HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kaberle on waivers. (UPDATE: Cleared Waivers)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 03:24 PM
  #126
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I think the way he's raised ticket and concession prices has been very unfair and abusive to the Montreal fanbase. There's nothing legit about "optimum" ticket prices and 9$ beers that cost 0.10$.
When I go, I don't buy the beer. I don't call professional sports team owners slimerballs for offering.

As for optimum pricing, a good insight into whether prices are fair is the secondary market. Are scalpers getting stuck with unsold tickets, or giving them away cheap all the time?

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:26 PM
  #127
habfaninvictoria
Registered User
 
habfaninvictoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
This is a good move on all counts.

Kabs was never gonna make our squad, we're essentially playing 5 d with an AHL callup auditioning. Weber is ahead of Kabs on depth even without the callups.

He probably tried to move him...no takers in a trade. I could see teams taking a chance on him for a playoff push... no risk to them, no cost... can buyout next year.

If no one takes him, no problem, AHL then buyout next year. Frees up cap space for a bigger DMan.

If he gets picked up Kabs will help another teams PP.... we have 2 QB's already with 1 in the wings.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:36 PM
  #128
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
This is a good move on all counts.

Kabs was never gonna make our squad, we're essentially playing 5 d with an AHL callup auditioning. Weber is ahead of Kabs on depth even without the callups.

He probably tried to move him...no takers in a trade. I could see teams taking a chance on him for a playoff push... no risk to them, no cost... can buyout next year.

If no one takes him, no problem, AHL then buyout next year. Frees up cap space for a bigger DMan.

If he gets picked up Kabs will help another teams PP.... we have 2 QB's already with 1 in the wings.
Well of course it is, we're getting Tavares out of it right?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:37 PM
  #129
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,324
vCash: 500
MB getting ready for deadline day...the guys at TSN will be getting giddy...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:22 PM
  #130
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,386
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
heh, simply means nobody is biting on a trade, and MB wants that space available for deadline or free agency

would be great if someone picked him up and he'd be someone elses problem, but no way he gets claimed with 4.25 owed next year

if he was UFA at end of this year maybe, but no way someone takes on that contract, were gonna have to buy him out at end of the year, simple as that

i laugh at those who wanted to buy out bourque instead, not because of how he is playing but because thats a much more reasonable contract to be able to move than kabs at 4.25

Either way, hope he gets claimed.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:29 PM
  #131
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,238
vCash: 500
Not a shock that he has zero trade value. None.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:45 PM
  #132
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,018
vCash: 500
Just remember that HFboards established in a recent thread that Kaberle was worth a first rounder.

Bergevin

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:50 PM
  #133
ROSSter
Registered User
 
ROSSter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Just remember that HFboards established in a recent thread that Kaberle was worth a first rounder.

Bergevin
I hope you're being sarcastic. Kaberle is worth at best a 5th rounder and thats if you can convince someone to take the cap hit.

ROSSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:54 PM
  #134
25get
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSter View Post
I hope you're being sarcastic. Kaberle is worth at best a 5th rounder and thats if you can convince someone to take the cap hit.
Well, MB seems to think he is not even worth a pick.
I guess he must have tried to trade him before putting him on waivers.

So waivers is the last option before buying him out...

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:59 PM
  #135
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,273
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSter View Post
I hope you're being sarcastic. Kaberle is worth at best a 5th rounder and thats if you can convince someone to take the cap hit.
With the cap next season convincing a team to take the cap hit is pretty impossible to do even if you're just asking for a 5th round pick.

I think he'll get picked up maybe St-Louis or Nashville since they are battling for a PO spot will give him a chance.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:01 PM
  #136
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
When I go, I don't buy the beer. I don't call professional sports team owners slimerballs for offering.

As for optimum pricing, a good insight into whether prices are fair is the secondary market. Are scalpers getting stuck with unsold tickets, or giving them away cheap all the time?
I think he's a smarmy businessman who's looking to make a lot of money off of our passion. A lot, lot, lot of money. Raising ticket prices year after year is just disgusting in my book, slimeball move.

The 'r' you keep bringing up in slimerball was a typo by the by.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:08 PM
  #137
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
We have to find a guy who can eat a lot of minutes. It's crucial.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
  #138
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I think he's a smarmy businessman who's looking to make a lot of money off of our passion. A lot, lot, lot of money. Raising ticket prices year after year is just disgusting in my book, slimeball move.

The 'r' you keep bringing up in slimerball was a typo by the by.
You do have to give Molson some credit, he did afterall, payout Gomez's salary this year, a pro-rated 7.1M and swallow that one...not many owners would have...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
  #139
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
We have to find a guy who can eat a lot of minutes. It's crucial.
Agreed...any ideas?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:19 PM
  #140
BigFatPapa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I think he's a smarmy businessman who's looking to make a lot of money off of our passion. A lot, lot, lot of money. Raising ticket prices year after year is just disgusting in my book, slimeball move.

The 'r' you keep bringing up in slimerball was a typo by the by.
It's all about supply and demand. Fans aren't entitled to low ticket prices, the "right" price is whatever people want to pay for them. It certainly would be charitable of him keep the prices low, but not being charitable does not make you slimy/smarmy.

BigFatPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:20 PM
  #141
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
You do have to give Molson some credit, he did afterall, payout Gomez's salary this year, a pro-rated 7.1M and swallow that one...not many owners would have...
But we didn't replace Gomer with another 7m player, we replaced him with Galchenyuk whose salary is mostly inflated by bonuses.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:55 PM
  #142
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
But we didn't replace Gomer with another 7m player, we replaced him with Galchenyuk whose salary is mostly inflated by bonuses.
We couldn't replace him with another $7M player as we did not have that cap space yet. The cap relief starts next year, as the cap goes down as well.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:57 PM
  #143
habamillions
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: arnprior,ontario
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
This is just to see if there r any takers if there is good there is capspace for a deal. If there is a deal to be made

habamillions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:00 PM
  #144
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,956
vCash: 13357
So where are those defending Kaberle guys now?

Much as he has been terrible. He's been a good spot since coming here and I hope he eventually gets a chance elsewhere. A really shame, once upon a time, I had star eyes at the idea of Kaberle and Markov together.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:01 PM
  #145
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
So where are those defending Kaberle guys now?

Much as he has been terrible. He's been a good spot since coming here and I hope he eventually gets a chance elsewhere. A really shame, once upon a time, I had star eyes at the idea of Kaberle and Markov together.
He isn't playing because they don't want him to get hurt and then not being able to buy him out.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:03 PM
  #146
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
So where are those defending Kaberle guys now?
I feel like there were a lot of people that were ridiculed for expecting/suggesting Kaberle would end up waived/underperforming well before the end of that contract. "He was Toronto's best defenseman just X years ago", "Easily worth $4 million", etc. Anyone necromanced any of those welcome Tomas Kaberle threads yet? lol.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:03 PM
  #147
TonyRockyHorror
Registered User
 
TonyRockyHorror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Think about it. Pittsburgh wants the best offense in the east? We'll counter with the best defense.

TonyRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:13 PM
  #148
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,379
vCash: 500
Boston needs a d-man on the PP....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:16 PM
  #149
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Boston needs a d-man on the PP....
Don't laugh but I was reading a couple of tweets that say that Boston might pick him up and that they wanted to sign him but Carolina offer waqs too rich for them to match.

It would be ironic and awesome if they picked him up

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:01 PM
  #150
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Boston needs a d-man on the PP....


Didn't the power play get WORSE the last time they tried Kaberle? And during the playoffs, the Bruins won the Cup DESPITE the PP.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.