Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: your call

Old
03-30-2013, 08:07 PM
David Krejci*

vCash: 500
Bruins looked like **** for stretches in the regular season in 10-11, too. Guess we shouldn't have went for it that year either. This team's good enough, try to improve if you can. Regular season means nothing.

David Krejci* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:09 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
Dark Days are here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
And smart people will think a bit different. Just because you won a bunch of close games while all the teams were rusty and now your team is showing no energy, no emotion and injuries have taken their toll then you dont give up future assets for minimal ROI.

This has nothing to do with reality, this is about making sound business decisions.
If fighting for 1st overall in your division and thinking
Quote:
"we should sell at this deadline"... and its a "sound business decision"
, is thought of by a smart person then I "do not think it means what you think it means" - princess bride.

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:10 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
Bruins looked like **** for stretches in the regular season in 10-11, too. Guess we shouldn't have went for it that year either. This team's good enough, try to improve if you can. Regular season means nothing.
We agree.

Hoping they don't get so complacent though that they can't flip the switch and get beaten by a hungrier Ottawa team.

It's a fine line.

03-30-2013, 08:11 PM
ap3lovr

1. I would claim Kaberle off of waivers. Buy him out at end of the year.
2. Trade a 1st rounder for Jagrfo
3. Trade Paille for Jay Beagle
4. Trade Caron for Boyes

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Boyes
Jagr-Seguin-Peverly
Beagle-Campbell-Thornton
Daugavins/Pandal

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg - Kaberle
Boychuk - McQuaid
Ference

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaritimeHockeyNut View Post
If fighting for 1st overall in your division and thinking , is thought of by a smart person then I "do not think it means what you think it means" - princess bride.
Well I am certainly hoping I am wrong, if so be sure to tell me at the parade.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:23 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
4. Trade Caron for Boyes

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Boyes
Jagr-Seguin-Peverly
Beagle-Campbell-Thornton
Daugavins/Pandal

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg - Kaberle
Boychuk - McQuaid
Ference
1.) Kaberle is terrible.
2.) I'd love Jagr, I'd do that deal tomorrow.
3.) Sideways move. Paille, in case you have missed it, has been one of our best forwards for a few weeks. does not say a lot about the forward group but he is playing well.
4.) Boyes is garbage. IF he is in your top 6 you are either an expansion team or not a good team.

This team needs a top 4 defenseman and a third line winger.

We've needed a top 4 defenseman and a third line winger for 18 ****ing months.

Even if we get both we are winning anything if the team does not get smarter, play the system and Krejci's wingers wake the **** up.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:25 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Before the Cup Claude was on thin ice with Cam according to reports but that faded away- well it's starting to come into focus again. I'm sure Cam will let him do it his way for now but he is going to have to get young legs speed and energy in that lineup next season- Spooner and Knight- and no more vets

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:29 PM
GoBs

Clowe for a 2nd
Robidas for Caron+bart
Peverly for MPS+Whitney( to shake this team up)

Lucic-Krecji-Seguin
Marshy-Bergy Horton
Clowe-soderberg-MPS
Paille-Campbell- dogman/thorts

Kelly

Chara-Sieds
Robidas-Hamilton
Boychuck-Whitney

Ference/McQuiad

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:35 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
Dark Days are here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Well I am certainly hoping I am wrong, if so be sure to tell me at the parade.
I dont live in pittsburg oh wait... Really though comparing cup winning team to today.

Horton - Krejci - Lucic
Recchi - Bergeron - Marchand
Ryder - Kelly - Peverley
Thornton - Campbell - Paille
+Seguin
Chara - Seidenberg
Ference - McQuaid
Kaberle - Boychuk

Thomas

to today
Horton - Krejci - Lucic
Seguin - Bergeron - Marchand
Scrub - Kelly - Peverley
Thornton - Campbell - Paille
Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Boychuk
Ference - McQuaid

Rask

Theres only a few holes when healthy. So its more an issue of a mindset thing IMO. If and I mean If... You add Soderberg (god willing) plus one significant piece (ie. Roy, Clowe, heck even hemsky) the team has basically the same pieces it needs to win again. So for lack of basically one player you should sell?1?! If it cost you extra pieces to add that significant piece well so be it. Otherwise you can only hope the bruins catch fire again and terrorize the NHL once more. Thats my outlook anywaz, sure it could all go south but to capitchulate is not the bruin way. And yes I hope you are wrong too. lol

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Tim O'Reilly

I would be suprised if we made more than one move. Chia had a good deal without changing things up with this roster. Now we expect him to move a couple of regular roster players? Won't happen. Chia makes more moves in the off season than the next few days IMO. I think he does that (off season moves) then next season it becomes more about Claude being on the hot seat because we made player moves. Just sayin'. I like Claude and what he has done, but Chia will start to feel the pressure too after this year.

Tim O'Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:55 PM
TCL40

I am starting to think this team needs to move some roster players-although it may not be a good move at the deadline (definitely something they should do over the summer).

For the deadline-I would look for a forward that could play better with Krejci (Jagr maybe).

Not really interested in Clowe but agree he may be a player who needs a change-it might be worth it to see if it works at this point if Chia doesn't have to drain prospects or picks.

Defense-not really sure-I am not sure there is a deadline trade that will really help this defense. I would targer somebody who can play 2nd pairing, but not particularly sure who. Don't really want a puck mover, but a good skater who plays solid defense would be my desire (and not sure there is a defenseman who fits the bill that wouldn't cost the farm).

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:56 PM
JoeIsAStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
4. Trade Caron for Boyes

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Boyes
Jagr-Seguin-Peverly
Beagle-Campbell-Thornton
Daugavins/Pandal

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg - Kaberle
Boychuk - McQuaid
Ference
And I think the bruins after all of that are no better and may be worse than they are today. I could agree on Jagr, but Kaberle is a negative player at this point in his career, and a very expensive one.

Boyes is a net negative player as well. And I don't get why you trade Paille for Beagle as Paille has been one of the most consistent player the Bruins have had this year

personally, If I was the GM, I would be looking for players who can integrate into the core of this team, or else I am not interested.

I refuse to give up significant assets for a playoff run and then thrown away at the end.

if you can find someone who can come in and replace Horton for the next few years, I am interested.

If you can find someone who can be a top 4 defenseman for this team the next few years (yandle, etc), I am interested

i might even be interested in a young special 3rd liner like Paajarvi.

But do not throw away assets like Koko, The #1 this year, etc be thrown away for a guy or a couple of guys who make you slightly better this year and then are gone

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:56 PM
patty59

The fact they were gunning for Iginla should give everyone a pretty good indication that this FO feels they have a good shot.

I'm hoping they can get some help upfront with a guy like Clowe or Sullivan and a depth guy on D like Whitney.

Don't let a bad stretch get you down. This team is good.
Its way too easy to quit when the going gets tough.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:04 PM
JoeIsAStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
The fact they were gunning for Iginla should give everyone a pretty good indication that this FO feels they have a good shot.

I'm hoping they can get some help upfront with a guy like Clowe or Sullivan and a depth guy on D like Whitney.

Don't let a bad stretch get you down. This team is good.
Its way too easy to quit when the going gets tough.
The fact that they were willing to go all out for a player they thought could be the last key component, and who they figured would be a key cog for 3-4 years Should not mean that they are going to go nuts and throw talent all around the league looking for scaps at the table to get a marginal upgrade and then throw away when the season is over.

I am convinced they went as far as they did for the other guy, because they were sold on the fact he wanted to sign an extension wherever he was dealt

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:19 PM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim O'Reilly View Post
I would be suprised if we made more than one move. Chia had a good deal without changing things up with this roster. Now we expect him to move a couple of regular roster players? Won't happen. Chia makes more moves in the off season than the next few days IMO. I think he does that (off season moves) then next season it becomes more about Claude being on the hot seat because we made player moves. Just sayin'. I like Claude and what he has done, but Chia will start to feel the pressure too after this year.

At the deadline I wouldn't do anything.

Offseason....new coach please. Give him the chance to finish the season and then go in a different direction. Julien's system does not fit the personnel on this team. It was perfect for getting the most out of the 07-08 team of grinders but he's not getting the most out of the current roster.

I think Seguin can be a Top 10 scorer in the league under a different coach.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:26 PM
BadBruins

I'd like to see Chiarelli do whatever he can do without giving up a top-3 prospect or 1st round pick. Save those assets for the off-season and/or next trade deadline.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:32 PM
biggles8

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
At the deadline I wouldn't do anything.

Offseason....new coach please. Give him the chance to finish the season and then go in a different direction. Julien's system does not fit the personnel on this team. It was perfect for getting the most out of the 07-08 team of grinders but he's not getting the most out of the current roster.

I think Seguin can be a Top 10 scorer in the league under a different coach.
And speaking of Seguin .......
Does it seem like the kid is getting progressively softer and posing
for the girls in the stands or am I imagining it ? Not a fan of him lately
amongst many others

biggles8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:39 PM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles8 View Post
amongst many others
I don't know.

But I've seen enough of Claude's system and the players seem like they've had enough of it too.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:40 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles8 View Post
amongst many others
He's a teenager with tons of adoring fangirls. I don't care at all about posing. It is to some degree probably good fan relations.

I think he has had some really good games lately where he has played physical (he IMO is never going to be a bang and hit all over the place player) and worked hard on backcheck and forecheck, but then he has also had some real stinkers where he doesn't really engage physically and sometimes takes the easy way out to avoid taking or giving a hit.

I would kind of like for Claude to do a right wing shuffle and shift Segs to Krejci's wing, Horton to Peverly's and Caron to Bergeron's wing (while he hasn't particularly earned it but could still do it I think). Thornton stays with Soup (although there have been games lately where Thornton has put 100 times more effort in than Horton).

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:44 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Outside of them acquiring Clowe which if his asking price is what their saying he won't be traded. I can only really see Chia making depth trades. If the team keeps playing like this for the rest of the season I think Chia will be busy in the off season moving a couple guys to break up this team a little

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:46 PM
RI.B FAN

Martin St'louis would be a great addition to this team.

RI.B FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:56 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
The fact that they were willing to go all out for a player they thought could be the last key component, and who they figured would be a key cog for 3-4 years Should not mean that they are going to go nuts and throw talent all around the league looking for scaps at the table to get a marginal upgrade and then throw away when the season is over.

I am convinced they went as far as they did for the other guy, because they were sold on the fact he wanted to sign an extension wherever he was dealt
Where did I say they were going to go nuts and throw talent around for scraps?

Chiarelli said himself that they believe in this team and they just need to add a couple pieces, is that enough evidence for you?

I sure hope they aren't just going to roll over and die like some people here want.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:56 PM
Ivyy13
RIP Octopi&Parabola

vCash: 50
Cammalleri, Pominville, Hemsky(last resort)

--

Streit, Boyle

One of each.. I doubt Sabres would move Pominville to a NE team anyway.

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:00 PM
biggles8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
He's a teenager with tons of adoring fangirls. I don't care at all about posing. It is to some degree probably good fan relations.

I think he has had some really good games lately where he has played physical (he IMO is never going to be a bang and hit all over the place player) and worked hard on backcheck and forecheck, but then he has also had some real stinkers where he doesn't really engage physically and sometimes takes the easy way out to avoid taking or giving a hit.
I guess that's my point for Seguin . No he isn't a banger but simply put he can finish
a check . If you're not scoring you can always make a hit . Even just a token one !
And this is not bashing Seguin by me , I love him . I think his game stands out to me
more because when he's not working with the puck he just floats mostly .
And yes I am aware this epidemic is running through the entire team hahaaaaa.
Man these guys need an old fashioned wakeup quick !

biggles8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:05 PM
DougiesGoingDeep

Bartowski and Caron for Whitney
&
Camper for Jagr

^fill in the draft picks where needed (NO 1sts though)

I'm fine with this AS LONG AS...
A. Soderberg makes it here and Neely, Chia and Julien believe he can contribute this year
B. McQuaid and Kelly will return at some point, either before the playoffs or atleast by the end of the first round

Not the year to sell the farm for someone overpriced IMO

DougiesGoingDeep is offline   Reply With Quote