HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2013, 11:08 AM
  #776
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Patch-DD-Gallagher
Prust-Halpern-[Whatever]

You do realize this means Chuckie sits? It's not necessarily a bad thing. After all, 2011 Bruins made Seguin sit for some part of the playoffs. It's good to have hungry depth.
Gotcha with a quick ninja edit. I think he'll definitely get Seguin treatment in the playoffs at times, it's not a bad thing at all. Therrien will take good care of that situation.. it's an interesting 4th line option too because his talent way higher than many other teams 4th line matchups

The Doors is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:09 AM
  #777
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,121
vCash: 500
You guys have Prust on two lines..

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:09 AM
  #778
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Jagr for both

I like Clowe, but no way I pay a 1st + prospect.

A 1st? Sure.

A prospect (not Beaulieu, Tinordi, or Leblanc)? Sure.

Both? No way.


If he's just on a Marlies contract, he'd need to clear I think.
So what do we have to lose by signing him. If we lose him to waivers, big deal.

BaseballCoach is online now  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:11 AM
  #779
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Gotcha with a quick ninja edit. I think he'll definitely get Seguin treatment in the playoffs at times, it's not a bad thing at all. Therrien will take good care of that situation..
Damn, I just realized I put Prust twice..

Ryder-Plek-Jagr
Patch-DD-Gally
Bourque/Prust-Eller-Gionta
Prust/Armstrong-Halpern-Moen

Conditional on Bourque coming back, obviously. We have Chuckie on standby as emergency depth.

If we could land Clowe as well, it'll mean

Ryder-Plek-Jagr
Clowe-DD-Gally
Patch/Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Bourque-Halpern-Prust

That's starting to be scart depth.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:13 AM
  #780
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Damn, I just realized I put Prust twice..

Ryder-Plek-Jagr
Patch-DD-Gally
Bourque/Prust-Eller-Gionta
Prust/Armstrong-Halpern-Moen

Conditional on Bourque coming back, obviously. We have Chuckie on standby as emergency depth.

If we could land Clowe as well, it'll mean

Ryder-Plek-Jagr
Clowe-DD-Gally
Patch/Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Bourque-Halpern-Prust

That's starting to be scart depth.
I think Prust will hold down 3rd line LW especially in the postseason where we have some interesting options for veteran shutdowns lines... Gotta figure if Bourque isn't coming back MB moves for a veteran forward unless the Clowe/Jagr/etc price is way too high, if Bourque is healthy I don't think he trade for a F... even still I'm excited about the depth of the team... people say what they will about Moen, Armstrong, White but all three players can bring good things to a lineup and there's a chance the team has 2 forwards in the pressbox that can play a regular shift easily. Nice problem

The Doors is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:14 AM
  #781
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup
 
Rapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Man I'm getting stoked...Actually burning up.
All this speculation all these possibilities...
MB what do you have up your sleeve?
My "Spidey Senses" are tingling.

I don't expect we will stand pat. It doesn't make sense from an organizational point of view.
We need to provide some of these younger players with playoff experience.
Our War Chest is far from bare...
Regardless of what MB says to the media the organization has already identified moveable assets.
We need to go as deep as possible this year.

Just a thought anyone remember what happened to the Pens the last time they were this heavily favoured ?

Islanders you up for it ... LOL

Did I mention I'm stoked?

Rapala is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:15 AM
  #782
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
I think Prust will hold down 3rd line LW especially in the postseason where we have some interesting options for veteran shutdowns lines... Gotta figure if Bourque isn't coming back MB moves for a veteran forward unless the Clowe/Jagr/etc price is way too high, if Bourque is healthy I don't think he trade for a F... even still I'm excited about the depth of the team... people say what they will about Moen, Armstrong, White but all three players can bring good things to a lineup and there's a chance the team has 2 forwards in the pressbox that can play a regular shift easily. Nice problem
Pretty much.

Also, if you are "forced" to use Bourque and Prust on the 4th line because you have too much winger depth (ohhhh.... ), you can always, once in a while, put Eller as their 4th-line centre and wreck havoc.

I know Eller is much too skilled to play regular 4th line duty, but he proved me this year that his skillset is strangely perfect for ELITE 4th line puck control.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:18 AM
  #783
Lions999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 933
vCash: 500
Pleks -ryder-patches
eller-gally-chuckie
dd-gionta-clowe
prust-halpern-army

Lions999 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:19 AM
  #784
Gally11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
You guys have Prust on two lines..
He's that good

Gally11 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:21 AM
  #785
Gally11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,615
vCash: 500
like someone said earlier if Bourque is coming back a forward doesn't make sense unless one is going the other way... Like if you get Jagr for instance its like

patches dd gally
ryder pleks jagr
bourque eller gionta
prust halpern chuckie

looks good offensively but feels like there's missing something with size in bottom six for grinding out games

Gally11 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:21 AM
  #786
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Pretty much.

Also, if you are "forced" to use Bourque and Prust on the 4th line because you have too much winger depth (ohhhh.... ), you can always, once in a while, put Eller as their 4th-line centre and wreck havoc.

I know Eller is much too skilled to play regular 4th line duty, but he proved me this year that his skillset is strangely perfect for ELITE 4th line puck control.
1. Plekanec
2. Pacioretty
3. Ryder
4. Gionta
5. Gallagher
6. Desharnais
7. Bourque (or a trade replacement, Clowe/Jagr)
8. Eller
9. Prust
10. Galchenyuk
11. Moen
12. Halpern
13. Armstrong
14. White
15. Dumont

Sorry I just had to write it out, damn the group is deep. Imagine Jagr adding that pure offensive threat? Damn.

The Doors is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:22 AM
  #787
habsroom
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
It is very simple what we need here in Montreal A winger with size and grit that can play in the top 9 and a right handed defenseman with some size and grit that can play on the third pairing with Bouillon if Daiz doesn't return to the lineup.

If I was MB I would be looking at the following forwards in this order...............

1 Clowe, winger - Sharks 6-2 225 plays 17 minutes a game can score /fight
2 Chimera, forward -Caps 6-3 215 plays 14 minutes a game. can skate
3 Chipchura, forward- Pho 6-2 210 would bring grit to the fourth line can fight
4 Hendricks, forward- Caps 6 /215 Can skate and fight would help fourth line
5 Torros, winger Pho 6/210 Can bring grit/scoring to the 3rd/4th lines

As you can see there isn't alot of good depth forwards on the market and if you want to get one that has size/grit and can play in the top 9 it looks like Clowe or Chimera are the only 2 that fits the bill so we will have to over pay to get 1 of them.

On defense there seems to be more players that fit the bill I would be looking at them in this order if I was MB ................

1 Regehr LD -Buffalo 6-3 225 Plays rough and would be a great fit in Montreal.
2 Smid LD -Oilers 6-3 210 Plays rough and likes to hit would also fit in Montreal
3 O'Byrne RD- Avs 6-6 230 Plays a tough game and is right handed.
4 Strachan RD- Flo 6-3 215 Plays a rough game and could sit if daiz comes back.
5 Weber LD - Buffalo 6-2 220 Would be a 6/7 guy to add depth plays hard.
6 Peckhamm LD-Oilers 6-2 235 Would be a 6/7 to add depth and he can fight.
7 Aucoin RD - CBJ 6-2 215 Would add depth but little grit.
8 Fistric LD -Oilers 6-2 235 Would and size and depth and would come cheap.

And for those of you fans(me included) that would like to have a tough guy in the lineup if we have to face Boston or Toronto there are a few guy there for the pickings and would come cheap..................

1 McGratton W-Flames 6-4 235 He would kill Thorton and be the favorite against Orr/MacLaren. He would cost maybe 6/7 round pick

2 Scott W -Buffalo 6-8 270 He killed Thorton this year in a fight and would match up great with Orr or MacLaren. He would cost 6/7 pick.

3 Bordeleau W Avs 6-5 235 He is a beast and is from Montreal and wouldn't take a back seat to the goons from Boston or Toronto would cost 6/7 round pick.


Here is what we have to give up to get the players we need....

1= one of the 3 second round picks this year(hate to trade 2nd picks)
2= Weber
3= White
4= Leblanc
5= Ellis or Patyern
6= late round draft picks 4 to 7th rounds
7 = Kaberle (wishful thinking)
8= Dumont
9= Blunden
10= 1 of Holland/ Bournival/Quailer

Lets get it done MB trade for Clowe and Regher or Smid and why not throw in McGratton to beat on some Leafs and Bruins. GO HABS GO

habsroom is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:24 AM
  #788
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
@Gally11 true but you've got three grinders in Moen, Armstrong, White in the press box man, there's your answer

The Doors is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:28 AM
  #789
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors
@Gally11 true but you've got three grinders in Moen, Armstrong, White in the press box man, there's your answer
They are to be employed as needed during a playoff run. To rest someone having problem, or acting as injury plug, or simply add a bit of sandpaper to the game if we are having problems.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:31 AM
  #790
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,122
vCash: 500
Smid or nothing for me. It depends of the injuries but when heatlhy, I'm actually quite confident with the team we already have.

ChuckyToGally is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:33 AM
  #791
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,033
vCash: 500
The most I'd give for Clowe would be a 2nd + Leblanc or Holland and that's it

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:34 AM
  #792
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,944
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
The most I'd give for Clowe would be a 2nd + Leblanc or Holland and that's it
Leblanc and our 2nd. No more, no less. Even then, I'd rather not lose a 2nd.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:35 AM
  #793
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,126
vCash: 500
I really hope we land Clowe or Jagr..

We'll be able to go to the Pen fans, and tell them:



You know what this implies? Prepare for WAR!


PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:36 AM
  #794
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
I'd rather just deal our 1st along with a middling prospect like Pateryn. But that's still a very steep price for a guy who might only have a pint here and go on his merry way in the summer.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:38 AM
  #795
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsroom View Post
It is very simple what we need here in Montreal A winger with size and grit that can play in the top 9 and a right handed defenseman with some size and grit that can play on the third pairing with Bouillon if Daiz doesn't return to the lineup.

If I was MB I would be looking at the following forwards in this order...............

1 Clowe, winger - Sharks 6-2 225 plays 17 minutes a game can score /fight
2 Chimera, forward -Caps 6-3 215 plays 14 minutes a game. can skate
3 Chipchura, forward- Pho 6-2 210 would bring grit to the fourth line can fight
4 Hendricks, forward- Caps 6 /215 Can skate and fight would help fourth line
5 Torros, winger Pho 6/210 Can bring grit/scoring to the 3rd/4th lines

As you can see there isn't alot of good depth forwards on the market and if you want to get one that has size/grit and can play in the top 9 it looks like Clowe or Chimera are the only 2 that fits the bill so we will have to over pay to get 1 of them.

On defense there seems to be more players that fit the bill I would be looking at them in this order if I was MB ................

1 Regehr LD -Buffalo 6-3 225 Plays rough and would be a great fit in Montreal.
2 Smid LD -Oilers 6-3 210 Plays rough and likes to hit would also fit in Montreal
3 O'Byrne RD- Avs 6-6 230 Plays a tough game and is right handed.
4 Strachan RD- Flo 6-3 215 Plays a rough game and could sit if daiz comes back.
5 Weber LD - Buffalo 6-2 220 Would be a 6/7 guy to add depth plays hard.
6 Peckhamm LD-Oilers 6-2 235 Would be a 6/7 to add depth and he can fight.
7 Aucoin RD - CBJ 6-2 215 Would add depth but little grit.
8 Fistric LD -Oilers 6-2 235 Would and size and depth and would come cheap.

And for those of you fans(me included) that would like to have a tough guy in the lineup if we have to face Boston or Toronto there are a few guy there for the pickings and would come cheap..................

1 McGratton W-Flames 6-4 235 He would kill Thorton and be the favorite against Orr/MacLaren. He would cost maybe 6/7 round pick

2 Scott W -Buffalo 6-8 270 He killed Thorton this year in a fight and would match up great with Orr or MacLaren. He would cost 6/7 pick.

3 Bordeleau W Avs 6-5 235 He is a beast and is from Montreal and wouldn't take a back seat to the goons from Boston or Toronto would cost 6/7 round pick.


Here is what we have to give up to get the players we need....

1= one of the 3 second round picks this year(hate to trade 2nd picks)
2= Weber
3= White
4= Leblanc
5= Ellis or Patyern
6= late round draft picks 4 to 7th rounds
7 = Kaberle (wishful thinking)
8= Dumont
9= Blunden
10= 1 of Holland/ Bournival/Quailer

Lets get it done MB trade for Clowe and Regher or Smid and why not throw in McGratton to beat on some Leafs and Bruins. GO HABS GO
Who says guys don't like shopping? This whole thread is like an asset mall for guys.

On your forward list, I love the idea of getting Jason Chimera. He's getting on in age but was great last year in the playoffs. Hendricks or Clowe would be good too, but I'm concerned about Clowe's effectiveness after the injuries he's had.

Defensemen... Regher would be my pick.

I'd be happy going into the playoffs with any of the tough guys on your list.

On your trade list, I would NOT touch Dumont. I like the guy's game and think he could be very good a-la Gionta in a few years. I don't think Bergevin will trade anyone who could help us in the future for a player who'll only be effective for us this season.

Lshap is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:41 AM
  #796
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I really hope we land Clowe or Jagr..

We'll be able to go to the Pen fans, and tell them:



You know what this implies? Prepare for WAR!

So how about,

MTL 2nd + 5th for Klesla
CGY 2nd for Jagr

At the draft, Gionta for a 2nd and Moen for a 5th, and resign Jagr to play with Plekanec and a healthy Bourque and sign Bordeleau to replace Moen. Yeah. If only it were that easy!

The Doors is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:44 AM
  #797
Picaroon
Registered User
 
Picaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Smid or nothing for me. It depends of the injuries but when heatlhy, I'm actually quite confident with the team we already have.
Is he actually available though? He's a good middle aged D-man on a very thin defensive squad. He's my number one choice too and probably the only move I would make. We are fine at forward. We can make decisions for our forward group in the off season.
A D group of

Gorges---------Subban
Markov---------Emelin
Smid-----------Diaz
Bouillon

Looks great to me. A physical, non rental, D-man should be the number one target for this team.

Picaroon is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:47 AM
  #798
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,944
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
Is he actually available though? He's a good middle aged D-man on a very thin defensive squad. He's my number one choice too and probably the only move I would make. We are fine at forward. We can make decisions for our forward group in the off season.
A D group of

Gorges---------Subban
Markov---------Emelin
Smid-----------Diaz
Bouillon

Looks great to me. A physical, non rental, D-man should be the number one target for this team.
Bouillon won't be benched as long as Therrien is coach.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:49 AM
  #799
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,899
vCash: 500
Okay, Im trying to figure out a fair value for Clowe based on recent moves. Both Iggy and Clowe limit the market with NTC clauses. Iggy is head and shoulders above Clowe in skill and production, and hes also tough, but not a fighter like Clowe, and is having a decent year. You can talk all you want about Clowe snapping out of it but production wise hes having a horrble year and his production has gone down last couple of years. Flames got a late 1st and 2 prospects with low odds on making the NHL and if they do, bottom kind of guys. I would say Ryan White and a 4th equals these guys. Murray got the Sharks a 2nd and conditional 2nd. A late 2nd for an unsigned Clowe along with White and a 4th sounds right. For a signed Clowe our 2nd this year, our 2nd in 2014, our 4th this year and White. No way either our 1st or Calgarys 2nd. If MB really thinks we could make some noise and wants to size and toughen up against the Bruins, especially if Bourque is doubtful then maybe Nashvilles 2nd this year instaed of ours next year, but thats it for me.

yianik is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 11:50 AM
  #800
Picaroon
Registered User
 
Picaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Bouillon won't be benched as long as Therrien is coach.
And he doesn't really deserve to be either. I'm pretty sure Therrien will go with whoever is playing best. He hasn't been that biases compared to Martin. The way things have been going lately I'd be happy rotating him and Emelin. Then seeing who comes out on top.

Picaroon is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.