HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fake Bloggers

Old
08-14-2006, 11:22 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I think he discredited himself when he began with his E-1, E-2 and the rest....I don't think he needed that, that way people think it's easy for him to get it right since he name pratically half of the team of the NHL so then he could say that he got it right.....

He didn't need that type of ranking, he could've just written what he hears....

Besides that, phony or not, I don't care, I read that stuff and then decide by myself who seems legit or not.
I agree. The bloggers are great as well.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I'm posting about the lack of respect shown to goats in this thread. Don't presume to know the intellectual capacity of a goat. Don't make me go the 'report bad post' route.
It does sometimes seem that we merely don't have the intellectual capacity to fathom what motivates goats. They can do some things that seem impossible. But most of the time, they just don't have the same goals that the rest of us do.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 11:29 AM
znk

Quote:
I think he discredited himself when he began with his E-1, E-2 and the rest....I don't think he needed that, that way people think it's easy for him to get it right since he name pratically half of the team of the NHL so then he could say that he got it right.....

He didn't need that type of ranking, he could've just written what he hears....

Besides that, phony or not, I don't care, I read that stuff and then decide by myself who seems legit or not.
Exactly and that is what everyone should do.
That's because you dont understand the e system. It's not the chance of something happening...it's the kind of source.

Quote:
(e1)- This rumor came from a trusted, confirmed reliable source not connected to any parties that are involved in the deal.

(e2)- This rumor came from more than 1 (e1) sources that aren't connected to one another. Much more reliable because it is two different people hearing the same thing in two different places.

(e3)- This rumor came from one source who is closely connected or got the info from someone closely connected to the actual possible trade. Often there are several (e1's) reporting this as well...

(e4)- This is a very reliable rumor because 2 or more (e3's) are telling me about the trade.

(e5)- I have been told the trade is done and will be announced shortly. There aren't many (e5's) because this really gets beyond the rumor realm. Usually by this point the trade is seconds from being announced, or it has been announced elsewhere...

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Slats432

I have also met him, and he is quite well connected. He cracked both Greg Johnson and Manny Legace before any site.

He seems like a nice enough guy, like Bob McKenzie said.

And I totally agree with Darz and how much effort people put into hating/discounting him, is amazing.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
I only read Spector's so I can only compare to the other bloggers via what shows up second hand on these boards. But I really appreciate the way Spector does things. Every source is identified. Then you know straight away how to value it, if it's coming from Strachan or Garrioch, etc.

The problem with the other rumour-mongers is that they don't seem to provide any way of differentiating between what they might hear from any legit front office contacts they might have and what is just repeated verbatim from the usual media sources (which might just as well be fantasy musings in most cases). That lack of sourcing defeats any purpose I'd have for seeking out their rumours.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 11:34 AM
znk

Quote:
I don't know much about trusting bloggers. Seems harmless if you can evaluate what you read, and understand they simply regurgitate and evaluate what they hear. At least some do.

I'm posting about the lack of respect shown to goats in this thread. Don't presume to know the intellectual capacity of a goat. Don't make me go the 'report bad post' route.
Of course I wasnt talking about your goat(s). There are always exceptions. Hey I just thought of something. Can you arragne something with a goat...similar to what TSN does with a monkey?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 12:00 PM
skyrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
What people need is a healthy dose of what's called 'discretion'. I know it must be hard to stop salivating for some people who see any combination of Mike Ribeiro, Michael Ryder, Radek Bonk or David Aebischer in a rumour...but ask yourself, 'am I seeing what I want to see or is this actually worthy to speculate upon?'.

Furthermore, if you want to start knocking bloggers for silly rumours that were made up, then how about Bruce Garrioch, Al Strachan or Larry Brooks? They have considerably more credability, yet seem to fabricate everything they 'hear'.
More credibility ? I don't think so Strachan was pretty much outted as a fraud on HNIC last year by John Davidson last year...

skyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrok View Post
More credibility ? I don't think so Strachan was pretty much outted as a fraud on HNIC last year by John Davidson last year...
...getting air time on Satellite Hot Stove is pretty good credibility in itself, no?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 12:39 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
...getting air time on Satellite Hot Stove is pretty good credibility in itself, no?
They should have Eklund on hotstove instead. He appears to be a radio guy because of his writing skills so he may do well. Maybe he could replace Don Cherry.

Old
08-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Mont Royale

I appreciate the Eklund site for (1) the bloggers, and a distant (2) the rumours.

BTW, I think my favourite blogger on the site is Howard Berger for the Leafs, who never fails to mention how long it's been since they've won a Cup.

Mont Royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 01:43 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Of course I wasnt talking about your goat(s). There are always exceptions. Hey I just thought of something. Can you arragne something with a goat...similar to what TSN does with a monkey?
Blind G. explained this well. How can you be sure of a goat's motivation ? I'm sure Clover already knows who will win th enext Stanley Cup. Will she perform on command ? You can't trust them.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 03:56 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Blind G. explained this well. How can you be sure of a goat's motivation ? I'm sure Clover already knows who will win th enext Stanley Cup. Will she perform on command ? You can't trust them.
Its all fixed and only Eklund has the scoop anyways.

Old
08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Eklunds latest rumour about the Komi is a joke. Get rid of Komi to make room for Dumont? How much does Komi make. This rumour E3 rating doesnt even make sense.