HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 09:34 PM
rockjngo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
We need him to prevent Boston from getting him.
Are you listening to yourself? We trade for someone to prevent someone going to another team? We trade for a guy who we will use and improve our team. Ryane Clowe isn't it. I wouldn't mind adding Jay Bouwmeester or Mark Giordano. Diaz had a setback and will likely miss the playoffs.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:35 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I have a good feeling that we're gonna end up with Clowe!
I have a bad feeling we're gonna end up with Clowe!

Old
03-30-2013, 09:38 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
After saying this 2 weeks ago, it would be a joke:

http://www.lapresse.ca/debats/chroni...er-lavenir.php

- Bergevin: ''We will not mortgage the future to add a rental.''

- Bergevin: ''Renting players at the end of a season is a dangerous game. No one is going to give you a gift. And as soon as 1 team moves, the prices skyrocket. You have to stay calm, cool and collected. Respect the plan in place. I am convinced our fans, who want to see us win as much as we want to win, would not be happy if we have to start from scratch next season. We are having success. We have good youngsters on our team. We have prospects in the pipeline. We have draft picks. We have the tools to build a solid future. And I will not mortgage that future.''
I wonder which ghoul-like chilling void amassed such a prestigious prospect pool and development pipeline which Bergevin is benefiting from.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:40 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
I expect Boston to overpay for Clowe, something like Koko and their 1st for Clowe and a mid pick.
Let them overpay for Clowe, lol.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:41 PM
pine

Quote:
If we give up a 1st or a legit prospect like Beaulieu for a goalless Clowe, I will ****ing lose my ****.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Clowe has a full no trade clause,so even if Sharks want to send him to Boston,Clowe can say no,i wanna go to Montreal or im not waiving my ntc....so they would have to take what habs are offering or lose him as ufa....will soon see how much Clowe wants to be a hab....lol

If Clowe says i want Montreal only,that drives the price down huge.

I think Yannick Webber and something else...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Let them overpay for Clowe, lol.
Boston can offer lucic for clowe,but if clowe says i dont wanna go to boston,bruins are left on the curb again.....Clowe grew up habs fan,he needs to show his dislike to them and come be a hab.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
Add Torres to that fourth line. We would than have some added protection and toughness that will keep the opposition honest.
Torres doesnt bring protection, he brings dirty hits and he hurts his team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Regher? Sarich?
Pylon? Road cone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
If we give up a 1st or a legit prospect like Beaulieu for a goalless Clowe, I will ****ing lose my ****.
We will never give Beaulieu for that guy...

Old
03-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

If Diaz is out for the playoffs, we are 100% trading for a d-man

Old
03-30-2013, 09:53 PM
schumway2

I don't see the Canadiens giving up a guy like Beaulieu unless Dan Boyle is coming back the other way. Ryane Clowe wouldn't cost more than a 2nd round pick and maybe a mid rounder.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I don't see the Canadiens giving up a guy like Beaulieu unless Dan Boyle is coming back the other way. Ryane Clowe wouldn't cost more than a 2nd round pick and maybe a mid rounder.
Last week the rumors were the Sharks wanted a 1st for Clowe. I would never pay that much. I think he will be overpriced which in that case I hope boston overpays for him

Old
03-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Since you guys love to draw conclusions based on where scouts are:

https://twitter.com/PollakOnSharks/s...86001329696769

David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks
On the Clowe front: BOS, but not MON on scouts list tonight. Both teams watched #SJSharks vs. DET. Also here: Mike Gillis, Canucks GM.
Also Clowe hates Vancouver Nucks..so i cant see him goin there.

Old
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Torres doesnt bring protection, he brings dirty hits and he hurts his team.
I'm against trading futures for depth forwards at this point, I think the Habs have plenty of those... but for the record, Torres draws as many penalties as he takes. IMO he's a useful player.

Old
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Last week the rumors were the Sharks wanted a 1st for Clowe. I would never pay that much. I think he will be overpriced which in that case I hope boston overpays for him
What they want and what they get are two different things. No one's giving up a 1st for a forward with zero goals.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Hugo Sham

another important question is, if Habs get clowe where does he play? Bergevin is going to have deal guys off the active roster because there will be 3 guys sitting per game. And what if bourque comes back?

Old
03-30-2013, 10:07 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Guys who honestly believe San Jose is getting our first, or beaulieu...take a deep breath....it's not happening lol

I don't believe chiarelli is dumb enough to give up his first either to take a chance on a guy with no goals...and i just can't see them dumping koko either

I do believe that we hold an advantage over the rangers and bruins because the rangers suck....and despite being ahead of the bruins I would say that about 25 out of 30 gm's would probabley project our 2nd to be higher than bostons.

I would take a chance on clowe for the right price because if he does reinvent himself under therrien's system why wouldn't he stay somewhere closer to home on the team he grew up cheering for if he's having success there...and if it;s true that he has been asked to waive his NTC he's gone july 1 and san jose is going to take what they can get...im feeling very optimistic about this.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
What they want and what they get are two different things. No one's giving up a 1st for a forward with zero goals.
I understand that but if i'm San Jose and the Buins call that's what i'm asking. Boston is going to very aggressive after he Iginla fail and will overpay now

Old
03-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
another important question is, if Habs get clowe where does he play? Bergevin is going to have deal guys off the active roster because there will be 3 guys sitting per game. And what if bourque comes back?
I don't want Clowe, but if it happened: Clowe with Galchenyuk and Eller. Or he plays with Max and DD and Gally goes down to the Eller line.

Prust bumps out Armstrong and plays with Halpern and Moen.

If Bourque came back, then I guess Galchenyuk would sit in the playoffs if we're healthy like Seguin did in 2011 for BOS. Or we go all-out offence with something like this:

Ryder - Pleks - Gio
Pac - DD - Clowe
Prust - Eller - Gally
Bourque - Chucky - Halpern or Moen.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 03-30-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I'm against trading futures for depth forwards at this point, I think the Habs have plenty of those... but for the record, Torres draws as many penalties as he takes. IMO he's a useful player.
But all the havoc he creates for his teamates is not quantifiable. This guy never drops 'em. Like Lapierre, but 210 X worse.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
I understand that but if i'm San Jose and the Buins call that's what i'm asking. Boston is going to very aggressive after he Iginla fail and will overpay now
The balls in Clowe's court...Bruins can offer five 1 st round picks for Clowe,if Clowe doesnt want to go to Boston,then Bruins offer means jack.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:19 PM
Count of DannyKristo

Quote:
The balls in Clowe's court...Bruins can offer five 1 st round picks for Clowe,if Clowe doesnt want to go to Boston,then Bruins offer means jack.
Are you Clowe's best friend? How come you know where he wants to play and where he doesn't?

Old
03-30-2013, 10:19 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Would be funny if they have a deal in place but that Clowe refuses to waive or the ruins

Old
03-30-2013, 10:23 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Would be funny if they have a deal in place but that Clowe refuses to waive or the ruins
Aaron Ward says Bruins are getting Clowe for a 1st and Caron, Bruins board crashes. Ten minutes later news breaks Habs get Clowe for Weber and a 3rd rounder. Bruins board weeps.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Winkle View Post
Are you Clowe's best friend? How come you know where he wants to play and where he doesn't?
I know he grew up a Montreal Canadien fan...i know he golf's with Mike Ryder,there friends.I know he played his 4 jr hockey years in Quebec,so he knows the prov,he played for Rimouski and the Montreal Rocket...he knows Josh Gorges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinur/1210897353/lightbox/

This will be his first chance to pick his team,at 30 if he still a habs fan,it's now or never.

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-30-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 10:30 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
how sweet would it be if they miss out on iggy to pitt only to turn around and miss out on clowe to us?

Old
03-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

I always liked the story of the well-appreciated old guy that never won finally getting to win the cup.

We have Markov that fits that to a T, but is there some old guy on a bottom feeder that would fill a need on the wing of the fourth AND provide this motivation to our guys?

Closed Thread