HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Don Cherry & Coach's Corner '13 Version | Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 07:00 PM
  #151
ShippinUpToBoston
Don't Poke The Bear
 
ShippinUpToBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Plymouth, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 697
vCash: 500
Why's he on the left?

ShippinUpToBoston is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:05 PM
  #152
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 41,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShippinUpToBoston View Post
Why's he on the left?
That's whats bothering you?

parabola is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:05 PM
  #153
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys
 
MarleauApologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,367
vCash: 500
Don Cherry: "Ottawa has best 3 goalies in world" "Stamkos a 2 way forward"

Interesting quotes from Don Cherry

MarleauApologist is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:06 PM
  #154
Laces Out
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denial
Country: Canada
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Ottawa has the three best goalies in the world. Who knew.

Laces Out is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:10 PM
  #155
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 41,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces Out View Post
Ottawa has the three best goalies in the world. Who knew.
Anderson has the best goalie stats this year and Lehner's aren't that far behind.

Gonna have to reach for an argument when it comes to Bishop though.

parabola is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:11 PM
  #156
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN
 
Novak Djokovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,364
vCash: 966
Cherry was hurt that Iggy didn't accept the trade to Boston.

Novak Djokovic is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:11 PM
  #157
MapleLeafs9
Registered User
 
MapleLeafs9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Anderson has the best goalie stats this year and Lehner's aren't that far behind.

Gonna have to reach for an argument when it comes to Bishop though.
NO NO NO NONO NO There is no argument. They are not the 3 best goalies in the world. Simple as that.

MapleLeafs9 is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:13 PM
  #158
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 41,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
NO NO NO NONO NO There is no argument. They are not the 3 best goalies in the world. Simple as that.
Of course not. I'm just commenting that 2 of the 3 are having good years.

parabola is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:16 PM
  #159
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,678
vCash: 500
...and tonight's mispronounced last name was Reimer.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:21 PM
  #160
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,297
vCash: 500
Kind of funny that Bert and Ernie think there's something wrong with Crosby putting in a word to Iggy about coming to Pittsburgh.

#66 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:23 PM
  #161
PanthersPens62
#KidK
 
PanthersPens62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 6,997
vCash: 500
I think we can safely assume he does not hate Subban now that he was making #4 Bobby Orr comparisons with PK. So much for Don being racist where PK is concerned.

Loved his "I told you so" edition regarding Sid the Kid getting in Iginla's ear. Once again, Grapes called it!

PanthersPens62 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:25 PM
  #162
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,866
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Kind of funny that Bert and Ernie think there's something wrong with Crosby putting in a word to Iggy about coming to Pittsburgh.
It couldn't be more obvious that Cherry is ******** Iginla didn't go to the Bruins. He even hinted at him being too old and not the player he once was. If Iginla went to the Bruins instead he would be the best player in the NHL. It's good that Cherry is entertaining because he can certainly come off as an idiot when it comes to certain teams, players, Europeans, and etc., etc.

__________________
Uncle Jed, I decided I ain't gonna be a brain sturgeon.
Chairman Maouth is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:33 PM
  #163
jameswrjobe53
Registered User
 
jameswrjobe53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williamsburg VA
Country: Wake Island
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
The Bruins won the Cup because of the Canadians guys...

Krejci = Leading scorer, Czech.
Chara = Norris calibre D, Slovakian
Conn Smythe Winner, 2x Vezina winner, American goalie, Tim THOMAS.

oh and here's the doozy:

Bruins do NOT dive.
Marchand=Canadian Olympic Diving Team

jameswrjobe53 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:35 PM
  #164
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
It couldn't be more obvious that Cherry is ******** Iginla didn't go to the Bruins. He even hinted at him being too old and not the player he once was. If Iginla went to the Bruins instead he would be the best player in the NHL. It's good that Cherry is entertaining because he can certainly come off as an idiot when it comes to certain teams, players, Europeans, and etc., etc.
He's a dope and there for his personality but I was surprised at McLean going at Iggy so hard.

Also good for Sid and thank god he has the Pens back again. Its kind of funny but when Gretz gives a call to Schultz, he helping the team but when Crosby gets in Iggy's ear they almost make it seem like he's tampering.

The NHL media good ol boys are at it again.

#66 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:41 PM
  #165
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,866
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
He's a dope and there for his personality but I was surprised at McLean going at Iggy so hard.

Also good for Sid and thank god he has the Pens back again. Its kind of funny but when Gretz gives a call to Schultz, he helping the team but when Crosby gets in Iggy's ear they almost make it seem like he's tampering.

The NHL media good ol boys are at it again.
There's no doubt he's an entertaining old dinosaur.

Chairman Maouth is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:04 PM
  #166
Fred Murtz
Registered User
 
Fred Murtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 500
Coach's Corner Mar 30 2013


Fred Murtz is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:08 PM
  #167
Budddy
Registered User
 
Budddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Okanagan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
He's a dope and there for his personality but I was surprised at McLean going at Iggy so hard.

Also good for Sid and thank god he has the Pens back again. Its kind of funny but when Gretz gives a call to Schultz, he helping the team but when Crosby gets in Iggy's ear they almost make it seem like he's tampering.

The NHL media good ol boys are at it again.
Although I'm not a big fan of mcclean, he was the only one in media asking the hard question to Iginla....Iginla deserves to be grilled on this and I hope it wipes his grin off his face....

Budddy is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:14 PM
  #168
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Ron MacLean just said he's been fined $20,000 for his interview with Iginla today. Was it just a joke that flopped or did this really happen? It seems bizarre.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
  #169
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budddy View Post
Although I'm not a big fan of mcclean, he was the only one in media asking the hard question to Iginla....Iginla deserves to be grilled on this and I hope it wipes his grin off his face....
Why? He went where he wanted to go. He didn't sign anything and there was no deal in place.

Agreeing verbally isn't a deal.

#66 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:20 PM
  #170
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Why? He went where he wanted to go. He didn't sign anything and there was no deal in place.

Agreeing verbally isn't a deal.
Did you really write this?

You are probably right in a court of law, and I do mean probably, not certainly, as there is a doctrine of "reasonable expectations" is more and more used, but come on...

A man's word...

beauchamp is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:24 PM
  #171
Budddy
Registered User
 
Budddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Okanagan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Why? He went where he wanted to go. He didn't sign anything and there was no deal in place.

Agreeing verbally isn't a deal.
Seriously? He went back on his request...pretty obvious now and was yakking with Sid that day it appears...the whole thing stinks....

Budddy is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:28 PM
  #172
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
Did you really write this?

You are probably right in a court of law, and I do mean probably, not certainly, as there is a doctrine of "reasonable expectations" is more and more used, but come on...

A man's word...
Can you fax that into the league? Its nothing... nada... zilch... What is this lunchtime in the garage with spit and a handshake?

Feaster might of had a deal agreed to but Iggy has to sign off on it. He didn't so theres nothing there.

#66 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:47 PM
  #173
Budddy
Registered User
 
Budddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Okanagan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Can you fax that into the league? Its nothing... nada... zilch... What is this lunchtime in the garage with spit and a handshake?

Feaster might of had a deal agreed to but Iggy has to sign off on it. He didn't so theres nothing there.
No...that's the issue...this is not in the garage...a deal was made and subsequently broken...I'm guessing you are not involved in business in your day to day life?

Budddy is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:49 PM
  #174
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Can you fax that into the league? Its nothing... nada... zilch... What is this lunchtime in the garage with spit and a handshake?

Feaster might of had a deal agreed to but Iggy has to sign off on it. He didn't so theres nothing there.
I did say that you're probably right in a court of law, especially since deals in the NHL have to be approved by a 3rd party.

But a man's word is his last bastion.

beauchamp is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:52 PM
  #175
beauchamp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budddy View Post
Although I'm not a big fan of mcclean, he was the only one in media asking the hard question to Iginla....Iginla deserves to be grilled on this and I hope it wipes his grin off his face....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budddy View Post
Seriously? He went back on his request...pretty obvious now and was yakking with Sid that day it appears...the whole thing stinks....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budddy View Post
No...that's the issue...this is not in the garage...a deal was made and subsequently broken...I'm guessing you are not involved in business in your day to day life?
Not surprised to see a Bruins avatar.

They don't have a leg to stand on.

Feaster jumped the gun.

beauchamp is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.