HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robiyardov View Post
Rid might have been a poor choice of words. I just find him "easier" to be traded than Gionta, somehow. Maybe I'm dead wrong.

And, I know chances are slim that Galchenyuk's will be centering any lines again this year. I just would personally feel comfortable with that. I find he was better at center because he could use his vision to better effect.

Breathe.
And trading a top 6 center or your captain while you're 1st of your division, 2nd in the East, would just be retarded.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:40 PM
bhuya71

Why is everyone so obsessed with Clowe... from all reports hes slowing down. . N being a bad skater will make him detrimental to the system. .. not to mention I wouldn't dream of trading a 2nd or a decent prospect for a slow declining tiugh guy with no goals...this obsession with him needs to relax

Old
03-31-2013, 01:43 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Why is everyone so obsessed with Clowe... from all reports hes slowing down. . N being a bad skater will make him detrimental to the system. .. not to mention I wouldn't dream of trading a 2nd or a decent prospect for a slow declining tiugh guy with no goals...this obsession with him needs to relax
Change of scenery could help? I wonder why he is having such a tough season?

Old
03-31-2013, 01:43 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
What I do know however, is that for the first time since the days of Serge Savard, I have full confidence in the team's GM in place. He has yet to disappoint (me). I'll leave that in his hands to decide, one way or another. I trust that he'll do what's right for the team.
The same Serge Savard that dismantled the great teams from 86-89? Not being fooled by the surprise year of 1993, his ineptness laid the foundation for the even greater suckitude of Rejean Houle.

Chelios for Denis Savard
Leclair, Desjardins and Dionne for Mark Recchi
Claude Lemieux for Sylvain Turgeon
Carbonneau for Jim Montgomery

First round picks 1988-1995:
Eric Charron
Lindsay Vallis
Turner Stevenson
Brent Bilodeau
David Wilkie
Saku Koivu
Brad Brown
Terry Ryan

One and a half decent players out of EIGHT!

Old
03-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well, he's a big body and has his use. There's also the possibility that he might just need a change of scenery, you never know.
Question is more if you're willing to take a chance on him. I would, but that depends on the asking price.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
The guy has put up 45-65 points the past 4 years while being a huge physical presence and he's only 30. Pretty easy to see why he is intriguing to many fans. This year seems like an off year to me on an up and down San Jose team. That being said, I'd be reluctant to give a second and a prospect for him as this team is very deep up front. Would rather spend our excess assets on a physical d-man.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:46 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
His case is confusing. Why has he been doing gym work for a month and can't get on the ice? If he is having headaches he should be just resting...

The first part of the concussion protocol is rest with no symptoms.
Just speculating, but perhaps he's fine when he's at home and resting...and then when he comes to do any sort of physical activity in the gym and take the next step, the symptoms return?

Thinking of it, my final Clowe offer would be this:

- NSH 2nd - BUT, if it's top 40, we keep it and send them our own 2nd+our 3rd.
- 1 of the Ellis/Pateryn/Holland group of expendable prospects that will be in tough to ever crack our lineup.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:47 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well, he's a big body and has his use. There's also the possibility that he might just need a change of scenery, you never know.
Question is more if you're willing to take a chance on him. I would, but that depends on the asking price.
2nd and Morgan Ellis is what I'd offer. It's in line with the trades that have been made so far.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Yes some Ranger fans warned us about Prust too...Clowe and Prust. And then offseason add a real scrappy dman.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Just speculating, but perhaps he's fine when he's at home and resting...and then when he comes to do any sort of physical activity in the gym and take he next step, the symptoms return?

- 1 of the Ellis/Pateryn/Holland group of expendable prospects that will be in tough to ever crack our lineup.

Agree with this. A late 2nd and an average prospect. If they don't want it nothing lost, nothing gained. This team is not desperate for Clowe. Some cheap depth would be fine with me this deadline.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:51 PM
bhuya71

Exactly I don't mind getting Clowe just not anything close to what some posters r willibg to give up for him

Old
03-31-2013, 01:53 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Don't throw tomatoes at me but right now would be a good time as any to get Vinny. You arrange a deal so that Tampa takes half of the contract and you bring a veteran guy that has something to prove, still has talent and size. Vinny would also not have to carry the load as we're a winning team. And really it would sort of match with what Pittsburgh did as an upgrade for the playoffs(Vinny vs Iginla #2!). You put him on the first line between Max Pac and Gallagher.

The trade would be Desharnais and Bourque for Vinny. Bourque is injured but for Tampa it would be a rebuild statement of sort like Calgary so if you're them you take DD and run. Bourque would just be an added piece on the long run if he gets healthy. Anyway it would also adjust our roster better since the chances are Bourque would have had trouble finding a spot upon his return on our team anyway.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I'd trade our 1st ++.

1st
2nd (mtl)
Leblanc

That'd be my max, but holy **** is he worth it.
Gio would be a great add. I would think you would have to offer a big package like our 1st, White, Diaz and Ellis or Dietz. It would be worth it though as Gio is great in all situations.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Robiyardov
Irkutsk, Irkutskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
when he was playing center, he was playing very sheltered minute. We cannot afford juggling 2 sheltered lines between DD and Chuckie. And at this point, I feel Chuckie just isn't as good as DD as a center. He needs to develop his game more. He has some very good moments and intentions, but... he never finishes.

Yet. He'll get there.
You make a good point, though at the same time Galchenuyk's sheltered minutes were happening, DD wasn't playing great. Could have been the Erik Cole effect, or could be that Galchenyuk's was benefitting from Gallagher as much as DD is right now...

The only thing for me, is that watching them all year, seeing them live only once so far, I felt like we were much too small at ice level. One of DD or Gionta needs to go as far as I'm concerned. People may differ.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:55 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Andreas Engqvist doing great in the KHL. Anyone believe he could become a valuable & expandable asset for a potential trade?

Old
03-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Just speculating, but perhaps he's fine when he's at home and resting...and then when he comes to do any sort of physical activity in the gym and take the next step, the symptoms return?

Then the gym work should stop if the symptoms return. From the tweets Diaz has been doing gym work for weeks and weeks.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:59 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Yhea... "Get rid of Desharnais"

Not gonna happen dude. Talking out of your ass here.

And also unlikely is having Chuckie actually centering a line for now.
One or more of our small forwards are going to have to go sooner or later.
DD is one of the logical choices him being unidimensional but still retaining some trade value.
I'm thinking his being under contract is actually a bonus.
I've always felt it is easier to negotiate a trade with a signed player in today's NHL.
Timing is key as well as what comes back in return.
The Chuckie situation doesn't even enter into the equation. (He is not unidimensional)
He wouldn't be expected to fill a centering roll this year and perhaps not even next.
We do need to get him to top 6 status by 2015.
I wouldn't use the term getting rid of and DD in the same sentence he has value...
But if we could acquire a big strong proven second or even third line center with mentorship
skills on the D side, We should seriously consider it.
This is based on my belief that Pleks needs to stay put and Eller could easily take over DD's ice time.

Who could we possibly get for him?

Old
03-31-2013, 02:00 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
The same Serge Savard that dismantled the great teams from 86-89? Not being fooled by the surprise year of 1993, his ineptness laid the foundation for the even greater suckitude of Rejean Houle.

Chelios for Denis Savard
Leclair, Desjardins and Dionne for Mark Recchi
Claude Lemieux for Sylvain Turgeon
Carbonneau for Jim Montgomery

First round picks 1988-1995:
Eric Charron
Lindsay Vallis
Turner Stevenson
Brent Bilodeau
David Wilkie
Saku Koivu
Brad Brown
Terry Ryan

One and a half decent players out of EIGHT!
Yes the same guy who got us Kirk Muller, and then Pierre Turgeon for an aging Muller, or Russ Courtnall for feu Kordic.

When Savard was gm, our organisation was relevant in the league. The team had clout. Something our actual gm is trying to get back.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:02 PM

The most I would give for Clowe is MTL's 2nd + Leblanc + Ellis.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:04 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Yes the same guy who got us Kirk Muller, and then Pierre Turgeon for an aging Muller, or Russ Courtnall for feu Kordic.

When Savard was gm, our organisation was relevant in the league. The team had clout. Something our actual gm is trying to get back.
or Vinnie Damphousse for Shane
Corson and Brian Bellows for peanuts.

The Chelios trade was notnhis doing. And his relationship with his boss went sour from then on. This is when Savard started to have more lucrative sidelines, let's just say.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Don't throw tomatoes at me but right now would be a good time as any to get Vinny. You arrange a deal so that Tampa takes half of the contract and you bring a veteran guy that has something to prove, still has talent and size. Vinny would also not have to carry the load as we're a winning team. And really it would sort of match with what Pittsburgh did as an upgrade for the playoffs(Vinny vs Iginla #2!). You put him on the first line between Max Pac and Gallagher.

The trade would be Desharnais and Bourque for Vinny. Bourque is injured but for Tampa it would be a rebuild statement of sort like Calgary so if you're them you take DD and run. Bourque would just be an added piece on the long run if he gets healthy. Anyway it would also adjust our roster better since the chances are Bourque would have had trouble finding a spot upon his return on our team anyway.
No ****ing thanks to the guy that is signed until 19-20

Old
03-31-2013, 02:07 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
The most I would give for Clowe is MTL's 2nd + Leblanc + Ellis.
Only because you think Leblanc is a manlet.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:07 PM
deandebean

Most teams that go for the homerun don't win the cup. Just go for depth. That's key.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
No ****ing thanks to the guy that is signed until 19-20
What if Tampa fronts half of the salary?

Old
03-31-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Only because you think Leblanc is a manlet.
I think he's a bust.

Closed Thread