HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I just don't see where Clowe fits into the line-up.. Diaz's health is the only thing we need to know because Tinordi/Beaulieu can be fine contingencies in the play-offs along with Kaberle.
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Ryder-Plekanec-Gio
Clowe-Eller-Galchenyuk
Armstrong-Prust-Moen

(White)

Old
03-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I wonder if we could pry Giordano out of Calgary.
I'd even give up Desharnais for Giordano.

I ****ing love Giordano.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:01 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Ryder-Plekanec-Gio
Clowe-Eller-Galchenyuk
Armstrong-Prust-Moen

(White)
Bourque dies in an AIDs fire?

Old
03-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Because Desharnais can't play 3rd line, Desharnais can't play without Patches and Eller can't play PP because it would pump DD and Gionta off of it. It's precisely why I disliked the timing and shape of DD's extension. The man's an RFA and we have Eller and Galchenyuk coming up, there was no rush whatsoever.
Players trade value more with contract in place?

Old
03-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
CGY 2nd for Jagr
So basically you are telling us you'd trade a late 1st rounder for Jagr? The CGY 2nd is virtually a late 1st.

The same Jagr we could have signed for nothing last summer? That would be horrific asset management by Bergevin.

Giordano is likely the Flames next Captain people in CGY feel. I can't see them trading him.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:03 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Nevermind Clowe, I still think we need another top 4 defenseman in order to make a nice run this year. And he wouldn't be a rental either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I'd even give up Desharnais for Giordano.

I ****ing love Giordano.
I'm usually reluctant to consider trading a first rounder, but for Giordano I'd do it. Dude is a beast.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
03-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
There's no debating that Clowe would bring a big body presence. But at which price do we want to bring him in for? All signs point to one team overpaying for him with this being a seller's market. Would we be willing to sacrifice a 1st+prospect? I would go no further than 2nd + Leblanc.
As for the price, I don't rely on what fans say or want, nor do I rely on what reporters say... until it's officially announced by the teams (see Aaron Ward).

What I do know however, is that for the first time since the days of Serge Savard, I have full confidence in the team's GM in place. He has yet to disappoint (me). I'll leave that in his hands to decide, one way or another. I trust that he'll do what's right for the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
From what I saw from him the pasts seasons I totally agree ! but I'm concerned about his speed, some poster said he lost some and I can believe them since his style of play is pretty hard on the body (see Moen) what do you think about that ?

Then again I can't see Bergevin making a move to get someone and give assets for a rental, I think he will search someone that he can keep 3-4 years, it's also an important aspect.
I'm not concerned about the speed. It's very hard to find the total package into one player. You need to have a balance within the team and Clowe would fill a need on the Habs, as he's something they don't have. Michael Ryder isn't the fastest skater but he complements his linemates very well, as he's predominantly a shooter with a quick release.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:05 PM
Draft

Quote:
Bourque dies in an AIDs fire?
It was botulism actually.

Bourque has potentially season-ending concussion. He's still not close to returning to the team. Apparently can't skate without headaches.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'm usually reluctant to consider trading a first rounder, but for Giordano I'd do it. Dude is a beast.
I'd trade our 1st ++.

1st
2nd (mtl)
Leblanc

That'd be my max, but holy **** is he worth it.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:10 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
It was botulism actually.

Bourque has potentially season-ending concussion. He's still not close to returning to the team. Apparently can't skate without headaches.
Can't expect to see RB back this year...
RD still up in the air we'll know more once and if we can get him out of the Gym and onto the ice

Old
03-31-2013, 12:13 PM
durojean

If it's true that Yandle is available. I would be willing to offer a lot for him. Including Beaulieu and our 1st.

Beaulieu our 1st Moen and maybe Leblanc ?

Old
03-31-2013, 12:15 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
Can't expect to see RB back this year...
RD still up in the air we'll know more once and if we can get him out of the Gym and onto the ice
RB has been skating with doctor supervision this week, no?

Old
03-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Not sure whether Giordano plays RD regularly but if Habs are to use futures to trade for one, it'd be better to search for a natural RD (#3 type).

LD
#2 - Markov
#4 - Gorges
#5 - Emelin
#6 - Boullion
Tinordi
Beaulieu

RD
#1 - Subban
#5 - Diaz (IR)
#7 - Weber (Sucks)
Pateryn
Ellis
Dietz
Thrower
Nygren

Old
habsroom

Quote:
Leblanc and our 2nd. No more, no less. Even then, I'd rather not lose a 2nd.
I wouldn't want the Habs to give up a first round pick for Clowe nor do I want to give up a 2nd round pick but to get something you have to give something up. I think the Sharks are looking for a 1st round pick and I would be willing to give that 1st round pick up if we were getting the clowe of 2 years ago when he score 27 goals.

Old
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
While some will catch some Sharks games, very few here do. Some people were against going after Prust in the discussions leading to July 1st this past summer and almost every Habs' fan is now sold on him and what he can do.

I get to see Clowe a fair bit here out west and I'm convinced that fans would learn to love him in Montreal, in a similar way they like Prust. They guy competes. He's not afraid to go to the tough areas and he uses his size extremely well along the boards. He's also not afraid to protect his teammates if/when it's required. Plus, he can play hockey and he's not going to hurt the team when he's on the ice!

I can only imagine entering a game against Boston with both Prust and Clowe in the line-up, to support the skills already on this team. It would be a joy to watch, believe me.
Thanks for some reassuring words about Clowe. I haven't been a fan of him, based on the very little I've seen and the reactions from some Sharks fans who feel he's past his prime. Still not sure, but I admit you have a better-informed opinion than I do.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
RB has been skating with doctor supervision this week, no?
Bourque was back skating at Brossard this week. Outlook seemed grim though.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Bourque was back skating at Brossard this week. Outlook seemed grim though.
If he is skating, the outlook can't be all that bad. When guys have recurring headaches they are confined to rest with no excersise.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:21 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If he is skating, the outlook can't be all that bad. When guys have recurring headaches they are confined to rest with no excersise.
Which may or may not be Diaz's case.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Which may or may not be Diaz's case.
His case is confusing. Why has he been doing gym work for a month and can't get on the ice? If he is having headaches he should be just resting...

The first part of the concussion protocol is rest with no symptoms.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:22 PM
habsroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
As for the price, I don't rely on what fans say or want, nor do I rely on what reporters say... until it's officially announced by the teams (see Aaron Ward).

What I do know however, is that for the first time since the days of Serge Savard, I have full confidence in the team's GM in place. He has yet to disappoint (me). I'll leave that in his hands to decide, one way or another. I trust that he'll do what's right for the team.

I'm not concerned about the speed. It's very hard to find the total package into one player. You need to have a balance within the team and Clowe would fill a need on the Habs, as he's something they don't have. Michael Ryder isn't the fastest skater but he complements his linemates very well, as he's predominantly a shooter with a quick release.
Well said I agree 100 %

Old
03-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Robiyardov
Irkutsk, Irkutskaya

If we'd get Clowe and be rid of Desharnais somehow.

Bourque-Plekanec-Ryder - Some size, crash, snipe, speed and defensive awareness.
Pacioretty-Eller-Gallagher - Lots size, crash, grit, speed and defensive awareness.
Clowe-Galchenyuk-Gionta - Huge, tough, immense talent, surprising defensive awareness and speed, leadership and experience.
Prust-Halpern-Moen - Grit, hero, experience and size and masterful defensively.

Plekanec and Eller line would receive the toughest matchups leaving Galchenyuk with more "opportunity" to contribute offensively. Halpern's line could be playing more than Galchenyuk's line on some nights depending on matchups.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:27 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robiyardov View Post
If we'd get Clowe and be rid of Desharnais somehow.

Bourque-Plekanec-Ryder - Some size, crash, snipe, speed and defensive awareness.
Pacioretty-Eller-Gallagher - Lots size, crash, grit, speed and defensive awareness.
Clowe-Galchenyuk-Gionta - Huge, tough, immense talent, surprising defensive awareness and speed, leadership and experience.
Prust-Halpern-Moen - Grit, hero, experience and size and masterful defensively.

Plekanec and Eller line would receive the toughest matchups leaving Galchenyuk with more "opportunity" to contribute offensively. Halpern's line could be playing more than Galchenyuk's line on some nights depending on matchups.
Yhea... "Get rid of Desharnais"

Not gonna happen dude. Talking out of your ass here.

And also unlikely is having Chuckie actually centering a line for now.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Robiyardov
Irkutsk, Irkutskaya

Rid might have been a poor choice of words. I just find him "easier" to be traded than Gionta, somehow. Maybe I'm dead wrong.

And, I know chances are slim that Galchenyuk's will be centering any lines again this year. I just would personally feel comfortable with that. I find he was better at center because he could use his vision to better effect.

Breathe.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:33 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
His case is confusing. Why has he been doing gym work for a month and can't get on the ice? If he is having headaches he should be just resting...

The first part of the concussion protocol is rest with no symptoms.
A neck injury perhaps?

Old
03-31-2013, 12:37 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robiyardov View Post
Rid might have been a poor choice of words. I just find him "easier" to be traded than Gionta, somehow. Maybe I'm dead wrong.

And, I know chances are slim that Galchenyuk's will be centering any lines again this year. I just would personally feel comfortable with that. I find he was better at center because he could use his vision to better effect.

Breathe.
when he was playing center, he was playing very sheltered minute. We cannot afford juggling 2 sheltered lines between DD and Chuckie. And at this point, I feel Chuckie just isn't as good as DD as a center. He needs to develop his game more. He has some very good moments and intentions, but... he never finishes.

Yet. He'll get there.

Closed Thread