HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Your 16 teams for the playoffs?

Old
02-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
You want to save your credibility while people might still give you the chance? Or do you honestly believe that the Blackhawks are going to go 7-21-1 from here on out? Blackhawks can go 9-17-3 and still make the playoffs.
He has none, I'm afraid. Take a look through his posting history, and his posts are always extremely biased towards our fanbase.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Orr123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
People still don't have Ottawa in the playoffs?

I'm not supremely confident, but the way they are playing I think it's unlikely they completely fall apart. They have good goaltending, a great system and hard working players. They'll likely limp into the playoffs (especially with Spezza, Michalek, Anderson and Regin coming back).
I'm not totally confident they make it and I'm a huge fan. Each game they play, it's like I'm watching a horror movie, with my eyes half covered and biting my nails like crazy.

They have done amazing with what they have the last two weeks, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them tire out and go on a massive down slide. But at the same time, I wouldn't be totally shocked to see them squeak in.

Orr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:03 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
East

1.Boston Bruins
2.New Jersey Devils
3.Tampa Bay Lightning
4.Pittsburgh Penguins
5.Montreal Candiens
6.New York Rangers
7.Ottawa Senators
8.Toronto Maple Leafs

West

1.Chicago Blackhawks
2.Anaheim Ducks
3.Vancouver Canucks
4.St.Louis Blues
5.Nashville Predators
6.Detroit Red Wings
7.San Jose Sharks
8.Los Angeles Kings

East Playoffs

Bruins beat Leafs 4-1
Devils beat Sens 4-2
Rangers beat Tampa Bay 4-3
Penguins beat Habs 4-1

Bruins beat Rangers 4-3
Devils beat Penguins 4-2

Bruins beat Devils 4-3

West Playoffs

Blackhawks beat Kings 4-2
Ducks beat Sharks 4-2
Red Wings beat Canucks 4-2
Blues beat Predators 4-3

Blackhawks beat Red Wings 4-3
Blues beat Ducks 4-1

Blues beat Blackhawks 4-2

Stanley Cup Final

Bruins beat Blues 4-3
This would be the most gloriously painful thing that ever happened to me.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:39 AM
DrizzyTO
We Have Best Friends

vCash: 954
Glorified bump?

DrizzyTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Karl

It is always fun revisiting these prediction threads when they are made so early in the season.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Muh
Beadle

I butchered the ECF, badly.

Feel good about having Ducks in my preseason playoff picture, just didn't have them that high.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:57 AM
MMonarchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Feel good about having Ducks in my preseason playoff picture, just didn't have them that high.
The biggest homers probably didn't either

MMonarchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:04 AM
TheTechNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechNoir View Post
1. BOS
2. NJD
3. TBL (I think they win the division, not that they have third most pts in conference!)
4. PIT
5. OTT
6. NYR
7. MTL
8. PHI

Not so sure with the West so a little guess work (well obviously it is all guessing, but a few of my guesses are with very little to no supporting reasons in the west)

1. CHI (I think they will have a slump at some point but regardless of their incredible start they'd be a top 4 seed anyway so they'll make up for it and prob still win the conference tho I think it will get close)
2. VAN
3. PHX
4. STL
5. LA (main issue for them is being in stacked PAC division)
6. NSH
7. SJS
8. DET

Maybe MIN will prove me wrong but I couldn't believe some of the comments I read from some people in the pre-season about how good MIN was, some even saying they would finish ahead of VAN and stuff.

So many good teams it's hard to choose who is ahead of who from 4-8. I feel crazy putting SJS at 7 but at the same time I feel just as crazy putting NSH at 7 for example.

I feel weird putting Anaheim out of the playoffs but I don't see any of those 8 teams missing it either. It feels so wrong to say it, but if any of those teams doesn't make it, it's probably DET.
Quote your post from earlier in the thread and compare to current standings, since current standings are starting to become meaningful with the season winding down. I remember originally being amazed that so many people didn't have LAK on their list. Is that still a common sentiment?

1. BOS
2. NJD
3. TBL
4. PIT
5. OTT
6. NYR
7. MTL
8. PHI

I was thinking PHI or TOR for the 8th spot to be fair, but had to pick one so went with my favourite team, phi.
Looks like I might end up right about only one SE team making it, tho the wrong one.

Other than that, it is subject to change but currently my list is right if you replace PHI with TOR and TBL with WPG.

1. CHI (I think they will have a slump at some point but regardless of their incredible start they'd be a top 4 seed anyway so they'll make up for it and prob still win the conference tho I think it will get close)
2. VAN
3. PHX
4. STL
6. NSH
7. SJS
8. DET

I was definitely off with MIN, thinking they were unrealistic to be as good as Vancouver. Vancouver has two less ROW's with same pts/GP.

Replace PHX & NSH with Anaheim & Minnesota.
With Anaheim, I did elaborate in a later post about how if I were making a money bet or something or taking this seriously, odds, etc. I would most definitely have them there. But this is just for fun and because I couldn't picture any of the teams I picked missing the playoffs or if one did in place of Anaheim, couldn't figure out who, I kept it how it was. Clearly Anaheim has not only avoided a major slump but hasn't really missed a beat. I did pretty bad but I'm curious how other people's predictions are looking compared to now.

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:08 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMonarchs View Post
The biggest homers probably didn't either
I honestly thought we were going to miss the playoffs this year and pick around 9-12

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:16 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Pits wins. Thats all i care to guess on.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Jaded-Fan

I did not notice the dates at first and wondered if people thought Crosby's injury would have that huge an impact for Pittsburgh to be so low on so many lists. Heh.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:45 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechNoir View Post
Quote your post from earlier in the thread and compare to current standings, since current standings are starting to become meaningful with the season winding down. I remember originally being amazed that so many people didn't have LAK on their list. Is that still a common sentiment?

1. BOS
2. NJD
3. TBL
4. PIT
5. OTT
6. NYR
7. MTL
8. PHI

I was thinking PHI or TOR for the 8th spot to be fair, but had to pick one so went with my favourite team, phi.
Looks like I might end up right about only one SE team making it, tho the wrong one.

Other than that, it is subject to change but currently my list is right if you replace PHI with TOR and TBL with WPG.

2. VAN
3. PHX
4. STL
6. NSH
7. SJS
8. DET

I was definitely off with MIN, thinking they were unrealistic to be as good as Vancouver. Vancouver has two less ROW's with same pts/GP.

Replace PHX & NSH with Anaheim & Minnesota.
With Anaheim, I did elaborate in a later post about how if I were making a money bet or something or taking this seriously, odds, etc. I would most definitely have them there. But this is just for fun and because I couldn't picture any of the teams I picked missing the playoffs or if one did in place of Anaheim, couldn't figure out who, I kept it how it was. Clearly Anaheim has not only avoided a major slump but hasn't really missed a beat. I did pretty bad but I'm curious how other people's predictions are looking compared to now.
A lot of people don't watch WEST hockey, and think the Kings are some sort of fluke.

Plenty of people thought they wouldn't make the playoff's.

The slow start just reinforced that idea.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:07 AM
TheTechNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
A lot of people don't watch WEST hockey, and think the Kings are some sort of fluke.

Plenty of people thought they wouldn't make the playoff's.

The slow start just reinforced that idea.
Ah, gotcha. Definitely an incorrect belief. They were a cup favourite that became a cup winner last year for a reason. =)

My hope is still alive that they become the first back-to-back repeat champion since Detroit.

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote