HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 12:46 PM
CoconutHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Who is the better player, Dauphin or Poirier?
Poirier might be the best player at the moment, but we have to keep in mind that Dauphin played Midget AAA last year. Personally, I think Dauphin will end up being the best player. That being said, I would start considering both in the mid to late 2nd round, depending if there are any sleepers on the board.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:04 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHJMQFan1 View Post
Poirier might be the best player at the moment, but we have to keep in mind that Dauphin played Midget AAA last year. Personally, I think Dauphin will end up being the best player. That being said, I would start considering both in the mid to late 2nd round, depending if there are any sleepers on the board.
Poirier also tremendously improved from last season (mainly, his skating). So I don't believe there's much progression argument regarding those two players. Poirier is 3 months older than Dauphin, though.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:10 PM
overlords
Hfboards

You guys are really getting me psyched up for our second round picks.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Unless we trade picks for rentals, this might be one hell of a draft

Old
03-31-2013, 01:21 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Unless we trade picks for rentals, this might be one hell of a draft
I already know I'm having a draft party at my place, so lets hope we have even more picks by then!

Old
03-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I truly want Erne over almost anyone in the draft. The Habs lack power-wingers with great motors. This guy has those qualities and he has solid hockey sense.

I hear great things about Bo Horvat and he really sounds like a Bergevin type player. In the 20's, Domi and Gauthier are solid picks.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:47 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
I truly want Erne over almost anyone in the draft. The Habs lack power-wingers with great motors. This guy has those qualities and he has solid hockey sense.

I hear great things about Bo Horvat and he really sounds like a Bergevin type player. In the 20's, Domi and Gauthier are solid picks.
Leafs will pick Domi as some sort of Identity Crisis thing.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post

They have two pretty good ones in Pacioretty and Bourque.

Erne will be gone by the #20 pick, maybe 15.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:00 PM
Stephaaane

I know a lot of people here would like to draft Gauthier in the 1st round, but for me, he's too much of a risk. He reminds me too much of a Keven Veilleux/Colborne type of player. Yes he has good tools, but he's missing "combativity". I don't think he will translate well in the NHL. I could be wrong though! If he still there in round 2, I would think about it, it will depend who's left.

The guy I want and I hope MTL goes up in the draft to get is Erne. Fast, skill and play a good North/South up tempo game. Outside the top 10, I feel that's the guy who people would look back and ask theirselves why they didn't pick him instead of XYZ player.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:11 PM
CoconutHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
I know a lot of people here would like to draft Gauthier in the 1st round, but for me, he's too much of a risk. He reminds me too much of a Keven Veilleux/Colborne type of player. Yes he has good tools, but he's missing "combativity". I don't think he will translate well in the NHL. I could be wrong though! If he still there in round 2, I would think about it, it will depend who's left.

The guy I want and I hope MTL goes up in the draft to get is Erne. Fast, skill and play a good North/South up tempo game. Outside the top 10, I feel that's the guy who people would look back and ask theirselves why they didn't pick him instead of XYZ player.
The big difference between Gauthier and Veilleux is the attitude. The former is a really smart kid that has been constantly improving for the past couple of years. He is dedicated to his sport and will keep on getting better. The latter one was a complete waste of talent. He had all the tools to be an impact player in the NHL, but was missing dedication and commitment.

However, I agree that Gauthier is missing a little bit of combativity. The few times I've watched him play this year, I had the impression he didn't want to be he difference maker in the game. Seems like a quiet kid both on and off the ice. Sometimes the players need a little bit of character off the ice to be an impact player on the ice.

Given the center depth with the team, I think I would draft Erne ahead of Gauthier if both were available.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:12 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Leafs will pick Domi as some sort of Identity Crisis thing.
The Jets would make sense for the same resaon.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:10 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
What if..

1: Lazar/Rychel
2: Burakowsky
2: Poirier
2: Carrier
Aaaaand, boom. Our forward pool just went from meh in offense to wowza! Nobody in the league can beat that!

Old
03-31-2013, 07:27 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
I already know I'm having a draft party at my place, so lets hope we have even more picks by then!
I wouldn't mind that one bit, feels good to have 2nd round picks for 2 years in a row now, especially 5 in the last 2 years. And I'm damn happy the draft is a sunday, won't even have to use a float day. Another late 1st, or another 2nd (or both ), ****, we could fill the prospect pool instantly, and for a while...

And WeThreeKings, if those 4 picks were to happen, oh man...

Old
03-31-2013, 07:38 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
I wouldn't mind that one bit, feels good to have 2nd round picks for 2 years in a row now, especially 5 in the last 2 years. And I'm damn happy the draft is a sunday, won't even have to use a float day. Another late 1st, or another 2nd (or both ), ****, we could fill the prospect pool instantly, and for a while...

And WeThreeKings, if those 4 picks were to happen, oh man...
If those 4 picks happen.. the board would explode. It'd be ideal because we'd have scoring potential, character, and grit.. plus selection two high potential players from the QMJHL would make RDS **** off for awhile.

I'm definitely on board for Poirier and Carrier. I like their potential, what they bring to the table and I think that they both bring something that isn't exactly seen in our prospect pool currently.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:47 PM
Et le But

I'm beginning to realize Tampa is probably going to get Drouin.

1. Future replacement for St. Louis.
2. Would compliment Stamkos much like he does Mackinnon.
3. Would troll the **** out of the Quebec media.
4. They will be in the same division as us, meaning all the more reason to troll the **** out of RDS.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:17 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm beginning to realize Tampa is probably going to get Drouin.

1. Future replacement for St. Louis.
2. Would compliment Stamkos much like he does Mackinnon.
3. Would troll the **** out of the Quebec media.
4. They will be in the same division as us, meaning all the more reason to troll the **** out of RDS.
I don't know. It looks to me like Florida, Calgary and Colorado have the top 3 spots locked down. My guess is the Flames just get worse from here on, losing their long time captain has to hurt.

And, I can't see Drouin falling out of the top 3. I suppose it's possible if Calgary decides they want a big guy like Barkov over the smaller Drouin.

I'm hoping Florida finishes last, wins the lottery then takes Seth Jones leaving MacKinnon and Drouin to go to the 2 western teams.

TB will still get a very good player, but we won't hear so much about it if it's Barkov etc.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:28 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
I don't know. It looks to me like Florida, Calgary and Colorado have the top 3 spots locked down. My guess is the Flames just get worse from here on, losing their long time captain has to hurt.

And, I can't see Drouin falling out of the top 3. I suppose it's possible if Calgary decides they want a big guy like Barkov over the smaller Drouin.

I'm hoping Florida finishes last, wins the lottery then takes Seth Jones leaving MacKinnon and Drouin to go to the 2 western teams.

TB will still get a very good player, but we won't hear so much about it if it's Barkov etc.
Florida would likely take one of the QMJHL kids to play with Huberdeau, they showed great chemistry in the Super Series.

In your order it'd be MacKinnon to Florida, Flames would take Jones, and Colorado would select Drouin.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:03 PM
MXD

... Gatineau eliminates Rimouski in a 2-1 squeaker.

Guess who's the first star

Old
03-31-2013, 09:21 PM
MaxLacoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
... Gatineau eliminates Rimouski in a 2-1 squeaker.

Guess who's the first star
If the Habs' fans voted, Galchenyuk.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:40 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

God I really hope there's a way to address our big club needs at the deadline without giving away our picks.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:49 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Lazar at our spot? 30th overall? I don't think so.

As of right now, with the way we are playing and in the standings, I prefer the Habs to make a long playoff run and ultimately put all our chances to win the Cup. I don't think our 1st round pick will be that significant in terms of picking a strong prospect..we have 3 2nd rounders!

I think Lazar is gone by our 1st round pick .. sad!

Old
03-31-2013, 11:36 PM
bsl

Quote:
I am half way around the world, and it's hard enough to keep up with the Habs and Dogs so that I can try to contribute intelligent posts.

You guys are monsters. Absolutely zero idea on any of these guys. I'll leave it to you.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:46 PM
bsl

Quote:
Florida would likely take one of the QMJHL kids to play with Huberdeau, they showed great chemistry in the Super Series.

In your order it'd be MacKinnon to Florida, Flames would take Jones, and Colorado would select Drouin.
I want Jones in the West. The guy could be a monster from all I hear.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:58 PM
DanltQC

I don't want the Bruins picking up Jordan Subban. Let's hope we can have the third one to have 66% of the family on our sides!

Old
04-01-2013, 12:36 AM
bras meurtris
rise in darkness

vCash: 3380
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanltQC View Post
I don't want the Bruins picking up Jordan Subban. Let's hope we can have the third one to have 66% of the family on our sides!
agree.

hope we pick Jordan its a totally biased and homer comment but I dont care, pick this guy he has the pedigree and the genetic one day he will perform solid.

Closed Thread