HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Homer Lavy bye/bye

Old
03-29-2013, 10:24 AM
SilkyMitts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
exactly

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:41 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1688
Flyers say Laviolette 'hasn't lost the room'

For additional discussion, from an article today...

Quote:
“Lavy hasn’t lost respect of the guys or lost the room or anything like that,” said Hartnell, whose club will try to get back on track against the Boston Bruins today.
Quote:
“He’s intense,” Hartnell said. “He’s everything he was when he came here. You still get fired up for his speeches and he knows the game real well. I don’t think that’s the problem. It’s that we’re not doing a great job of executing the game plan. We just have bad brain cramps for a while.”
Quote:
Players have admitted that “individual preparation,” as Kimmo Timonen put it this week, is a problem. According to them, that’s not the fault of the coach even though he’s the one who’s getting all the speculative heat about losing his job.
Quote:
“Coaches don’t like hearing all that stuff and they take that personally,” Knuble said. “It’s understandable, but I guess my thing would be don’t read it, then. Don’t go looking for it when it’s positive. Don’t go looking for it when it’s negative.”
http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...TS04/303300045

---------------------

Saturday, March 30:

Tim P.:
Quote:
Snider says all evaluations will come this summer from Holmgren. His job safe but would not comment same on Laviolette
Randy Miller:
Quote:
snider would not comment on Lavy job status. He says Homer will make call. When asked if Homer is safe, Ed Snider said "of course."

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-30-2013 at 10:43 AM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:59 PM
fibonacci*

I can't see the Flyers winning the cup in the next 10 years

Imagine if Homer were smart enough to keep Lupul, Gagne, Richards, Carter, Bob, and JVR...this team would be sooooooo much better than it is today. We may just have to simply wait until Crosby and Malkin get passed their prime, meanwhile stocking the farm up with talent, a farm that is one of the worst in the league.

fibonacci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:03 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Imagine if Homer were smart enough to keep Lupul, Gagne, Richards, Carter, Bob, and JVR...this team would be sooooooo much better than it is today. We may just have to simply wait until Crosby and Malkin get passed their prime, meanwhile stocking the farm up with talent, a farm that is one of the worst in the league.

No ones holding a gun to your head forcing you to be a fan of this team.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:07 PM
UKFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Yeah, and they've now got Giroux, Simmonds, Voracek, Couturier and the Schenns. There is not much wrong with the offensive core of this team. A lot of those guys are only going to get better. Even with your core, the team wouldn't be "sooo much better", as they'd still be lacking defence.

Also, even though the Pens have come out on top in 3 of our 4 games this year, this team, which is extremely low on confidence and has been struggling hugely, pushed them close. Hypothetically speaking, if the Flyers could get some momentum going end of the season and squeak into the Playoffs, I'd still fancy us to turn the Pens over again.

UKFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFlyers View Post
Yeah, and they've now got Giroux, Simmonds, Voracek, Couturier and the Schenns. There is not much wrong with the offensive core of this team. A lot of those guys are only going to get better. Even with your core, the team wouldn't be "sooo much better", as they'd still be lacking defence.
I agree to some extent about the offensive core being solid, but Giroux is clearly missing a piece like Jagr that was able to compliment his play. Sometimes I with they would shoot first, instead of looking pass. I think Carts / Richie were much more dynamic duo, with not just the offensive prowess but the defensive presence as well (mostly Richie). JVR was so inconsistent, I believe he was already benched in Toronto.

And I would be leary of a Pens series, only because of the way Bryz has been terrible against them... and I mean completely and utterly terrible.

Giroux It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:06 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci* View Post
Still no defense. However aside from JVR none of those players brought in any long term defensive help. Figure we don't trade for eminger and pronger we could have Carlson and Moore (assuming they draft them. Knowing homer it'd be another forward)

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Curufinwe

This team would be better if Jeff Carter was here? Was he going to switch to defense and turn into the next Pronger?

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:53 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
This team would be better if Jeff Carter was here? Was he going to switch to defense and turn into the next Pronger?
Not to be a real downer but you realize Carter has more goals (18) than anybody currently on our team? And more points then everybody except G, Simmer, and Jake. I'm not saying hes the end all but lets be smart about things.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Curufinwe

He has 13 less points than one of the two players he was traded for, Voracek.

Being smart about things should start with recognizing this team does not miss Jeff Carter.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:23 PM
SuchySays

vCash: 50
lol Carter. please god no

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
He has 13 less points than one of the two players he was traded for, Voracek.

Being smart about things should start with recognizing this team does not miss Jeff Carter.
I agree the team does not NEED Jeff Carter, but people hate. He has 13 less points, and 4 more goals. Sometimes I wish Voracek would shoot more instead of going for the pass, was just an observation about Carts and how people shouldn't just write it off.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:26 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
They haven't been clear about it at all.

Maybe it's because we're the only team that's actually used LTIR to go over the cap?
Could it be that since we are over the cap now, if youngsters accrue bonuses, then they are forced on next years cap because we have no room on the current cap?

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:41 AM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Have you been watching any Flyers games this year? We're already scoring only 1-2 goals per game.
Yes, but I chalk it up to inconsistency and no transition game so to speak. Actually, implementing a system like Hitchcock's or Murray's again would stifle the offense and creative forwards we have like G and Voracek. That's just my thoughts, feel free to disagree.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote