HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs: Sens or Leafs

View Poll Results: Leafs or Sens
Leafs 94 54.65%
Sens 42 24.42%
Same difference 36 20.93%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Ottawa for me

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Darz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoney View Post
6-0.
1-9-6-7

03-30-2013, 11:17 PM
BayStreetBullies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Leafs and it's not even close. The Sens scare the **** out of me.
Yeah, their fans are pretty ugly.

BayStreetBullies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Darth Joker

It depends on if you want things high-stakes or low-stakes, as I view the two teams as equally problematic for Montreal (I hope we draw someone not in our own division).

The media coverage of Habs/Leafs would be insane. The victory would be incredibly sweet. The lost would be very bitter.

Habs/Sens would have good coverage, but it wouldn't be quite as intense either way.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:13 AM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
That's what I think. I'd love Boston and TO to play each other in the first round and then face the winner. Let them goon each other to death.

The best would be if we won the cup this way though:

Round One: Beat Leafs
Round Two: Beat Bruins
Round Three: Beat Pens
Cup: Beat Chicago

It wouldn't get any better than that.
You are dreaming in technicolour. The odds to win the 6/49 would be better than that happening.

Playoff games are tough and the Habs are not tough enough to win both of those first two series in a row if even to win one. If by some miracle they made it past both the Leafs and Boston, they would be in such rough shape they would barely be able to crawl on the ice against Pittsburgh.

RealityBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:25 AM
The Newfoundlander
#TradeKessel

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Leafs, Sens will have Spezza back and they are good.
Implying that the Leafs aren't good I see. It'll be all the better if they meet and the Leafs knock them out.

I'm fully confident the Leafs can take the Habs in a series

Edit: Spezza's likely done for the season I think.

The Newfoundlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:28 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

I dont care who we face

Hey at some point, you are gonna have to face a team you dont want to play if you want to win the SC

I wasnt in Montreal in 93, but Im sure a lot of Habs fans didnt want to face Quebec in the 1st round (correct me if Im wrong)

It turned out pretty well I would say

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:35 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Hate them both. Both can bring us down in their own way. Sens have hot goalies, are well-coordinated, and get away with interference big time. They can strike our "Achilles heel" of letting goalies look like superstars while burning Carey Price for soft goals.

For Toronto, we can score on them more easily, but they've got high end talent that would shred our defensively horrible players like Bouillon, sometimes the Markov-Emelin pair, and DDelicious' line to pieces. Kadri, Lupul, and Kessel can snipe it against us. Also, if they want to play it cheap and try to injure us as their path to victory, they can get away with it.

Oh, and Grabovski, THAT MOTHER****ING LITTLE PUNK ALWAYS LOOKS DAMN GOOD IN HIS SHIFTS AGAINST US. THE ****ING ****ER JUST HAS IT IN HIM TO TRY AND KILL US EVERY TIME.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:37 AM
habtastic

I'm not at all intimidated by the Leafs size or whatever. They will get burned so bad if they try that stuff in the POs and Carlyle knows what he's doing. He's not going to be able to play guys who can't play D just to start fights that won't happen (since our guys are a smart bunch).

I'm far more wary of Kessel/Lupul/Kadri/Grabovski and actually, to some extent Bozak (has our number) in that they have finally put the puzzle together offensively. They also have a great PK. They're simply a good hockey team with some ****** tactics (there will always be some way for them to screw up just playing a great hockey game, e.g., Habs 2013). When people on this board were doubting them I said just wait until Lupul gets back and I hate being right about that. I imagine that series to be games in which, more often than not, one team will rout the other. The big question is, how long will Reimer's luck last. He is such a horrible goalie, but shooters seem to hit him even if he didn't position himself well. It's almost like if he actually tried to be good, he would mess up what he's got going. Guy has no idea where the puck is.

Their D has improved a lot under Carlyle.

I think Ott has earned enough credit around here to go into details.

Let's just win the division and, as I mentioned before, get home ice until the ECF or maybe even the Finals or maybe...yeah, ok now I'm pushing it.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:21 AM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 212
Part of me says Toronto, the other part says Ottawa. Ottawa just screams spoiler this year, but losing to Ottawa would be easier to take than losing to Toronto, at least for me.

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them."
- PK Subban
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:27 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak5holeguy View Post
Implying that the Leafs aren't good I see. It'll be all the better if they meet and the Leafs knock them out.

a) Or implying that they want to play the Sens for a number of reasons. Did you come here just to find someone who said Sens so you could post that? Oh how a Sat night win against a rival will bring the leaf trolls out for a board stroll.

b) Are you seriously not embarrassed by that picture (your avatar)? Just in case you forgot, everyone hates the leafs.

c) I complemented them a couple of posts above, just so you know that I think they're a good team with a horrible fanbase.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:32 AM
Kovatar

Neither. Ideally we win the division and face NYI, NJD, NYR, or CAR in the first round and Bos-Tor (the two most physical teams in the conference) face each other and go the distance.

Kovatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:58 AM
The Newfoundlander
#TradeKessel

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
a) Or implying that they want to play the Sens for a number of reasons. Did you come here just to find someone who said Sens so you could post that? Oh how a Sat night win against a rival will bring the leaf trolls out for a board stroll.
Nope.

Quote:
b) Are you seriously not embarrassed by that picture (your avatar)?
Nope, why should I be? Cherry just paying the proper players their dues and respects. Not that a Habs fan would know anything about that.

Quote:
Just in case you forgot, everyone hates the leafs.
Good for them.

Quote:
c)I complemented them a couple of posts above, just so you know that I think they're a good team with a horrible fanbase.
Good to know

The Newfoundlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:27 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

What about neither?

I've had enough with those emotional first round series. They drain the hell out of you and you're more likely to get knocked off the playoffs in the second round.

Let's finish 2nd in the East and settle it.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:08 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Nope, why should I be? Cherry just paying the proper players their dues and respects.

Ohhh, is that what that was? Yeah, totally normal programming. Poor Ron, he got some special sauce on his tie during the crossfire.

Old
03-31-2013, 05:08 AM
goleafsgo88

Our board has the same sentiments. Would rather play the Sens because they'd probably be an easier matchup. But a Habs-Leafs series would be something for the ages. Imagine the coverage. The productivity at work in both cities would be at an all-time low

These are the 2 best fanbases, no matter how they feel about each other. And it is this passion for the sport which is why I enjoy it so much.

goleafsgo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 05:36 AM
bib
#believe

What about

Sens first
Then Leafs
Then Pens

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:30 AM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

Quote:

b) Are you seriously not embarrassed by that picture (your avatar)? Just in case you forgot, everyone hates the leafs.

c) I complemented them a couple of posts above, just so you know that I think they're a good team with a horrible fanbase.
Lets get realistic, I wouldn't jump on the "everyone hates the Leafs" theme since they do have the largest fan base of any NHL team.

I live in Montreal, and to be honest, if Montreal fans call any other team a horrible or homer fan base that is definitely the pot calling the kettle black. One thing I do hear in Montreal is a lot of uncalled for Toronto bashing, but when done it just sounds like bitter/petty jealousy since aside from hockey, Toronto has pretty much blown Montreal away in other major sports (Montreal doesn't have any) as well as just about every other financial or economic facet. The Habs are all that Montreal has left, and if the Habs played the Leafs and lost, it would be complete capitulation.

RealityBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:01 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by goleafsgo88 View Post
Our board has the same sentiments. Would rather play the Sens because they'd probably be an easier matchup. But a Habs-Leafs series would be something for the ages. Imagine the coverage. The productivity at work in both cities would be at an all-time low

These are the 2 best fanbases, no matter how they feel about each other. And it is this passion for the sport which is why I enjoy it so much.
I agree, but like I said, I don't want you guys in round one; I want Rangers.
I'd rather your boys play Boston. That way one of you get eliminated, and ill admit, both teams concern me greatly in a series.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:56 PM
puretppc*

Leafs have a good chance of upsetting them

puretppc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by goleafsgo88 View Post

Must be nice to be talking about potential playoff match-ups on your board again

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:02 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

I'm implying they are good without Spezza, with him they'll be much better. No need to get defensive, good on the Leafs to turn it around after 4 straight years of tanking for high picks (averaging a bottom 5 those 4 years).

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:17 PM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

Quote:
I'm not at all intimidated by the Leafs size or whatever. They will get burned so bad if they try that stuff in the POs and Carlyle knows what he's doing. He's not going to be able to play guys who can't play D just to start fights that won't happen (since our guys are a smart bunch).

I'm far more wary of Kessel/Lupul/Kadri/Grabovski and actually, to some extent Bozak (has our number) in that they have finally put the puzzle together offensively. They also have a great PK. They're simply a good hockey team with some ****** tactics (there will always be some way for them to screw up just playing a great hockey game, e.g., Habs 2013). When people on this board were doubting them I said just wait until Lupul gets back and I hate being right about that. I imagine that series to be games in which, more often than not, one team will rout the other. The big question is, how long will Reimer's luck last. He is such a horrible goalie, but shooters seem to hit him even if he didn't position himself well. It's almost like if he actually tried to be good, he would mess up what he's got going. Guy has no idea where the puck is.

Their D has improved a lot under Carlyle.

I think Ott has earned enough credit around here to go into details.

Let's just win the division and, as I mentioned before, get home ice until the ECF or maybe even the Finals or maybe...yeah, ok now I'm pushing it.
Reimers a horrible goalie but better save percentage than Price Good logic

Diatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsWantStanley View Post
Reimers a horrible goalie but better save percentage than Price Good logic
I guess Reimer is no Ben Bishop, using your logic.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:36 PM
icerocket

Leafs because it would be ****ing nuts.

I'm sorry but I don't care about the Sens.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote