HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

vCash: 500
What would it take to get Talbot out of Philly?
Can play centre and wing...playoff seasoned...
I'd give DD without batting an eye.
I don't hate the kid but I do cringe a lot when his line is hemmed in our end.
I still feel very strongly that we need to gain some size up the middle.
Pleks needs to retire as a Hab.
Eller is too good of a two way player to consider moving.
He has already shown good attributes in Previous playoffs.
We should have enough offence to get the job done.
Particularly if we move on one of these rentals.
We could use an upgrade on the defensive side of center.

Francophone for Francophone should be alright... LOL
Besides Bergy would need a new Schtick.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:03 PM
En3rgiee89

I'm not sure I would do much this coming trade deadline. I don't think giving up draft picks + prospects for a rental player to be in the Habs best interest.

I would want to hold on to what we have and build a winning team for years to come. Looking at the pieces we already have + guys coming up + the picks we have in 2013 draft we finally have the chance to build a winning team for many years. We can be huge buyers in about 2 years when a lot of our young guys have more experience and are ready for a long playoff run. I would be more interested in getting galchenyuk & gallagher some playoff experience this year and see how far we can go with what we have!

I get the interest in getting a guy to make the cup run, but in my opinion I would look at adding a big body 6th dman and thats about it. Although Ryan Clowe is tempting his 0 goals scares me.

Would be happy either way though!

GO HABSS

Old
03-31-2013, 12:06 PM
S Bah

If the media is right(TSN)then the Habs may sign Ryan Clowe as early as today,they say that NYR's and the big,bad Bruins are in the bidding also.When Bergy signs Clowe then it will give him time to swing the deal for David Clarkson,after those signings Antoine Laganiere the Power Forward from Yale should be next on the list.Having Clowe and Clarkson as mentors for Laganiere can only be a good thing.Go Bergy Go!

Old
03-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
What would it take to get Talbot out of Philly?
Can play centre and wing...playoff seasoned...
I'd give DD without batting an eye.
I don't hate the kid but I do cringe a lot when his line is hemmed in our end.
I still feel very strongly that we need to gain some size up the middle.
Pleks needs to retire as a Hab.
Eller is too good of a two way player to consider moving.
He has already shown good attributes in Previous playoffs.
We should have enough offence to get the job done.
Particularly if we move on one of these rentals.
We could use an upgrade on the defensive side of center.

Francophone for Francophone should be alright... LOL
Besides Bergy would need a new Schtick.
Galchenyuk isn't ready for full time work at center, Eller has yet to prove he can run the 2nd line. Desharnais brings valuable offense to the team that would in no way be replaced by bringing in Talbot. There is no problem with having three scoring lines, as you can see by the Habs spot in the standings. You don't just throw producing centers away, no matter how small they might be.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
If the media is right(TSN)then the Habs may sign Ryan Clowe as early as today,they say that NYR's and the big,bad Bruins are in the bidding also.When Bergy signs Clowe then it will give him time to swing the deal for David Clarkson,after those signings Antoine Laganiere the Power Forward from Yale should be next on the list.Having Clowe and Clarkson as mentors for Laganiere can only be a good thing.Go Bergy Go!

First. Habs have to trade for him before they sign him.
Second. Who said Habs may 'sign' him as soon as today?

Old
03-31-2013, 12:13 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
First. Habs have to trade for him before they sign him.
Second. Who said Habs may 'sign' him as soon as today?
From the fictitious tsn channel that he watches while he is in REM sleep.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Galchenyuk isn't ready for full time work at center, Eller has yet to prove he can run the 2nd line. Desharnais brings valuable offense to the team that would in no way be replaced by bringing in Talbot. There is no problem with having three scoring lines, as you can see by the Habs spot in the standings. You don't just throw producing centers away, no matter how small they might be.
Don't remember Eller ever getting a shot a running a second line.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Gally11

I seen rumors of a sign and trade on TSN too.. But didn't mention MTL

Old
03-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Draft

Quote:
Exactly, so what sense does it make to expect it of him when you don't need him to right now? He hasn't proven he can and he hasn't proven he can't. The trade you suggested does nothing to improve the team at this moment, or for that matter, in the future. I'm a huge fan of Eller and not a huge fan of Desharnais, but that's just not how you develop players, especially when the team is doing so well and playoffs are approaching. I think there's a better chance Desharnais would be traded when Eller has had more time to improve his offence. I think to acquire Talbot you could get away with trading Pateryn or Ellis and a pick.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:21 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.habs7.com/index.php/edito...ent-temptation

Old
03-31-2013, 12:23 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Because Desharnais can't play 3rd line, Desharnais can't play without Patches and Eller can't play PP because it would pump DD and Gionta off of it. It's precisely why I disliked the timing and shape of DD's extension. The man's an RFA and we have Eller and Galchenyuk coming up, there was no rush whatsoever.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

While some will catch some Sharks games, very few here do. Some people were against going after Prust in the discussions leading to July 1st this past summer and almost every Habs' fan is now sold on him and what he can do.

I get to see Clowe a fair bit here out west and I'm convinced that fans would learn to love him in Montreal, in a similar way they like Prust. They guy competes. He's not afraid to go to the tough areas and he uses his size extremely well along the boards. He's also not afraid to protect his teammates if/when it's required. Plus, he can play hockey and he's not going to hurt the team when he's on the ice!

I can only imagine entering a game against Boston with both Prust and Clowe in the line-up, to support the skills already on this team. It would be a joy to watch, believe me.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Because Desharnais can't play 3rd line, Desharnais can't play without Patches and Eller can't play PP because it would pump DD and Gionta off of it. It's precisely why I disliked the timing and shape of DD's extension. The man's an RFA and we have Eller and Galchenyuk coming up, there was no rush whatsoever.
I agree, I just don't think management has the same faith in Eller as the fans do. Up until this year he's been nothing spectacular and he's still a little shaky at times. Desharnais is still tradeable at the very least.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
I agree, I just don't think management has the same faith in Eller as the fans do. Up until this year he's been nothing spectacular and he's still a little shaky at times. Desharnais is still tradeable at the very least.
If Eller remains a 3rd line center he'd be one of the best in the league and that's not a bad thing for us. Eller still needs to prove more offensively, he's a great forechecker and can be a beast defensively, but he's got to contribute more goals and points wise to convince the coach and management that he can be a top 2 center.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:35 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
While some will catch some Sharks games, very few here do. Some people were against going after Prust in the discussions leading to July 1st this past summer and almost every Habs' fan is now sold on him and what he can do.

I get to see Clowe a fair bit here out west and I'm convinced that fans would learn to love him in Montreal, in a similar way they like Prust. They guy competes. He's not afraid to go to the tough areas and he uses his size extremely well along the boards. He's also not afraid to protect his teammates if/when it's required. Plus, he can play hockey and he's not going to hurt the team when he's on the ice!

I can only imagine entering a game against Boston with both Prust and Clowe in the line-up, to support the skills already on this team. It would be a joy to watch, believe me.
There's no debating that Clowe would bring a big body presence. But at which price do we want to bring him in for? All signs point to one team overpaying for him with this being a seller's market. Would we be willing to sacrifice a 1st+prospect? I would go no further than 2nd + Leblanc.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post

From what I saw from him the pasts seasons I totally agree ! but I'm concerned about his speed, some poster said he lost some and I can believe them since his style of play is pretty hard on the body (see Moen) what do you think about that ?

Then again I can't see Bergevin making a move to get someone and give assets for a rental, I think he will search someone that he can keep 3-4 years, it's also an important aspect.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Exactly, so what sense does it make to expect it of him when you don't need him to right now? He hasn't proven he can and he hasn't proven he can't. The trade you suggested does nothing to improve the team at this moment, or for that matter, in the future. I'm a huge fan of Eller and not a huge fan of Desharnais, but that's just not how you develop players, especially when the team is doing so well and playoffs are approaching. I think there's a better chance Desharnais would be traded when Eller has had more time to improve his offence. I think to acquire Talbot you could get away with trading Pateryn or Ellis and a pick.
I don't completely agree or disagree with your assessment .
MT is actually one of the types of players who can help tremendously in developing young talent.
Everything that happens in the playoffs gets magnified a thousand fold.
If we make the right moves we will not hurt offensively...
I realize the timing may seem strange but I'm seeing DD's line struggling in the plus minus column
Lately. This too will be magnified come playoff time.
We will be looking at a completely different brand of hockey.
I would love to have Max. I was actually speculating on cost.
I would still pull the trigger on that one.
No way in hell Eller would not produce with those two wingers.
But once again what would it cost....

Old
03-31-2013, 12:46 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
There's no debating that Clowe would bring a big body presence. But at which price do we want to bring him in for? All signs point to one team overpaying for him with this being a seller's market. Would we be willing to sacrifice a 1st+prospect? I would go no further than 2nd + Leblanc.
I hate writing off Leblanc, but thats pretty fair, though I think the price for a signed Clowe would be higher since Leblanc has cratered this year. Im going to pull back a bit on my earlier post and just say if MB is that convinced on a guy with 0 goals this year I maybe could live with our 2nd this year and next, along with our 4th this year and White. Keep our 1st and the Calgary and Nashville 2nds. Anything higher, forget it.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Draft

Quote:
I don't completely agree or disagree with your assessment .
MT is actually one of the types of players who can help tremendously in developing young talent.
Everything that happens in the playoffs gets magnified a thousand fold.
If we make the right moves we will not hurt offensively...
I realize the timing may seem strange but I'm seeing DD's line struggling in the plus minus column
Lately. This too will be magnified come playoff time.
We will be looking at a completely different brand of hockey.
I would love to have Max. I was actually speculating on cost.
I would still pull the trigger on that one.
No way in hell Eller would not produce with those two wingers.
But once again what would it cost....
Seeing Galchenyuk and Eller work together is great enough as it is, put Eller with proven NHL offensive wingers and great things could really happen. I think Talbot is a little over-valued because of his character and his work ethic. Not that those traits don't make a great player, I think what you'd receive back (in terms of production) wouldn't be worth the assets you'd have to give up to get him. I think you'd need to put in a really great offer for Philly to consider it. Maybe Moen/White, Cgy's 2nd and maybe a middling prospect?

Old
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Philly might like Moen. I would be ok with Moen for Talbot, and throwing in a low-level prospect if we have to.

Old
overlords
Hfboards

I wonder if we could pry Giordano out of Calgary.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
I hate writing off Leblanc, but thats pretty fair, though I think the price for a signed Clowe would be higher since Leblanc has cratered this year. Im going to pull back a bit on my earlier post and just say if MB is that convinced on a guy with 0 goals this year I maybe could live with our 2nd this year and next, along with our 4th this year and White. Keep our 1st and the Calgary and Nashville 2nds. Anything higher, forget it.
Honestly, I would rather toss around draft picks than give up on a player like Leblanc. I think two guaranteed 2nds+ is a but much. I think White/Moen and a guaranteed 2nd would get the job done.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:56 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I wonder if we could pry Giordano out of Calgary.
Nevermind Clowe, I still think we need another top 4 defenseman in order to make a nice run this year. And he wouldn't be a rental either.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:57 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I just don't see where Clowe fits into the line-up.. Diaz's health is the only thing we need to know because Tinordi/Beaulieu can be fine contingencies in the play-offs along with Kaberle.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Philly might like Moen. I would be ok with Moen for Talbot, and throwing in a low-level prospect if we have to.
Talbot is a very highly regarded player. He isn't really your typical fringe 3rd liner. Moen seems to have cemented himself as a 4th liner this year.

Closed Thread