2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion VII

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 11:12 PM
BruinsFanMike82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt thrower View Post
Well, the Panthers have some interesting guys on their roster I would go after before Clowe. Like Matthias, Fleischmann, even Kopecky.
I don't think Florida will trade Matthias. Fleischmann and Kopecky are both signed through 2014-2015. I'm not sure they would be what Chiarelli is looking for, unless a roster player or two were on their way out.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:14 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
In:
Paaravi
Soderberg
Striet

Out:
Peverley (EDM)
Bartkowski (EDM)
Ferrence (NYI)
Caron (NYI)
2013 1st (NYI)
2014 3rd (NYI, if Striet resigns)
My only objection is the Yeti isn't a sure thing and that trade leaves Pandolfo in the line up. Still need a winger for 3rd line. Or my preference would be a winger for Krejci and Horton on the 3rd.

I don't think this team goes far if Pandolfo is in the line up or even the 13th forward because it means the team has no depth.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:15 PM
BruinsFanMike82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
There doesn't appear to be an "ultimate" piece out there, but they are going to need to patch some holes with a few piece(S). However, the biggest improvements this team can make are internal improvements. That is, pulling collective head out of collective arse.
I agree with this for sure. I also believe that this team as presently constructed isn't a serious contender to win the Cup. They need a shakeup (even a slight one) and some depth.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:15 PM
SolidGold
Jack Edward's Writer

I just hope the B's scouts are there for the Coyotes and not Clowe tonight. Radim Vrbata and obviously Yandle would be a much better get than any other two-piece deals I've seen out there. Vrbata basically carried them with Ray Whitney (who we should also look at) last year through the playoffs. Only thing is I have no idea what the Coyotes would want for Yandle, I would imagine one of Dougie/Subban along with Spooner and that's just to start. Add in Vrbata and it would be a huge deal. It would be worth it, however, in terms of risk/reward, etc.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:16 PM
DougiesGoingDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Like Caron+2nd?
Thats what im thinking is realistic, just hope koko, spooner, knight or our first wouldnt be involved

Old
03-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Baddkarma

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
My only objection is the Yeti isn't a sure thing and that trade leaves Pandolfo in the line up. Still need a winger for 3rd line. Or my preference would be a winger for Krejci and Horton on the 3rd.

I don't think this team goes far if Pandolfo is in the line up or even the 13th forward because it means the team has no depth.
63-37-19
17-46-18
Paaravi-Soderberg-23 or Doggy
22-11-20

Striet-33
44-27
55-54

no Pandawful here

(edit) Bruins might be able to keep the big three of Subban, Koko, and Spooner. If any of them were to go I would suspect Koko would go for Paaravi package...

Old
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFanMike82 View Post
I don't think Florida will trade Matthias. Fleischmann and Kopecky are both signed through 2014-2015. I'm not sure they would be what Chiarelli is looking for, unless a roster player or two were on their way out.
Matthias probably will be almost impossible to get but Fleischmann should be available. Let Horton walk during the offseason and keep Fleischmann, he would be the better fit for Krejci anyway.

Old
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Like Caron+2nd?
I'd think realistically they'd want Koko and a conditional pick if he resigns. That or a 1st and a different forward prospect. Clowe has been playing a lot better lately, the no goals thing has been overplayed. If the Sharks can't get good value for him many of us would be fine keeping him. I'm a Bruins fan too and think he'd do great in Boston, he tends to have golden periods where he'll be unstoppable offensively but when he's not doing that he brings grit and toughness in spades.

Old
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerstoBeers View Post
Darcy Regier in an interview yesterday stated that there are no untouchables and he is speaking to many GM's about all of his key players and could be willing to move any of them if the price is right and by the sounds of it he wants prospects and draft picks and not roster players in return

How great would it be after seeing Pitt add a couple of captains from around the league to snap up Buffalo's captain who is much younger then the two they got and is probably going to put up much better numbers then Morrow or Iginla in the future..Plus he's a RW and a decent cap hit, seems like a perfect fit to me..Surprised more people aren't seeing it..Maybe it could be a combo deal with Pominville + Regher

How about

Koko
1st
Bart/Krug
2nd

for

Pominville
Regher
I think I would do this. Koko is the only one that would hurt but Pominville is still playing well.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:19 PM
TCL40

Quote:
63-37-19
17-46-18
Paaravi-Soderberg-23 or Doggy
22-11-20

Striet-33
44-27
55-54

no Pandawful here
Only if the Yeti comes and I don't count on the Yeti or Kelly for the playoffs.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:19 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
I'd think realistically they'd want Koko and a conditional pick if he resigns. That or a 1st and a different forward prospect. Clowe has been playing a lot better lately, the no goals thing has been overplayed. If the Sharks can't get good value for him many of us would be fine keeping him. I'm a Bruins fan too and think he'd do great in Boston, he tends to have golden periods where he'll be unstoppable offensively but when he's not doing that he brings grit and toughness in spades.
Funny, in Boston the "no goals thing" is overplayed too.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
I made a comment on the SJ board that we wouldnt want to deal Koko for Clowe. Their reaction is priceless. All out attack on an innocent comment.

I cant really tell if they are bitter about being a dogfight for a playoff spot or the fact that they know I told them they traded for a big loser 8 years ago who would never lead their team anywhere.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:46 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Yeah we're not happy with it either but people have been severely undervaluing him. My point being he's playing better than that stat indicates. I'm fine with keeping him if we can't get good value for him.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:48 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Yeah we're not happy with it either but people have been severely undervaluing him. My point being he's playing better than that stat indicates. I'm fine with keeping him if we can't get good value for him.
Not sure how no goals in 35 games can be overplayed though.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:55 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Not sure how no goals in 35 games can be overplayed though.
The whole team has been snake bit and for a large chunk of the season nobody was scoring. Clowe is sixth on the team in points but for some reason its not going in the net for him, he's 5th on the team in shots. The guy needs a change of scenery, he was gripping the stick too tight and not playing his game. He's looked a million times better these last few games, and his game fits the Bruins style perfectly. I'm a fan of both teams and if I didn't think he'd work out well for you guys I wouldn't be posting here, I'd be trying to convince the Habs to take him.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:03 AM
Baddkarma

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
The whole team has been snake bit and for a large chunk of the season nobody was scoring. Clowe is sixth on the team in points but for some reason its not going in the net for him, he's 5th on the team in shots. The guy needs a change of scenery, he was gripping the stick too tight and not playing his game. He's looked a million times better these last few games, and his game fits the Bruins style perfectly. I'm a fan of both teams and if I didn't think he'd work out well for you guys I wouldn't be posting here, I'd be trying to convince the Habs to take him.
CNNSE says the Sharkies want a 1st and a prospect (koko), Id have to say no to that.

2nd and Caron and Im in.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:14 AM
bruinmann77

The sharks are smoking something and if PC does that he should be run out of town.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:17 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmann77 View Post
The sharks are smoking something and if PC does that he should be run out of town.
Exactly. If that is the asking price it is absolutely ridiculous.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:22 AM
DougiesGoingDeep

Quote:
CNNSE says the Sharkies want a 1st and a prospect (koko), Id have to say no to that.

2nd and Caron and Im in.
I see him going to the Habs for Kristo and a 1st (maybe conditional)

Old
03-31-2013, 12:43 AM
CDJ*

Quote:
In:
Paaravi
Soderberg
Striet

Out:
Peverley (EDM)
Bartkowski (EDM)
Ferrence (NYI)
Caron (NYI)
2013 1st (NYI)
Did you just give up Pevs and Bartkowski for MPS, because that is borderline retarded.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:58 AM
SpitfireIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougiesGoingDeep View Post
I see him going to the Habs for Kristo and a 1st (maybe conditional)
On the team 690 Tieman and those guys were saying that Bergevin will not move his 1st round pick(s). That he does not see this as a year to make that type of move.

Also found the same thing on the fourth period,
Quote:
ESPN.com reported this week that the Sharks are looking for a first-round pick and a prospect in exchange for Clowe, which might take the Habs out of the running if that stands firm, as Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin is not interested in dealing his first-rounder for a rental player.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:11 AM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFanMike82 View Post
There was a rumour I think last year or the year before that Chiarelli was interested in Weiss. He is on an expiring contract, an up coming UFA and if there was any truth to that rumour a year ago Chiarelli is the kind of guy who goes hard for his man crushes.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Kelly - Weiss - Peverley

Old
03-31-2013, 02:59 AM
jcardoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
There was a rumour I think last year or the year before that Chiarelli was interested in Weiss. He is on an expiring contract, an up coming UFA and if there was any truth to that rumour a year ago Chiarelli is the kind of guy who goes hard for his man crushes.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Kelly - Weiss - Peverley
Weiss is out for the year. He was the player many Bruins fans wanted before Iginla.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:21 AM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
I could live with that but...

Quote:
In:
Paaravi
Soderberg
Striet

Out:
Peverley (EDM)
Bartkowski (EDM)
Ferrence (NYI)
Caron (NYI)
2013 1st (NYI)
Even after that stupid play he made yesterday against Philly, I think you have to keep PEVERLEY in the fold in order to round out a solid third line that can produce offence for playoffs. Otherwise and assuming KELLY may or may not be available, you are left with any three of PAAJARVI, SODERBERG, PAILLE and DAUGAVINS, none have proven to produce on a consistent basis YET! Plus SODERBERG is the only natural centre, a position that's not easy to play at the NHL level, particularly as a rookie. If I was convinced KELLY would be back, then yes PEVERLEY would be expendable.

Closed Thread