Trade Deadline: your call

Old
03-30-2013, 09:05 PM
DougiesGoingDeep

vCash: 500
Bartowski and Caron for Whitney
&
Camper for Jagr

^fill in the draft picks where needed (NO 1sts though)

I'm fine with this AS LONG AS...
A. Soderberg makes it here and Neely, Chia and Julien believe he can contribute this year
B. McQuaid and Kelly will return at some point, either before the playoffs or atleast by the end of the first round

Not the year to sell the farm for someone overpriced IMO

DougiesGoingDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Sam the Lion
**** the Habs

I have to think it is real deflating to a lot of these guys, especially the younger ones, to lose out on Iginla. They've clearly been soul-searching, looking for answers, and it appeared that the Calgary Cavalry was riding into town.

NOPE. Denied.
Now get back after it, and stop gripping your sticks. Work through it.

Sam the Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:09 PM
StoneClode316

Last edited by StoneClode316: 04-18-2014 at 02:45 PM.
StoneClode316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:29 PM
trudatman
ninetyflow.blogspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaritimeHockeyNut View Post
....capitchulate....
thanks for the offer! I'd love one, but please go light on the foam.

the team needs to snap out of it and I agree with everybody that blames the first and third lines. a shaking is in order.

MAR/BER/SEG
CAR/KRE/PAI
DAU(PAN)/PEV/HOR
LUC/CAM/THO

[SOD for CAR and KEL for PAN when available]

CHA/HAM
SEI/BOY
FER/JOH(KRU)

[MCQ for JOH when available]

RAS(KHU)

try to get Jagr. offer Caron and a conditional third. I'm not sure who to pursue for defense, but somebody. it's not like there's anybody to call up from Providence.

trudatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Please look at the standings and look at our record. We are fine. We are just tired. We have played many games in many days. We are still exhausted from winning the Cup in 2011.
No emoticons? People is gonna take you too seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Lou, in theory I agree with you. But I am borderline thinking we should sell at this deadline.

Pitt is a powerhouse and our team looks lifeless and disinterested. Furthermore there is very little that we can add that wont cost us an arm and a leg because there are too many teams still in it.

This is why I said earlier this year that the depth concerned me. I was borderline mocked for it.

Oh well.
Not saying I'm giving up, but we should, at least, listen offers for Horton and Ference. Let's say they return (both, not each) a 1st, 2nd and one good prospect, how about using this package to get one better player (dman would be my choice)? Then Chia could go for another piece (forward/dman). IMO, something has to happen, watching this team right now is beyond disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
I'd like to see Chiarelli do whatever he can do without giving up a top-3 prospect or 1st round pick. Save those assets for the off-season and/or next trade deadline.
Can't see that happening. There are no many sellers and ufa to be right now are way more valuable than signed players because the salary cap is dropping next year.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:32 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post

Not saying I'm giving up, but we should, at least, listen offers for Horton and Ference. Let's say they return (both, not each) a 1st, 2nd and one good prospect, how about using this package to get one better player (dman would be my choice)? Then Chia could go for another piece (forward/dman). IMO, something has to happen, watching this team right now is beyond disgusting.

Can't see that happening. There are no many sellers and ufa to be right now are way more valuable than signed players because the salary cap is dropping next year.
I think Ference is definitely moveable. Horton might be tough given the Ntc but if they get a good offer it would be worth it to ask. I don't think he would waive to a non playoff team but he might to some places.

TCL40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:35 PM
CanadianBruinsFan

I honestly think this incarnation of the Bruins needs to re-tool for next year at this point. If they don't plan on re-signing Horton, trade him off for a good pick or prospect. Decide whether Lucic will ever sac up again or if he's struggling with his new role in life with a baby and needs to learn to adjust, or trade him while he still has high value. 6m is way too much if he doesn't start playing like he did 2 years ago. If not for the second line this team is hot garbage struggling for a playoff spot. Yes, there have been injuries, but even before that they weren't playing anywhere near where they should have been.

I don't mean to sound cynical or dramatic, I just don't see a move or two that could make this team a legit contender. They have been bumbling since the Vancouver game last January. Stumbled their way down the stretch last year, lost to an inferior Washington team, came out hot this year but we all know some of those wins were smoke and mirrors. The only teams in the East I see them beating in a playoff series right now are Ottawa and Toronto. Other than that I think they are smoked. Open to discussion on this but that's just my opinion as far as deadline moves are concerned.

EDIT: I'm aware Horton has a no move, but we have seen them waived before and if he gets the sense he's not wanted, he might accept it to a good Western team assuming Chiarelli wouldn't move him to an East contender.

CanadianBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Andrew83

Quote:
Really though comparing cup winning team to today.

Horton - Krejci - Lucic
Recchi - Bergeron - Marchand
Ryder - Kelly - Peverley
Thornton - Campbell - Paille
+Seguin
Chara - Seidenberg
Ference - McQuaid
Kaberle - Boychuk

Thomas

to today
Horton - Krejci - Lucic
Seguin - Bergeron - Marchand
Scrub - Kelly - Peverley
Thornton - Campbell - Paille
Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Boychuk
Ference - McQuaid

Rask

Theres only a few holes when healthy. So its more an issue of a mindset thing IMO. If and I mean If... You add Soderberg (god willing) plus one significant piece (ie. Roy, Clowe, heck even hemsky) the team has basically the same pieces it needs to win again. So for lack of basically one player you should sell?1?! If it cost you extra pieces to add that significant piece well so be it. Otherwise you can only hope the bruins catch fire again and terrorize the NHL once more. Thats my outlook anywaz, sure it could all go south but to capitchulate is not the bruin way. And yes I hope you are wrong too. lol
Well said. I share a similar outlook. Yes we had a bad March and weren't as dominant even before the injuries and the tough schedule happened. None of that matters once the playoffs begin. It's a whole different mindset and intensity, and we are very much in serious contention with just a couple of moves.

After the season is over the Bruins are in pretty good shape too because two of the bigger disappointments are no longer under contract (Ference & Horton). And Lucic's contract is very tradable if he ever becomes an issue. Peverley could be bought out worst case scenario.

Last edited by Andrew83: 03-30-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Andrew83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:03 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

I got swept up into it and was all for going after the big fish Iginla. Obviously that came up short. Now there isn't a whole lot out there and the guys that are available may require over payments. Maybe a depth move or two is all I feel like at this point. It's not like they will ice a team that will be better than Pittsburgh I would rather take their chances that they can win with a lesser line up (which aren't great I realize but you never know, funny things can happen in the playoffs). No use selling the farm on no one in particualar. I don't even know who I want out of what is available.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:22 AM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

blow it up, rebuild in the offseason.

Caballo Blanco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:02 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

tell a joke and then make a lineup chart.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:08 AM
trudatman
ninetyflow.blogspot

okay: this team and this team.

trudatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:17 AM
Schalkenullvier*

I dreamt tonight that we traded krejci and a second for Danny brière, man I was livid lol

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:44 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
If fighting for 1st overall in your division and thinking , is thought of by a smart person then I "do not think it means what you think it means" - princess bride.
It bothers some people that they don't seem to care about winning the Division and avoiding
Pittsburgh until the ECF. Its only a 48 game schedule. Everyone understands they cant get up for every game in even a shortened season. However this stretch in March is horrible. Far worse than other
March performances. Just look at the blown leads and the last two games against Philly. Please tell
me the last March stretch you saw like this?

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:21 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

All prospects,Horton and Peverley should be on the table or we're just pretending.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:29 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post

Listen to offers for Horty??? How about calling other teams offering him? That`s what I`d do, then again, probably why I`m not an NHL GM

He`s putting forth perhaps the most sad sacked effort I`ve seen in a long time, masked by a game here and there that has fans post the "turning the corner" BS

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:38 AM
C77

Ottawa, Toronto, and Montreal all have new (or relatively new) coaches and their players have all bought in to what they're selling. All three of those teams have been positive surprises this year.

The Bruins are stale and have some passengers that are just along for the ride. We've seen how well this team has played in the past with the same players but they haven't played really good hockey for over a year now.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:46 AM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
I dreamt tonight that we traded krejci and a second for Danny brière, man I was livid lol
Lol!!!! And a second! I woulda woke up in cold sweats and I'd never be able to sleep again.

Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Seems like Isles cannot re-sign Streit.

Deal in the works with Hawks

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
It bothers some people that they don't seem to care about winning the Division and avoiding
Pittsburgh until the ECF. Its only a 48 game schedule. Everyone understands they cant get up for every game in even a shortened season. However this stretch in March is horrible. Far worse than other
March performances. Just look at the blown leads and the last two games against Philly. Please tell
me the last March stretch you saw like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Listen to offers for Horty??? How about calling other teams offering him? That`s what I`d do, then again, probably why I`m not an NHL GM

He`s putting forth perhaps the most sad sacked effort I`ve seen in a long time, masked by a game here and there that has fans post the "turning the corner" BS
Lets hope him and Lucic bring their old savage ways back for the playoffs

Old
03-31-2013, 07:49 AM
bluetib

Horton concussions, Thornton vs Scott, Lucic complacency, Kelly's injury, Thomas departure, Ference who knows why? Mcquaid and Boychuk injuries, Seguin burning swiss league then acting like sophomore year, Chara not reliable..., Bourque on the 3rd line and a slap in the face from Iginla, what's next Claude?

bluetib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post

I'd take him. He has a boat load of skill. Lucky for the hawks

Old
03-31-2013, 07:51 AM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetib View Post
Horton concussions, Thornton vs Scott, Lucic complacency, Kelly's injury, Thomas departure, Ference who knows why? Mcquaid and Boychuk injuries, Seguin burning swiss league then acting like sophomore year, Chara not reliable..., Bourque on the 3rd line and a slap in the face from Iginla, what's next Claude?
Lol! Ya Claude. How dare u let all this happen! Bahahaha

Old
03-31-2013, 07:52 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

Just what they need, more offensive d-men

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:54 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

I don't know if that's quite accurate.

The article said the isles and hawks were discussing Vis+ Frans Nielsen to Chicago. The isles who've been in extension talks with Vis/Streit/Nabby/Boyes, reached agreement with Vis. The writer says the Hawks may turn their attention Streit now.

The NY press is reporting that Snow is saying the Streit extension talks are making good progress and to expect a quiet trade deadline. I guess it's gonna come down to whether Snow blinks, on the number of yrs and if he can get Streit to take only a partial NMC(like Vis).

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote