HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jordan Leopold to Blues for draft picks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 06:17 PM
  #51
Colt 55
RIP Oscar and Jose
 
Colt 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eureka
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 10,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Maybe you aren't watching the play correctly?

See how this can go yet?
yes, we know how it goes on hf, but you probably share your opinion alone if you think Russell is not deserving of playing time. You want to talk about bad defensive play, start talking about petro.

Colt 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:17 PM
  #52
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 72,102
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I do. But it's pretty unanimous on my side of the equation, including the coaching staff and GM, so I'm gonna go with you're bad at evaluating Kris Russell and leave it at that.
Ok it's obvious you are right. Every defenseman playing in the NHL is better than every defenseman who isn't. Fact.

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:18 PM
  #53
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Armstrong, yesterday:

Quote:
"I don't think bringing in depth right now is going to fix the areas where we're springing a leak. So it's either give up something of true value in the future for something that we think can make an immediate difference now. But even if you wanted to – we talked about it – move a core player, no one's moving core players right now, it's just not the time that that happens."
Armstrong, today:

Quote:
"I think you're always looking," Armstrong said. "The phones aren't going to stop ringing until Wednesday at 2 o'clock central time. We're always going to be listening, but we feel a lot stronger. We feel our depth is much more improved as of 3 o'clock today than it was at 3 o'clock yesterday."
okayyy ...

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:20 PM
  #54
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 72,102
vCash: 50
Either way, IMO team would do better with Cole in and Russel out. Thats what I was saying.

You guys can show your love for Russel to someone else

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:20 PM
  #55
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Ok it's obvious you are right. Every defenseman playing in the NHL is better than every defenseman who isn't. Fact.
Who claimed that? What is that?

We were talking about whether Kris Russell has been "very unreliable" in every game you've watched this season. And you're just wrong about it, there's no way around it. You're watching games, determining Russell is "very unreliable" and being super duper wrong, so congrats.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:22 PM
  #56
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 72,102
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Who claimed that? What is that?

We were talking about whether Kris Russell has been "very unreliable" in every game you've watched this season. And you're just wrong about it, there's no way around it. You're watching games, determining Russell is "very unreliable" and being super duper wrong, so congrats.
Read your posts. Apparently by having the coaches play Russel, he's deemed worthy. That was your proof. So you claimed that.

So... congrats?

The end of that makes you seem very full of yourself

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:24 PM
  #57
YOUR FEARLESS LEADER
rip bruv/cudi
 
YOUR FEARLESS LEADER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: stl
Country: Finland
Posts: 53,987
vCash: 500
Kris Russell is not very good and never has been.

Fact

YOUR FEARLESS LEADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:25 PM
  #58
superblues
:sarcasm: implied
 
superblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Ok it's obvious you are right. Every defenseman playing in the NHL is better than every defenseman who isn't. Fact.
I disagree because an out of shape, recently retired Lidstrom is still better than most NHL defensemen.

eta, part 1: Not sure if you were serious or mocking P9. Either way, I stand by my comment.

eta, part 2: Why is P9 being trolled so hard these days?

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:26 PM
  #59
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30,873
vCash: 306
I don't understand why Russell gets hate. In the beginning he was terrible, but for awhile now, he hasn't been. Just because he is small and not overly physical and doesn't put many points up, doesn't mean he is bad.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:27 PM
  #60
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 72,102
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
I disagree because an out of shape, recently retired Lidstrom is still better than most NHL defensemen.
Well then you are agreeing with me... That was sarcasm.

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:28 PM
  #61
Colt 55
RIP Oscar and Jose
 
Colt 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eureka
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 10,735
vCash: 500
How did this become a russell pissing match?

Colt 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:28 PM
  #62
ExJbeck
Registered User
 
ExJbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500

ExJbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:29 PM
  #63
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Either way, IMO team would do better with Cole in and Russel out. Thats what I was saying.

You guys can show your love for Russel to someone else
So much logic fail. I'm a Cole backer. I think he'll be a solid NHLer. Turning a notation of Russell's much-improved play into a competition of Cole vs. Russell or "love for Russell" just underscores how poor your reasoning is. It's just noticing a guy playing very well, that's all. Sometimes the logical jumps around here are just atrocious, and this is one of those times. Saying that noticing Russell has been much better is something against Cole is stupid. Saying that noticing Russell has been much better equals "love for Russell" is just stupid.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:30 PM
  #64
superblues
:sarcasm: implied
 
superblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Well then you are agreeing with me... That was sarcasm.

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:30 PM
  #65
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
I disagree because an out of shape, recently retired Lidstrom is still better than most NHL defensemen.

eta, part 1: Not sure if you were serious or mocking P9. Either way, I stand by my comment.

eta, part 2: Why is P9 being trolled so hard these days?
These days? Lol.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:32 PM
  #66
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30,873
vCash: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
These days? Lol.
I love it, just get my popcorn and sit back lol.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:32 PM
  #67
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 72,102
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
So much logic fail. I'm a Cole backer. I think he'll be a solid NHLer. Turning a notation of Russell's much-improved play into a competition of Cole vs. Russell or "love for Russell" just underscores how poor your reasoning is. It's just noticing a guy playing very well, that's all. Sometimes the logical jumps around here are just atrocious, and this is one of those times. Saying that noticing Russell has been much better is something against Cole is stupid. Saying that noticing Russell has been much better equals "love for Russell" is just stupid.
Blocks of text are annoying to read, everything gets grouped together pretty hard.

My original post was about getting Russel out of the lineup, so playing Cole over him was part of that. My post was basically the beginning of a Cole Vs. Russel.

Not sure how you thought it was going any other way. End of my argument...

Cole and Leopold> Russel and Redden.

That is all.

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:33 PM
  #68
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 72,102
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
Must not understand sarcasm then.

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:33 PM
  #69
Colt 55
RIP Oscar and Jose
 
Colt 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eureka
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 10,735
vCash: 500
Buffalo fans sound like they think they got the better in this trade, how is that?

Colt 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:34 PM
  #70
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30,873
vCash: 306
I'm a Cole fan, but he is by far the most inconsistent player in the history of sports. He will go from playing great and shutting the other team down and the next game he will be Gusarov bad and let everyone fly right by him.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:35 PM
  #71
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 72,102
vCash: 50
Should just trade Russel for a conditional 7th.

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:36 PM
  #72
Colt 55
RIP Oscar and Jose
 
Colt 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eureka
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 10,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Should just trade Russel for a conditional 7th.
Oh my........

Colt 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:36 PM
  #73
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Blocks of text are annoying to read, everything gets grouped together pretty hard.

My original post was about getting Russel out of the lineup, so playing Cole over him was part of that. My post was basically the beginning of a Cole Vs. Russel.

Not sure how you thought it was going any other way. End of my argument...

Cole and Leopold> Russel and Redden.

That is all.
You're not sure how I could have missed that your whole point was that the Leopold trade was good so that Cole could supplant Russell ... in a post that didn't mention Cole? Yeah, how could I have missed that? I mean, it's obviously a Cole vs. Russell argument right from the getgo when Cole's not mentioned and you make a nonsensical statement about Russell being "very unreliable" in every game. You have my most insincere apology on that.

I sympathize that reading is hard. When you get those complete sentences with all the words in them it can be tough.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:36 PM
  #74
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30,873
vCash: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
Buffalo fans sound like they think they got the better in this trade, how is that?
It's like any team that is selling off their parts, the fans will be happy to see moves and get draft picks. It was good value on both ends. We have an extra 2nd anyway, so no big deal from our end. A 3rd wouldn't have got it done.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:38 PM
  #75
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 72,102
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
You're not sure how I could have missed that your whole point was that the Leopold trade was good so that Cole could supplant Russell ... in a post that didn't mention Cole? Yeah, how could I have missed that? I mean, it's obviously a Cole vs. Russell argument right from the getgo when Cole's not mentioned and you make a nonsensical statement about Russell being "very unreliable" in every game. You have my most insincere apology on that.

I sympathize that reading is hard. When you get those complete sentences with all the words in them it can be tough.
Ohh, getting offensive now. Don't worry, you insulting me over the internet doesn't hurt my feelings. Plus I know you do it a lot. You get sassy pretty easily.

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.