HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban's play since coming back Part 2

Old
03-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
My autographed PK jersey is skyrocketing in value. This guy is one of the most multidimensional players I've seen. If he had the fighting dimension he'd be a Larry Robinson +.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Remember when some of our dolt fans wanted to trade him straight up for Couturier, and some Flyers fans said NO. Remember that?

lol

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Gally11

Pierre McGuire offers were pretty foolish too.. What was it he suggested Subban + our first for Edmonton's first?

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
Pierre McGuire offers were pretty foolish too.. What was it he suggested Subban + our first for Edmonton's first?
To be fair, he didn't suggest that, he said that this would likely be the asking price for Edmonton's first. He never said we should do that trade.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
In terms of his play, he's doing exactly his job and gave a cap-friendly deal long-term. Off-ice, he's the only player on this team who has the balls to actually go to these interviews and to give fans some insight into the team - our coveted midget captain doesn't even give interviews but Gorges is a loser for going into the snakepit and giving honest answers? You want your cake and to eat it too, it seems.

I don't watch antichambre or listen to sports radio, because I value my frontal lobe, but what do you expect him to say when he's asked a question like that? I prefer Subban to Gorges any day but clearly Subban has matured as a hockey player (I don't know him as a person, obviously) and is more effective this year than last year. It could have to do with not playing under Jacques Martin's ancient, asanine system and being on a winning, positive team, or it could do with his personal trajectory. Who knows.

Gorges is the man, he's a clean player who plays his heart out and faces the heat after every loss even if it wasn't on him. Leadership doesn't rear its head so clearly that often.
Subban is following his progression. Just like Price matured. Just like every kid in the world matures.
Subban had no problem solidifying his #1 role under Martin, so not sure how not playing under Martin has any impact. PK even progressed under the worst coach of the year in Randy Cunneyworth.

Gorges is overrated among these boards. He doesn't suck by any stretch of the imagination, but he's not that great. Plays his heart out for sure, and hasn't been bad but he hasn't been that great this year. He only blocks shots, the rest of the time he seems a little lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
There's is no other way to handle the question other than avoiding it fully and saying that he gives 100% on-and-off-the-ice or whatever.
I thought you didn't watch the show?

I don't know what Gorges said. All I know is that this guy said some dumb crap during the lockout, and just like with Cole, so I think they're dumb.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think Gorges should have dealt with those questions better, but antichambre are such **** starters with questions like that. It's like watching The View. They can hardly control themselves with their squawking.
Didn't see the interview but I was really disapointed with how Gorges handled the whole PK thing... I've soured on him since that whole fiasco. Just goes to show that as fans we really don't know what's going on behind closed doors. We all assume that Markov and Gorges are good leaders but how are we to know? When I saw their comments to the press it really made me question them. Hated how they left PK out to dry with the way they responded...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

I have absolutely no proof, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Gorges is a little jealous of PK. More of all the attention he gets than anything. Gorges being a low energy guy probably automatically dislikes someone that has as big of a personality as PK. Plus all his comments re: Subban are generally non-supportive and critical.

Again, no proof, just my assumption.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Bergevin negotiations with PK after this season.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I have absolutely no proof, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Gorges is a little jealous of PK. More of all the attention he gets than anything. Gorges being a low energy guy probably automatically dislikes someone that has as big of a personality as PK. Plus all his comments re: Subban are generally non-supportive and critical.

Again, no proof, just my assumption.
Even giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming PK was a cocky ass... you still back your teammates to the cameras. You never diss a teammate publicly like that. It was really uncool.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:16 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Even giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming PK was a cocky ass... you still back your teammates to the cameras. You never diss a teammate publicly like that. It was really uncool.
Gorges thinks hes the captain of this team, he needs to be taken down a peg.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:17 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Just let Eller take practice shots at him.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:11 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Just let Eller take practice shots at him.
... from the bench?

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:48 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Gorges is overrated among these boards. He doesn't suck by any stretch of the imagination, but he's not that great. Plays his heart out for sure, and hasn't been bad but he hasn't been that great this year. He only blocks shots, the rest of the time he seems a little lost.
Kriss, love you man, but I have to say you have just gone from Subban supporter to full blown "I am just a fan of Subban".

Gorges has 82 blocked shots to lead the team. The next highest player on the Habs roster is Markov with 50.

Subban is a very good DMan but lets be realistic. He has 34 blocked shots, fewer than Emelin, Boullion and Diaz.

Every blocked shot is a shot that has no chance of becoming a goal.

At least be objective and look at what each Habs player brings to the success of the CANADIENS.

Team first.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:51 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Kriss, love you man, but I have to say you have just gone from Subban supporter to full blown "I am just a fan of Subban".

Gorges has 82 blocked shots to lead the team. The next highest player on the Habs roster is Markov with 50.

Subban is a very good DMan but lets be realistic. He has 34 blocked shots, fewer than Emelin, Boullion and Diaz.

Every blocked shot is a shot that has no chance of becoming a goal.

At least be objective and look at what each Habs player brings to the success of the CANADIENS.

Team first.
Kriss E: "Gorges hasn't really done much except block shots this year."

SouthernHab: "That's not true! He also blocks shots! PK doesn't do that."

Yes, SouthernHab. That's how it do.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Didn't see the interview but I was really disapointed with how Gorges handled the whole PK thing... I've soured on him since that whole fiasco. Just goes to show that as fans we really don't know what's going on behind closed doors. We all assume that Markov and Gorges are good leaders but how are we to know? When I saw their comments to the press it really made me question them. Hated how they left PK out to dry with the way they responded...
It didn't seem to bother PK that much, did it? Looks like it might even have motivated him...

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Tyson

If the 2007 draft had to be redone knowing what we know today, where would PK be picked?

Tyson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Habanero514

If Subban is not nominated for Norris trophy, i'll cry!

Habanero514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:01 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
It didn't seem to bother PK that much, did it? Looks like it might even have motivated him...
Using make-believe logic, I could just as easily say that the lowballing insulted him and we could have had an even better subban than what we're seeing right now.

But that would be stupid.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
If the 2007 draft had to be redone knowing what we know today, where would PK be picked?
Easy.

Flyers take him second overall. Although, with Laviolette being an offensive coach, he might not have developed his defensive game as quickly.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Corncob

Quote:
It's not the first time. Apparently when he was in juniors he sewed his own 'C' onto his Kelowna Rockets jersey and pretended to be captain....

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Bergevin negotiations with PK after this season.

HAHA! I'm laughing out loud right now

Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:49 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
I hope the lack of serious responses to you absolutely insane statement hammers in the fact that your post was beyond recognition.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:28 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
I don't care if people agree with me, I'm entitled to my opinion and it is that Gorges should worry about his game (which is much worse this year than last year) and stop worrying about what other players are doing off the ice.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:10 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
I don't care if people agree with me, I'm entitled to my opinion and it is that Gorges should worry about his game (which is much worse this year than last year) and stop worrying about what other players are doing off the ice.
Did you realize that Josh Gorges plays for the Montreal Canadiens?

Although he does not play for the Montreal Subbans. So you might have a point regarding that "other" team.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:25 PM
RhyZa

How much do you think PK will get on his next contract?

RhyZa is offline   Reply With Quote