HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Isles for #15

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 11:00 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

vCash: 500
All this line talk is possibly moot now

Old
03-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
You have to wonder where the logic is here:

- Kunitz used to play with Malkin and Neal (and they dominated)
- Neal has experience at LW and is a natural LW
- Iginla has spent the past 16 years at right wing
- Iginla has played with Crosby in the past
- Dupuis is a natural LW and to me always looks better there

This actually makes me laugh out loud.

But chemistry!

Well since Sid missed the game today, I guess that line was technically broken up already and we still won, so maybe they won't be adverse to switching things up Sid's next game. (Whenever that may be)

Old
03-30-2013, 11:44 PM
flameaholic

It was great seeing that smile on Iggy's face. Looks good on him.

Miss you IGGY!!! Please win the Stanley Cup!

Old
03-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdFlower View Post
+being so far ahead in the Atlantic that I actually want Philly and NYR to win today.
LOL. You too? I can not see Philly making the playoffs at this point. Now let em win and anti-tank.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:00 AM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
LOL. You too? I can not see Philly making the playoffs at this point. Now let em win and anti-tank.
I'd love to see them slowly climb out of the bottom and miss the playoffs by a spot.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:02 AM
stefanh

The Rangers doesnt have a first round pick, so they might as well lose every game

Old
03-31-2013, 12:14 AM
Fire Shero*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
I'd love to see them slowly climb out of the bottom and miss the playoffs by a spot.
Agreed.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:34 AM
od71

Quote:
No. I want Pens to play against them in playoff and get retaliation for last season. Nothing can be sweeter except winning the SC

Old
03-31-2013, 12:37 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
It was great seeing that smile on Iggy's face. Looks good on him.

Miss you IGGY!!! Please win the Stanley Cup!
Does Iggy ever not have a smile on his face? He seems like the happiest guy in the world.

He's in good hands here. We know what a legend he is. The arena erupted for him when he came out for warmups today.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:39 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Does Iggy ever not have a smile on his face? He seems like the happiest guy in the world.

He's in good hands here. We know what a legend he is. The arena erupted for him when he came out for warmups today.
I was thinking the same thing about him. He just smiles all the time. He has a passion for the game unlike anyone else. He was talking about just watching games and doing that on his time off. Rarely do you hear hockey players say that

Old
03-31-2013, 12:42 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I was thinking the same thing about him. He just smiles all the time. He has a passion for the game unlike anyone else. He was talking about just watching games and doing that on his time off. Rarely do you hear hockey players say that
He reminds me a lot of Hines Ward in that regard. I think Iggy is a bigger icon in his sport but similar personalities.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:45 AM
Ray Shero*
A wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
No. I want Pens to play against them in playoff and get retaliation for last season. Nothing can be sweeter except winning the SC
Agreed, I'm hoping Philly claims the 8th seed so we can sweep them in the first round.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:47 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I'd rather play someone other than Philly in round one. I know we went to the finals twice when we beat them in the playoffs during past years but they are the one eastern team that can get the Pens off their game a bit and it's just such a rivalry too. Likely a very physically and emotionally draining series.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:

Its crazy. The guy is just so good natured all the time.

Did anyone else catch him with Ron MacLean tonight? MacLean was being a richard about Sid getting in Iginlas ear but Iggy just kept smiling and answering questions.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:54 AM
Ray Shero*
A wizard

Quote:
I'd rather play someone other than Philly in round one. I know we went to the finals twice when we beat them in the playoffs during past years but they are the one eastern team that can get the Pens off their game a bit and it's just such a rivalry too. Likely a very physically and emotionally draining series.
Well, from an entertainment perspective, it's great.

From a team perspective, we may not like our results...even if we do win the series.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:56 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Quote:
Rank em: NJ, NYI, NYR, Washington, Philly, Carolina.

I really don't feel like playing Washington or Philly just in principle. NJ has our number but they are starting to falter with talent down the end here + we reloaded with talent. NYR have the most talent of ALL of those teams.

It's going to be difficult no matter what. We need our squad healthy and we need it immediately.

Old
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Its crazy. The guy is just so good natured all the time.

Did anyone else catch him with Ron MacLean tonight? MacLean was being a richard about Sid getting in Iginlas ear but Iggy just kept smiling and answering questions.
Yeah, I saw it. I think a lot of guys would have gotten pissed about being grilled like that and it would have shined through with their facial expressions and what not. Iggy just kept his cool and kept smiling. He handles himself in the media so well. You can see why he was a great captain and face of a franchise for so many years.

Old
Fordy
the kid signify

Now I can't decide if beating them or them just missing it altogether makes me happier.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:59 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Rank em: NJ, NYI, NYR, Washington, Philly, Carolina.

I really don't feel like playing Washington or Philly just in principle. NJ has our number but they are starting to falter with talent down the end here + we reloaded with talent. NYR have the most talent of ALL of those teams.

It's going to be difficult no matter what. We need our squad healthy and we need it immediately.
Yeah, I agree that it'll be tough no matter what. Not sure how to rank those teams but the one thing I fear is a hot goalie. I don't want to get Halak'd again.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:00 AM
On Vinyl
Oh Danny Boy

Quote:
Yeah, I saw it. I think a lot of guys would have gotten pissed about being grilled like that and it would have shined through with their facial expressions and what not. Iggy just kept his cool and kept smiling. He handles himself in the media so well. You can see why he was a great captain and face of a franchise for so many years.
Yeah I couldn't believe he kept so cool during that. I was raging just looking at the smirk on Ron's face. I hope to God Iggy re-signs here.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:00 AM
66-29-33

Let's go for that ****in record! make it 20 games!

Old
03-31-2013, 01:01 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Now I can't decide if beating them or them just missing it altogether makes me happier.
Beating them is far sweeter but there's always the possibility that they get hot in the playoffs and beat us. I'd rather not give them any chance at that satisfaction. Let them miss out and watch the playoffs at home this year.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:02 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Vinyl View Post
Yeah I couldn't believe he kept so cool during that. I was raging just looking at the smirk on Ron's face. I hope to God Iggy re-signs here.
Where is this interview? How did I miss this?

Old
03-31-2013, 01:03 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Vinyl View Post
Me too.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:04 AM
Pancakes

Quote:
Where is this interview? How did I miss this?
Go to CBC.ca and search for the most recent hot stove. Iirc during the course of the Hot Stove they show a highlight of Maclean talking to Iggy. And yeah Iggy seems like a fantastic guy. I think there's a reason he's so beloved around the league. Our locker room is going to love the guy I'm sure.

That said don't mistake that niceness for his on ice personality. Iggy is a lot like Sid he can be a huge dick on the ice if things aren't going his well. Which you want, because that sort of passion for the game is great. But yeah Iggy has a mean streak for sure.

Closed Thread