HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2013, 08:36 AM
  #701
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,174
vCash: 500
MB may sign Ryder before season is out...

Rapala is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:39 AM
  #702
Montreal Shadow
Registered User
 
Montreal Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Horton is garbage. There are better players out there. Jesus christ, again, of all people man.

If you're here to contribute nothing you can just get out of my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
That's... basically why I said he'll lose some aggressiveness.
2006-07: 63 hits in 82 games
2007-08: 81 hits in 82 games
2008-09: 95 hits in 67 games
2009-10: 34 hits in 65 games

2010-11: 74 hits in 80 games
2011-12 32 hits in 46 games
2012-13: 32 hits in 33 games





He was every bit as physical in Florida. Difference is the Bruins culture is different so he was more of a fighter over there. Horton was always known for his aggressive forecheck and style of play. It seems you're implying he's a tough guys only because he's with the Bruins. What worries me are his concussions.

Montreal Shadow is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:40 AM
  #703
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,869
vCash: 500
I definitely agree with the OP. There's also no reason why we can't go for both Ryder and Horton. Depending on what happens with this Kaberle situation, if he gets claimed, there could be another compliance buyout this year. Who's to say it won't be used on Bourque, or even as a more scandalous option, Gionta? Filling in the wings or replacing one of these two wingers is a real possibility.

Draft is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:42 AM
  #704
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 23,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
If you're here to contribute nothing you can just get out of my thread.



2006-07: 63 hits in 82 games
2007-08: 81 hits in 82 games
2008-09: 95 hits in 67 games
2009-10: 34 hits in 65 games

2010-11: 74 hits in 80 games
2011-12 32 hits in 46 games
2012-13: 32 hits in 33 games





He was every bit as physical in Florida. Difference is the Bruins culture is different so he was more of a fighter over there. Horton was always known for his aggressive forecheck and style of play. It seems you're implying he's a tough guys only because he's with the Bruins. What worries me are his concussions.
More referring to the fighting -- hit totals are nothing special, whether it's Boston or Florida.

And concussions worries me as well.

MXD is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:43 AM
  #705
teh doors
worst habs poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Horton is a ****ing joke, come on guys.

teh doors is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:49 AM
  #706
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
People used to largely love White, but White looks like hes out. Trade value ?

yianik is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:50 AM
  #707
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,661
vCash: 50
McKenzie hinting at a sign and trade for Clowe being a possibility for whoever picks him up. Don't know if that's something Boston is interested in, looking at their cap next year.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:50 AM
  #708
PricePkPatch*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,494
vCash: 500
Plus, people saying Horton plays like a caveman should remember the Bruins Effect. Every player stepping in that lockerrom has some weird effect changing their brain chemistry.

I am sure if Horton were to get to Montreal, our coaching staff could make him more reliable and consistent.

PricePkPatch* is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:51 AM
  #709
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,896
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Wasn't there an evaluation that Ellis might be better than Tinordi and Beaulieu.
Whoever said that was clearly not evaluating right. There was a train of thought Ellis was perhaps the closest one to the NHL of the 3 after last season ended, but he has struggled in Hamilton for parts of this season.

Don't think this was posted:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 22m
As for SJ's Ryane Clowe, he has not yet been asked to waive his NTC and he has not provided any list of teams he would be traded to, but...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 19m
...Clowe's agent has been heavily involved with Sharks in determining a potential landing spot. Still some work to be done.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 17m
Still isn't clear to anyone yet whether SJ will be trading Clowe as a pending UFA (rental) or a guy with his extension pre-arranged.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 14m
I suspect all involved in Clowe situation will work today to advance process but whether it results in imminent trade remains to be seen.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:52 AM
  #710
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
McKenzie hinting at a sign and trade for Clowe being a possibility for whoever picks him up. Don't know if that's something Boston is interested in, looking at their cap next year.
Bob also says that Clowe hasnt been approached to waive his ntc and submit a list of teams.............so.....

charlie is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:56 AM
  #711
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,661
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Bob also says that Clowe hasnt been approached to waive his ntc and submit a list of teams.............so.....
Yup, so that (possibly) indicates it's the Clowe camp pushing for an extension before a trade rather than any specific suitor wanting to negotiate with him.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:56 AM
  #712
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Whoever said that was clearly not evaluating right. There was a train of thought Ellis was perhaps the closest one to the NHL of the 3 after last season ended, but he has struggled in Hamilton for parts of this season.

Don't think this was posted:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 22m
As for SJ's Ryane Clowe, he has not yet been asked to waive his NTC and he has not provided any list of teams he would be traded to, but...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 19m
...Clowe's agent has been heavily involved with Sharks in determining a potential landing spot. Still some work to be done.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 17m
Still isn't clear to anyone yet whether SJ will be trading Clowe as a pending UFA (rental) or a guy with his extension pre-arranged.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 14m
I suspect all involved in Clowe situation will work today to advance process but whether it results in imminent trade remains to be seen.

I like what i hear there....if Clowe still got a habs heart we should be seeing him in the next 12 to 48 hr in Montreal....a sign and trade would be awesome.

Habaneros is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:05 AM
  #713
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score
 
MoldyCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,976
vCash: 500
Nathan Horton is an interesting option, imo. Dude IS a playoff performer and has been a rather consistent producer through his career. Although, he might have become soff, but that might be due to injury.

MoldyCakes is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:05 AM
  #714
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Bob also says that Clowe hasnt been approached to waive his ntc and submit a list of teams.............so.....
Askin him to waive is just a formality.

His agent is workin the landing spot.

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 19m
...Clowe's agent has been heavily involved with Sharks in determining a potential landing spot. Still some work to be done.

Habaneros is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:05 AM
  #715
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
If its a sign and trade then I have to think for sure a 1st.

yianik is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:05 AM
  #716
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Askin him to waive is just a formality.

His agent is workin the landing spot.
Bergevin said he wouldn't trade for a rental.


That means Clowe will be traded in a sign and trade type move. Welcome to MTL CLOWE!!!!!!!

Pierre Dagenais is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:07 AM
  #717
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Nathan Horton is an interesting option, imo. Dude IS a playoff performer and has been a rather consistent producer through his career. Although, he might have become soff, but that might be due to injury.
I dont want Horton...also do you guy think bruins trade him to habs?????ya right.
Name the last bruins habs trade.

Habaneros is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:08 AM
  #718
Gary320
Registered User
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
If its a sign and trade then I have to think for sure a 1st.
Id like to get Clowe, but if its a first + prospect for Clowe.. That's just awful.

Gary320 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:08 AM
  #719
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Bergevin said he wouldn't trade for a rental.


That means Clowe will be traded in a sign and trade type move. Welcome to MTL CLOWE!!!!!!!
Not for a first

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:09 AM
  #720
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Bergevin said he wouldn't trade for a rental.


That means Clowe will be traded in a sign and trade type move. Welcome to MTL CLOWE!!!!!!!
Lol...it might be a deal for more than Clowe too..we shall soon see.

It could be Montreal sending a first and something and something for Clowe and something and second or third round pick etc.

Habaneros is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:10 AM
  #721
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,982
vCash: 500
I'm all for Bergevin participating in the Clowe trade talk and forcing the Bruins to pay more for him - but I really hope the target is someone who can play with Bouillon on the bottom pairing.

Mue is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:10 AM
  #722
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score
 
MoldyCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I dont want Horton...also do you guy think bruins trade him to habs?????ya right.
Name the last bruins habs trade.
This thread is about what the poster wants, not whether it is feasible that it could happen.

Depends on which Horton we're getting. If it's the one that produced 17 points in 21 games for the Bruins in their Cup run, yes. If it is the soff one now, I'd be much more wary. But in terms of immediate gains this season, I don't think he'll do much.

MoldyCakes is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:10 AM
  #723
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I definitely agree with the OP. There's also no reason why we can't go for both Ryder and Horton. Depending on what happens with this Kaberle situation, if he gets claimed, there could be another compliance buyout this year. Who's to say it won't be used on Bourque, or even as a more scandalous option, Gionta? Filling in the wings or replacing one of these two wingers is a real possibility.
Why would we buy out Bourque?

Bad Natey is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:11 AM
  #724
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I dont want Horton...also do you guy think bruins trade him to habs?????ya right.
Name the last bruins habs trade.
Read the OP. He'd be brought in as an offseason signing. Guy is UFA.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in depending on the price.

That being said, anyone who is railing on Horton better not also be advocates of going hard after Clowe.

Captain Smurf is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 09:11 AM
  #725
Tyson
Registered User
 
Tyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 6,229
vCash: 500
Habs could use a bit more grit for sure but I am not sure whether you add a seasoned, tough D or a Ryan Clowe type....
Who do you replace? On D it is a no brainer but at forward, not so much.

Tyson is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.