HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derick Brassard to ANA

Old
03-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
To elaborate more on my previous post. Rak is a better 2 way center, where as Holland is the one who has the better offense. Think Carter vs Richards potential. Holland obviously being carter.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:42 AM
cslebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
To elaborate more on my previous post. Rak is a better 2 way center, where as Holland is the one who has the better offense. Think Carter vs Richards potential. Holland obviously being carter.
thanks for the elaboration, did not know that - rarely do the snippets of reports you can find easily give you that kind of insight.

If that's the case, has Holland been tried out as a wing?

cslebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:01 PM
RPGrizzly

vCash: 942
I don't understand why Columbus would be open to trading Brassard. He's young, talented, and it looks like he's part of a pretty deep forward core going ahead for Columbus. They look like a team ready to compete now or by next season, so trading Brassard for prospects or players who are NHL caliber but haven't proven themselves yet (Holland, DSP) seems like it would just set them back.

At the same time, Anaheim has put a lot of work into developing their young centers and it seems their patience is finally starting to pay off. Trading for Brassard, right now, just defeats the purpose of all the time Anaheim spent letting their centers develop. Getting a veteran rental with playoff experience for the 2C spot makes more sense for the Ducks right now. Brassard is a great player but that's a trade I would have liked to see 3+ years ago.

RPGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:03 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
Hate to break it to you but Columbus wil always be trying to save money as a smart market team. If they can get pieces that can fill the same need for half the cost they will always consider making that trade.
Sure Columbus will be a SMART market team, not a STUPID market team. You don't get Brassard for that crap. Controlling cost doesn't mean fielding a team of 3rd line grinders or guys who trip over snow snakes.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Xoggz22

Columbus is weakest in the area of scoring wings. Particularly weak at RW. Brassard has played some wing but he's best utilized as a C to use his vision and skating. Brass has played quite well this year - in my opinion. His faceoffs have improved, still not good but not nearly as bad as previous years. He'll never be mistaken for physical or the lead on the forecheck but his overall game has improved and he has heart (to go along with high end skill, vision and IQ).

I would be sad to see him go but if it was to upgrade the team, especially on the wing, I'm OK with it.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:33 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I would be pretty upset if ANA moved Beleskey, he is a good bottom 6 forward, and one of the few tough, and physical players we have. this team CANNOT get softer going into the playoffs. not saying he's a great player but just a matter of fit

Holland+ for Brassard makes some sense, but why isn't Brassard more productive, is what i'd like to know

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:00 PM
cslebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
I would be pretty upset if ANA moved Beleskey, he is a good bottom 6 forward, and one of the few tough, and physical players we have. this team CANNOT get softer going into the playoffs. not saying he's a great player but just a matter of fit

Holland+ for Brassard makes some sense, but why isn't Brassard more productive, is what i'd like to know
He's got 6 g and 11 a so not too bad. Really it has been a lot of shut-dwn work hard hockey while Brass is a slick skill guy - so largely a style clash. He's always looked better when he is allowed to roam free and open up offensively. Give him guys who can flow with him and shoot and he'll put up points.

He still has a bunch of value ot CBJ, as you've seen some fans don't want to trade him. It just seems to part of our population that he isn't quite in line with the new regime's style or plan going forward (speculation). He is one of the few players that can have true top 6 skill on the team though.

Also to address Beleskey, we don't really need bottom 6 on CBJ so he should be safe.

cslebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:35 PM
AngelDuck

I wouldn't move Holland for Brassard. I could be overrating Holland, but I just think in a year or two he's going to be our 2C.

AngelDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:22 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I wouldn't move Holland for Brassard. I could be overrating Holland, but I just think in a year or two he's going to be our 2C.
I'm not looking to dump Brassard, but he's a solid 2C right now. That's why I wouldn't give him up unless a top 6 wing was coming back. He's a playmaker with no finishers on his line.

He is fast and has very good vision.

and as you know, Holland is soft and <45% on face offs.

Last edited by TaketheCannoli: 03-31-2013 at 06:48 PM.
TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslebn View Post
thanks for the elaboration, did not know that - rarely do the snippets of reports you can find easily give you that kind of insight.

If that's the case, has Holland been tried out as a wing?
No for whatever reason BB refused to try either Rakkel or Holland at wing. Bunch of us wanted to see Holland on top line, but BB refused. He raved about the kid in many camp so I think bb has high hopes for the kid.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Our interest in Holland would be primarily as a winger, yeah. I'd ask for a 3rd as well since our 3rd is, barring a miraculous turnaround in MSG, going to end up in the hands of the Rangers.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:37 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
No for whatever reason BB refused to try either Rakkel or Holland at wing. Bunch of us wanted to see Holland on top line, but BB refused. He raved about the kid in many camp so I think bb has high hopes for the kid.
Let's hope neither of them turns out like the "don't play Lupul at left wing" scenario did.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:14 AM
DangleDman

Brass for Etem... makes sense for both sides.

DangleDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:17 AM
Exit Dose

Etem isn't getting traded any time soon.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:07 AM
major major

Columbus isn't a true seller (currently on the playoff bubble), so the price is going to be a bit inflated. I'd say to Anaheim to come back before the draft and maybe we'd (Jackets fan here) do it for a first rounder, but I know you want someone for your playoff run.

If it would have to be now I'd say Brassard for 1st + DSP.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:11 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDman View Post
No it doesn't.....

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:22 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDman View Post
Er. I can't imagine it making sense for Anaheim.

For similar reasons, I've assiduously avoided mentioning the name Palmieri.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote