HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blake Wheeler to Edmonton

Old
03-30-2013, 04:06 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
The only realistic trade is Wheeler + for Eberle. I wouldn't make that trade though. Our first line has great chemistry and the + it would take is not worth giving up.

veganhunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:11 PM
almostawake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Wheeler is a nice top 6 to have but we do have Eberle and Yak in our top 6 already. I do think that Hemsky would be a nice addition in WNG. What would WNG offer for Hemsky? Your 1st and what. He would look good on your 2nd line with Kane on the LW.
No chance the Jets move their 1st for Hemsky, or anything else reasonable for that matter.

Sure if the Jets make the playoffs it's a mid to late pick, but the Jets cannot afford that risk.

almostawake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:14 PM
ducky

Wheeler is Winnipeg's first line RW and has more points that any of Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins or Yakupov (or Hemsky for that matter).

He is a 6'5" 200+ pound winger that can skate. He was drafted 5th overall. He is still only 26.

He plays on the top line in Winnipeg.

It is obvious the ask would be Eberle. Gagner is intriguing but would leave too big a hole on the Jet's RW.

ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Ziggy66

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Wheeler is Winnipeg's first line RW and has more points that any of Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins or Yakupov (or Hemsky for that matter).

He is a 6'5" 200+ pound winger that can skate. He was drafted 5th overall. He is still only 26.

He plays on the top line in Winnipeg.

It is obvious the ask would be Eberle. Gagner is intriguing but would leave too big a hole on the Jet's RW.
we would have to add alot to get eberle. He had 76 pts in 78 games in his second season in the NHL and he is only 22 and has beaten Wheelers highest peak of production in only his second season at the age of 21.

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Ovechking

vCash: 732
Whitney Hemsky and a 2nd for Wheeler?
Then Yakupov for Byfuglien?

Ovechking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:27 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Eberle
Hemsky

For

Wheeler
Trouba
Thorburn

3 gritty as F players is exactly what Deadmonton needs.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:34 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
See the recent articles on OilersNation : guys like Strudwick, Gregor, etc seem pretty convinced that this "core" will be re-tooled in the near future. These guys are NOT untouchable (okay, maybe Hall). Obviously they're not going to give them away for magic beans, but if they can alter the composition of the core with a similar quality of player coming back but fulfilling different needs, they will do it.

Although, I would guess that the Oilers have had more than a few calls about their young D-core and guys like Gagner this season.
That's a lot of 'if's', ha ha.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:35 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
The thing is who do the Oilers have that would make any sense at all for them to trade Wheeler for? The Jets are looking like a playoff team so why would they trade an important roster player unless they are getting a better player in return.
Probably nothing, but I actually already said that, so...

Old
03-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Wheeler has shown a new gear this year and is playing very well. He is our only top 6 RW who we cannot lose. If you want him, send one of the big 4.
Its always funny that no matter the name thrown out the first post is always start with the big 4 and add.

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
In all fairness, I don't think many would consider Blake Wheeler to be one of your core players. He's a good player, but how many core players can a team really have? I would think that Winnipeg management considers Ladd, Kane, Pavlec, Byfuglien, Bogosian and maybe Enstrom as "core" players. Guys like Blake Wheeler, while great players, are guys who can be traded to fill a hole on a team. He's not on the core player level like the Oilers "big 4".
Good post

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Its always funny that no matter the name thrown out the first post is always start with the big 4 and add.
What else is there of value ever offered? It's not like Oilers fans even offer Klefbom, 1st etc. it's always Hemsky, Whitney, Gagner, etc. Nobody wants those players in exchange for core players. This is why HfBoards will never have an agreed upon trade involving the Edmonton Oilers.

Christ you haven't even made your pick this year and the guys being hailed as part of the core moving forward.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Tank Commander
Alias: Sokocanuck

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Wheeler has shown a new gear this year and is playing very well. He is our only top 6 RW who we cannot lose. If you want him, send one of the big 4.
While I agree the Jets should keep him because he's turning into a very good PF, let's not get crazy.

Tank Commander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Tank Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Eberle
Hemsky

For

Wheeler
Trouba
Thorburn

If this trade could happen, Edm should jump on it. Instantly changes the culture of the team. Until Edm does something similar to this, they won't be a threat to anyone...but if they do, watch out.

Old
03-30-2013, 05:25 PM
hlaverty06

EDM fans you cannot get a top 6 player for Hemsky, you're adding and to be honest no one minus a top contender with cap space would really want him. His injury history hurts his value significantly. Wheeler is better than any other piece the oilers have minus the big 4..

It'd be wheeler+ for one of the big 4

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:45 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
In all fairness, I don't think many would consider Blake Wheeler to be one of your core players. He's a good player, but how many core players can a team really have? I would think that Winnipeg management considers Ladd, Kane, Pavlec, Byfuglien, Bogosian and maybe Enstrom as "core" players. Guys like Blake Wheeler, while great players, are guys who can be traded to fill a hole on a team. He's not on the core player level like the Oilers "big 4".
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
fyi, it's the big5 we have in Edmonton.

Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov and J. Schultz. Soon it will be big 7 with the 1st pick and Klefbom.

Double Standard much?

JETS are not trading Wheeler. No deal to be made here.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle. Wheeler is Winnipeg's best player. He isn't going anywhere without a huge return.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:51 AM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Wheeler 17 goals and 64 points in 82 games last year
Wheeler 32 goals and 64 points OPF in 82 games this year

Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:44 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I think it's a running joke, TBH.

I mean, obviously if we're trading one of our big 4, we're lookin' at Blake freakin' Wheeler first.
I don't think he was saying Wheeler was worth one of the big 4 (i.e. not saying the Oilers should do the trade), just that there's nothing else on the Oilers that even warrants consideration for Wheeler. His value to the Jets is way higher than it'd be to most other teams as the next best RW the Jets have is Miettinen. That's right - Miettinen.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:14 PM
hurricanedave

Quote:
In all fairness, Wheeler is the jets' only top 6 RW and there is no way he'd be downgraded in a trade. Frankly, unless there is another scoring RW in Winnipeg's system, he is part of the core. Removing him would remove any threat of scoring off the RW for the Jets.

hurricanedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:15 PM
danglzzz

Quote:

Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov and J. Schultz. Soon it will be big 7 with the 1st pick and Klefbom.
Am I the only one that can't stop laughing at this?

danglzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:38 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Wheeler is a nice top 6 to have but we do have Eberle and Yak in our top 6 already. I do think that Hemsky would be a nice addition in WNG. What would WNG offer for Hemsky? Your 1st and what.
How are you fixed for bags of pucks in Edmonton? Because that would be the likely response from Winnipeg's GM to your ludicrous expectations of a theoretical return for Hemsky.

Edmonton fans have been offering Hemsky to Winnipeg for two years running now and the response has continually been a resounding no thanks. The Winnipeg team will largely be built via the draft, so not sure why you'd expect Winnipeg management to throw that planning out the window and to just gift you a first round pick in exchange for Ales freaking Hemsky; the team here is young, and is planned to be huge and physical and difficult to compete against as such. Hemsky offers Winnipeg exactly none of that, so again, no thanks.

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 03-31-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:20 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Eberle
Hemsky

For

Wheeler
Trouba
Thorburn

Oilers say yes. Eberle>Wheeler, but Trouba is a stud. The only other trade I'd maybe say yes to is something around Eberle for Kane. RNH and Hall are worth more than anyone on the Jets IMO and I'm willing to see how much Yakupov can improve while on his ELC.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:22 PM
sansabri
HF's Grateful Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by danglzzz View Post
Am I the only one that can't stop laughing at this?
nope.

can't wait til it's the big 10.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:09 PM
Tank Commander

Quote:

Soon it will be a big cap issue.

With no results.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:22 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
Soon it will be a big cap issue.
No it won't.