HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators vs Avalanche 1 PM MDT || Avs outblocked them 18-17. Success.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Puckstop40
Registered Avs Fan

vCash: 500
Finally got to watch the rest of the game. Varlamov is incredible and is the only reason we won today. Well deserved shut out

Tyson Barrie looked awesome out there. He definitely showed what he can do offensively and had a few good rushes that created chances. He also got the game winner

EJ continued his good play today. As others mentioned during the game, I like the "**** it" EJ.

I still can't wait to see Jones (Seth) in an Avs uniform.

Puckstop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:41 PM
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Send games are so much more exciting. Maybe I should just cheer for my home team.
Sens will be a dynamic team for years to come. Just be thankfull we get to see Colorado play them in town every year now

WornWithPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:16 PM
chet1926

Well I guess its nice to see the win, but we really didn't deserve it, if Varly doesn't go all world today we probably lose something like 3-1 or worse. NSH had a bunch of good looks but just couldn't finish.

I thought Barrie, EJ and Hunwick all had solid games on defense.

Varly as noted was all world today, hope this gives him some confidence, unfortunately it looks like he is going to have to post shutouts to have any chance of winning games this year.

This team needs to work on shooting the puck especially Duchene and O'Reilly I counted at least 5 opportunities for those two to put a good shot on net from good positions and they missed the net entirely. I know you want to make a good shot but you can't miss the net that many times from decent shooting positions. I can live with one, but you got to make those chances count and at least make the goalie make a save.

Pajamas needs to stay on this team, he works his tail off every night. I'd like him as a 3rd or 4th line player next year.

Nice to see Barrie get the goal on a play where he came in from the point and took a chance, this should build his confidence until they send him to Erie again for "slipping down to 7th or 8th on the depth chart." Whats even funnier is he has 66% of the goals scored by a dman this year for us in limited playing time.

Landeskog needs to pick up his play, he has been rather quiet this year. We need him to be better.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:17 PM
HockeyFan100
#FreeRedmond

Kaberle got placed on waivers, should we pick him up? He's not very good but he's much better than Hunwick.

HockeyFan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Does that mean Barrie will put up a 59 point season within three years?
No, but how many times has Keith Yandle even had a 45 point season.... The answer is 1.

He had 1 good year, he's a 40-45 point One dimensional Dman. In 3 years Barrie will also be a 40-45 point Dman, only he'll be able to do more then just put up points.

Yandle is overrated, really nothing special about him.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:47 PM
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan100 View Post
Kaberle got placed on waivers, should we pick him up? He's not very good but he's much better than Hunwick.
Not anymore. Hunwick is at least better by his low $ contract.

03-30-2013, 11:01 PM
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Well I guess its nice to see the win, but we really didn't deserve it, if Varly doesn't go all world today we probably lose something like 3-1 or worse. NSH had a bunch of good looks but just couldn't finish.

I thought Barrie, EJ and Hunwick all had solid games on defense.

Varly as noted was all world today, hope this gives him some confidence, unfortunately it looks like he is going to have to post shutouts to have any chance of winning games this year.

This team needs to work on shooting the puck especially Duchene and O'Reilly I counted at least 5 opportunities for those two to put a good shot on net from good positions and they missed the net entirely. I know you want to make a good shot but you can't miss the net that many times from decent shooting positions. I can live with one, but you got to make those chances count and at least make the goalie make a save.

Pajamas needs to stay on this team, he works his tail off every night. I'd like him as a 3rd or 4th line player next year.

Nice to see Barrie get the goal on a play where he came in from the point and took a chance, this should build his confidence until they send him to Erie again for "slipping down to 7th or 8th on the depth chart." Whats even funnier is he has 66% of the goals scored by a dman this year for us in limited playing time.

Landeskog needs to pick up his play, he has been rather quiet this year. We need him to be better.
I think a lot of that is because of the 6'7" goalie for Nashville. They were trying to shoot around him.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:29 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I think a lot of that is because of the 6'7" goalie for Nashville. They were trying to shoot around him.
I've noticed this trend more than just today. When you get good chances you got to get a shot on net. You got to force the goalie to make a save. You don't score on 100% of the shots that don't hit the net.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I've noticed this trend more than just today. When you get good chances you got to get a shot on net. You got to force the goalie to make a save. You don't score on 100% of the shots that don't hit the net.
Sad to say it...but someone needs to remind Landeskog especially. That is his main issue right now. When you are the primary goal scorer on your line, you need to be firing shots. He's probably shooting 1.5-2 less shots a game than he did last year. Sure his goal scoring is slightly up but he is not taking shots from everywhere at all times like he did last year. Can't fall into trying for the perfect scoring chance/shot.

Zandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:51 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan100 View Post
Nah, he's finished. Trust me, I've been a big fan of Thomas Kaberle over his career.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:24 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

I wanted Kabs a couple years ago, but he is done.

Also, he is fustrating to watch because he never, ever, ever shoots the puck.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:34 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
I wanted Kabs a couple years ago, but he is done.

Also, he is fustrating to watch because he never, ever, ever shoots the puck.
He also never, ever, ever throws a hit, and is one of the slowest players in the league at 37, he's done, should call it a career

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:52 AM
blueowl2
Caniac

Varly is our MVP he is a beast

blueowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:57 AM
AvsWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by booser22 View Post
Varly is our MVP he is a beast
Except when we face a NW team.

AvsWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:55 AM
hattrick3518

vCash: 1108
Well hey, had to go into work, but little bear pulled out the win, with an assist to beardsy and frenchy.

hattrick3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:36 AM
McDooRoo

Nice win guys. Varly was stupid good. Sat on his head a lot of the game. Chicago will give you Crawford for Varly in a even trade?

Rinne played pretty good too, but there were a lot of chances there for the Avs to put it away early, but I imagine trying to get the puck around a 6'7 dude is a bit difficult.

Dutchy looked off tonight. Where in the hell did Landeskog's game go? Barrie was awesome.

A person would never guess that at times the last week or so that this is the same team that hammered Chicago.

McDooRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:55 AM
S3rkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDooRoo View Post
Dutchy looked off tonight. Where in the hell did Landeskog's game go?
Did we watch the same game? Both had multiple scoring chances and Rinne robbed them a few times.

S3rkie is offline   Reply With Quote