51 PM
  #63
jetsfan8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
Fair enough - what player combinations would you consider proper lines? And, how would you manage those lines in a game like this one?

Remember, you've got to match them against the 'Canes lines for the best results, AND you've got to play the D pairings with the 4 line combos you put together. And, don't forget the Jets played almost a quarter of the game short-handed, so you've got to account for the PK players, and keeping them from getting gassed too early.

So with all that, what would be your 4 line combos?
Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Antropov-Burmistrov
Slater-Jokinen-Wellwood
Wright-Miettinen-Peluso

nect year antropov would be replaced by someone (whether its a trade, FA, or whatever

jetsfan8 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:51 PM
  #64
Boreal
Registered User
 
Boreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
I should qualify my previous post by making it clear that I do not believe that Mittens belongs anywhere near an NHL top-6. I just meant he was not a disaster today. Basically, he was not Wellwood-bad, which is a notch or two below disgustingly terrible.

Boreal is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:52 PM
  #65
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,400
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
If hockey was a non-contact sport, Kyle Wellwood would be awesome. Unforutnately...
He had a horrible shift where he coughed it up twice I think, and almost a third time where he poked the puck up, but a Jet managed to get to it first. Still, damn sloppy and probably one of the worst shifts of any player in the game.

Turbofan is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:59 PM
  #66
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,544
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
He had a horrible shift where he coughed it up twice I think, and almost a third time where he poked the puck up, but a Jet managed to get to it first. Still, damn sloppy and probably one of the worst shifts of any player in the game.
I think I could count on a hand of a man missing fingers how many good games Wellwood has had this season. If Slater and Wright were back Welly would be sitting next game.

sipowicz is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:00 PM
  #67
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Antropov-Burmistrov
Slater-Jokinen-Wellwood
Wright-Miettinen-Peluso

nect year antropov would be replaced by someone (whether its a trade, FA, or whatever
Slater and Miettinen are in positions that they've never played for the entirety of their careers, as far as I'm aware.

I like the look of that 2nd line, although I'd prefer Burmistrov down the middle and Antropov on the wing.

Hank Chinaski is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:02 PM
  #68
JetsTrueNorth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
Put Kulda in for Buff against the Rangers please
He should be riding the pine. Has been awful for the last 12-15 games

JetsTrueNorth is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:02 PM
  #69
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Slater and Miettinen are in positions that they've never played for the entirety of their careers, as far as I'm aware.

I like the look of that 2nd line, although I'd prefer Burmistrov down the middle and Antropov on the wing.
I've been spouting for a while:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Antropov-Burmistrov
Miettinen-Jokinen-Wellwood
Wright-Slater-Peluso

As, Burmistrov says (something along the lines of): I can like playing wing with Antro, as him and I will swap roles on the ice if it is needed.
(His broken English was kind of like that)

Ironically this is where Kane, Jokinen, Antropov, Burmistrov and Wellwood have seen their best numbers, offensively + defensively, and goals + corsi(chances)

garret9 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:02 PM
  #70
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Antropov-Burmistrov
Slater-Jokinen-Wellwood
Wright-Miettinen-Peluso

nect year antropov would be replaced by someone (whether its a trade, FA, or whatever
LLW
Kane Burmi Antro
Wright Joki Welly
Peluso Slater Mittens

And swap Joki and Antro when needed.

Its frustrating to see the team lose, but in pro hockey you can't win them all, but you can control your next five games, go 3-2 and you are well positioned.

puck stoppa is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:03 PM
  #71
surge1979
Registered User
 
surge1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsBeCool View Post
Not many options when it comes to second line. Most of the players we have are third liners. Jets need a top 6 right winger bad but not as easy to obtain as most think.
Thats right, these players don't just grow on the ol NHL tree, like some of us 1290 callers think. Could you imagine what we could do if Cammalleri, Jagr, Pominville, Roy, Ribeiro, Boyes, Ott, Clowe were available?

surge1979 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:03 PM
  #72
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka
 
JustBeCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winterpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,958
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge1979 View Post
And you remind me of someone who started watching hockey again in September 2011 and is just happy to be back in the league. Which is fine, but rather than putting words in my mouth or insulting me, maybe try refuting what I was saying.

Those 7 forwards I named have scored 16 goals in 34 games. If you include Burmistrov (3), Wright (1) and Slater (1) - players that deserve a roster spot but haven't produced offensively - that puts us at 20 goals in 34 games from 10 of 14 forwards.

If you don't think foward depth is a problem on this team, I can't help you. Glad you're following the NHL again though.
I don't disagree that forward depth is an issue, but what did you expect? The team was brought in from Atlanta and initially did not have much forward depth to begin with. This is just the second season of the Jets coming back. How can you expect a huge forward overhaul in that short span. The Jet's management plan on building through the draft. Doesn't that take time?

I understand the frustration but your post is just rant and no solution (maybe just stating the obvious). I apologize for grouping you in with the callers on 1290 and didn't mean to offend. It just sounded like you wanted to throw every Jet under the bus over one loss and my bad for assuming I guess. I honestly admit, I didn't follow the NHL until the Jets came back but I don't get what is wrong for being a new fan.

JustBeCool is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:07 PM
  #73
mondo3
Registered User
 
mondo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 890
vCash: 500
Is it my imagination, or have we lost virtually every afternoon game?

mondo3 is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:07 PM
  #74
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,393
vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge1979 View Post
Thats right, these players don't just grow on the ol NHL tree, like some of us 1290 callers think. Could you imagine what we could do if Cammalleri, Jagr, Pominville, Roy, Ribeiro, Boyes, Ott, Clowe were available?
I imagine what we will do is watch those players be traded to some other team.

broinwhyteridge is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:08 PM
  #75
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,393
vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
Is it my imagination, or have we lost virtually every afternoon game?
Just the ones we've played in.

Although... wasn't that 1-0 in Ottawa an afternoon game too?

broinwhyteridge is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.