HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 10:31 AM
deandebean

vCash: 500
The Olie Jokinen syndrome is back en force I see. We need a backup on the blue line. That is a given. More than a forward.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:32 AM
The Doors

Habs traded a better player than Clowe because he was declining and had 2 big contract years left.. for the same dough that some stupid team will give Clowe this offseason.. unless it's 2 yrs @ 3 per, sign and trade for him is a bad move

If Bourque is gone for the season, fine, but if not please spend those assets on a defenceman

Old
03-31-2013, 10:32 AM
OpenIceHit

Anyway let's stop this non sense comparison between Gionta and Clowe. Two different types of players. Bad contracts are bad contracts, that's all.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:33 AM
EveryDay

I would like Clowe(with extension) for Leblanc + 2nd

Old
03-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

No bidding wars for sure. We will have a chance to be great for years to come with this upcoming draft. Yet, people will have to remember that....if Boston beats us thanks to Clowe, let's hope people won't ask for Bergevin's head or anything...I would NOT give a 1st for Clowe. Makes no sense....2nd and something? For sure. I would hope they'd take Moen, a second-tier prospect (I'd have no problem giving Holland and a high second. For Clowe and a 4th and/or Lalancette, Galiardi or something like that. Clowe will have to get re-signed though. And we never know...instead of sending a 1st...wouldn't you be willing to start unloading some of your 2nd tier D like Ellis or Pateryn? There are way more chance that even in last part of your 1st rounder, if you want to get a D....they will end up of better value than Pateryn, or even Ellis, who you all know I love very much. I think this needs some tweaking....but everything to NOT give a 1st rounder. Not this year.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Hugo Sham

obviously something is up. not saying habs get clowe, but waiving Kaberle means they're trying to free up money. Is it for a Clowe extension? If they acquire Clowe, I expect they might have to move someone like Moen - as he has 3 more years. I would also expect they keep white because he's cheap and still may also deal for a tough guy.

Something like this might happen for a signed clowe:

Leblanc, Calgary's 2nd and Moen or White

Old
Physical HABuse

I thought this thread was about getting people at the deadline. I've been reading about Horton.....Chara.....etc. in this thread......is it at all realistic that Boston would trade with us, at the deadline going into the playoffs, let alone trade any of those players listed? Or are we saying that there will be a complicated 3 team trade with deception thrown Boston's way to acquire one of those players
As well, we talk about trading our captain Gionta or Desharnais, 2 well liked team guys.....two good guys in the locker room.....not to mention very important contributors during the year. Can anyone deny the contributions they have made this year, e.g., timely goals? Game in game out, a different cog has made a contribution each time and has resulted in the present record we have. Why would we get rid of anyone of those cogs? Can we make some improvements? Yes, another Dman to unload some minutes from Markov.....another big, rough body with a bit more skill than Armstrong or White have. We get way unfocussed in threads like this sometimes.

Old
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

I'd like to get Kristo signed and bring him in and then trade for Bouwmeester.

Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Brendan Gallagher
Michael Ryder - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Danny Kristo
Brandon Prust - Jeff Halpern - Ryan White

PK Subban - Josh Gorges
Andrei Markov - Jay Bouwmeester
Alexei Emelin - Francis Bouillon

*This is all assuming Diaz and Bourque can't get back in the lineup this season.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Bill McNeal

Current state of Ryane Clowe affairs: Both Habs and Bruins fans are kinda interested in their team acquiring him under the right circumstances, but a larger part of them secretly hopes their rival massively overpays for him, after which they'll troll the Hell out of the other fanbase.

Which probably means he'll end up in Pittsburgh for an autographed Rob Brown stick.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:37 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
He could have a **** ring and I could not care less. That was almost 10 years ago. Gomez has a ring too. If only I knew that cup rings could differentiate a good player from a bad one, I could seriously debate with you.
Gionta is the Captain of a winning team, playing excellent two-way hockey against the top lines of the opposition, while near the top of his team in goal scoring as well. Did you see him going down to block shots yesterday? He brings a total compete level to the game, along with good production.

I'm really sorry if his past with Gomez has hypnotized you and you don't watch the games properly.

By the way, he was part of the leadership group that took us to the semi-finals in 2010, and he was second on the team in goals scored behind Cammalleri. DESPITE having that bum Gomez for a centreman!

Old
03-31-2013, 10:38 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
The Olie Jokinen syndrome is back en force I see. We need a backup on the blue line. That is a given. More than a forward.
Look back to a Vancouver ,what did they decide to add after cup loss?they got beat around by who?
Nucks seen first hand they was soft upfront..

Habs need a guy like Clowe,he is like Milan Lucic...
Clowe is an intense player who plays on the edge...sometimes goes over it.

Makin playoffs is one thing,winning the cup is another...you need the beef up front,guys who are tough and rugged and will punch you in the face in if ya start any crap.

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-31-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old
03-31-2013, 10:39 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Habs traded a better player than Clowe because he was declining and had 2 big contract years left.. for the same dough that some stupid team will give Clowe this offseason.. unless it's 2 yrs @ 3 per, sign and trade for him is a bad move
YES, well said!!! Even 2 x $3M is rich for a guy with shrivelled production and two lost steps (one each of the past two years).

Old
03-31-2013, 10:40 AM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
I'd like to get Kristo signed and bring him in and then trade for Bouwmeester.

Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Brendan Gallagher
Michael Ryder - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Danny Kristo
Brandon Prust - Jeff Halpern - Ryan White

PK Subban - Josh Gorges
Andrei Markov - Jay Bouwmeester
Alexei Emelin - Francis Bouillon

*This is all assuming Diaz and Bourque can't get back in the lineup this season.
I like this but what do you trade for JBo?

Old
03-31-2013, 10:40 AM
Tyson

Habs have a cupboard full of solid prospects with another draft around the corner. They are playing as good as any Habs team has played in the last 25 years. You are in the top couple of teams in the league. Do you go as is or do you continue expanding the prospects cupboard? Not all prospects will play for Montreal, they are assets that can be leveraged.
Example- Ellis seems to be a solid prospect but Dietz and Thrower are right around the corner....
Leblanc seems to be moving down the depth chart, maybe he can be leveraged...
Habs are in a great position and have to go for it or keep adding to the cupboard. It will be interesting to see how 3 April unfolds.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:45 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Look back to a Vancouver ,what did they decide to add after cup loss?they got beat around by who?

Habs need a guy like Clowe,he is like Milan Lucic...
Clowe is an intense player who plays on the edge...sometimes goes over it.

Makin playoffs is one thing,winning the cup is another...you need the beef up front,guys who are tough and rugged and will punch you in the face in if ya start any crap.
Jokinen was the joke of the trade deadline that year.

Anyways, we need backup at the blueline. The Habs wil not play a 20 year old rookie come playoff time.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:47 AM
PricePkPatch

Would be nice to have Clowe. If people's report about the level of board-battle he can produce, he'd be probably good on Desharnais's left side. Move Patch down with Eller.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:49 AM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Gionta is the Captain of a winning team, playing excellent two-way hockey against the top lines of the opposition, while near the top of his team in goal scoring as well. Did you see him going down to block shots yesterday? He brings a total compete level to the game, along with good production.

I'm really sorry if his past with Gomez has hypnotized you and you don't watch the games properly.

By the way, he was part of the leadership group that took us to the semi-finals in 2010, and he was second on the team in goals scored behind Cammalleri. DESPITE having that bum Gomez for a centreman!
I'm not denying his contribution to the team. I don't really want him traded ... right now. But IMO a 10 year old cup ring doesn't mean much to me, that's what I'm saying.

I was comparing contracts, that's all, not the players. And yes, 4M per might look far fetched but that's pretty much what he will get on the market on July 1st.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:52 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I like this but what do you trade for JBo?
2nd, Leblanc, Weber? Not sure if that gets it done. I mean...with Feaster you never know really, lol.

I think it will be picks and prospects though..Calgary finally looks to be rebuilding.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:54 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Jokinen was the joke of the trade deadline that year.

Anyways, we need backup at the blueline. The Habs wil not play a 20 year old rookie come playoff time.
Crazy idea.

After a two-year hiatus for personal reasons, Paul Ranger is on an AHL contract with the Marlies and seems to have had a GREAT comeback year, +17 and 25 points. He has NHL skating ability and a past with good two-way play in the BIGS. Fairly big at 6'2" and 215 lbs and still only 28 years old.

He may need to clear waivers before we can play him, but I'm not sure, the AHL is not Europe.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
I'd take Clowe as a rental...

Montreal's second and Leblanc for Clowe.

JayBo would be sweet as well but comes with a hefty cap hit and would cost more then a 2nd and Leblanc.

I would not be willing to give up a first in this years draft in Bergevin's place

Old
03-31-2013, 10:59 AM
PricePkPatch

If you had to chose between Jagr and Clowe, which one would you go for?

Jagr for Pleky, Clowe for Desharnais..?

Old
03-31-2013, 11:00 AM
habsfanatics

No ty to clowe

Old
03-31-2013, 11:03 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post

Jagr for both

I like Clowe, but no way I pay a 1st + prospect.

A 1st? Sure.

A prospect (not Beaulieu, Tinordi, or Leblanc)? Sure.

Both? No way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Crazy idea.

After a two-year hiatus for personal reasons, Paul Ranger is on an AHL contract with the Marlies and seems to have had a GREAT comeback year, +17 and 25 points. He has NHL skating ability and a past with good two-way play in the BIGS. Fairly big at 6'2" and 215 lbs and still only 28 years old.

He may need to clear waivers before we can play him, but I'm not sure, the AHL is not Europe.
If he's just on a Marlies contract, he'd need to clear I think.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:05 AM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post

Jagr all day long!

Ryder - Plekanec - Jagr
Pac - DD - Gallagher
Prust - Eller - Gionta

Old
03-31-2013, 11:06 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Jagr all day long!

Ryder - Plekanec - Jagr
Prust - Eller - Gionta
Patch-DD-Gallagher
Prust-Halpern-[Whatever]

You do realize this means Chuckie sits? It's not necessarily a bad thing. After all, 2011 Bruins made Seguin sit for some part of the playoffs. It's good to have hungry depth.

Closed Thread