HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/30/13 "At The Movies" - Devils VS Panthers

View Poll Results: Which movie describes the Panthers season?
Back To The Future 2 13.33%
Skyfall 8 53.33%
Armageddon 1 6.67%
Scream 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I'll take Barkov or Drouin too, I'm not greedy. You can't be mad about Matthias breaking out, that's what we want, for our prospects and young players to blossom.
100% brotha

Old
03-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Boooooth10

Last year we got a lot of crap from Devils fans for all the loser points we got. Guess who leads the league in loser points now...

Old
03-30-2013, 10:02 PM
PBPantherfan
#draft is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Take that, Steve Bernier. **** you.
Man I forgot how much you hate Bernier LOL. You'd think he stole your girl, killed your dog and took a dump on your kitchen table. Instead of being a total useless piece of **** when he played for the Cats.

God that was a boring game until the last 3 mins. Was funny that every goal up until Kuli's was scored by 18. The look of relief Kili had made me happy we won even though I am on the tank wagon. Was nice to finally win a OT game. And did Upshall hit the puck with a high stick right before Matthias tied if up? I think that's why fatso was complaining to the ref after the goal. He was probably still pissed the Upshall tomahawked his goal stick in half earlier and got away with it.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
I'll take Barkov or Drouin too, I'm not greedy. You can't be mad about Matthias breaking out, that's what we want, for our prospects and young players to blossom.
What's the deal with Barkov? I heard he got injured and might be out a while.

I still want Mac though. After Tampa Bay on Tuesday, we won't play till Saturday so there's plenty of time for other teams to create some more separation.

-ghoste

Old
03-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
What's the deal with Barkov? I heard he got injured and might be out a while.

I still want Mac though. After Tampa Bay on Tuesday, we won't play till Saturday so there's plenty of time for other teams to create some more separation.

-ghoste
Yeah, shoulder injury. But the head of Euro scouting for CSS thinks he will still go top 3 though. To me, an upper body injury isn't really a big deal. A lower body injury would be different.

Virtually everyone still has games in hand on us, so that's a good thing.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Offdapost*
Tetrodotoxin!

finally got back from the game, what is wrong with the people who run the roads around there jesus anyways good atmosphere had a good time

Old
03-30-2013, 11:23 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Man I forgot how much you hate Bernier LOL. You'd think he stole your girl, killed your dog and took a dump on your kitchen table. Instead of being a total useless piece of **** when he played for the Cats.

God that was a boring game until the last 3 mins. Was funny that every goal up until Kuli's was scored by 18. The look of relief Kili had made me happy we won even though I am on the tank wagon. Was nice to finally win a OT game. And did Upshall hit the puck with a high stick right before Matthias tied if up? I think that's why fatso was complaining to the ref after the goal. He was probably still pissed the Upshall tomahawked his goal stick in half earlier and got away with it.
Love a frustrated Uncle Daddy!!!

Old
03-30-2013, 11:24 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

“@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon tells ST renewal group bringing Jose Theodore back next season a possibility w/ @j_markstrom”

Old
03-30-2013, 11:36 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
“@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon tells ST renewal group bringing Jose Theodore back next season a possibility w/ @j_markstrom”
Would not mind that at all. 1st because I like Theo for all that he did for us even if this season has been a bad one for him and 2 because Scott Clemmenseven is gone!

Old
03-31-2013, 02:08 AM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
i must say ive been much more pleased with the work ethic of this team over the last 15 games or so. They are actually trying.
Totally. I was falling asleep in 1st and 2nd period's of games early on this season which has never been the case since ordering CI 4-5 seasons ago. I don't know how to explain it other than bland, dull, boring a bit?? Even the Deboer years they played a more exciting brand. I believe it had quite a bit to do with the early season injuries and lackluster goaltending and soft defense, but still it was just poor played hockey with no emotion.

Quote:
This effort + marky from gm 1 & we would be in hunt regardless of injuries. fun to watch, finally.
This. Maybe 3-4 more wins at very least??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
i really like him defensively. He is outstanding in our own zone. He lacks creativity offensively but a stanley cup team needs a mix of complementary players, i think shore adds to that mix.
I don't understand the Shore hate of late. I get the Kulikov hate more really. Shore is a rookie and still playing a decent two way game. He's not Huberdeau, people.

Quote:
Take that, Steve Bernier. **** you.
You hate him like I do with Clemmer, Auld, Bryan Allen (at times) and couple others. Wow

Quote:
you really have to wonder if we had goaltending from day 1 regardless of injuries where we would be.
A lot better early in the season, but these injuries would still probably have us around 11th-12th place and further from our draft lottery dreams of big three-four names.

Quote:
Clemmensen should play the remaining road games. That should secure a top-3 pick.

Let Markstrom play the home games for the fans.

Problem solved.
Sounds like a plan But Clemmer games are just really boring to watch for me especially when he lets a couple stinkers in early; takes the winds out of everyone's sails even from the couch cushion at home in TV land.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:20 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 0
Quote:
While it's unlikely that someone takes Clemmensen off Tallon's hands, it's not unheard of to have a backup with year left traded to another team.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:27 AM
Benched

Quote:
Kind of confused benched, which shot was the softee? All four appeared to be deflections, unstoppable by all accounts.
Just wanted to reply to this from last game: yeah, you guys are right. Thats what happens when you only get one replay to look at. Ennis deflected it from pretty far out right after passing the puck. Good play by him.

TLDR: Markstrom had a really good night vs the Sabres.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:50 AM
pantherfan1984

Why wouldn't they let you take a left on flamingo last night? It took me an hour to get to the sawgrass. This is my first game this year. Is this a new traffic re-route or was there an accident? Anyone know?

Old
03-31-2013, 09:54 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan1984 View Post
Why wouldn't they let you take a left on flamingo last night? It took me an hour to get to the sawgrass. This is my first game this year. Is this a new traffic re-route or was there an accident? Anyone know?
sorry i dont go out that way i get right on the sawgrass...

Old
03-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Offdapost*
Tetrodotoxin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan1984 View Post
had that problem too last night, it was a pain in the ass gonna browse the news for any issues

Old
03-31-2013, 12:01 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Totally. I was falling asleep in 1st and 2nd period's of games early on this season which has never been the case since ordering CI 4-5 seasons ago. I don't know how to explain it other than bland, dull, boring a bit?? Even the Deboer years they played a more exciting brand. I believe it had quite a bit to do with the early season injuries and lackluster goaltending and soft defense, but still it was just poor played hockey with no emotion.

This. Maybe 3-4 more wins at very least??

I don't understand the Shore hate of late. I get the Kulikov hate more really. Shore is a rookie and still playing a decent two way game. He's not Huberdeau, people.

You hate him like I do with Clemmer, Auld, Bryan Allen (at times) and couple others. Wow

A lot better early in the season, but these injuries would still probably have us around 11th-12th place and further from our draft lottery dreams of big three-four names.

Sounds like a plan But Clemmer games are just really boring to watch for me especially when he lets a couple stinkers in early; takes the winds out of everyone's sails even from the couch cushion at home in TV land.
Huberdeau has given us an unrealistic perspective of a rookie year. Shore will get better offensively. We've got an NHL center who can already slot in comfortably on the third line. I'm sure he'll improve and take over the second line spot down the road.

I also don't get the Kulikov hate. He shows flashes of being a great d-man but making a mistake here and there shouldn't negate his potential. He gets so much praise from opposing team's announcers. If he can get his shot down, which I expect him to work on, he's going to be a 5-10 goal 25-30 assist d-man who can play top minutes. He's a career -19 which is great considering how much he plays and how bad we've been for the four years he's been here.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:07 PM
RainingRats

As this season has gone on, I've been more impressed with Mueller. All the talk about him coming here was how good of a shot he has. I think his passing is actually better. He's made a number of perfect passes that resulted in goals this season. Great signing by Tallon.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Hubs hasn't given anything unrealistic, we've seen plenty of rookies come through here. We're experienced fans.

Kuli is a pain in the ass. I think he should be further along. His shot is horrible. I can take him or leave him, would rather we move him for a top sixer is all.

03-31-2013, 12:24 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Hubs hasn't given anything unrealistic, we've seen plenty of rookies come through here. We're experienced fans.

Kuli is a pain in the ass. I think he should be further along. His shot is horrible. I can take him or leave him, would rather we move him for a top sixer is all.
Calling Kuli a "pain in the ass," whatever that means, shows how you can't honestly assess his play. His shot is the worst part of his game but it's really just his slapshot. Not his wrist shot, which is actually decent. He's a very good young d-man. He was better in his first two years than Gudbranson.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Kuli also played a good game last night apart from the giveaway pass. He never gets any praise for how solid he is defensively. The only time people talk about him is to criticize any mistake he makes.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:27 PM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
As this season has gone on, I've been more impressed with Mueller. All the talk about him coming here was how good of a shot he has. I think his passing is actually better. He's made a number of perfect passes that resulted in goals this season. Great signing by Tallon.
I don't mean to stat munch but hes not very physical hes just OK defensively and is on pace to score 35 points over the course of a full season this despite playing with Huberdeau.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:29 PM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Calling Kuli a "pain in the ass," whatever that means, shows how you can't honestly assess his play. His shot is the worst part of his game but it's really just his slapshot. Not his wrist shot, which is actually decent. He's a very good young d-man. He was better in his first two years than Gudbranson.

I don't see it either in Kulikov i find him underwhelming. He had the best slap shot out of all the young defenseman that were coming up around the league, where it went is anyone's guess?

Old
03-31-2013, 12:31 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
I don't see it either in Kulikov i find him underwhelming. He had the best slap shot out of all the young defenseman that were coming up around the league, where it went is anyone's guess?
It's just confidence. Hopefully last night will help get him on track.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:32 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
I don't mean to stat munch but hes not very physical hes just OK defensively and is on pace to score 35 points over the course of a full season this despite playing with Huberdeau.
This has been a weird year because of the injuries and how bad we've been. Mueller is a second line guy but usually plays against the opposing team's best players. I think he's good for 20-25 goals and 30ish assists over 82 game, imo. If the price is right and the contract isn't long, I'll behappy to have him back.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:33 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Kuli also played a good game last night apart from the giveaway pass. He never gets any praise for how solid he is defensively. The only time people talk about him is to criticize any mistake he makes.
Certain players are under the negative microscope. He's so solid defensively and he's reliable to move the puck in the offensive zone. He's close to turning the corner, imo.

Closed Thread