HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Encompassing Tortorella Thread Pt. II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 09:04 PM
  #576
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 19,340
vCash: 420
People always talk about one dimensional players.

Torts is a one dimensional coach. He doesn't adapt his system to the players he has, but instead tries to make the players play the wrong style.

__________________
Krampus is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:04 PM
  #577
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
So we played one good game against PHILADELPHIA and all of the Torts apologists came out and praised our wonderful system.

Two shutouts in a row.
Dead last in GPG
25th in PP%
21st in PK%
16-15-3
"We don't practice offense"

He's better be fired by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.
What? no one was praising TORTS for the 5 goals. We were all praising hags-step-nash line.

we also said keep the same lines together, oh, which he didnt.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:06 PM
  #578
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
So we played one good game against PHILADELPHIA and all of the Torts apologists came out and praised our wonderful system.

Two shutouts in a row.
Dead last in GPG
25th in PP%
21st in PK%
16-15-3
"We don't practice offense"

He's better be fired by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.
Also, I'd like to add, none of this "he got us to the ECF" ********.

ImIdaho is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:08 PM
  #579
RangerBlues
Registered User
 
RangerBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BRONX NYC
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 500
I dont believe this teams problems are the coach. BUT a NHL head coach is the most disposable thing in sports.

After another Oh-fer Canada performance Torts job may be on the line.

RangerBlues is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:10 PM
  #580
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,298
vCash: 500
If we are all lucky Torts will be gone in the summer at best. Hopefully worst case scenario is he starts next season and if they play piss poor like this year he will get canned at some point. Thanks for all you have done but your expiration date is expiring.

NYRKING30 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:11 PM
  #581
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 9,652
vCash: 500
whatever it is they gotta fix this team ASAP.

M0rbid is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:22 PM
  #582
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Im gonna get the stats on our record near the end of last year, into playoffs, to now.

I shall return.

Heyoooo* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:26 PM
  #583
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Country: United States
Posts: 3,605
vCash: 500
Sean Avery looks like a dumbass with that tweet.

Say what you want about Tortorella, and I didn't even dislike Avery when he played for us, but for him to say that now is just ****ing ********. You're no longer relevant in the hockey world. Shut up.

charlie460 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:26 PM
  #584
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
It's time for the Rangers to stop changing coaches every time the team needs a new direction.

It's time for the mgt to change GM's. Let a new GM plot the teams next course.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:29 PM
  #585
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Record the last 81 games

Quote:
Last 27 games of 2011-12: 14-11-2

Playoffs: 10-7-3

2012-13: 16-15-3

Combined record: 40-33-8
Cup Contenders? Your balls.

Heyoooo* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:29 PM
  #586
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Also, I'd like to add, none of this "he got us to the ECF" ********.
Torts did not get is into the ECF, Lundqvist did.

Tony D63 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:31 PM
  #587
NCRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Im gonna get the stats on our record near the end of last year, into playoffs, to now.

I shall return.

It's already been posted.

Last 18 games of last season: 9-9

Playoffs: 10-10

This year: 16-15-3

Basically, in the last 72 games, the Rangers are under .500.

Again, Renney was fired for much less.

NCRanger is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:33 PM
  #588
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Last year is the only year I see this team having the combined mentality to employ this system.

Its over. The team mentality is gone. Its time for a new coach and a new philosophy. It worked for that roster. The Nash trade changed it.

Heyoooo* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:36 PM
  #589
Lone Ranger
Registered User
 
Lone Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Torts is like Rex Ryan. He only coaches the defensive facet of the game. It's time for a new coach.

Lone Ranger is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:52 PM
  #590
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,024
vCash: 500
i kinda hope we get shutout by the jets and then twice by the pens. if thats what it takes to get torts fired so be it

Dactyl is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:56 PM
  #591
Richter Scale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Sean Avery looks like a dumbass with that tweet.

Say what you want about Tortorella, and I didn't even dislike Avery when he played for us, but for him to say that now is just ****ing ********. You're no longer relevant in the hockey world. Shut up.
This.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
Torts did not get is into the ECF, Lundqvist did.
You mean the same Lundqvist that I distinctly remember people on these boards saying was giving up way too many soft goals in the playoffs, and wasn't a playoff performer, choker, etc? All that bs?

Richter Scale is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:01 PM
  #592
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
This.




You mean the same Lundqvist that I distinctly remember people on these boards saying was giving up way too many soft goals in the playoffs, and wasn't a playoff performer, choker, etc? All that bs?
OH MY GOD. Don't even go there. Do you remember all the 1-0, 2-1 games there where.. in 13 games we scored 2 goals or less..games, We were out beat almost every game I remember always being fustrated. FFS we should've lost against Washington when we got lucky when Richards scored with a couple seconds left. Every single game could've went both ways, they bacically did considering every round we went to game 7 besides the devils in 6. Lundqvist was a god in the playoffs.

Tony D63 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:04 PM
  #593
Richter Scale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
OH MY GOD. Don't even go there. Do you remember all the 1-0, 2-1 games there where? We were out beat almost every game I remember always being fustrated. FFS we should've lost against Washington when we got lucky when Richards scored with a couple seconds left. Every single game could've went both ways, they bacically did considering every round we went to game 7 besides the devils in 6. Lundqvist was a god in the playoffs.
I'm not saying he wasn't (notice how I said "All that bs?"). Just highlighting the hyperbolics of these boards sometimes in the midst of other hyperbolic comments.

Richter Scale is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:05 PM
  #594
Richter Scale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 500
Also, to bring it back to Torts -- bringing this from the PGT; realized it makes more sense here:

Only coaches I would even consider replacing Torts with this season:

Scotty Bowman
Mike Babcock
Joel Quenneville
Michel Therrien
Barry Trotz
Paul MacLean
Ken Hitchcock

One is retired. The rest are not leaving their respective teams any time soon. So, in my mind, Torts is the best we're gonna get. Now, if things continue to suck 20-30 games into next season, I'd be open to exploring other options. But right now the talk is pretty ridiculous when the major issues are roster problems and players not living up to potential.

Richter Scale is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:10 PM
  #595
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Its largely the entire team, save for about three players.

This isnt something that can all be patched up by Gaborik and Richards magically producing.

The bottom six is still an issue and so is the defense, with Girardi leading the way.

Even Hagelin-Stepan-Nash looked like **** tonight.

Heyoooo* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:12 PM
  #596
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
Also, to bring it back to Torts -- bringing this from the PGT; realized it makes more sense here:

Only coaches I would even consider replacing Torts with this season:

Scotty Bowman
Mike Babcock
Joel Quenneville
Michel Therrien
Barry Trotz
Paul MacLean
Ken Hitchcock

One is retired. The rest are not leaving their respective teams any time soon. So, in my mind, Torts is the best we're gonna get. Now, if things continue to suck 20-30 games into next season, I'd be open to exploring other options. But right now the talk is pretty ridiculous when the major issues are roster problems and players not living up to potential.
Guy Boucher seems to be a pretty good candidate.. Tampa scores alot of goals but their defense and goaltending is terrible.. The Rangers actually have a pretty ******* good offense on paper and still baffles my mind that were 30th. So I think Guy would be a great option for our offense, and with out top rated defense when Staal comes back and with Lundqvist we'll be a very good team. Simply put..

Tony D63 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:14 PM
  #597
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Sean Avery looks like a dumbass with that tweet.

Say what you want about Tortorella, and I didn't even dislike Avery when he played for us, but for him to say that now is just ****ing ********. You're no longer relevant in the hockey world. Shut up.
I'm sure Avery is still friends with quite a few players on the Rangers and knows how they really feel. Just sayin. Of course his opinion is also biased considering how Torts treated him, but I'm sure he has much more insider info than any of us.

WhipNash27 is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:16 PM
  #598
Balej20
Registered User
 
Balej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Sean Avery looks like a dumbass with that tweet.

Say what you want about Tortorella, and I didn't even dislike Avery when he played for us, but for him to say that now is just ****ing ********. You're no longer relevant in the hockey world. Shut up.
Freedom of speech? He can say whatever he wants. He's not on the team, he's stating his opinion. Its up to you if you want to acknowledge it or not.

Balej20 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:23 PM
  #599
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Avery has absolutely nothing to lose.

If youre a Ranger fan who wants Torts fired, I cant see how youd be upset or disagree with Avery here, whether you liked him or not.

I loved Avery, and was sick of him at times, but I love that tweet.

Heyoooo* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:24 PM
  #600
Richter Scale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
Guy Boucher seems to be a pretty good candidate.. Tampa scores alot of goals but their defense and goaltending is terrible.. The Rangers actually have a pretty ******* good offense on paper and still baffles my mind that were 30th. So I think Guy would be a great option for our offense, and with out top rated defense when Staal comes back and with Lundqvist we'll be a very good team. Simply put..
Correlation does not equal causation. I think people are overrating his impact on that team's offense. I do not buy that the reason the Lightning are good offensively is because of Guy Boucher. And so, I do not see him as the savior to our offensive woes. Just look at their forwards...

Stamkos
MSL
Lecavalier
Malone
Conacher
Purcell
Thompson
Pouliot



That seems like a lot more finishing and playmaking potential than:

Richie
Gabby
Nash
Stepan
Callahan
Hagelin
...


I also am not a fan of completely abandoning defense. Obviously a huge part of Tampa's failure there is their god awful goaltending and back end, but I also see no evidence that Boucher can coach that part of the game.

Richter Scale is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.