HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derick Brassard to ANA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 01:06 PM
  #1
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 500
Derick Brassard to ANA

As usual, Ducks are looking for a 2C upgrade. My initial though was Roy, but I doubt the Stars would trade him within the division.

What would it take to get Brassard out of Columbus? Mind you, we want to make a push in the playoffs, so no Bobby Ryan or similar proposals.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
  #2
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,065
vCash: 500
Roy won't be in division after this season so I don't think it matters. Ducks would be more likely to target the one who would be cheaper and IMO that's Roy.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:17 PM
  #3
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
Columbus needs talented forwards. So either a 1 for 1 swap for a high-end forward prospect or a late 1st round pick with something smaller added.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:18 PM
  #4
DuckTech
In vino veritas
 
DuckTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rural Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Roy won't be in division after this season so I don't think it matters. Ducks would be more likely to target the one who would be cheaper and IMO that's Roy.
We still have a number of games against Dallas this season post trade deadline.

DuckTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:21 PM
  #5
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTech View Post
We still have a number of games against Dallas this season post trade deadline.
If Dallas is trading Roy than they're selling and looking past this year.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:25 PM
  #6
DuckTech
In vino veritas
 
DuckTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rural Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
If Dallas is trading Roy than they're selling and looking past this year.
True, but it seems like teams don't want to play against players they sent away...all that aside I believe the market is to expensive to grab either player IMO.

DuckTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:13 PM
  #7
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 10,982
vCash: 500
Preferably your first round pick, since it would be late. Don't know how Ducks fans feel about that, but either that or a decent forward prospect plus a 2nd/3rd or something.

As much talent as Brass has, I don't think he's in the long-term plans and could use a fresh start. We've got enough forwards under contract, it'd be nice to offload one before the off-season for flexibility, and he just seems to me like the odd man out.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:56 PM
  #8
muckbin15
parros16
 
muckbin15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 133
hows aucoin looking this year? something with aucoin+brassard would probably interest anaheim but only if aucoin could play top 4 minutes with fowler going forward

If he is just another bryan allen then never mind but that is an interesting scenario

muckbin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:00 PM
  #9
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
hows aucoin looking this year? something with aucoin+brassard would probably interest anaheim but only if aucoin could play top 4 minutes with fowler going forward

If he is just another bryan allen then never mind but that is an interesting scenario
You don't want him.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:51 PM
  #10
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
hows aucoin looking this year? something with aucoin+brassard would probably interest anaheim but only if aucoin could play top 4 minutes with fowler going forward

If he is just another bryan allen then never mind but that is an interesting scenario
Aucoin is more of a situational type defender these days. I don't think he would be helpful with top 4 minutes but do think he could help Fowler from a learning standpoint. He's lost a step and is more valuable because of experience and lockerroom leadership than his actual play on the ice. I think he's done a world of good for guys like Moore, Erixon, Prout and Goloubef in Columbus.

Brassard and Aucoin might be a good package for a team but not if you want him playing 22-24 min per night. I happen to think Brass is still valuable and has played well for most of the season. The CBJ offense is fairly devoid of talent on the wings and very few "scorers" exist on this team making it tough on any center. Brass is not a 3 zone dynamo but excellent on the PP and I think his 5v5 play has been solid.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:07 PM
  #11
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,257
vCash: 69
Do not want. Let's keep our eyes on other avenues.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:29 AM
  #12
duxfan8
Registered User
 
duxfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
I'd trade our first, Beleskey and DSP for Brassard. He's signed through next year and would probably be a good fit for Bobby and Palmieri. I think if he's available, we'll be looking. The price may be too high though

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:32 AM
  #13
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
I'd trade our first, Beleskey and DSP for Brassard. He's signed through next year and would probably be a good fit for Bobby and Palmieri. I think if he's available, we'll be looking. The price may be too high though
Whoa way too much. I think Columbus takes that and runs. I wouldn't give that much, not for Brassard anyway.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:47 AM
  #14
duxfan8
Registered User
 
duxfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Whoa way too much. I think Columbus takes that and runs. I wouldn't give that much, not for Brassard anyway.
You're right, that's too steep. Maybe if they add a 3rd or conditional 2nd if they make the playoffs or something like that

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:01 AM
  #15
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,931
vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
I'd trade our first, Beleskey and DSP for Brassard. He's signed through next year and would probably be a good fit for Bobby and Palmieri. I think if he's available, we'll be looking. The price may be too high though
Yeah, too much. I talked about this trade on Columbus' board like a week ago and they were pretty happy with a pick. Considering the prices of other players traded so far, the Ducks would probably have to add a conditional pick or a prospect like Illo or Lind.

Brassard would be a great fit for the Ducks IMO. He could take the 2nd line center place for a year or two until Holland is ready and then you could move him to 3rd line center if he wants to stay. 2nd line has been a mess this season and when there are wingers like Ryan and Selšnne playing there, you have to have someone who can cover their devensive mistakes.

This season:

Palmieri/Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan/Palmieri-Brassard-Selšnne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Etem/Dvorak-Steckel/Bonino/Holland-Staubitz/Beleskey

Next season:

Ryan/Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Palmieri/Ryan-Brassard-Etem
Winnik-Koivu/Bonino-Cogliano
Maroon-Steckel/Bonino/Holland-Rakell/Beleskey/Staubitz

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:14 AM
  #16
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,009
vCash: 500
Definitely want depending on the cost. Any CBJ fans willing to chime in? I'm sure at this point the team is not willing to be sellers unless the return is at least at an equal value.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:49 AM
  #17
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Definitely want depending on the cost. Any CBJ fans willing to chime in? I'm sure at this point the team is not willing to be sellers unless the return is at least at an equal value.
Not trying to be a grinch, but CBJ are a bubble team right now and I thought they wanted to re-build? Wouldn't it be wise to move assets if possible?

I'd think DSP is probably who would interest Columbus the most in the pool of what ANA is willing to give up. So maybe DSP + 5th rounder?

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 05:58 AM
  #18
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Yeah, too much. I talked about this trade on Columbus' board like a week ago and they were pretty happy with a pick. Considering the prices of other players traded so far, the Ducks would probably have to add a conditional pick or a prospect like Illo or Lind.

Brassard would be a great fit for the Ducks IMO. He could take the 2nd line center place for a year or two until Holland is ready and then you could move him to 3rd line center if he wants to stay. 2nd line has been a mess this season and when there are wingers like Ryan and Selšnne playing there, you have to have someone who can cover their devensive mistakes.

This season:

Palmieri/Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan/Palmieri-Brassard-Selšnne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Etem/Dvorak-Steckel/Bonino/Holland-Staubitz/Beleskey

Next season:

Ryan/Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Palmieri/Ryan-Brassard-Etem
Winnik-Koivu/Bonino-Cogliano
Maroon-Steckel/Bonino/Holland-Rakell/Beleskey/Staubitz
Brassard is not the one to do that.

He isn't awful at D but if he has to focus on covering Ryan's and Teemu's gaffes.. that ain't gonna work imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Not trying to be a grinch, but CBJ are a bubble team right now and I thought they wanted to re-build? Wouldn't it be wise to move assets if possible?

I'd think DSP is probably who would interest Columbus the most in the pool of what ANA is willing to give up. So maybe DSP + 5th rounder?
Meh. Not enough. 2nd or 3rd at least.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:12 AM
  #19
Mikey09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
I'd trade our first, Beleskey and DSP for Brassard. He's signed through next year and would probably be a good fit for Bobby and Palmieri. I think if he's available, we'll be looking. The price may be too high though
And what about Rackell?

Mikey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:25 AM
  #20
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Meh. Not enough. 2nd or 3rd at least.

Not according to the market right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
And what about Rackell?
Rakell is looking great, I doubt the Ducks are even contemplating to trade him, unless it really is an impact player.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:30 AM
  #21
Mikey09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 346
vCash: 500

Brassard


1st 2013
Beleskey
Smith-Pelley


This looks really good, but it's possible?

Mikey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:38 AM
  #22
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post

Brassard


1st 2013
Beleskey
Smith-Pelley


This looks really good, but it's possible?
Robbery for Columbus.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:39 AM
  #23
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Not according to the market right now.
What is the market right now?

What's DSP's value? 2nd? Late 2nd?

Late 2nd + another late 2nd or 3rd is fair value for Brassard imo.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:51 AM
  #24
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 3,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
What is the market right now?

What's DSP's value? 2nd? Late 2nd?

Late 2nd + another late 2nd or 3rd is fair value for Brassard imo.
Ducks don't have late 2nd, but they do have NYI's 2nd, which likely wont be late.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:51 AM
  #25
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
I'd give a 1st for Brassard. Guy has a lot of offensive talent, just needs to get it together. If Columbus would take a package around DSP and a 2nd I'd like that even more

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.