HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #34| Mar. 30, 2013| Bruins at Flyers | 1:00 p.m. ET

Old
03-30-2013, 07:06 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux It View Post
I will say that Schenn actually scares me. Last year he seemed like a solid two way player. Now his puck handling seems iffy at best, and he definitely flirts with the stupid hits (charging penalties, interference). The hits looks OK IMO, but he is walking a fine line, kind of like Rinaldo used too.
Schenn has arguably one of the best games of his season today, and you choose to say this now? Typical Philadelphia. The guy is a second year player and isn't a PPG guy, so he must be useless.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:23 PM
SuchySays

I did NOT win any prizes.

I also failed twice at the XFinity game for a free towel.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Schenn has arguably one of the best games of his season today, and you choose to say this now? Typical Philadelphia. The guy is a second year player and isn't a PPG guy, so he must be useless.
Well its easy to draw conclusions from my sentences I suppose? I like Schenn a ton, I just think he tries for the BIG hits and it costs him. I dunno if he thinks he has something to prove or what. Do you complain when Coburn takes a stupid penalty? I know I sure do. So I will complain all the same when Schenn or Giroux takes a stupid penalty.

Giroux It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:34 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Well its easy to draw conclusions from my sentences I suppose? I like Schenn a ton, I just think he tries for the BIG hits and it costs him. I dunno if he thinks he has something to prove or what. Do you complain when Coburn takes a stupid penalty? I know I sure do. So I will complain all the same when Schenn or Giroux takes a stupid penalty.
I like Brayden as a player. I would agree with you though he's got to tone it down with the hits or learn how to hit without leaving his feet. He's got a wrap sheet for it now and he's still doing it in games. He's got to be smarter when he hits.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:58 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Could Schenn improve on his decisions on when and when not to hit? Sure. He's still a young player adjusting to life in the NHL. But I'd rather see him do stuff like that instead of floating around invisibly. And he's still putting up a fair amount of point for a second year player. Schenn has not been one of the problems this year.

Might want to check my post history about Coburn. I've been one of Coburn's biggest critics; and I'm well aware that he's been asked to play in a role that he's not suited for.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Could Schenn improve on his decisions on when and when not to hit? Sure. He's still a young player adjusting to life in the NHL. But I'd rather see him do stuff like that instead of floating around invisibly. And he's still putting up a fair amount of point for a second year player. Schenn has not been one of the problems this year.

Might want to check my post history about Coburn. I've been one of Coburn's biggest critics; and I'm well aware that he's been asked to play in a role that he's not suited for.
I guess I should have been more clear. A bonehead play is a bonehead play whether its a 10 year pro or a first year rookie. Sure its more tolerable with somebody like Schenn, but I would like to see some better decision making. I'd rather have him play a more responsible defensive role (especially with our lack of D) then to ignore the play and go for a big hit.

Giroux It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Rangers down 3-0 to Montreal. A win tomorrow and the Flyers are 2 points out.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:30 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Schenn will also learn when to pick his spots with regards to big hits. It's a learning process for all young players. His brother was also the same and Timonen and Pronger took him in under their wings and he's learning when to pick his spots. Someone will do the same with Brayden.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:16 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Rangers down 3-0 to Montreal. A win tomorrow and the Flyers are 2 points out.
Great news ! Love to see our club sneak thru the Door into the playoffs....Its been a very tough year on EVERYONE !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:58 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
so a win tomorrow gets em within 2 points of the 8 seed. So what does Holmgren do?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:25 PM

I don't even want us to make the post-season. We'd be thrashed and get a dreadful pick.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:27 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I don't even want us to make the post-season. We'd be thrashed and get a dreadful pick.
I personally would love to see them against the Pens again in round 1. Knocking them out again would be great! It is just the good defensive teams that worry me in a series.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:53 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
well then. Do you want to finish 9th or 14th or 15th.
Hard to imagine a team with 4 road wins can be 2 points out of a playoff spot. How sad is the bottom of the Eastern Conf.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:59 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Flyers can't even tank right lol.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:23 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Well the teams needs to put up a win streak or win more then 1 game in 5 to make te playoffs.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:27 PM
BringBackStevens

I'd prefer the young guys play well and get more playoff experience than be horrible.but I wouldn't buy either.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:52 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Why even bother to watch then ? Perhaps Checkers or Chess may suit your taste as a fan ?What makes sport so interesting is watching a club overcome adversity and defy all odds to win.......Those are the things folks remember my friend .

Old
03-31-2013, 09:08 AM
ClarkeRuled

We'll see. Everytime I find a reason to get excited, they end up letting me down. Trying to stay on an even keel about this one. Especially because of all the injuries on D. Bryz is really gonna have to carry the team.

ClarkeRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Why even bother to watch then ? Perhaps Checkers or Chess may suit your taste as a fan ?What makes sport so interesting is watching a club overcome adversity and defy all odds to win.......Those are the things folks remember my friend .
I can't say it's all that fun. If we made the play-offs we would be beaten quickly. I think this year we need an early exit and a good pick.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:35 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
We won a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:19 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
I can't say it's all that fun. If we made the play-offs we would be beaten quickly. I think this year we need an early exit and a good pick.
You never know, though. I'm sure the Kings fans said that last season!

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
No, but everyone knew they had a good team already, it was just a matter of them underperforming

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:35 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
A big difference is that they actually had (and still have) a farm. I would feel VERY different if we didn't have a golden opportunity to get a very talented player in a very deep draft.

We have one maybe, and a couple hopefuls..not very good.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:45 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
I can certainly understand your viewpoint etc.......But once a team makes the playoffs spirits rise, and sometimes a club that really struggled and had to overcome alot brings the lads together and they play as underdogs which can be a very dangerous club to deal with.......We may not get in the show, but if we do it will be because we got hot ( and other teams got cold).....all bets are off come playoff time. Some of the EXPERTS had the Pens winning the cup last year, and look what happened ? Thats why you gotta play the games.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:23 PM

I just don't see us being able to come close. We've not won 3 games in a row all season even when fully fit. Could we with Briere, Mesz and Coburn out? No chance. Time to cut our losses on this atrocious season.