HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Canadiens | 3/30/13 | March 17th, 2009 Is All I Have To Say

View Poll Results: Star of the Game?
March 10 20.00%
17th 10 20.00%
2009 30 60.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-30-2013, 09:13 PM
M0rbid

vCash: 500
what happens if they get shutout 3rd time in a row... Ut Oh!!!!!!!

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Sorry, but they ALMOST went to the SCF in spite of Tortorella, not because of him. He burnt out his top 4 d-men, refused to consistently roll 4 lines, and that's what ended up biting us in the ass against the Devils. Their 4th line obliterated ours. Torts has been piggy backing his success off of an elite, Vezina winning goaltender for years already. What would his résumé look like if we never had Hank....you really think we win 2 rounds?
Give me a break. Torts is a hell of a coach. To say otherwise is ridiculous. Whether he's been great this season is obviously up for debate (and I would say he has not been). Don't disrespect the man's past.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Surprisingly mellow PC from Torts
The MSG camera nan never zooms in on Torts like that. Everyone was expecting a classic Torts melt down & did not get it. However, his facial expersion & his eyes said it all. Dude is pissed off & is at a loss of words. He has NO idea what to do or say right now.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:15 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The player I miss most from yesteryear right now?

Matt Barnaby.
Sean Avery for me.

As for the tweet, he doesn't have any skin in the game anymore. Love that he's still following the the team and he still cares. Join HF, Aves!

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
The MSG camera nan never zooms in on Torts like that. Everyone was expecting a classic Torts melt down & did not get it. However, his facial expersion & his eyes said it all. Dude is pissed off & is at a loss of words. He has NO idea what to do or say right now.
all the reasons to fire the coach. He has no control left.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:17 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

How much do you think we would have needed to pay Brooksie to ask Torts to address Avery's tweet?

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
How much do you think we would have needed to pay Brooksie to ask Torts to address Avery's tweet?
which tweet?

Old
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

I thought we played pretty well even though we didn't score, better than the Ottawa game I thought. Price had to come up with some unbelievable saves on Miller.

I can't wait to see us score again...

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
Sean Avery for me.

As for the tweet, he doesn't have any skin in the game anymore. Love that he's still following the the team and he still cares. Join HF, Aves!
The only thing that tweet shows me is that he's still the same old selfish guy. That tweet wasn't about him following the team. It was about his personal vendetta against Tortorella.

Old
M0rbid

Quote:
tick tock tick tock.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:19 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
which tweet?
https://twitter.com/imseanavery/stat...77194490875904

Quote:
Fire this CLOWN, his players hate him and wont play for his BS.... @imseanavery is #winning

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

perfect.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Can't stop chuckling.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Give me a break. Torts is a hell of a coach. To say otherwise is ridiculous. Whether he's been great this season is obviously up for debate (and I would say he has not been). Don't disrespect the man's past.
I think that Torts burnt this team out early this season. He aproached the shortened training camp & early season like it was September & October. The practices were too much for some of these guys who hadn't done much of anything since last spring, especially Gabs who had just started getting back into the swing of things when the lockout ended.

Torts had mentioned on behind the bench that Cally & Richards came to him after 3-4 weeks in to the season & asked him to back off on practices & that they needed more rest. In which he replied that he was annoyed that they were complaining about being tired so early in the season. Too me that is a coach who 100% mis-read his team & that misread so early in a shortened season has had a long lasting effect on the team.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:22 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
G-D it!

ONE CUP from an overloaded talent wise pre-2004 lockout team does not mean the guy is a "hell of a coach".

That Tampa team imploded after the Cup.

He was completely outcoached by Paul MacLean and a guy who's coaching resume started and ended with Canadian juniors (Dale Hunter), and then was made to look foolish by Pete DeBoer.

It's time for this clown to move on.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:23 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
There's a huge difference in going to the playoffs and nearly making the SCF.
And Guy Boucher took Tampa to a Game 7 of the ECF 2 years ago and he's gone now. Almost only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, atomic bombs and bocce.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
I think that Torts burnt this team out early this season. He aproached the shortened training camp & early season like it was September & October. The practices were too much for some of these guys who hadn't done much of anything since last spring, especially Gabs who had just started getting back into the swing of things when the lockout ended.

Torts had mentioned on behind the bench that Cally & Richards came to him after 3-4 weeks in to the season & asked him to back off on practices & that they needed more rest. In which he replied that he was annoyed that they were complaining about being tired so early in the season. Too me that is a coach who 100% mis-read his team & that misread so early in a shortened season has had a long lasting effect on the team.
I'm sorry, but if what you say is really what happened (I'm not buying it - but for the sake of argument, lets say it is) -- then that is not at all on Torts. You're really going to say that players coming back from the offseason out of shape and Torts pushing them to try to get them back up to snuff is on HIM? Is this real? The fact that PROFESSIONAL hockey players do not come into the season ready to ****ing play, and you put that on TORTS? FOR ****ING SERIOUS? They are paid to do this, to do what kids all over the world only wish they could do. If they aren't ready to go when the season starts, they deserve to be **** on. Simple as that.

This takes the cake on posts I've seen trying to shift the blame from players to Torts. And I don't even see it as a totally anti-torts post/poster.

Richter Scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HockeyBasedNYC

When a team is dead last in the NHL in scoring and gets shutout twice in a row, I feel it's more about the architect of the roster and not the coach.

Just me personally.

A lot of things are going wrong for this team. It's not their year. Moves were made and the roster turned over. The choices made haven't been good ones.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cresto
Much Disappoint

**** stan.

Old
ThisYearsModel

Torts burnt the team out last year. Think about it....he was worth squat in Tampa without Khahbibulin, and he would be worth squat here without Hank. Wonder if Hank is sick of him too.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
When a team is dead last in the NHL in scoring and gets shutout twice in a row, I feel it's more about the architect of the roster and not the coach.

Just me personally.
nawwww. it has to be at least 50%+ the coach.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:27 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Just me personally.
Can't disagree but what are the chances Dolan fires Sather?

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
I'm sorry, but if what you say is really what happened (I'm not buying it - but for the sake of argument, lets say it is) -- then that is not at all on Torts. You're really going to say that players coming back from the offseason out of shape and Torts pushing them to try to get them back up to snuff is on HIM? Is this real? The fact that PROFESSIONAL hockey players do not come into the season ready to ****ing play, and you put that on TORTS? FOR ****ING SERIOUS? They are paid to do this, to do what kids all over the world only wish they could do. If they aren't ready to go when the season starts, they deserve to be **** on. Simple as that.

This takes the cake on posts I've seen trying to shift the blame from players to Torts. And I don't even see it as a totally anti-torts post/poster.
Agreed.

Players are 100% responsible for their conditioning level coming into training camp, no matter what time of the year it is. They also had access to the Rangers facilities during the lockout, so no excuses for coming to camp out of shape.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
And Guy Boucher took Tampa to a Game 7 of the ECF 2 years ago and he's gone now. Almost only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, atomic bombs and bocce.
Sure. Which is why I have consistently said he may be fired during next season if the team continues to perform badly. This season is probably not going to happen.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Agreed.

Players are 100% responsible for their conditioning level coming into training camp, no matter what time of the year it is. They also had access to the Rangers facilities during the lockout, so no excuses for coming to camp out of shape.
I don't think that's true. Hence being LOCKED OUT.